Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #142

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo , Yes.

AMOO JMO MOO

MOO - it is turning into JBR’s story. After a while, it will be impossible to solve it, because all potential witnesses will die, or retire. But with time, as in JBR story, the general plot will become too obvious. It will also be the situation, where no one will benefit, in a way, none involved will be happy, although I don’t expect any comeuppance, either.

All I know is that GH is an allowed WS source. GH is saying, in that video I posted, that Anna Williams told him first hand the gun information/conversation. Anna Williams told GH that LE told her, first hand, that same information.

Edit: That's my understanding of it

We are left to speculate with that.

Yes, I understand that WS allows GH as a source. First hand information doesn't remain first hand information when it's passed along through other people... just so that's clear.

Some of the things they botched like confusing the public with sound bites and multiple sketches where it looks like two completely different people.

You have two sketches were the age range looks to be 18-50 and then bridge man who looks heavy set and older. So how does confusing the public help when looking for this man?

That’s your inexperienced opinion. I can’t come close to their reasoning because I’m not on the inside.

I don't know about Indiana's law, but most states require evidence of an abduction before an Amber Alert is issued. It can't generally be used for kids who are just lost, or ran away. Some states require a license plate number or vehicle description.

AMBER ALERT CRITERIA
The child must be under 18 years of age. The child must be believed to be abducted, AND in danger of serious bodily harm or death. There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help. Request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
upload_2022-2-2_16-18-49.png
IN.gov | The Official Website of the State of Indiana › amberalert › a...
Amber Alert Plan - IN.gov

So if a concerned parent calls 911 because her 13 year old child was dropped off in the woods with a friend but didn’t show up for her ride home. She also didn’t answer her phone. The parent called friends but no one knew where she was. It was getting dark soon and she believes her child could have been abducted from the woods or in danger of serious bodily injury or death. She knew what clothes she was wearing that day. And LE is going to tell her no to an Amber Alert? IMO

To me, it says there are a few people who weren't cleared.

Again I’ll repeat this. The police DO NOT clear people. I don’t know where that started. The closest thing to that is that the police are no longer devoting resources to investigate a particular person.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
That bag and someone walking down the road. Mentioned once very early on and then it isn't alluded to again. Just like that vehicle at the CPS building - mentioned in April PC and press release the next day and then never again. It has the appearance of a gamble by LE.
Indeed it does.

AMBER ALERT CRITERIA
The child must be under 18 years of age. The child must be believed to be abducted, AND in danger of serious bodily harm or death. There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help. Request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
View attachment 332342

So if a concerned parent calls 911 because her 13 year old child was dropped off in the woods with a friend but didn’t show up for her ride home. She also didn’t answer her phone. The parent called friends but no one knew where she was. It was getting dark soon and she believes her child could have been abducted from the woods or in danger of serious bodily injury or death. She knew what clothes she was wearing that day. And LE is going to tell her no to an Amber Alert? IMO
AMBER ALERT CRITERIA
View attachment 332342

Correct. In no way does that scenario meet the criteria for an Amber Alert. That scenario probably plays out twenty times a day in this country. If Amber Alerts were issued everytime some kid was late for dinner no one would pay attention by the second week.

MOO - it is turning into JBR’s story. After a while, it will be impossible to solve it, because all potential witnesses will die, or retire. But with time, as in JBR story, the general plot will become too obvious. It will also be the situation, where no one will benefit, in a way, none involved will be happy, although I don’t expect any comeuppance, either.
Sadly, I agree, and lately I feel like we’re just spinning our wheels. It’s so unfortunate and although I’m trying to remain hopeful for an arrest and conviction, I’m slowly losing hope.

Perhaps the house raid and early investigation pointed towards a pedo ring and the change in direction that law enforcement pointed to in the last television announcement on the case has brought them back to this direction and uncovered the Kak connection. Now just get JBC tied into it and that could be the one piece pulling it all in!!!

Again I’ll repeat this. The police DO NOT clear people. I don’t know where that started. The closest thing to that is that the police are no longer devoting resources to investigate a particular person.

<modsnip>

Yeah I know. That was the word used by the reporter questioning Mr. Carter of the ISP, and Carter didn't correct him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the house raid and early investigation pointed towards a pedo ring and the change in direction that law enforcement pointed to in the last television announcement on the case has brought them back to this direction and uncovered the Kak connection. Now just get JBC tied into it and that could be the one piece pulling it all in!!!
Honestly, this is my only hope.

I'm thinking its possible LE tested his DNA that January against the whatever partial sequence they had and it was sooo different in essence that they said, not our guy.
No . . . they're not even sure that whatever DNA they have is from the perp, so they would not rule someone out based on the lack of a DNA match.

It's possible that the OBG sketch depicts CE, but based on the video, CE can probably be ruled out as BG.

Yes, I understand that WS allows GH as a source. First hand information doesn't remain first hand information when it's passed along through other people... just so that's clear.
Wouldn't the written word, first-hand, stay that way? That's what, IIRC, AW gave to GH.

No . . . they're not even sure that whatever DNA they have is from the perp, so they would not rule someone out based on the lack of a DNA match.

It's possible that the OBG sketch depicts CE, but based on the video, CE can probably be ruled out as BG.
I've never remember reading that LE stated that they weren't sure they had the killer's DNA. They must of had something they thought was testable against suspects or why even send DNA evidence to Quantico or make use of the 23 and Me type databases and family mapping?

AMBER ALERT CRITERIA
View attachment 332342

The question of an Amber alert came up the night the girls were missing. Not even family members thought they had been abducted, they thought one or both of the girls might have tripped and sprained an ankle or something.

Foul play was not suspected, which is why it was so shocking to everyone when the bodies were found.

There was an Amber Alert for a girl who was missing from Gary, Indiana, the same day that Abby & Libby were missing, When people asked later why there wasn’t a similar Amber Alert for Abby & Libby, LE stated that there was no reason to believe they had been abducted and no vehicle description or other information that would justify an Amber Alert. In the case of the girl from Gary there was a vehicle description, license plate number, and a known crime scene.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the written word, first-hand, stay that way? That's what, IIRC, AW gave to GH.

Yes, if there was an official document or audio that LE produced and gave to AW who gave it GH who then presented that document/audio, it would be first-hand. LE telling AW something who then tells GH something then tells us something is not first-hand.

I've never remember reading that LE stated that they weren't sure they had the killer's DNA. They must of had something they thought was testable against suspects or why even send DNA evidence to Quantico or make use of the 23 and Me type databases and family mapping?

It's mentioned in the HLN Down the Hill documentary. I want to say it's mentioned somewhere else but I don't remember the source.

The question of an Amber alert came up the night the girls were missing. Not even family members thought they had been abducted, they thought one or both of the girls might have tripped and sprained an ankle or something.

Foul play was not suspected, which is why it was so shocking to everyone when the bodies were found.

There was an Amber Alert for a girl who was missing from Gary, Indiana, the same day that Abby & Libby were missing, When people asked later why there wasn’t a similar Amber Alert for Abby & Libby, LE stated that there was no reason to believe they had been abducted and no vehicle description or other information that would justify an Amber Alert. In the case of the girl from Gary there was a vehicle description, license plate number, and a known crime scene.

When I read the Amber Alert requirements for the state of Indiana, no where did I see any mention of a vehicle or license plate being required in order to activate an alert.
I guess it shouldn’t surprise me though, that no one would think they could have been abducted, assaulted, in danger or even murdered.
Especially in a town riddled with Meth dealers and sexual deviants in the middle of a desolate woods with an abandoned and dilapidated 60 foot bridge that was off limits to pedestrians. No no, nothing could possibly happen to them there. IMO

Note:
The Sheriff requested an Amber Alert. It was denied. Discretion of the criteria is allowed.

When I read the Amber Alert requirements for the state of Indiana, no where did I see any mention of a vehicle or license plate being required in order to activate an alert.
I guess it shouldn’t surprise me though, that no one would think they could have been abducted, assaulted, in danger or even murdered.
Especially in a town riddled with Meth dealers and sexual deviants in the middle of a desolate woods with an abandoned and dilapidated 60 foot bridge that was off limits to pedestrians. No no, nothing could possibly happen to them there. IMO
The trail was a popular meeting place for teens, for dog walking, family hiking. Especially in broad daylight it was considered safe. Delphi was a small town and nothing like the murders of two young girls had ever happened before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member