Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think the FBI are less involved? They've been investigating for two years according to Carter.

They aren't less involved

That is blatantly false, there has been a massive FBI presence in this case as well as multiple other agencies!

This Case has had an intense focus, one of the biggest I have ever followed

MOO

I have thought about the "just getting started" statement quite a bit. And, to be honest, I have mixed feelings about its meaning.

Are they truly going back to square one and "just getting started" all over again?
-OR-
Has a recent tip come in regarding an individual (that no one would ever expect to commit such a heinous act), who had been previously cleared for some reason? Perhaps LE is "just getting started" in preparing a jail cell for him? (Fingers crossed).
I loved the “just getting started” line.

I think it’s a message designed to rattle the killer.

They did a few things to this effect.

Basically, “you think you’ve gotten away with this, but the investigation is only just beginning. We have a new strategy.”

They’re coming for him now, and his days are numbered.

I totally agree.

Unfortunately, that’s not what happens in general, nor is that what is happening here.

People are being accused on social media, based solely on their resemblance to an image.

It’s really unproductive, not to mention unfair.
I suspect FBI profiles are based on much more than a ballpark sketch and 2 second grainy video, as well. MOO

I have thought about the "just getting started" statement quite a bit. And, to be honest, I have mixed feelings about its meaning.

Are they truly going back to square one and "just getting started" all over again?
-OR-
Has a recent tip come in regarding an individual (that no one would ever expect to commit such a heinous act), who had been previously cleared for some reason? Perhaps LE is "just getting started" in preparing a jail cell for him? (Fingers crossed).
I didn't take it as they're starting over again, but more as you (perp) have no idea how aggressive we're going to be with what we now know. Carter was pretty aggressive and he's just winding up. imo

I respectfully disagree, very seldom when the cause of death is known, is it withheld. I am not talking about the C.R, but most murder investigations have information released about the crimes. Even Caylee Anthony's C.R was released. Withholding stuff is common but withholding everything is not very common.

Her cause of death was released AFTER Casey was arrested.

Withholding this much info is absolutely the norm. Withholding cause of death is undoubtedly the norm before an arrest. It's a huge part of how they can verify he veracity of a confession or incriminating statement.

And every single case, people start screaming about how the authorities need to release their info to the public because we can do better. And every time someone like me has to respond about why releasing details like cause of death would destroy an investigation. But here it is from the horses' mouth:

Why Has Cause of Death Not Been Released in Libby German and Abby Williams’ Murder?
And perhaps most intriguingly, though autopsies were conductedon both girls, neither police nor FBI have released the cause or time of death for German or Williams. They also have not confirmed whether DNA evidence was found at the scene.

When asked why police have held back these details on such a high-profile case, Indiana State Police First Sgt. Jerry Holeman tells A&E Real Crime that it is standard protocol for his officers to keep mum on those issues during ongoing investigations.

“Speaking on behalf of state police, we don’t ever release information about ongoing investigations,” Holeman says. “In this case, we gave out audio and photo evidence from [German’s] video to help locate [the perpetrator]. We do that so when we get key evidence, only the killer or killers know the cause of death. We don’t release it to the media because then everyone and their brother would know, and it’s common to get false confessions from mentally disturbed people. So we’re trying to keep the details close to our vests.”

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

Last edited:

-OR-

Dear JDough,

I understand what you are saying about mixed feelings.

My take on the statement is that they are "just getting started" in this "new direction".

They have over two years' worth of tips which have been entered into a computerized program wherein they can search for certain words and find matches. I can't imagine how many interviews have been conducted. So, there won't be a "square one", in my opinion.

In addition to the tips they've received, we are not privy to all of the evidence and data they have gathered and analyzed. Perhaps it's just one piece of evidence or a tip they need.

I really like your thought that "LE is just getting started preparing a jail cell for him".

It's just a matter of time. JMO

I loved the “just getting started” line.

I think it’s a message designed to rattle the killer.

They did a few things to this effect.

Basically, “you think you’ve gotten away with this, but the investigation is only just beginning. We have a new strategy.”

They’re coming for him now, and his days are numbered.

I agree. But I've also entertained the theory that perhaps "just getting started" is another cryptic message just to the killer, if they have an idea who he is. For example, I could see someone using this as a Beach Body/Isagenix/Plexus type business slogan on social media. Or any kind of business startup. No, I do not have anyone in mind, I was just theorizing about where a specific phrase like that would be used/repeated by someone....

Maybe LE was watching the thread and it stood out to them also?

In a discussion with LE (in Australia), I was speaking of an unrelated topic and mentioned my interest in Websleuths.
The officer was in charge of an ongoing case here, smiled and stated he knows of Websleuths, referring to the suspect of that case.
On Websleuths we all thought that suspect was the murderer.
The suspect was arrested, initially pleading not guilty, then CHANGED his mind to manslaughter.

LE watch us here.:):):)

I agree. But I've also entertained the theory that perhaps "just getting started" is another cryptic message just to the killer, if they have an idea who he is. For example, I could see someone using this as a Beach Body/Isagenix/Plexus type business slogan on social media. Or any kind of business startup. No, I do not have anyone in mind, I was just theorizing about where a specific phrase like that would be used/repeated by someone....
Maybe it's something he (perp) said to the girls. Maybe it's letting the perp know they have a lot more of him talking to them.

I can't shake the feeling that we weren't supposed to know that the newly released sketch was actually old. I think that was a big woops and lack of communication to the artist to keep that on the down low. We were all under the impression it was NEW and then BOOM we were shocked to find it was not, remember?

Seems like they maybe hoped it would also shake up BG thinking someone new had come along and provided some significant testimony including a sparkly, new sketch.

MOO JMO

Dear MassGuy,

Agreed.

On a sunny but cool February afternoon in that area, with no cars close by to hide/distort noise, no leaves on trees - voices would carry - sounds would appear to the ear to be closer. Yet, no one heard - screaming, thrashing, water sounds, splashing through water?

The monster had absolute control. Absolute. No one around the trail reported hearing anything.
Not that this narrows the focus by any means, but it seems like there are two kinds of people who would be expert in moving without sound (while remaining in control) - military or (to a lesser degree) hunters.

What makes you think the FBI are less involved? They've been investigating for two years according to Carter.
The lack of their noted presence at the recent press conference, for one thing. Maybe they were there but deliberately to the background? I am truly curious about the relationships between local LE, State Police, and the FBI.

Maybe it's something he (perp) said to the girls.

**shudder**

Rsbm

Nice post i have not seen this before, what i find interesting is when the camera starts panning right @ about 22 seconds and passes by the old building before being torn down.
this video is of the day of the search feb14th?, then look at the area by the old building i swear i see what looks like a white vehicle sitting there?

maybe someone good at the video enhancement like redbeard can give us a better look!

I think (?) I see what you are pointing out Boro. My kindle is throwing fits today, and won't let me zoom in close enough to determine the color of the vehicle. Is it white, beige, light blue? I'm just not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it