Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #149

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only 10 days until KAK's next pretrial conference, then a final conference in Dec, before the jury trial in January. I would be surprised if a plea agreement isn't reached in the next 2 months, but sometimes the defendant holds out until jury selection begins. If KAK chances going to a jury trial, there will no mention of the Delphi murders.
If some, as of yet undisclosed, evidence involves him in the murders, perhaps the state will ask for a continuance of his current trial schedule. If the state continues the trial, that does not make it a fact that there is a murder charge in the works.

The process of filing a murder charge and having it brought to trial is lengthy, it cannot suddenly be just tacked onto a different case in a different jurisdiction. The murder wasn't even in the same county as the KAK's other (non-federal) charges.
Legitimate question because I just don't know much about police or court procedure:

If LE did have the evidence and were ready to charge KAK with something related to Delphi, and since he's already incarcerated and off the streets, might they wait to charge him until after the CSAM trial, so as not to influence a jury?

Just curious what you & others think might be a "good deal" for KAK?
The answer, in my opinion, is the same if talking about anyone, not just KAK. IF he was directly involved in the murders, I agree with Ozoner, death penalty.
Not important what would be a "good deal", only interested with the highest level felony that can be successfully prosecuted, for someone involved but not a participant in the murders.

Legitimate question because I just don't know much about police or court procedure:

If LE did have the evidence and were ready to charge KAK with something related to Delphi, and since he's already incarcerated and off the streets, might they wait to charge him until after the CSAM trial, so as not to influence a jury?
Certainly, and yes to not cause/risk an expensive out-of-area trial or a dismissal. And there is no rush to file anything.
But "related to Delphi" is so broad, if it is a lesser felony, maybe something can be negotiated for, including a plea in CSAM, but if there is strong evidence for a murder charge, I don't see a plea for a lesser charge. Not on these murders especially.
The best plan, to guarantee KAK is kept incarcerated, is for the prosecution to offer a plea agreement for the current case or proceed with the trial and say absolutely nothing of Delphi, whether he is actually involved in the murders or not.

snipped for emphasis: "
I'm certain nothing will be offered in the Delphi case unless the investigators think that he was only an accomplice with no direct involvement in the murders."
OZONER "If" KAK arranged the meeting, ie lured two girls using the false electronic identity of A_S, pointed out/verified identity of the girls to the killer, has photos of the crime scene, lied to investigators for 5 years, and knew the location of physical evidence/weapons involved in the crime.....
Just curious what you & others think might be a "good deal" for KAK? My only WS experience to compare was the murder of beautiful Dr. Teresa Sievers. (RIP beautiful Mother) For the record, because of the young age of the girls, I want the harshest deal possible. (Hard labor, reduced rations, cold prison and a really disgusting cellmate, if possible.)
If he knew that the girls were going to be killed, then he should not be offered any deal.
If he did not know that the girls were going to be killed, then taking the death penalty off the table and offering him life in prison with the possibility of parole after 50 years would be reasonable, IMO.

If he knew that the girls were going to be killed, then he should not be offered any deal.
If he did not know that the girls were going to be killed, then taking the death penalty off the table and offering him life in prison with the possibility of parole after 50 years would be reasonable, IMO.
OZONER ..I LOVED YOUR POST!! (just wanted to make it show up on forum again.)

"LG and AW are presumed to have made contact with the unknown male at approximately 2:13pm based upon analysis of LG's cell phone, which recorded the video."
THAT I don't understand? "Made contact" can't mean, the girls or Libby videoed the BG. Did the girls/Libby try to call a person at 2:13pm??

THAT I don't understand? "Made contact" can't mean, the girls or Libby videoed the BG. Did the girls/Libby try to call a person at 2:13pm??
"Made contact" in police jargon can mean almost anything--electronic contact, email/text/phone call, meeting face to face, shouting at each other across the ravine--I mean, probably not the last one, but it's a very general term that just means there was some connection. So yes, it could mean the video we already know about, or something else. The times never have matched up completely.

A deal in terms of the justice system only means that the case doesn't go to trial, not that the defendant is getting the a better outcome. They may frame it as a traditional barter, but the truth is that most states with the death penalty only really use it as a threat so that defendants take their offer- "you'll get life in prison, but we won't kill you."

A deal also removes the possibility of all the horrible details being made public. The families and friends don't have to be further traumatized through testimony, pictures and the horrible truths of the murder. In the case of Jayme Closs, they did not charge the perpetrator with the any of the assault charges against her. They knew they had enough with the murders and kidnapping and they didn't want to put her through the trauma of publicizing her assault(s).

all that happened so far in my books is a possibility of a false confession /kak sending le on wild goose chase with MS apparently confirming NOTHING was found in the river
it seems evansdale murders did go through a false confession but le there knew how to figure it out fast

Missed this. How does MS know if something was found in the river or not?
this was revealed at the live that they were hosted on...how do they know ?
well they claim they have the source thats bringing them all of this info you all discussing

Missed this. How does MS know if something was found in the river or not?
This wasn't exactly how it was stated in that interview. They said something along the lines of the murder weapon was not found in the river search, but that something that supported KAK's story might have been. That could be interpreted in different ways, imo. Then they said nothing usable (they had a specific word, but I can't find the interview at the moment) was found in the fire pit search/dig, but added that forensic work would still be in progress processing any items that were found. And they pointed out it had been over 5 years since these things supposedly took place.

If anything was indeed found that corroborated a story KAK gave to LE, it would be significant, imo. I think LE officers have dealt with plenty of liars before, so they know what KAK is. Most likely, if there is a deal on the table, LE is not just wagering on KAK's unsubstantiated word.

You know, KAK swore up and down for over five years that he had nothing to do with the Delphi murders. He reiterated that to BMcD in her jailhouse interview back in December when the a_shots stuff first came out. Then, everyone was pointing out what a liar he was, so he must have been lying about his innocence.

Now that he's supposedly cooperating and confessing some sort of involvement, behind closed doors via his lawyer, he's suddenly a liar about his guilt. Which is it?

I understand false confessions and trying to do whatever it takes to make a deal, but I would find it surprising if suddenly KAK had a change of heart and decided to confess to something he wasn't truly involved with, and that LE would even listen to his BS if he couldn't offer them pertinent details which they have withheld from the public for this very reason. Jmo.

I'm sure there are lies interwoven into everything he says, but is he lying about his innocence, or his guilt?

the only thing i can think of when i see KAK is how could he be so sure that bridge would hold him....he's a big guy! I'm not sure i'd have the confidence to walk there if i were that size

appreciate i've never been there to see the place up close though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member