Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in UK you can be arrested on suspicion of a crime but not charged until later (up to 3 days of questioning in most cases unless an extn is applied for via the Crown Prosecution Service).
I've read that this chap has been arrested, but I don't read that he has been charged...
Is there a difference over there?
I just want to be sure that he is not about to be released without charge - as could happen here.
Sorry, I just need to be sure before I pop the champers....
Yeah, it's not like the UK in that regard. The fact that he's been arrested, moved to a state facility for his protection, and that a presser has been announced, makes it the safest bet in the world that he's going to ultimately be charged with murder.

Monday is going to be a huge day.

I’ve never seen his name here of any private social media

discussion groups or podcasts. I’m sure those individuals harassed over the years are relieved but still frustrated being accused with continuous side by side photos.

I was way off too...I always wondered if it was someone familiar with the area that would just easily hike in w/o a car.

I don't think he looks like either composite, not in the least. MOO

Really , I’m amazed?

I have been amazed by how close they got it right. Even the nose is spot on for him when I look at them. He is also fat faced which makes you baby faced so I can see why they had a younger and older version as he doesn’t look his age imo.

Some have questions about the color of his eyes.

One of the witnesses indicated he "did not have blue eyes". Looking at the Heavy article with his photo, I'd say his eyes are grey, or possibly green.

JMVHO.

I'm going to take it easy on this thing until some facts come forth, hopefully on Monday.

I think I'll wait to hear the actual charges.
I know what you mean, because it’s kind of worrisome that they say, booked in connection with the Delphi murders and not “arrested and charged with the Delphi murders”.

Really , I’m amazed?

I have been amazed by how close they got it right. Even the nose is spot on for him when I look at them. He is also fat faced which makes you baby faced so I can see why they had a younger and older version as he doesn’t look his age imo.

I'm not seeing him in the sketches either the older fuller face with jowls has him much older, 55-60's but I'd need to see a photo of him in the year of the murder. 2018. I still wonder if he has an accomplice hence the younger face.

I’ve got to believe LE in this case would not take someone into custody unless there’s strong evidence to not only secure charges of murder but to also guarantee a conviction.
Agreed, I’m just replying to why they (media outlets) haven’t said he’s been charged yet, I’m sure it’s coming, just can take a few days.

Super exciting news! Dying to know more and glad I'm finally a WS member so I can share it with you guys!

This seems like more than any other development in the past....mostly because of Kelsi's Twitter comment....the family's reaction has me very hopeful. It is going to be a lonnnnnggg weekend!

I’ve got to believe LE in this case would not take someone into custody unless there’s strong evidence to not only secure charges of murder but to also guarantee a conviction.
LE would know more than anyone the consequences of charging someone without sufficient evidence, as they see a side of people we often do not ?
I believe at this time they have a ton of evidence we don't know about yet.
M00.

It appears the media is relying on sources but are not yet able to officially confirm what the charges are. I assume in the State of Indiana a suspect can be held for a certain time pending formal charges to be later placed? Maybe that explains where things stand today?

“……Fox 59 in Indianapolis is reporting that a man named Richard Allen, 50, was arrested and booked into the Carroll County Jail on suspicion of murder in connection to the girls' killings. Fox 59 reported that the man was moved to a state facility for his safety.

The Indianapolis news outlet attributed the information to "sources."

The Journal & Courier called the Carroll County Jail. No one answered.

The Journal & Courier called Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby several times and left voicemails. He did not respond.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Jeremy Piers said he cannot confirm if an arrest was made in the case.

Indiana laws require police to release the identity of anyone arrested, as well as anyone incarcerated at a jail or prison within 24 hours of the arrest. The name, age, and address of the person arrested, as well as the crimes he is suspected of committing, is required by law to be released.

Piers still refused to release information, saying that any update will be released Monday.

The Journal & Courier filed a request Friday afternoon to inspect public information with Indiana State Police and Leazenby. They are required to respond within 24 hours of the request…..”

72 hours, so they have until Noon on Monday.

The day we've been waiting for, this is unreal.

I know what you mean, because it’s kind of worrisome that they say, booked in connection with the Delphi murders and not “arrested and charged with the Delphi murders”.
Booking process follows an arrest. So sounds like he has been arrested and booked in connection with the murders.

I may be the only person on here who is unsure about this arrest, maybe LE just want to get everything set up for Monday when they make the announcement, but we live in a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day news cycle, so why wait till Monday,

I hope we learn his charges soon; he is at present being held in jail, so that says no bond was set when he was charged, I am assuming he was charged,

I really do hope today is the day though,

LE would know more than anyone the consequences of charging someone without sufficient evidence, as they see a side of people we often do not ?
I believe at this time they have a ton of evidence we don't know about yet.
M00.
Lol that's the thing. This guy doesn't appear to fit at all, so you've got to think the evidence is super strong.

Basically, "this makes no sense, so they just have to have their guy."

Idk…something feels weird about this. It definitely appears to be him, not debating that. Just some random facts swirling in my head that I haven’t connected yet as I try to make sense of this:

5’4” would make a man noticeable imo. That’s well below the average 5’9-10” male. It would be easy to recognize him somewhere other than his job and think “oh that’s the short guy from CVS”

This guy was not hiding. GH showed pics of him regularly out at bars, restaurants, amusement parks, even traveling to other states. He had a customer facing job, where he regularly spoke to known and unknown customers, probably in person or on the phone, 2 miles from this horrific crime that people have been talking about for years.

*IF* the witnesses who saw BG were young adults, they could possibly be in the same age range as RMA’s kids. In 2007 they might have been around 20-24 years old, possibly in college, possibly working, possibly stay at home moms, etc, with perfectly legit reasons to be hiking on a nice Monday afternoon. Some of them have been getting prescriptions filled for the last 5.5 years at the pharmacy where where RMA works. Some of them might be friends with his kids and probably knew him by name as Mr. Allen, so-and-so’s dad. Some might have recognized him as the little guy from the pharmacy.

There’s currently 450 students at Delphi High school, let’s assume there was a similar number 10 years ago.

Delphi’s population is approximately 3,000 people. Say half are male and half of those are adults. 750 adult men or say 1000 adult men if we’re generous.

For years we were told BG’s eye color was unknown but definitely not blue. Yet RMA has strikingly bright blue eyes.

I just expected someone much less visible to the public. Maybe with a job that kept him working alone or with a small group of people or driving a truck. Someone who spent his weekends at dark seedy bars, not out to large family events and frequent date nights with spouse and friends.

I’m not victim shaming, and from what we know so far his wife, children and extended family are also victims, but how did no one see the pics, video or hear the DTH and not be shocked that it’s him?? And sure some people might have had suspicions or been afraid but ALLLLLL of the people who interacted with him daily for the last 5 years? His name never came up publically, on SM, anywhere? I know we aren’t privy to what or who was reported but what a shame if he was and it took this long to get him.

I’m feeling a little deflated right now. Moo
If RMA really is only 5'3" or 5'4" (I've read both), you'd think the witness(es) would have mentioned that BG was very short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom