Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A press release was issued the following day:
ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

I think we just have to let it go as sketch #1 is no longer a POI.

Indiana State Police also issued the following clarification about the two sketches:
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation

Are these the exact words they used?
If so shouldn't they have said the first sketch was simply not accurate? Maybe it's because I'm Dutch, but this feels weird. Now it's like there are two different people, but the second drawing is of the killer, but the person in the first drawing does actually exist as well.

It is mid- February so possibly by the time he is getting near the road, it is no longer 100% daylight. If his pant legs and shoes were wet/muddy that might have caused some one who saw him to think twice, but he is in a park with a creek, so people sometimes get wet and muddy near a creek- it just happens even if you are not murdering people. (That said, the last time I saw a noticeably wet muddy guy hurrying through a suburban area, he was fleeing a drunken car accident and trying to avoid LE.) Wonder if any of the witnesses saw any mud or disarray.

I looked it up. Sunset would have been around 6:20 that day. 3-4 PM is still broad daylight.

Hi everyone,
I’m very new to this site (but have followed this case carefully in the media since beginning-have kiddos close to this age).

I’m sorry to ask a question that might already have been discussed to death but:
I’ve seen the argument that BG can be seen hiding deep in the background in the trees in the image of Abby on the bridge. I can’t figure out how to find or search this, but saw someone had blown it up and it seemed possible. Do any of you believe this, or has this been dismissed? Thank you!
You’d have to spend hours poring over prior threads to find it but as I recall that was debunked as not possible due to the topography under the bridge (the distance between bridge and ground was substantial); there had also been speculation of a car parked under the bridge as I recall, but not likely.

I haven't been able to read posts for the past few days. But I wanted to share something that I did this week.

In my journalism class, I briefed students on the case and we watched the press conference. The students caught some things that I found interesting.

Regarding the car with no description: Some students believe there was not a car and that police are actually setting a trap in the hope that the killer will attempt to mislead police by giving a description of a vehicle. I'm not saying that I agree with them. I just think it was interesting to think about the idea that something could be a trap.

Students strongly suspect a young person; not an older person with a young face. They think the person is about 20 years old. They think that the person might have a sibling who is the same age as one of the girls.

Students are convinced that the killer has a leg injury that is made more obvious when he has to take deliberate, careful steps across the bridge.

Of course, there is a bit of an unlikelihood in thinking that a young person would have a limp. Usually, that is more of a mannerism of a person much older.

I don't think he was in disguise either. If a prosthetic nose and dimestore wig are visible 70 feet away in a blurry, pixelated image that shows little to no detail then it wasn't a very good disguise. Considering his nondescript clothing, it seems like he'd want to blend in some-not stand out.

Video? You don’t wear a disguise because you think you’ll be recorded! You wear one when you don’t want any witnesses to ID you. The oversized, stuffed jacket, huge pants does look like he was wearing a disguise. I also do believe he was wearing a wig.

Are these the exact words they used?
If so shouldn't they have said the first sketch was simply not accurate? Maybe it's because I'm Dutch, but this feels weird. Now it's like there are two different people, but the second drawing is of the killer, but the person in the first drawing does actually exist as well.
I don't think they said no longer a POI, I think they said at this time is not a suspect. This sketch was not cleared or completely disregarded for what ever reason.

As far as we have any reason to believe, law enforcement disagrees. To the point where they're telling everybody to disregard the first sketch.

Edited to add: that is of course my read on the situation. If I'm wrong, someone please let me know!

I completely agree with you. We need to stop rehashing non POIs.

Agreed. And besides all that, if it were my loved ones, I wouldn't want any more details out there than necessary to catch the killer.

IMO, it's disrespectful to insist on having access to horrible things simply to satisfy our own curiosity.

Honestly, if LE released all the recordings, we may very well wish they hadn't. Then we'd be degrading them for that decision.

I don’t know about the Indiana court system but during a trial is it possible a publication ban might be placed on the audio considering both girls were minors? I’d sure hope so. Frankly I find it disturbing, the yearn by some to hear the voices of two teenagers immediately prior to their deaths. As victims they deserve dignity.

I don’t know about the Indiana court system but during a trial is it possible a publication ban might be placed on the audio considering both girls were minors? I’d sure hope so. Frankly I find it disturbing, the yearn by some to hear the voices of two teenagers immediately prior to their deaths. As victims they deserve dignity.
If I could "like" this twice, I would.

People have seen everything in these photos, including little dogs dangling off the side of the bridge (or stuffed in BG's coat). Several people swear that there are 11 people hiding in the trees in the picture of Abby on the bridge. I know what you're talking about, though. He's meant to be on our right. Someone actually studied that and did measurements on the tree in the image and found that he'd have to have been something like 11 ft tall for that to be him.

Which leads credence to the Bigfoot theory that was brought up earlier. Joke. Humor break.

This is a rumor and has never been verified. Both girls were killed on the 13th, which means it's impossible that Abby was still alive when they were discovered on the 14th.

I think it started as Abby’s obituary used 2/14 the date found as date of death, I think, and maybe Libby’s family used 2/13? There was a discrepency I know about the dates. But not about the deaths. Jmo

I don't think the sexual/pedophile angle should be thrown out even if the girls were not sexually assaulted during the attack. He could have underestimated the girls and then got spooked by something so that he did not have the time to carry out his original intent which could have been sexually driven. He could have killed them out of fear or panic of being caught. I'm just throwing this out there as a possibility.

Plus, we have zero idea if he managed to get any ouchies in all this. Libbys grandfather did say she put up a fight. Whether that was wishful thinking or not, I have no clue. But she was athletic and definitely had upper body strength from swimming. I think she was a pretty powerful 14 year old. I'm pretty sure Abby could have been ferocious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist