Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going from memory, but I seem to recall that the Evansdale and Delphi cases were not related based on DNA, but, if there is DNA for the Delphi murders, why hasn't this suspect - who was detained 10 days after the murders - been ruled in or out based on DNA evidence? Is there an accomplice?

Could images, like of the girls, have been shared via dropbox to other people, or could LE trace who got them? Sorry, in not tech save. :)

Yes and yes, dropbox was often used in business settings so a group can collaborate on files together. It’s not so common now as many apps can be shared on various devices.

It looks like LE should be able to determine who was authorized to share files in Dropbox with anthony_shots, either through examination of data on the device or by subpoenaing Dropbox. Maybe Monday’s news release was intended to rattle some chains, I always think it’s fantastic if/when LE does things like that. Speculation only but anyone out there having shared Dropbox with anthony_shots ought to be concerned.

How to use Dropbox on your iPhone to store or share files, and access them on any device

You can also just make the contents of your Dropbox public, then share the links to the files. In that instance, the Dropbox owner wouldn’t have needed to “authorise” anybody and potentially would have no idea who or how many people had accessed the files (on top of the possibility that links were posted publicly in forums/groups, accessible to all who see the link, even if KAK only shared the links with one or more people he knew, he’d have no idea if those people went on to also share them with others he did not know.)

Dropbox would obviously have IP addresses, but you don’t need an account or anything to download or view a publicly accessible Dropbox file or folder, you just save or open the contents of the link.

Yes you can alter.
How to change timestamps on Facebook's Timeline

All of his posts with the clock are altered. You can see the actual date if you hover over the clock icon. The Feb 13, 2017 new job post was added May 13, 2020.
Ugh..who did he think he's fooling? LE knows this trick. Man... thank you!

@Tiff23fr Do you have to be on a PC to see the clock? I can't see one on my phone browser. Is the clock on his Feb. 12th timeline post, or in the "about" section?

Last edited:
Going from memory, but I seem to recall that the Evansdale and Delphi cases were not related based on DNA, but, if there is DNA for the Delphi murders, why hasn't this suspect - who was detained 10 days after the murders - been ruled in or out based on DNA evidence? Is there an accomplice?

No. LE have not said they’ve conclusively found DNA in neither the Evansdale nor Delphi cases, nor that they believe there is any connection between the two. Nor have they ever made statements to suggest suspects have been ruled or out based on DNA.

I just can’t believe KAK was an innocent victim of someone breaking into his house, taking advantage of his catfishing hobby to find murder victims. If the information was shared it was intentional and he sold it for monetary gain.

JMO

I hear what you're saying. However, I don't think these guys are the sharpest tools in the shed. Mix in the drugs and alcohol, and I can easily see a group of 'em hanging out in a living room, partying, laughing, gettin' stoned, and surfin' the web.

Somewhere I have heard that when cold cases are solved, the perp ends up being among the first ten people that were focused on at the very beginning.

Moo.

I don't know about a framework as specific as "first ten people focused on," but I have heard that the name of the person who proves responsible often comes up within the first week of the investigation, which is a kind of similar benchmark. Cold cases, if they are ever solved, often show that the person was talked to early on or their name was provided in a canvass/tip but sometimes wasn't followed up on for various reasons. It could be something as simple as their name was misspelled or it could be a more deliberate decision on the part of LE due to a prevailing theory of the crime.

Somewhere I have heard that when cold cases are solved, the perp ends up being among the first ten people that were focused on at the very beginning.

Moo.

Except for the myriad of times that it was someone that had never been considered.

MOO

I’m specifically thinking of the very cold cases that are solved with the help of genetic genealogy. The ones that I’ve noticed seem to have perps that weren’t anywhere on the radar screen.

Last edited:
Ugh..who did he think he's fooling? LE knows this trick. Man... thank you!

@Tiff23fr Do you have to be on a PC to see the clock? I can't see one on my phone browser. Is the clock on his Feb. 12th timeline post, or in the "about" section?

You may be able to see the clock on a phone, but I think you have to be on a PC to hover over and see the details.
When you scroll down his main page the first post I noticed as having an altered date was: "in a relationship" on May 23, 2019. This has an added date of Feb 15, 2020 @1:49 PM. (You get the time details by clicking on the three dots and edit history)

Keep scrolling

Post "Left Job at Vegas Bail Bonds" Aug 2018: If you click the 3 dots and edit history: was added Oct 16, 2017 @9:52PM, Oct 16, 2017 @9:52 PM added a location to this post, Nov 20, 2017 @9:44 am removed a location from this post and added a location to this post.

For the ones that show edit history, many of them had a prior location, it doesn't say what the prior location was that was removed. They were then updated to show location as Vegas.

Hope that helps..

No. LE have not said they’ve conclusively found DNA in neither the Evansdale nor Delphi cases, nor that they believe there is any connection between the two. Nor have they ever made statements to suggest suspects have been ruled or out based on DNA.

Thanks for the reminder. From 2017, nothing connecting the two double murders, nothing said about DNA.

"Indiana State Police say similarities between the double-slaying of two teenage girls three weeks ago and the unsolved 2012 murder of two Evansdale, Iowa, girls are "coincidental" at this point, but investigators are "not closed" to the idea of a connection.

Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation agents reached out to Indiana State Police early on in the investigation of the Feb. 13 abduction and slaying, confirmed Mitch Mortvedt, the division's assistant director. Iowa DCI is still looking into its own unsolved murder of two Evansdale girls abducted in 2012 and found dead months later."​

Evansdale, Indiana double-homicide links 'coincidental,' Indiana State Police say

You may be able to see the clock on a phone, but I think you have to be on a PC to hover over and see the details.
When you scroll down his main page the first post I noticed as having an altered date was: "in a relationship" on May 23, 2019. This has an added date of Feb 15, 2020 @1:49 PM. (You get the time details by clicking on the three dots and edit history)

Keep scrolling

Post "Left Job at Vegas Bail Bonds" Aug 2018: If you click the 3 dots and edit history: was added Oct 16, 2017 @9:52PM, Oct 16, 2017 @9:52 PM added a location to this post, Nov 20, 2017 @9:44 am removed a location from this post and added a location to this post.

For the ones that show edit history, many of them had a prior location, it doesn't say what the prior location was that was removed. They were then updated to show location as Vegas.

Hope that helps..
Thank you! I learn something new every day. :)

Maybe a group of incels who are also into CSAM?

Actually you would be surprised to learn that there are real abduction, kidnap, rape, and murder videos not just on the darkweb but on surface web websites. In the Jeffrey Willis case below is the detective talking about the jogger video and speaks about the exact website it was on. Please be warned the real snuff video he describes, which involves the kidnap, rape, and murder of a jogger all filmed and put online is creepy. He also states on that specific website there are hundreds of these types of videos. Here is detective giving info about it in the link below. Click the link that states audio only and the video starts right away. There is no volume for the first minute or so and then detective starts talking

BLOG: Day 6 of Jeffrey Willis trial | wzzm13.com

I can't find where it is covered here on WS, but another case nearby in 2016 was the Flora Fire. I know I have watched at least one interview or PC with ISP Superintendent Carter where he covers this case and the Flora Fire in same video. 4 girls killed in what was believed to be arson. The Flora Fire case is covered in one of the latest episodes of "True Crime Garage". The reason why it might be relevant here is the podcasters, in their preview, mention some frustration LE (particularly ISP) in their discussion of the case.

I can't find where it is covered here on WS, but another case nearby in 2016 was the Flora Fire. I know I have watched at least one interview or PC with ISP Superintendent Carter where he covers this case and the Flora Fire in same video. 4 girls killed in what was believed to be arson. The Flora Fire case is covered in one of the latest episodes of "True Crime Garage". The reason why it might be relevant here is the podcasters, in their preview, mention some frustration LE (particularly ISP) in their discussion of the case.
I remember reading about this case here and the possibility it was of interest in Abby & Libby's murder.

IN - Four sisters, ages 5-11, die in Flora house fire, Nov 2016

Took me forever to catch up but wanted to join some stuff i missed.

Someone commented that the younger sketch may be the model. I wonder if that sketch came from Libby’s friends who had seen pics of the cute guys she was talking to?

KK is too tall and too fat to be BG, even in 2017. His dad is even taller, so i don’t think they are BG.

The rest of my comment disappeared but I’m sure it was super insightful.

ICBW, but I thought the Flora Fire case had also been discussed on TCG a couple of years ago. Maybe it was in connection with another case. It's been on their radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper