Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked a few threads back but I don't think I got an answer- apologies if I did, and just point me in the right direction if so.

Could someone provide me an MSM link verifying that the girls specifically discussed "some creepy guy" earlier on during their walk that day on the trails? That quote has been put forth as fact many times, but I've just never seen anything to confirm this. TIA.
I found this. It doesn’t use the word “creepy” though.

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

I asked a few threads back but I don't think I got an answer- apologies if I did, and just point me in the right direction if so.

Could someone provide me an MSM link verifying that the girls specifically discussed "some creepy guy" earlier on during their walk that day on the trails? That quote has been put forth as fact many times, but I've just never seen anything to confirm this. TIA

This is all I have found:

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

OK, you´ve gotten it already. Here is all that there is- I have never read an article that specifically informs us about "the creepy guy".

So, we have a sketch that was done about 5 months post murders that was released in July 2017? That sketch is a dead ringer (imo) of an individual listed on the sex offender registry who naturally would have had to provide DNA to police. Problem, obviously his DNA did not match that of the crime scene or he'd be locked up by now. I'd love to know who provided that description to police which resulted in the sketch. Did that individual have an agenda? The odd thing is, he does somewhat resemble they guy on the bridge. But what does that mean? I can't make out a face clearly. He is looking down as to conceal his identity as he approaches. It could be my brother who kinda looks like that and has a bit of a gait because he broke both of his ankles years ago.

So this previous POI sex offender must have been ruled out. That could have been done a LONG time ago and yet only now has the investigation taken a sharp turn. We are left with the first sketch that was made 3 days after the murders which in all likelihood is the real killer, as we have been told. You know, people can change quite a bit in 2 years. I've seen it. MPB (male pattern baldness, I figured I'd just spell it out :)), change of hairstyle (if he still has any) weight gain, weight loss, facial hair comes and goes and clothing style may change (did a makeover). How convenient for the killer. Two plus years to think about that while LE are looking for someone from goodness knows where. I strongly suspect DNA will clinch this if they have enough, but I also think there may have been someone that purposefully misguided this investigation from the onset. Gut feeling. I wonder if we'll ever know for sure? I do think though that they have someone in mind and there are eyes all over him right now. Good luck with that Coward of Carrol County.
As always, MOO.

LE never confirmed actually having BG´s DNA, did they?

This is all I have found:

OK, you´ve gotten it already. Here is all that there is- I have never read an article that specifically informs us about "the creepy guy".
Thanks for that! I have a question and wondered if you or someone could help me understand something since I'm new to this thread. I'm trying to get my head around when Libby took the pic of BG. They said he was behind them, but it appears he's walking toward them in the photo, or did Abby look back and take the photo? TIA!

Does anyone think the perpetrator sent letters to LE? Maybe provoked the department to do the press conference? Perhaps the emotional comments made by Carter were in essence responding to him?
Just curious.
Thanks all!

There has to be something very personal behind the degree of emotion that Carter displayed. That could be why.

Thanks for that! I have a question and wondered if you or someone could help me understand something since I'm new to this thread. I'm trying to get my head around when Libby took the pic of BG. They said he was behind them, but it appears he's walking toward them in the photo, or did Abby look back and take the photo? TIA!

You´re welcome, SusiQ!
Yes, BG was behind them- the girls were at the SE end of the bridge. Libby was facing NW end of the bridge at the moment, taking pictures of Abby.

<modsnip: not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
From the sound of the press conference, they made it sound like they are following someone or at least they have an idea who..and keeping watch....but maybe that's what they wanted the killer to think so he won't kill again. If an fbi profile said he might do it again they would try to scare him out of it....just a thought and my own opinion
They may have said that to rattle someone's cage. If they had a pool of suspects they may be watching to see who started to act differently or suddenly made plans to leave town.

Thanks so much MassGuy (and Eve).

Ok, this is helpful for me to get the specific wording.

For some reason the “creepy” verbiage (or lack thereof as it were) makes a bit of a difference to me. To me, creepy connotes the girls were scared or concerned. Whereas just “mentioning the man” could include all manner of things. They could have talked about recognizing him, could have commented to each other on his jacket, could have made a comment about how there weren’t many people out of the trail except for him, etc, etc.

Just leaves open the possibility that they were not scared of him, and/or knew him. JMO.

I found this. It doesn’t use the word “creepy” though.

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

I just listened to Best Case Worst Case podcast and there were a lot of good info on the behavioral analysis and profile in it. I agree with most of what they said.
1. I think he had some kind of setup down the hill already there and ready to go. Possibly made in advance. If that’s the case, we are talking about someone local with continued access to the site.
2. The Shack. There’s a portion of the movie where the father of the murdered child asks god why they let that happen? Why they still love the murderer and consider them a son still. The answer god gave was that even he is my son who i don’t love less because of what he did. It’s really great, you should watch it if you haven’t. I think Carter referenced the movie in hopes BG will watch the movie and will see that particular part. It has to do with redemption.
3. How scary is it that the whole murder could have been captured on her phone. He didn’t take it with him so he must not have known it was recording.
4. The press conference was literally written by the behavioral analysis division. Every word was meant to make him squirm and feel whatever FBI wants him to feel. I hope the audience was videotaped.
Thoughts?

Just a guess and probably a hope but maybe not assuming there is someone that it could not possibly be, maybe thought no way, no how, too young, etc., he was just a hiker and a witness.... Maybe an assumption of age or vehicles and a dismissal of others because they do not fit the thought...? Maybe now they see it as plain as day...? We have been ourselves I think surprised at some young perps lately for instance and not who one would think...

Again, just hopeful it is something like that, I certainly have no idea whatsoever...

I read his demeanor in the presser to say, how dare you betray (insert here the pronoun you think fits best), and to have the audacity to think you could get away with it. In Carter's body language, I read hurt, anger bordering on fury, a deep sense of betrayal, and intense determination. Do you think the emotions we saw were coached, completely in- the- moment, or a combination?

I can't remember if it was the podcast or another news broadcast but I'm certain they confirmed they had DNA. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
They must have it. LE has stated that familial DNA testing has been discussed, that it's "on the table," and that it might help them reach success.
That's what Leazenby said in an article almost a year ago.
The same article has a lot of information about familial DNA testing if anyone is interested. I don't know how to link, but the article is called, "Familial DNA search might unlock Delphi Killer's identity."
It's from Journal and Courier, June 1, 2018.

I just listened to Best Case Worst Case podcast and there were a lot of good info on the behavioral analysis and profile in it. I agree with most of what they said.
1. I think he had some kind of setup down the hill already there and ready to go. Possibly made in advance. If that’s the case, we are talking about someone local with continued access to the site.
2. The Shack. There’s a portion of the movie where the father of the murdered child asks god why they let that happen? Why they still love the murderer and consider them a son still. The answer god gave was that even he is my son who i don’t love less because of what he did. It’s really great, you should watch it if you haven’t. I think Carter referenced the movie in hopes BG will watch the movie and will see that particular part. It has to do with redemption.
3. How scary is it that the whole murder could have been captured on her phone. He didn’t take it with him so he must not have known it was recording.
4. The press conference was literally written by the behavioral analysis division. Every word was meant to make him squirm and feel whatever FBI wants him to feel. I hope the audience was videotaped.
Thoughts?
I’m not a fan of the whole setup or lair thing. It was also mentioned on that HLN special.

First he had to find a victim.

Then he had to intercept this victim at a particular point.

Then he had to transport the victim to this area that he had set up, and do so undetected.

I think it’s simpler than that, and he just took the girls to the nearest isolated location.

That being said, I definitely think he was familiar with the location.

I do think that Libby’s phone, possibly captured some unspeakable horrors. And I agree, I don’t think he knew that she had recorded him.

As for the press conference being written by FBI profilers, I absolutely believe that to have been the case.

That was a thing of beauty.

Thoughts?
I’m not a fan of the whole setup or lair thing. It was also mentioned on that HLN special.

First he had to find a victim.

Then he had to intercept this victim at a particular point.

Then he had to transport the victim to this area that he had set up, and do so undetected.

I think it’s simpler than that, and he just took the girls to the nearest isolated location.

That being said, I definitely think he was familiar with the location.

I do think that Libby’s phone, possibly captured some unspeakable horrors. And I agree, I don’t think he knew that she had recorded him.

As for the press conference being written by FBI profilers, I absolutely believe that to have been the case.

That was a thing of beauty.
Also! I rewatched the first presser and one stated there was additional video of BG that they wouldn’t release. Also! I agree with JC that LE caught the guy in the first sketch, dna didn’t match so they went another route with the updated sketch. Maybe dna was involved with creating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj