Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know for sure he has been charged with murder though do we? Is it possible he's been charged with luring? Or something CSAM related in connection with the girls? I'm asking because the police haven't said yet what the charges are - we are all hoping he is BG / the killer, but he just might not be. He may be a part of the puzzle, but he might not be *the* guy.... thoughts?

Booking process follows an arrest. So sounds like he has been arrested and booked in connection with the murders.
There should be a mug shot up soon ?

Just saw the news..... haven't commented but 1 or 2x in these threads but checked in whenever there was new developments etc.
Glad to find there may be some closure on this case. Part of me felt this day would never come. Like everyone else, anxious for Monday, but since they've always been relatively tight lipped about this case, I hope they're able to share some details of what led them to this guy and not simply "cannot comment due to ongoing investigation"

Gray Hughes did something like that, but used bridge measurements and flipped BG's image around to compare. I can't remember the exact height Gray said it could be, but it was quite short.
He said during his livestream today that he got it spot on.

I'm not subjecting myself to rewatching it to get the timestamp.

I may be the only person on here who is unsure about this arrest, maybe LE just want to get everything set up for Monday when they make the announcement, but we live in a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day news cycle, so why wait till Monday,

I hope we learn his charges soon; he is at present being held in jail, so that says no bond was set when he was charged, I am assuming he was charged,

I really do hope today is the day though,
Re: waiting till Monday. There may be several reasons....preparations, availability of major investigators involved eg. Also, maybe allowing the family (wife and daughter) some time to process, arrange for support, relocate somewhere safe from media. Can't imagine what a shock this is to them.

Here in UK you can be arrested on suspicion of a crime but not charged until later (up to 3 days of questioning in most cases unless an extn is applied for via the Crown Prosecution Service).
I've read that this Chao has been arrested, but I don't read that he has been charged...
Is there a difference over there?
I just want to be sure that he is not about to be released without charge - as could happen here.
Sorry, I just need to be sure before I pop the champers....
Yeah, it's not like the UK in that regard. The fact that he's been arrested, moved to a state facility for his protection, and that a presser has been announced, makes it the safest bet in the world that he's going to ultimately be charged with murder.

Monday is going to be a huge day.
Cheers! Champers will be popped on Monday! My work diary has been cleared. I really hope this is it! Libby and Abby's story has touched me like few other crimes...

We don't know for sure he has been charged with murder though do we? Is it possible he's been charged with luring? Or something CSAM related in connection with the girls? I'm asking because the police haven't said yet what the charges are - we are all hoping he is BG / the killer, but he just might not be. He may be a part of the puzzle, but he might not be *the* guy.... thoughts?
Would they go to the trouble of a press conference though if he wasn't charged with murder ?

I thought about that. But if he’s not THE guy, I don’t think the family would be reacting the way they are. I think it would all be kept more quiet until they get him.

It seems to be true that RA is uniquely short for a man, and we do wish someone local had made a connection that he was BG, but IMO it's easy to see how he was overlooked.

As others have stated, most of us imagined someone who was overtly creepy, a loner, not a family man with a good job.

But that's why it took five years, I imagine. It just never clicked.

Edgar Allan Poe wrote a story called "The Purloined Letter." The gist of it is there was a search for a very damaging letter about a well-regarded woman. To hide it from the detectives who were searching for it, sawing apart tables and so on, she successfully hid it by putting it in plain sight but in a different envelope. It seemed too obvious and they never found it.

Hiding in plain sight, easy to overlook. I do remember LE said we would be surprised. They've probably had him on their radar for some time and made the arrest when they had enough proof.

Wow, what a day! I am in disbelief that finally an arrest has happened for the precious adventurous girls. Like a few of you, I don’t see a striking resemblance to the sketches. Despite a goatee, he just looks so average dude to me.

Browsing photos, he does look angry, and disengaged to me. The Heavy article linked above had some helpful info. It will be so very interesting to learn if maybe his family had questions?

I have not been on the KK train at all, but who knows? This could be bigger than just Allen. And perhaps the possibility of others involved could explain why no press conference until Monday. Or authorities are simply making sure all those who worked so diligently can actually attend this big moment.

Lots of love to the families, and all who have held this case dear to their hearts.

I may be the only person on here who is unsure about this arrest, maybe LE just want to get everything set up for Monday when they make the announcement, but we live in a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day news cycle, so why wait till Monday,

I hope we learn his charges soon; he is at present being held in jail, so that says no bond was set when he was charged, I am assuming he was charged,

I really do hope today is the day though,
You are not the only unsure person. But I'm wondering if LE has a bunch of evidence and the suspect became aware and also became a flight risk. Surely LE could not have obtained an arrest warrant without sufficient evidence, right?

Having said that, I can only imagine what the suspect's family is going through right now.

Here in UK you can be arrested on suspicion of a crime but not charged until later (up to 3 days of questioning in most cases unless an extn is applied for via the Crown Prosecution Service).
I've read that this Chao has been arrested, but I don't read that he has been charged...
Is there a difference over there?
I just want to be sure that he is not about to be released without charge - as could happen here.
Sorry, I just need to be sure before I pop the champers....

Cheers! Champers will be popped on Monday! My work diary has been cleared. I really hope this is it! Libby and Abby's story has touched me like few other crimes...
It’s 24 hours here in the UK unless a judge extends, and they’ll only usually do that in exceptional circumstances. And I’m glad that’s the case; police zealousness shouldn’t trump basic rights.

Would they go to the trouble of a press conference though if he wasn't charged with murder ?
Sure - they know that everyone and their brother is watching the arrests page for anything possibly related to this case - they possibly decided they should announce press conference to update before people made wild allegations against everyone in town. I'm not sure though at BP (LG's gran) seems to say Today IS the Day on her social media... so what do I know?

I https://www.wthr.com/article/news/crime/delphi-girls-murdered/isp-update-expected-delphi-abby-williams-libby-german/531-00199aa8-1751-4271-8d7d-0539813ba8c1

Indiana State Police will give a news conference announcing an arrest in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German, police told 13News.

Police sources confirm to 13News that a man named Richard Allen is in custody. Police would not release any additional details on Allen, saying more information would be made available during Monday's 10 a.m. news conference.
……
The state police advisory said the news conference will include officials from State Police, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, the Carroll County Prosecutor's Office and the U.S. Marshals Service.
……
ISP Superintendent Doug Carter spoke with 13News about the investigation in February 2022. He told 13News he still had great confidence that the case would be wrapping up soon.

"Eventually, I'll be able to tell the world what we know, and the rest of the group will be able to tell the world what we know. Unfortunately, I can't right now," Carter said.

Agreed, I’m just replying to why they (media outlets) haven’t said he’s been charged yet, I’m sure it’s coming, just can take a few days.
The fact LE is delaying Press Conference has me baffled considering the amount of attention in the podcast and social media world. Plus, where’s local witnesses describing serving of search warrants. I worked corporate law and I’ve been away from that area for a while so I’m tossing out theories, I wonder if possibly Grand Jury is required or if it will be under Federal Jurisdiction due to kidnapping having occurred on former RR bridge or some connection with Death Penalty. It’s likely much simpler, LE have intentionally chosen not to release any details on charges to allow family time to process and for LE to focus attention on interviewing him and those within his inner circle. I feel strongly they had all the answers prior to them taking him into custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom