Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - new to WS as a member and poster but I have read this thread since the girls were found.

Just my two cents (all IMO):
- I believe LE suspects a particular person but may not have corroborating evidence for an arrest/conviction yet.

- If he is "hiding in plain sight" he would have likely been going about for the last two years as if nothing happened. If LE has a suspect in mind, he or people who know him may have already been interviewed and he may be aware that people are watching. Is he actively covering any tracks that may have never been worrisome to him before, like deleting or making private his social media accounts? Has he withdrawn from social activities and interactions with others in the last few months or weeks? Is he making mistakes at work or school? Taking sick time? Showing unusual anxiety or irritability? What kind of behavior changes would make someone close to him wonder if something is off?

- I feel this was his first violent act, but there probably were previous behaviors known to his family and friends that point to issues like emotional disregulation, anger problems, manipulating others, lying, and/or low self esteem (perhaps masked as confidence, arrogance, or piety). LE gave an age range of 18-40. Let's say he is in his mid- to late-20s, just as an example - did he display emotionally disregulated behavior as a teen or in his early adulthood? Did he later become a model citizen, student, employee, church member, whatever - all the while hiding enormous rage at family, friends, past romantic relationships (or lack thereof), or how unfair life has been? Friends and family may be doubtful that he is a suspect because of this. "I know he used to be really angry all the time, but he's such a good guy now, it couldn't possibly be him - even if he looks like the sketch and I know he didn't show up to work or class that day."
Again, all this is opinion and speculation. Hoping there is an arrest soon.

Welcome starlord. :):):)
Hope you send many more posts after lurking for some time.
I am also wondering how BG has changed, over time, and whether noticed by those around him.
MOO.

Something just occurred to me about the short length of video released.

Many of us think Libby took the video while BG was still a fair distance away and that’s why it’s so pixilated. Looking for a link but I believe Becky Patty said about 60ft in her interview w gray hughes.

So if he was 60ft away, either she put the phone somewhere that took him off screen (pocket, bag, etc) and there is only those few seconds of video

OR

She continued recording him but he did something that can’t be released. Like pulled out a gun or knife. (Or the puppy jumped out of his jacket).

Thoughts?

Wow, thank you. Now thaaat is not as general of a profile as I’ve heard lately, imo.

And you said it turned out to not really be accurate as far as stable employment and family.

What on earth is the profile characteristic of constipation, etc? :eek: Was that a genetic predisposition/characteristic found in the DNA? Now that is interesting.
If they can finally profile True Crime sleuthing, coffee drinking, and cigarette smoking, I am in big deep "poo-poo" trouble.....moo

Ha what troubles me is the audio is not for us it’s for someone who can physically identify the killer......

As someone from the Midwest, I found the "Guys..." portion to be a really important addition to the audio clip and really wish LE would have included it initially, tbh.

While I've never actually heard the words, "Down the hill" uttered by the vast majority of my friends or family, I have absolutely, positively heard almost all of them say, "Guys."

Believe it or not, there are a lot of different tones, inflections, and emphases that can be placed on that word. Some people even make it a 2-syllable word.

That "guys" is going to sound familiar to somebody out there, and, combined with Sketch #2, really will make someone close to BG do a double-take.

Whether or not they report their suspicions to LE, of course, is a separate issue.

JMO.

Last edited:
Your comment has nothing to do with the conversation. It was about how we think he subdued two girls.

The reason I made this comment we have no idea if family members read these posts. We have young girls murdered, sensitivity should be given on how we think he subdued the two girls.

In a different case a family member did read the comments about what happened to victim.

I have started paying attention to peoples chins. A lot of men have a longer chin I don’t think we can attribute this to a genetic problem. I think he just has a longer chain.
And I think it was in reference to the difference in the other sketch, ie he is younger and has a longer chin. Not that he is deformed.

Ives from MARCH 14, 2017 article:

“DELPHI, Ind. -- Carroll County Prosecutor Robert Ives told FOX59 the law of averages favors that of the thousands of tips that have poured in and the hundreds of doors police and FBI agents have knocked on in connection with the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Investigators say they’ve possibly met the killer or killers, or may have the clue that will wrap up the case. They just don’t know it yet.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

“I think that’s possible, yes.”“

Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe
MARCH 14, 2017

—-

Carroll County prosecutor to retire amidst high-profile investigations
Nov 11, 2017

“He said the Delphi and Flora cases affected his decision in a way. Ives said charges are not "imminent" in either case.

"If we had filed charges in either of those cases, I do not think I would have retired," Ives said. "In fact, I probably would run again because I would have wanted to see them through from start to finish."“

Snip

"Don't misunderstand me," Ives said. "I might receive a phone call in an hour that says we really have something now, but that is not going on at the moment."

“Ives said nothing in his career compares to the Flora and Delphi investigations. He said he fully expects detectives to solve the cases, but he doesn't expect to be the one to prosecute the suspects.

"If we had enough evidence to file charges in either one of those cases, I would rescind my resignation and make a fool out of myself," he said. "But I would do that because I would want to be there from start to finish."“

—-

Can someone please find a source the was sworn back in? (Tia) Battery dying and that’s not listed here:

Carroll County Court System

I posted this a couple threads back- here ya go.

Case Search - MyCase

As someone from the Midwest, I found the "Guys..." portion to be a really important addition to the audio clip and really wish LE would have included it initially, tbh.

While I've never actually heard the words, "Down the hill" uttered by the vast majority of my friends or family, I have absolutely, positively heard almost all of them say, "Guys."
Believe it or not, there are a lot of different tones, inflections, and emphases that can be placed on that word. Some people even make it a 2-syllable word.

That "guys" is going to sound familiar to somebody out there, and, combined with Sketch #2, really will make someone close to BG do a double-take.

Whether or not they report their suspicions to LE, of course, is a separate issue.

JMO.

I completely agree. I've been trying to comment on that but couldn't find the right words. You said it well. We don't hear 'down the hill' a lot but we do hear 'guys' on a more regular basis and from some people it's a staple in their vocabulary. I can hear his voice much more clearly in that one word, and I'm convinced those who know BG and have heard the way he says "guys" are having nagging doubts about now. MOO

The reason I made this comment we have no idea if family members read these posts. We have young girls murdered, sensitivity should be given on how we think he subdued the two girls.

In a different case a family member did read the comments about what happened to victim.
With respect, how he committed this crime, is very important.

That includes how he coaxed them “down the hill,” and how he managed to subdue them.

As long as no one is overly graphic...

JMO.
I was just gonna post the same thing. I also wonder if LE thinks BG is in a position where he would be speaking to or in a group of people that the word guys would be used a lot. IOW BG would be addressing a group of people often. JMO.

Someone was asking about a transcription for Dr. Phil; this is an article referencing some quotes from the show it seems:

For reference:
Thanks I think it was me. I have read through but it isn't a word for word transcript. I saw somewhere else that MP stated on Dr Phil that a witness saw the killer leaving the area. GH remarked that was new info we had not known at that time. Then later GH mentioned confirming with that witness in one of his videos. But I was hoping to know just what MP said on the show to know how much was from him and how much additional information GH presented.

I'm pretty sure the family knows what to expect if they should venture in here.

Here’s something else you guys might have been looking for:

Quote from @FromGermany :

“Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday after noon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw.

"They said that they had said, 'Hi' and he, like, just brushed them off and kept going," Chasity said.

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently. “
Memorial grows as police continue search for Delphi girls' killer

IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

The FBI decides if DNA gets into CODIS, it's not up to LE. You need a full profile to get it into CODIS, and if an out side lab does testing for you, they can refuse the results. We have FDLE, that does our testing, but they don't do DNA testing for us. We have to pay an outside lab to do that and it is expensive. Anything they do test is free for FL LE. But some tests have to be sent out. If FBI or FDLE won't except test results, it won't go into CODIS.
I read that testing a rape kit can cost $1000-$1500 each. Some smaller jurisdictions can't afford a number of them so they sit on shelves.

I posted this a couple threads back- here ya go.

Case Search - MyCase

Thank you very much.

“Chronological Case Summary
04/10/2019
Case Opened as a New Filing
04/10/2019
Document Filed
Filed By: State of Indiana
File Stamp: 04/10/2019
04/10/2019
Oath Filed
Oath of Service filed.
Filed By: Ives, Robert T.
File Stamp: 04/10/2019”

April 10th....

Found it! From A&E website:

And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

I can't help but imagine the shocked surprise and utter fear caused by someone jumping out of bushes and grabbing you...a someone who is stronger than you...a someone who is armed with a deadly weapon and won't hesitate to use it. Imagine the heart-pounding, gut-wrenching feeling of helplessness...knowing there's nothing you can do to save yourself and nobody is coming to help you. And then you hear those words "get on the ground."

Wouldn't today be a good day for BG to find out what that feels like?

Well, that moment will be televised for all to see.:):):)
How wonderful it will be, to see the expression on his ugly face being arrested, then the mugshots etc.
Hope, all this is 'just round the corner'.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member