Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought it was said on MSM that they had recovered DNA. I don't think it has ever been said that they have BG's DNA specifically.
I posted a video a page or two back and they state there is DNA and although not specifically stated to be his, I imagine that would be BG's. Maybe they already know who it belongs to but figure they need a stronger case to make an arrest. IDK

At the 9:45 mark in this news report one of the panel says she was at a conference and the investigators said they have DNA evidence. I think she mentions it at an earlier point as well.

Yes, but I was answering the someone's question as to whether they had BG's DNA. I'm not aware that LE has stated, specifically, that they have his DNA... just that they have "DNA evidence." Do we know for sure the DNA they have is his?

Good catch on the buttons! Now that you mention it, that does look quite uncomfortable. At first, I thought I'd only notice that he looked cold.

I can't take credit, Buckeyes. Someone else mentioned it earlier today and it was discussed on an old thread, too. But, it is very curious... and I do think it's because he "threw the jacket on in a hurry" while preoccupied with following the girls.
But, jmo.

Yes, but I was answering the someone's question as to whether they had BG's DNA. I'm not aware that LE has stated, specifically, that they have his DNA... just that they have "DNA evidence." Do we know for sure the DNA they have is his?
I guess I'm assuming it's the killer's DNA otherwise it's useless. What they haven't disclosed is what kind of DNA. Semen, blood, hair with root or possibly skin under Abby or Libby's nails? Don't know.

I guess I'm assuming it's the killer's DNA otherwise it's useless. What they haven't disclosed is what kind of DNA. Semen, blood, hair with root or possibly skin under Abby or Libby's nails? Don't know.

Remember how long it took
for them to just process the scene for
DNA? They were not even finished in August 2017. I can try to find the interview with Holeman around then.
Evidence teams took away large sections the forest floor, leaves and all.

Remember how long it took
for them to just process the scene for
DNA? They were not even finished in August 2017. I can try to find the interview with Holeman around then.
Evidence teams took away large sections the forest floor, leaves and all.
Thank you! I honestly don't know how much they have as I'm pretty new to this case and thread. If you still have that info feel free to repost! Greatly appreciated :)

I have yet to read or hear one believable (to me) reason why police would issue a sketch and open themselves back to up hundreds or more mostly useless “tips” if they know who this guy is.

First, I do not believe police would risk a sketch if they know who he is, due to possible false accusations, the likelihood image is not a good match to the person, etc...makes zero sense. Secondly, police would not address people who “know” him via a press conference. If they know this is Tom Thumb, i.e, it is to those close to Tom Thumb they would be spending their time with. Not flinging out strategic words and phrases in hopes that these same folks would hang their heads and give in.

I really don’t get the seemingly overwhelming belief that they know who he is. At all. Jmo

LE never confirmed actually having BG´s DNA, did they?
Not directly
For the folks who are still confused about the sketches and want to hear what was actually said about the July 2017 release of the first BG pic, here is the PC video; it's 9 minutes long.

Or, you can go to this page and scroll down a bit until you come to the transcript one of our former members provided:

IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

Then you can go to this link in which Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, the sketch artist, shares how the second image came about:

Delphi murders
Sketch of Suspect in Indiana Girls’ Murder Renews Hope for Case

Article with some discussion about the OBG 'composite' sketch MOO interesting.
MOO they would not eliminate OBG July 2017 sketch without very good reason.
very interesting. He certainly wasn’t being this forthcoming during the presser. In fact, he never once referred to it as a sketch.

In the beginning investigators said they did collect dna evidence but it has never been stated how much or if it is usable.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.- On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered.

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

I can see I have confused people with my comment,
"No, it's not even certain if they have any usable DNA at all. As far as I know... imo."

Here is the question I was answering:
"LE never confirmed actually having BG´s DNA, did they?"

ETA: I don't want to add confusion or incorrect information is all. I know LE has DNA from the crime scene but is it usable? I don't know. As far as knowing it belongs to BG... I imagine that would depend of the source of the DNA and where it was found and after eliminating any sources of contamination such as searchers, anyone handling the bodies, lab techs... and so on...

Last edited:

Nope, LE isn’t saying.

“The potential of DNA is limited to the presence of DNA. No one outside the investigation knows what cards the investigators hold, or whether the very idea of a DNA-guided conviction is a bluff.”
Halfway Across: The Delphi Murders

At the 9:45 mark in this news report one of the panel says she was at a conference and the investigators said they have DNA evidence. I think she mentions it at an earlier point as well.

I’ve wavered back and forth on the whole ‘do they have DNA’ question—but they DO seem to have some way that they’re ruling people out.

Last edited:
Appreciate your reply. I'll add that men that are of the "reddish-brown" hair color, tend to have redder facial hair and leg hair and ... other private hair ... which makes it much more noticeable in someone that may appear to have plain brown hair on first glance. You think they are a brunette and then they sprout a ginger beard (no offense gingers!). Head hair darkens as they age possibly but I still say "reddish-brown" hair is very common overall and also a fairly loose descriptor covering a lot of hair colors.

Lol maybe I just have not seen one's private ginger hair or one grow a beard or I live in a reddish brown free area... :) Or I am just not recognizing it which is also possible and/or I picture something different for a color than is meant by it.

I did wonder if it was meant loosely in that it could be brown/brunette or reddish brown as they put it. I do think though if one adds curly hair (if that is what the sketch is meant to show) and a prominent chin that it adds up to a fairly unique look, especially if he is from the town of 3,000?

I guess it goes to show we do each put our own personal perspective into information, sketches, etc. I also did agree with the other poster that the odds of there being two people that day with the same hair color, weight and height seemed unusual but perhaps it is meant as such a vague range of each that it is not so rare.

I don't know--I guess I was also probably hoping his look was unique enough that he would be apprehended quickly with this new sketch and info! :)

Anyhow, I appreciate your reply as well and being able to discuss it.

I would think very little of him in the video if I didn’t know what he’d done. I’d probably be slightly suspicious of his hands and his clothing. My husband has cold hands, so I’d probably conclude his hands were chilled. His clothing I’d find out of the ordinary for a stroll in the park. He kind of gives off flasher vibes. I certainly wouldn’t make the leap to murderer of two girls.

The baggie jeans, hoodie and the style of coat are often worn by young people in Canada. Many posters have indicated that the clothing is that of an older person. Certainly not the case where I live.

The baggie jeans, hoodie and the style of coat are often worn by young people in Canada. Many posters have indicated that the clothing is that of an older person. Certainly not the case where I live.

Not the case where I live, either. And not the case that I've seen around that part of Indiana. The jeans look like carpenter style. Dickies is a popular brand. I've seen all ages wear them. And the jacket just looks like some kind of windbreaker. Again, fairly age neutral. As one of my friends said, he's a walking example of Rural King's finest. At one point there was a long "discussion" about whether or not the hat in the OG sketch indicated an older man or younger, but even that was subjective. Walmart sells those newsboy caps and they've been back in style for a few years now. My 12 yo son just wore one to a dance.

Where in the world do you think got a jacket with sleeves so long? I understand an oversized jacket would have longer sleeves but those sleeves just keep going and going...

The folded up bottom of the blue jean cuffs is not out of place in the Delphi area either according to some photos I've seen on internet sites where I don't ordinarily spend any time at all... until recently. It does seem to be the style of a young boy/man though.

Nope, LE isn’t saying.

“The potential of DNA is limited to the presence of DNA. No one outside the investigation knows what cards the investigators hold, or whether the very idea of a DNA-guided conviction is a bluff.”
Halfway Across: The Delphi Murders
Yet I'm not sure why LE would say that they were considering a Familial DNA Search if they do NOT have the killers DNA. Why say it's on the table (which to me means it's an option) if they don't have the isolated DNA to begin with? Jmo

Where in the world do you think got a jacket with sleeves so long? I understand an oversized jacket would have longer sleeves but those sleeves just keep going and going...

They actually look like normal length to me? But if they are longer than it could've been purchased in a Big & Tall section of a store or at a thrift shop. My husband is tall and has to shop in those sections and they're a lot more common than they used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes