Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe modern forensic science deserves that laurel.

LE had DNA from murders, checked family tree etc, thought possibly DeAngelo: then followed him, obtained a DNA sample from something discarded AND......

SEE BELOW: from thread on East End Rapist:
Sacramento Sheriff Scott Jones said detectives with 'dogged determination' were able to get a sample of DNA from something DeAngelo had discarded, though he wouldn't say what the item was. The genetic material was not a match, but there were enough similarities for investigators to return for more and they said they were able to get a conclusive match.

After watching DeAngelo for several days, deputies took him by surprise Tuesday when he left his home.

Last edited:
That’s an intriguing question. There have been a few cryptic statements made by members who have come and gone. (None lately that I’ve noticed.) They were mostly ignored as trolls or attention seekers. I can’t help but recall one member who made some rather intelligent comments about art and the human psyche. His avatar was about mythological demons and young girls. I tried to “follow” him, but he either quit the group or was dismissed. Few others pursued it, so I let it go.

Smart move.

OK. I know this is a long shot, but the comment about BG possibly being in the room made me ask myself this question for the first time: "What if BG is a cop?"

Hiding in plain site...
From the area...
Could be in the room...
Didn't think the investigation would switch in this direction...

Made me think of Golden State Killer and the lust for control.

I have a feeling BG's days are numbered in weeks, not months at this point. I'm gonna offer up a profile that's MOO based off the information out there and what LE has provided recently.

BG is on the younger end of age scale given by LE, the brazen style of attack and disregard for getting caught point towards a very violent unorganized killer, not a practiced murderer who might stalk someone more cautiously.

BG is not terribly bright, is probably a local with little to no college experience, possibly did not graduate high school. I expect that he has either spent his time after high school working as a menial laborer or a farmhand nearby.

BG has an intimate knowledge of the area of the crime, including the bridge trail and the surrounding properties, he has probably spent time with the property owners either as a guest or as hired help.

BG has a criminal record of drug use, violent crime, and petty theft.

BG cannot maintain a stable relationship with a woman due to his psychopathic tendencies, drug addictions, or abusive behavior.

BG has continued to commit crimes following the murders of Abby and Libby, possibly with partners who he has told about the murders.

BG is an avid outdoorsman who feels comfortable outside, has experience hiking/fishing/hunting/riding, and is knowledgeable about firearms.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of the above are true, if so its only a matter of time until he's caught, IMO he's only gotten lucky so far but whatever mistakes he made which LE spoke about at the recent PC are about to catch up to him.

We don’t know if he is methodical.

We don’t know if he’s kept trophies.

We don’t know details.

I appreciate all that everyone has speculated about, but we just don’t know. It makes me both crazy and sad that a little girl was brave enough to videotape and record the one who murdered her and her very best friend, but justice has not been served.

I have never, ever seen a case like this where the victim is able to gather evidence before they are killed, and it doesn’t help? How is this possible in a town of 3000?????

Depressing. Praying for an arrest. That’s all.

Yes, and it took LE quite a while to sort through the familial DNA connections they made. This could very well be what's going on in this case. BTW the Golden State Killer subdued 28 couples! He either raped or murdered in these 28 cases. He had a very short career in LE, but long enough to learn the tactics required overcome 2 people at once.
IMO, BG sounds very comfortable talking to teens..."guys". He has probably inserted himself into a job or sport where he is in contact with his age preference.

LE followed 'Golden State Killer' due to familial DNA connections, and were able to obtain a DNA sample from his discarded item.
Also here BG may now be followed by LE, to check out acquaintances etc, as possibly have had sufficient time to check any DNA IF that was available.
MOO.

OK. I know this is a long shot, but the comment about BG possibly being in the room made me ask myself this question for the first time: "What if BG is a cop?"

Hiding in plain site...
From the area...
Could be in the room...
Didn't think the investigation would switch in this direction...

Made me think of Golden State Killer and the lust for control.
Personally, I doubt it.

Golden State was a cop, but he wasn’t one for long. I’m surprised he was even hired in the first place, but it was a different time back then.

Most of these guys are incapable of holding down a job like that.

I think “hiding in plain sight,” simply meant that he was from the area, probably from that community.

By saying that he may even be in the room, they were trying to communicate that people in Delphi need to really look closely at those around them.

I have a question. Feel free to answer or not and I’m not expecting you to offer any details or explanation. But given your association to Delphi, is there other contact with LE beyond what is reported by the media? I guess what I’m curious about to say it another way, do you wait for a reporter to publish a story and therefore your only source of information is the same as those of us who live nowhere nearby?

People communicate with one another, and with the local Delphi community, including friends and family of the girls. There are groups online (similar to this one) for discussion and information about the case, and there are other smaller groups designed for action. My involvement is mainly the action group, getting the word out about Abby and Libby for the past two years through social media campaigns, t-shirts, hanging fliers in groceries, gas stations, convenience stores, rest stops etc. We have called and written to media shows to have the girls story told.

That effort has engaged folks from across the country, and internationally. Direction comes from those close to the girls, simply because it is their message we are delivering. The action group does not discuss the case. Again, people communicate with one another about how to help. Not insider information about the case. I am as clueless as anyone there. Hope that helps to answer..

This likely is way out there but any thoughts on BK having a medical/physical condition affecting gait. Thinking bag and bulk around waist could be colostomy. If face fuller could be effects of steroid medication. Some pts get rhoid rage. Just throwing this out as example. He seems to have diminished flexibility with one knee. Also hands in pocket could hide clubbing of fingers occurring in some medical conditions. Just suggestions.

Last edited:
We don’t know if he is methodical.

We don’t know if he’s kept trophies.

We don’t know details.

I appreciate all that everyone has speculated about, but we just don’t know. It makes me both crazy and sad that a little girl was brave enough to videotape and record the one who murdered her and her very best friend, but justice has not been served.

I have never, ever seen a case like this where the victim is able to gather evidence before they are killed, and it doesn’t help? How is this possible in a town of 3000?????

Depressing. Praying for an arrest. That’s all.

Replying to your last part, honestly we don’t know that it hasn’t helped or that it won’t prove to be critical in ultimately achieving justice for those innocent girls.

We won’t know that until there is an arrest and conviction, but I feel it will prove to be significant to the case when it’s finished.

Jmo

People communicate with one another, and with the local Delphi community, including friends and family of the girls. There are groups online (similar to this one) for discussion and information about the case, and there are other smaller groups designed for action. My involvement is mainly the action group, getting the word out about Abby and Libby for the past two years through social media campaigns, t-shirts, hanging fliers in groceries, gas stations, convenience stores, rest stops etc. We have called and written to media shows to have the girls story told.

That effort has engaged folks from across the country, and internationally. Direction comes from those close to the girls, simply because it is their message we are delivering. The action group does not discuss the case. Again, people communicate with one another about how to help. Not insider information about the case. I am as clueless as anyone there. Hope that helps to answer..

Thank you so much for all the help you and all members of the action group give I am sure it is greatly appreciated by Abigail and Liberty’s families.

1. Wow... This has gone on way too long. People are starting to go over the same material that we did like years ago. For instance, the date listed on the death certificates. This might be a calling to all of is it's time to check out! We know the answers to this test.

<modsnipped information about a non poi>

3. The presser was fascinating. I don't think they know who of is, they would have gotten DNA and confirmed by now. I'd think. Maybe they don't have enough? I just want imagine sitting on someone. But, the religious turns the presser took were crazy. <modsnipped unfounded speculation> And based in the fact that BG is a true predator, I'd suspect he may not care.

Unless we can good that this was the first time and they'll shake him out of the tree.

I don't know who posted it but I loved the thought process of not releasing the type of car they're looking for with the hope someone reports something entirely not true.

Interesting time guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
People communicate with one another, and with the local Delphi community, including friends and family of the girls. There are groups online (similar to this one) for discussion and information about the case, and there are other smaller groups designed for action. My involvement is mainly the action group, getting the word out about Abby and Libby for the past two years through social media campaigns, t-shirts, hanging fliers in groceries, gas stations, convenience stores, rest stops etc. That effort has engaged folks from across the country, and internationally. Direction comes from those close to the girls, simply because it is their message we are delivering. The action group does not discuss the case. Again, people communicate with one another about how to help. Not insider information about the case. I am as clueless as anyone there. Hope that helps to answer..

Yes thank you very much! It’s really reassuring to hear how so many of you support not only the families but each other too however I hadn’t realized your efforts were so well organized as well. That sort of collective dedication is a wonderfully refreshing aspect, more common of smaller town living...one has to live it to understand it. May your efforts soon yield results!

I was listening to the ISP video they released this week with the new audio of BG's voice. When he says "guys" [or at least what sounds like guys] it seems to be pronounced "guise" or "gise" almost like there is a slight lisp. If the shape of his face is right in the second sketch they just released, I think he will have teeth that could benefit from orthodontia. Maybe an "overjet" where the front teeth stick out over the bottom teeth creating the "sss" sound at the end of "guys." What do others think?

1. Wow... This has gone on way too long. People are starting to go over the same material that we did like years ago. For instance, the date listed on the death certificates. This might be a calling to all of is it's time to check out! We know the answers to this test.

<modsnipped>

3. The presser was fascinating. I don't think they know who of is, they would have gotten DNA and confirmed by now. I'd think. Maybe they don't have enough? I just want imagine sitting on someone. But, the religious turns the presser took were crazy. <modsnipped> And based in the fact that BG is a true predator, I'd suspect he may not care.

Unless we can good that this was the first time and they'll shake him out of the tree.

I don't know who posted it but I loved the thought process of not releasing the type of car they're looking for with the hope someone reports something entirely not true.

Interesting time guys!

Yes GMF3. Guaranteed to get more interesting very soon. No doubt in my mind. Will you be here to see it?

Last edited:
I don’t think he knew them, found out they were going to the park, and targeted them. I suspect that he went to the park looking for prey. I think that at some point he saw them, and singled them out. I don’t have an opinion on whether they were exactly what he was looking for. I hate saying any of this.
My thoughts exactly. Perfect place to hunt. It’s isolated and quiet.

This likely is way out there but any thoughts on BK having a medical/physical condition affecting gait. Thinking bag and bulk around waist could be colostomy. If face fuller could be effects of steroid medication. Some pts get rhoid rage. Just throwing this out as example. He seems to have diminished flexibility with one knee. Also hands in pocket could hide clubbing of fingers occurring in some medical conditions. Just suggestions.

(I already commented on neuropathic gait). About colostomy, I thought, a urinary catheter, but I see no reason why he should have it. At this moment I think it is some sort of an orthotic, there are so many produced. (But you are right, it does look like colostomy only I never saw an ostomy bag hanging at the knee level).

Steroids are a brilliant idea. Not ‘rhoid rage (as it would be testosterone), though. But - corticosteroids cause mania. @apples12 said, depression with psychosis, it is not so far away from mania. Anyhow, the guy was probably pretty off.

Clubbing...you know, the sketch of YBG shows unusually long chin. It sometimes can indicate acromegaly - when growth hormone is released in inappropriately high levels after the body stopped growing. Then the chin, the ears, the fingers, the toes are too long. He can be hiding big hands in his pockets.

LE followed 'Golden State Killer' due to familial DNA connections, and were able to obtain a DNA sample from his discarded item.
Also here BG may now be followed by LE, to check out acquaintances etc, as possibly have had sufficient time to check any DNA IF that was available.
MOO.
Usually
I was listening to the ISP video they released this week with the new audio of BG's voice. When he says "guys" [or at least what sounds like guys] it seems to be pronounced "guise" or "gise" almost like there is a slight lisp. If the shape of his face is right in the second sketch they just released, I think he will have teeth that could benefit from orthodontia. Maybe an "overjet" where the front teeth stick out over the bottom teeth creating the "sss" sound at the end of "guys." What do others think?
Lol.....it's a Midwest pronunciation. Like how wiseguys say it in a gangster movie. I'm from Chicago, sounds normal to my ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosini