Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation:

This guy is local is what we heard from law enforcement.

Could it be they know this because KAK sent someone a message saying that the girls were at the bridge? And because the person who received the message was able to get to the site quickly establishes that he is local?

Hmm, this is an interesting thought. LE did say this around the time the second sketch was released:

"We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."

The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

Source: https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/I...ay-have-already-interviewed-him-09576101.html

I was thinking when I first read this that investigators had figured out how quickly he left the area, maybe instead they were able to piece together how quickly he arrived?

I'm certainly considering there could be a connection to Schilmiller (of New Salisbury, Indiana). Cynthia Hoffman was murdered 2 years after Abby and Libby, and her murder was based on Schilmiller projecting himself as a multi millionnaire willing to pay $9M to have somebody murdered and the killing recorded. As the anthony_shots site predates Cynthia's 2019 killing, we would be left with the question of did Kline possibly influence Schilmiller or did Schilmiller’s site exist in 2017 and Kline was somehow associated with it or influenced by it.

Jumping off this post to say, the grey hoodie / dollar bill theme in anthony_shots is not unique to Kline (so I'm not convinced that is Kline in the grey hoodie). Variations of it float around the web. Here are some used by the media in relation to the Schilmiller case.

Oh my gosh, I don’t recall reading about the Schilmiller case. It’s so horrid, if just told as a story many wouldn’t believe it could be true. But the fact that it is opens possibilities well beyond the run-of-the-mill pervert who catfishes innocent young girls.

Darin Schilmiller offered teens $9M to kill and record it, feds say

I'm certainly considering there could be a connection to Schilmiller (of New Salisbury, Indiana). Cynthia Hoffman was murdered 2 years after Abby and Libby, and her murder was based on Schilmiller projecting himself as a multi millionnaire willing to pay $9M to have somebody murdered and the killing recorded. As the anthony_shots site predates Cynthia's 2019 killing, we would be left with the question of did Kline possibly influence Schilmiller or did Schilmiller’s site exist in 2017 and Kline was somehow associated with it or influenced by it.

Jumping off this post to say, the grey hoodie / dollar bill theme in anthony_shots is not unique to Kline (so I'm not convinced that is Kline in the grey hoodie). Variations of it float around the web. Here are some used by the media in relation to the Schilmiller case.

Agree. There could be a "club" of sorts where these guys discuss doing this. I wonder if they've asked Schilmiller about it.

On his Facebook, he switches jobs in Vegas like every month between Dec 2016 and Feb 2017. On his timeline, it has started new job at California Hotel (in Vegas) on Feb 12, 2017, not the 13th, as it says in his "about" section on his fb. If true, he was in Vegas at the time of the murders, unless he was in IN and offered the job over the phone. Whitepages did list a Vegas address, but no dates, and he appears to have a lot of check ins around Vegas during that timeframe. So was he just visiting his dad in IN the 25th? But then how were the IP addresses linked to IN? Was he using some kind of proxy server or VPN that linked back to his dad's? Was his whole Vegas persona a lie or cover up to give him an alibi for what he was truly doing in IN? I'm not understanding this whole thing.

Last edited:
Now, if your phone gets too full of photos and apps, you start getting messages that your iCloud is full, and you’ll have to buy more storage if you want your phone backed up properly.

I assume in that case that photos might be lost permanently?

MOO, based on my own observations

Not everyone uses cloud storage. I don’t. When I delete pictures, they’re gone.

Not everyone uses cloud storage. I don’t. When I delete pictures, they’re gone.
Especially in 2017, cloud storage was not as popular as it is now. I know that I personally did not start using it until 2018, and depending on what types of phones were involved there may not have even been cloud access back then.

Speculation:

This guy is local is what we heard from law enforcement.

Could it be they know this because KAK sent someone a message saying that the girls were at the bridge? And because the person who received the message was able to get to the site quickly establishes that he is local?

This is an interesting thought. I have to say, the one image that doesn’t click right in my thoughts is a visual of KAK walking on that bridge.

they seized all the devices relating to his 2020 charges in 2017, he voluntarily handed one over after deleting data and deleting some of the apps he used to solicit girls

Yes that’s when the devices were seized but by the affidavit, it would seem it took some time for the data including text, photos and videos to be extracted by Cellebrite. That duration of time required to figure out how to unlock the devices and then put together all the fragments found in the deleted data may be why he wasn’t charged until 2020, that’s when the work was completed, the evidence available? I don’t know, just speculating.

Last edited:
What I can’t quite wrap my head around is the addresses. Obviously this good-looking fake anthony_shots isn’t going to drive up in his porsche and pick up girls for a date. He admitted to LE that he got his rocks off by the videos and pics he collected from his victims, but we don’t know who he was sharing stuff with via dropbox.

The only reasons I can think for pedophiles to attempt to meet up with catfished victim is solely nefarious - such as intent to rape, or follow through with an abduction, confinement, prostitution, ie human trafficking. Under either scenario, if the girls fought back the motive of the perp to murder may well have been to simply silence them to avoid them becoming potential witnesses. Unfortunately for the victims, the secrecy that occurs in catfished situations ultimately works to their disadvantage.

Even IF anthony-shots is not related to future murder charges at all, I think the discussion of catfishing and dangers of falling into the trap of believing everything on the internet somebody says in general is very valuable.

JMO

Maybe K sold their addresses to other predators.

I could see someone attempting to abduct them and they fought back.

there’s no Greek or Italian flavor in either. These are not fancy places. You can search for homes for sale on any realty website and see what I’m talking about. My family has a lake home in Monticello. It is very nice and there are nice homes around there. However, overall it’s more of a rural area. Lots of country roads. Nothing fancy around here.

Both towns have beautiful names.

What is interesting- if he returned iPhone later, wiped off, i.e., lied or dissed LE, how come they took it so easily? I mean, the guy is a criminal and a liar.

I believe he had an Android, not an iphone.

Androids track your activity a lot more than an iphone. If you have google, they basically track every single thing you do on your phone and log it through the android.

This is an interesting thought. I have to say, the one image that doesn’t click right in my thoughts is a visual of KAK walking on that bridge.
Is it possible KAK was in Vegas when he communicated with the female juveniles, then shared the data to the Dropbox with an individual from IN? He, himself, would have then been able to access the data, via the same Dropbox, from his dad's computer when he was visiting him in IN, thus the IP leading LE there?

In any case, if KAK really was in Vegas at the time of the murders, he still knew he was going to be linked to the case if he had shared LG or AW's information with the killer. Maybe LE is trying to find anyone who communicated with shots to help connect them digitally with the individual in IN that KAK was sharing info with through Dropbox.

During his iphone sweep before turning it in to LE, KAK could have contacted BG and told him to do the same. Idk... just brainstorming. I'm feeling like maybe KAK is just now talking more, after a year and a half in prison, because his court time is coming up and maybe he's trying to bargain?

Last edited:
I believe he had an Android, not an iphone.

Androids track your activity a lot more than an iphone. If you have google, they basically track every single thing you do on your phone and log it through the android.

It’s confusing.

The affidavit lists a Samsung Galaxy SS, which was collected during the search (page 30) but refers to it as an iphone, possibly in error -
This iPhone was named “Kline Photography” and was factory reset on approximately February 23, 201 7. Kegan would’ve been 22 years 01d at this time.

Then the one he later turned over to police -
Apple iPhone 5c (page 33)
This phone was named Kegan’s phone and was the phone he turned in t0 the Indiana State Police. The phone was last utilized on approximately 02/27/2017. Kegan would’ve been 22 years 01d at this time. This device was secured with a PIN code.

https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

My question would be how does LE know he turned over all the cellphones OR is that why now they’re seeking anybody who communicated with anthony_shots, to determine if there were other devices involved?

could he have had a roommate for awhile? could be a ring and they all share a profile. How bizarre ..could someone hack the profile and use it? or maybe he let someone use his phone for awhile like he had a job and while he was at work he let a houseguest or roommate use the phone for job hunting, girl hunting etc....

mOO
In the Heavy.com article posted above yours under #2: The search warrant was executed at the home of Kegan Anthony Kline and his father.

It’s confusing.

The affidavit lists a Samsung Galaxy SS, which was collected during the search (page 30) but refers to it as an iphone, possibly in error -
This iPhone was named “Kline Photography” and was factory reset on approximately February 23, 201 7. Kegan would’ve been 22 years 01d at this time.

Then the one he later turned over to police -
Apple iPhone 5c (page 33)
This phone was named Kegan’s phone and was the phone he turned in t0 the Indiana State Police. The phone was last utilized on approximately 02/27/2017. Kegan would’ve been 22 years 01d at this time. This device was secured with a PIN code.

My question would be how does LE know he turned over all the cellphones OR is that why now they’re seeking anybody who communicated with anthony_shots, to determine if there were other devices involved?
ok thank you, I must have missed the iphone part after I saw he had an adroid!

Is it possible KAK was in Vegas when he communicated with the female juveniles, then shared the data to the Dropbox with an individual from IN?

Only IP addresses that were from the house in Peru were mentioned in the affidavit, so they might suggest that it was not accessed from Vegas, and somewhat rules out the idea of the account being shared.

Now it might be that other IP addresses were returned by Instagram & Snapchat, but wouldn't they at least be mentioned?
Otherwise couldn't a defense attorney attack it as discarding relevant information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member