Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen many sketches of suspects that ever really look very much like the suspect when arrested? To me they look like hundreds of people walking the streets. There needs to almost be something that is really prominent and distinct. Hopefully on this sketch its the chin.

I had the same question, so I googled mug shot and sketch side-by-side comparisons. You'd be surprised how spot on some sketches are. Others, not so much, but the sketch still helped lead to a tip and then an arrest!

I have this feeling that the suspect is between 18-25 and is in college right now, explaining the two week time period. Everything (looks, clothing, mannerisms, etc.) matches up for me, except the voice and timeline.
1) The voice sounds incredibly mature, more around the ages of 35-60 IMO.
2) It's highly unlikely that the two cases are connected if they are on the younger side. The oldest he could be is 18 during Lyric and Elizabeth's murder.
I'm really struggling with this. For one I have a few people in mind (won't say of course) that are within this age range, but I have a feeling too that the two cases are connected. Who knows, I hope we figure this out soon...

How many killers Take on TWO teens, walk them what a half mile away and then murder both? The chances of one of them bolting during the walk or murder is very high. This tells me that this isnt this guys first murder. That is very risky. Very risky. Most would wait for an opportunity where one is by themselves. But two is unusual to me. Very bold, very assured of how to do it, very practiced.
I see the opposite, those risks were a sign of inexperience.

He was likely able to do it through fear; the type of fear that comes from wielding a weapon.

Has anyone seen many sketches of suspects that ever really look very much like the suspect when arrested? To me they look like hundreds of people walking the streets. There needs to almost be something that is really prominent and distinct. Hopefully on this sketch its the chin.

I think Jesse Matthews (Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington) looked/looks like his composite sketch. I was actually just revisiting the comparison last week given the new sketch here in this case. I was curious to remember how closely JM ended up being to his rendition. I think it's pretty darn close.

I will say though that I think it looks like him "after-the-fact". In other words, now that we know the actual face, yeah, the sketch looks just like him. But it's much harder to assess going the other direction so to speak. IIRC, there were a few jokes from JM's friends- before JM was caught- kidding him that he looked like the sketch. But it was just off enough that they didn't immediately "recognize him" (and some denial probably) b/c it's certainly not a photo.

Here's a link to see his sketch:
DNA Under Fingernail Provides Link in Matthew Case

MOO.

How many killers Take on TWO teens, walk them what a half mile away and then murder both? The chances of one of them bolting during the walk or murder is very high. This tells me that this isnt this guys first murder. That is very risky. Very risky. Most would wait for an opportunity where one is by themselves. But two is unusual to me. Very bold, very assured of how to do it, very practiced.
And many here think bg has committed previous crimes...

And the emotion from presser. They know they have him, but they don't have what they need to charge him.

I guess they just need for him to turn himself in and admit guilt. I do hope they'll come to grips with whatever is holding them back from making an arrest.

If, for example, LE and prosecutors are afraid to make an arrest because they fear local jurors would make a fuss about DNA privacy issues, this might be the time to have a national discussion about the issue, educate the public. I can't imagine a jury would rule in favor of a murderer for reasons of DNA privacy, but there are all kinds of people in the world these days. Some still believe the earth is flat, too. Genetic privacy and non-discrimination are important issues, but there are ways to protect the rights of the public while still using DNA as an investigative tool.

I so don’t want this to be true. I want to believe that people do the right thing. The idea that someone might be intentionally covering for BG...how does one live with that?
You'd be surprised what a small community can keep under wraps. For example, my mom comes from a town around the same size as Delphi and there was a recent case of sex abuse, plus older cases of attempted murder, drug trades, etc. No one bats an eye at it, and they go on with life as normal (except for the consistent gossip surrounding the topics).

Like most of you, I don’t think that the use of the term “guys” means BG is young. If anything, I hear more baby boomers saying “guys” than anyone else (I’m a millennial, if it matters ;)

I think LE really wants people to focus on BG being YOUNG, because the first sketch depicting him as middle-aged was apparently so off target - and it’s made such an impression on all of us. The first impression is going to be difficult to dispel.

Anyway, my two cents on why LE is pushing the “guys” clip, and on why they are implying that it means he’s young.

BBM:

LE definitely wanted to inform the public that they had significantly expanded his potential age range to now include males from 18-40 years old.

I think LE really needed to make sure that the public did a mental reset and opened their minds to the possibility that BG could be younger, not necessarily that he definitely falls within that younger age range.

LE was also very careful in their presser to point out that he may "appear younger" than his actual age.

JMO.

I think Jesse Matthews (Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington) looked/looks like his composite sketch. I was actually just revisiting the comparison last week given the new sketch here in this case. I was curious to remember how closely JM ended up being to his rendition. I think it's pretty darn close.

I will say though that I think it looks like him "after-the-fact". In other words, now that we know the actual face, yeah, the sketch looks just like him. But it's much harder to assess going the other direction so to speak. IIRC, there were a few jokes from JM's friends- before JM was caught- kidding him that he looked like the sketch. But it was just off enough that they didn't immediately "recognize him" (and some denial probably) b/c it's certainly not a photo.

Here's a link to see his sketch:
DNA Under Fingernail Provides Link in Matthew Case

MOO.
Exactly my thoughts. Hindsight is 20/20

I am sorry for the loss of your son - from one grieving mom to another. I see "signs" all the time - a song that comes on at just the right moment, numbers, the appearance of an animal, etc. After my son died I remembered something he said when he was about 5 years old - he told me that WHEN he died he wanted me to donate his organs. What 5 y/o says that? And it was completely out of the blue, we weren't talking about it or anything. By the way, we did agree to organ donation.
What you said gave me chills, yes isnt it strange. My son would say he never wanted to grow old. He wanted to stay a kid. always say that. yes what your son said as well just things most kids would never think to say. Im sorry for your loss as well. We both understand it as no other could. Hugs to you

Can someone explain to me, slowly and carefully, how the two sketches can be two different people and yet both be BG?

Gives me an opportunity to post the latest news article: ISP: Nearly 2K tips in week since new Delphi sketch released

From the article:

"The new sketch was released at a press conference on Monday, April 22. Since that day, investigators have clarified that the man in the new sketch is their main suspect at this time. The man in the first sketch, which was released in July 2017, is no longer considered a suspect at this time."

My comments for clarification: The first sketch is NOT BG. Presumably (as in, MOO) that person finally came forward and was eliminated as the suspect somehow. The second sketch IS BG. There was never any doubt that BG is the killer therefore the new sketch is BG who is the suspected killer.

I read a post within the last hour that i can not find now. The poster pointed out that the new sketch bg has sanpaku eyes.
I had not noticed this before and find it interesting. Did the sketch artist draw the eyes this way because the witness described seeing 3whites? If so the witness had to be close. Or are they just eyes the witness said look similar without realizing sanpaku is not super common?

I so don’t want this to be true. I want to believe that people do the right thing. The idea that someone might be intentionally covering for BG...how does one live with that?

Something else to consider is that if someone knows, THEY may be behaving oddly. In an extreme case, imo, if say a mom knows her son is BG she may become paranoid that LE could use her discarded McDonalds cup to compare dna or whatever. A family member might become extremely sensitive to ordinary questions. Sees a neighbor at the grocery store “hey Mary, how ya doing? How’s the husband, how’s your son?” And Mary freaks out thinking neighbor knows. Jmo
I think a mom or dad could live in a denial for a looong time. Their son is just "not the type" to do something like that, even if details match the case. So they make excuses in their minds, find ways to explain everything away.

Once they face reality, I think one or both will do the right thing because they are the type of people who do the right thing. And it will be heartbreaking, but also will possibly save someone's life by preventing the son from committing a crime again.

He has to be turned in or turn himself in. It's so dangerous and wrong not to.

jmo

Would the tip line be set up with a Caller ID? Perhaps they could tell who called in multiple tips, possibly false, and cross reference the name to people who signed in at the press conference, and very hopefully to the car registration, or to a name they are already aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly