Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #145

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to add to your post, in the 2020 interview, the LE officer said that during the 2/25/17 interview, KAK told them he had talked to L in early Feb., but had to block her shortly after because she was "annoying."

I don't believe him, JMO...would love to know the other questions he failed on his polygraph.

Pretrial conference to be skipped in Kegan Kline child *advertiser censored* case | wthr.com

Kline's next court appearance will instead be Sept. 1, just days before his Sept. 26 trial.
Author: WTHR.com staff
Published: 3:22 PM EDT April 6, 2022
Updated: 7:12 PM EDT April 6, 2022
MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. — A judge lifted a pretrial conference for Kegan A. Kline in his child exploitation case. That conference had been set for April 14.

Kline's next court appearance will instead be Sept. 1, just days before his Sept. 26 trial

Yes it appears this pretrial conference was originally set before his trial date was moved forward.

“A Miami County judge has granted a motion to delay Kegan Anthony Kline's pre-trial conference because pretrial negotiations between Kline's attorney and prosecutors broke down.

Kline's attorney said there would not be a plea agreement.

The pretrial conference that had been set for Kline's child exploitation case was moved from Dec. 16, 2021 to Feb. 24, 2022. The motion also set the final pre-trial conference date for April 21, 2022 and the start of the jury trial for May 9, 2022. ….”
Jury trial date set in Kegan Kline's child exploitation case | wthr.com

I think if anything summed up this case in a microcosm it would be this. You see KAK as so similar to BG that you find it hard to believe it isn't him. I see BG as absolutely nothing like KAK that makes it hard for me to believe it is him.

The complexity of this case is something else even with the evidence that is available.

Forget how he looks. All the other factors- aren’t they compelling?

I don’t think he is that similar to the image of BG we have seen. (I thought BG looked like an older man to me). But the images are fuzzy and unclear. So how can anyone be that sure either way?

Regardless, what do you make of all the other factors that point to this guy? Because I think those factors- not his looks- are what really point his way.

I agree with this statement below. The grainy image on the bridge has already perfectly matched several completely different suspects as discussed by SM and here on WS so that’s not going to convict anyone beyond reasonable doubt regardless what we think. IIRC on a fairly recent podcast an ex-FBI talking head said the four word recording wasn’t enough to use for voice analysis. LE needs more.

KAK first came to the attention of LE only days after the murders and again Aug 2020 when he was interviewed, it’s only an exciting recent development as far as we’re concerned. Also we had been told the last missing piece of the puzzle was the identity of the killer, leading us to assume LE had evidence that would point toward to a suspect once he was identified. Either that wasn’t true or no evidence pointed toward KAK (or his father) as almost two full years have passed since this transcript was recorded. IMO it’s this length of time that gives rise to doubt as it’s not as if KAK (or his father) just came to the attention of LE. But I sure wouldn’t mind changing my opinion if charges were laid tomorrow :) JMO

While Kline and his father Tony Kline have been at the center of the Delphi investigation. Kouns said the information found in these transcripts proves nothing.

“All this stuff is great, but you still need that key piece that you take it to court,” he said……”

Delphi murders: Peeping incident possibly tied to suspicious account | NewsNation

I don’t think it’s either/or. We know evidence pointed to him. The questions isn’t whether there’s evidence. It’s whether there is enough. Clearly, that answer is no.

I’m remembering/just thought of the HLN broadcast where they mentioned the RSO on the trails..Maureen and a man, maybe named James, were talking about it, I remember the RSO’s mugshot, can’t remember his name. Was he the one with the scarf? Maybe on a bicycle?

Eta and unrelated to above:

I think this might be the guy who had a catfish FB profile, jmo. Iirc it was a teen girl pic. Blue avatar, iirc, Jmo moo.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6941431/amp/Indiana-man-looks-like-sketch-teen-girls-murderer-Indiana-given-new-child-sex-charges.html

* just thinking out loud about the birds of a feather

Last edited:
Forget how he looks. All the other factors- aren’t they compelling?

I don’t think he is that similar to the image of BG we have seen. (I thought BG looked like an older man to me). But the images are fuzzy and unclear. So how can anyone be that sure either way?

Regardless, what do you make of all the other factors that point to this guy? Because I think those factors- not his looks- are what really point his way.

I believe he is a predator, of that I have no doubt. But he is also a coward who basically lived a fantasy life online. I just don’t see him having the proverbial guts to pull something like this off.

By all means BG was calm. He was calm in the audio. He seemingly left the scene with little fuss. He had the wherewithal to control both girls, at least initially from what we know.

KAK lost it several times in his interview with the police over little things, swearing and cursing and getting worked up on a dime. To me that’s not BG. But that’s just my opinion and experience of working in the criminal justice system.

Yet KAK as A_S communicated with Libby the morning she was murdered.
Yes. In the interview, KAK's response to the AS communications with L near the time of her death varied between, "I don't remember," "that wasn't me," or "it was probably me, but I don't remember it." But the interviewer again points out that 12 days after the murders, KAK had admitted to being the user of AS and communicating with L at the sleepover. His admission ends, however, after he said he "blocked her because she was annoying."

LE knows AS communicated with her after that, for an extended period of time, and even continued on to after her death, as well a communicating with her friends about her death. So this is where LE comes in asking who else had access to his devices, because if KAK truly stopped communicating with L as AS in early February, that means somebody else was using the AS account. Perhaps the same somebody who used different language and syntax throughout the CSAM communications.

It's all a matter of knowing what is truth, both in KAK's and LE's statements here, which at this point, I can't honestly say I know. But I do believe that 12 days after the murder, he likely admitted to communicating with L as AS, bottomline. So one way or another, he started the ball rolling. Jmo

Last edited:
According to this article:

A break in the Delphi murders? Transcripts reveal new details

In the 194-page transcript of the police’s conversation with Kline, the man was questioned about using his anthony_shots account to communicate with Libby German the night before her death.

Kline told investigators he didn’t exchange photos with Libby, but did admit to receiving photos from a friend of hers who was at the same sleepover.

According to the transcripts, investigators said they knew Libby was speaking to Anthony Shots at the sleepover the night before she went to the Delphi trail with Abby. Police said they believe Libby was being groomed by the account. “Unfortunately she was completely enthralled with Anthony Shots,” investigators said in the transcripts.

The transcripts also reveal that police told Kline he failed a polygraph test when asked if he knew who killed Abby and Libby. Also, that he deleted search history on his phone between the dates of Feb. 10 and Feb. 15, 2017. The transcripts also revealed he used another persona, “Emily Anne,” to message underage girls and asked them questions like “My dad asked your age limit.”
In the 194-page transcript of the police’s conversation with Kline, the man was questioned about using his anthony_shots account to communicate with Libby German the night before her death.

Kline told investigators he didn’t exchange photos with Libby, but did admit to receiving photos from a friend of hers who was at the same sleepover.
first of all ...using an article is completely misleading..as the article changes the interrogation content into facts.. which is misleading
also..where exactly this denies what i have just stated
there is no proof they were meeting him or54 the persona that day...and no i dont believe this bg who pulled this big crime off to be going disguised as a persona and simply tell it all to a friend of libby.. this doesn't make any sense in my book..
again this whole panorama is just a tiny bit of the whole picture ..<modsnip> but its just a red herring ..<modsnip>JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all ...using an article is completely misleading..as the article changes the interrogation content into facts.. which is misleading
also..where exactly this denies what i have just stated
there is no proof they were meeting him or54 the persona that day...and no i dont believe this bg who pulled this big crime off to be going disguised as a persona and simply tell it all to a friend of libby.. this doesn't make any sense in my book..
again this whole panorama is just a tiny bit of the whole picture ..<modsnip> but its just a red herring ..<modsnip>JMO
In a case where we have so few facts, one fact we do have is that in Dec. 2021, LE requested a_shots tips be called into the A&L tipline. Sure seems like an awful waste of man hours for a red herring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of us have gone through and discussed the Peru search affidavit, the transcripts, the HLN interview, etc. It's really only a guess as to which piece or pieces of information is pertinent and factual, since we don't have the true evidence in front of us. IMO, these documents, whether leaked or erroneously released, do not contain everything LE has in regards to KAK, a_shots, or anything else. For instance, nowhere in that interview is it said if a meeting at the bridge was actually set up. If LE possesses a messaging exchange for that exact event, they might be holding it back for trial. I'm not saying that this exchange exists, only it's an example of evidence LE might have that isn't in any of these now public documents. Their release might not be as damning as we assume them to be.

But before the public saw anything regarding KAK, a_shots, etc., LE was searching the Peru house, interviewing and giving polygraphs in regards to Delphi, sticking with it for 3 years and interviewing KAK again in 2020, then asking for tips in Dec. 2021. A_shots' involvement appears to be a h*ll of a lot more than a red herring, imo, for LE to pursue that line for nearly 5 years. Even if KAK is not BG, there's something there that LE has not let go of. JMO.

I believe he is a predator, of that I have no doubt. But he is also a coward who basically lived a fantasy life online. I just don’t see him having the proverbial guts to pull something like this off.

By all means BG was calm. He was calm in the audio. He seemingly left the scene with little fuss. He had the wherewithal to control both girls, at least initially from what we know.

KAK lost it several times in his interview with the police over little things, swearing and cursing and getting worked up on a dime. To me that’s not BG. But that’s just my opinion and experience of working in the criminal justice system.

Thank you for that. You make great points. But what about all the actual factors involving him? I don’t think him being a sexual predator explains it all:

1. He is connected to a catfish account that was in contact with Libby prior to and the day of the murders.
2. Someone connected to the account was possibly supposed to meet Libby on the bridge the day of the murders.
2. He deleted information from his phone after a police interview.
3. He moved after failing a polygraph.
4. He tried to contact Libby after she was dead, knowing she was dead.
5. He had no alibi.
6. His dad pretending he was gone on the day of the murders.

What explains all that if he is not involved- at least via a connection to his dad?

Thank you for that. You make great points. But what about all the actual factors involving him? I don’t think him being a sexual predator explains it all:

1. He is connected to a catfish account that was in contact with Libby prior to and the day of the murders.
2. Someone connected to the account was possibly supposed to meet Libby on the bridge the day of the murders.
5. He had no alibi.

What explains all that if he is not involved- at least via a connection to his dad?

For sure. There are many points we could go over continuously and I have said before when they figure out who else was using that account and/or devices it will be very important to this case but for me, personally, KAK doesn’t fit as BG.

Whoever else was using that account could easily be a whole diff ball game though. Until we know who that is then we are basically back to square one and left to guesswork. It’s very frustrating.

I don't think that's a disqualifier. Maybe he could play the calm "i'm in power" act easily with young people, but he knows it's obviously not going to work with LE interrogators. Or maybe the bewildered "wasn't me" in the interrogation is an act. You just never know with people.

I don't think that's a disqualifier. Maybe he could play the calm "i'm in power" act easily with young people, but he knows it's obviously not going to work with LE interrogators. Or maybe the bewildered "wasn't me" in the interrogation is an act. You just never know with people.

Nope, you certainly do not know with people. But tbf I said it was only my opinion so I don't expect everyone to see it in the same way as me which is all okay :).

5. He had no alibi.

“-at least via a connection to his dad.”

It certainly seemed in the interview that the detective was more interested in TK than KAK for Delphi and he seems like a better fit to me. It also sounds like KAK’s phone was not at the bridge during the crime (the phone was at his dealers, near his grandparents’ house). Doesn’t mean he wasn’t but…

I do think KAK knows a lot more than he’s telling LE and likely protecting someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine