Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really surprised, shocked almost that an arrest was made. But then I think back at the beginning and it did appear like the case would be solved very quickly because of the location. Then as the years went by, it seemed like police were on the wrong track. It turns out they were not.

What is truly amazing is how this person was able to blend in for so many years in Delphi, and he worked in a place where people knew him.

But then again, that picture was always so grainy that no one was ever going to identify the person with the picture alone.

I have to admit I always thought it was a truck driver who came from the outside into Delphi to commit the crime. When you are wrong, you're wrong. I am glad the families got an arrest. It does not happen sometimes for a long time(in other cases). For this case, it looks like today is the day.

MOD NOTE:

After further review, sleuthing of RMA’s reported alias will be allowed. The information can be found here, at Law & Crime, which is an approved source.

Be mindful of the rules of this site, as always. If you’re unsure of a source or validity of information you’ve discovered, ask one of the staff. We’re happy to help!

Thanks,
Mad

RE: Alias, Craigh Ross Rentfrow

There are several drug charges and more.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

I don't have a MSM link yet, but that is not the same person as this suspect for case.
I was going off the link in the post @MadMcGoo posted.

I don't have a MSM link yet, but that is not the same person as this suspect for case.
I agree 100% that is a real person with that name and he is not RA. I believe RA took that man’s name for himself. That is also upsetting, because RA was impersonating a living, real person to hide himself. Only makes sense RA would do that to cover up something he was doing, possibly online. JMOO

I honestly believe Liberty's action in videoing that moment was what ultimately solved this crime. What made this crime so shocking was the video and the audio clip. It generated a ton of media and it resulted in a massive online following. That video is what this such a high profile crime. With that notoriety came the public interest. And public pressure on LE.

I doubt LE would've continued to vigorously pursue this case for as long as they have if there wasn't so much public interest. Look at poor Lyric and Elizabeth... an equally horrible crime... But it never made it to the public conciousness as much as this one. And I don't think LE is actively looking at their case, day after day, year after year.

I agree 100% that is a real person with that name and he is not RA. I believe RA took that man’s name for himself. That is also upsetting, because RA was impersonating a living, real person to hide himself. Only makes sense RA would do that to cover up something he was doing, possibly online. JMOO
I believe this is incorrect. A different Richard Allen used that alias, as posted above.

"Im confused on where he would keep the items of clothing from one of the girls with a family in the house."

locked tool box, garage, box in the attic, car trunk, shoe box... back of his sock drawer ...
I would be shocked if he held on to anything. Wouldn’t you think he would gave gotten rid of any evidence as soon as he could? I understand the whole “trophy” thing for killers, but with all the heat I can’t imagine he would be so stupid. Stranger things, I guess. JMO

So what do we think ? He burned trophy clothing? His own bloody clothes or a weapon? I’m astonished this has come together like it has
JMO

I think he would have gotten rid of his bloody clothing within hours of committing this crime. He could have doused them with gasoline and burned them in the burn pit.

As to trophies, he may burned those recently.

From what I've seen in rural areas, people had burn barrels on their property. He may have buried previously-burned ashes and refuse in his back yard somewhere.

Which might explain any digging on his property by LE.

JMVHO.

I'm more confused by there not being a prior criminal record here. I can't ever remember a man his age, committing a crime like this.

Usually there's a build up to it; people don't wake up one day and become double child killers.

I fully expected arrests for drugs and sex offenses, and not an apparent family man with a steady job.

I'm stunned, and actually a bit rattled. He broke the mold.
Keep in mind, he has been arrested, not convicted. The police have been wrong before.

Keep in mind, he has been arrested, not convicted. The police have been wrong before.
Sure, but I can't fathom it in a case like this.

If this was one of the guys we'd heard about before, then I'd be more open to that. This guy came out of nowhere, and there's got to be something solid that led to that.

I think there's strong DNA and/or digital evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper