Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s likely he wouldn’t have recognized those witnesses again if he had seen them on the bridge. He was likely preoccupied with his mission. And people are varied in their facial recognition ability, especially in a different context. I doubt I’d recognize the medical assistant at my doctor’s office if I saw her at the grocery store. But my husband, who is almost in the “super recognizer” category very likely would. If RA was average, he likely wouldn’t be nervous or jittery if he saw them again because he wouldn’t recognize them. JMO

Prozopagnosia, facial blindness.

I passed the test on facial blindness, I don’t have good memory on faces, though, but I am a good recognizer of patterns. Sometimes I can find out human secrets (thirty years after the fact: she thinks this guy is good-looking and smart, and he slightly resembles her coworker. Does it mean she was in love with the guy?)

In this case, patterns do not work, as BG was wearing longer jeans, optically changing proportions of his body. Plus, his type of face is common for Northwestern Europe, and he really would stand out only by his height, which is a thing some people gage well, some don’t.

Something Tricia talked about (I’m new to this case, apologies if this has been discussed) The crime scene was staged/posed and there were supposedly “signature” pieces of evidence, supposedly both signs of a serial killer - How would he know to do that? Maybe he has killed before.

MOO
A signature is just an aspect or aspects of a crime that is completely unique to the perpetrator or preprators and not shared by others. It just means law enforcement saw something that was unique. I think she may be referring to the idea signatures can evolve over time. But if you only have one crime, I am not sure something unique can tell you anything about whether another crime occurred. Every murderer has their first and signatures come out of people's heads, fantasies and things they've heard and seen -- not just past killings.

Two examples cited by John Douglas in the "Crime Classification Manual" are a Michigan bank robber who required tellers to undress during the robbery so he could photograph them; and a rape case where the perpetrator forced the husband to return home and be humiliated by the event. There is a well-known case from the 1880s where the victims toes were staged and pointed west. Ted Bundy had multiple and complex signatures that varied from crime-to-crime.

re “career change” w pharm tech license…. at my CVS pharm techs are basically clerks just at the back register. AFAIK his employment at CVS could be longer / broader than the license record suggests on its own…. just speculating moo

Something Tricia talked about (I’m new to this case, apologies if this has been discussed) The crime scene was staged/posed and there were supposedly “signature” pieces of evidence, supposedly both signs of a serial killer - How would he know to do that? Maybe he has killed before.

MOO
Or he's someone who's admired other serial killers and copied what he'd read.

"A chilling photograph shows the man arrested in connection with the Delphi murders posing with his wife while sat in front of a police sketch of the killer.

The eerie photo shows Richard Allen, 50, smiling with his wife Kathy, while over his shoulder a police drawing of the man suspected of the 2017 murders is pinned to the wall.

Since Allen's arrest, it was also revealed that his home was less than two miles from the Delphi train bridge where Williams and German were last seen alive."

re “career change” w pharm tech license…. at my CVS pharm techs are basically clerks just at the back register. AFAIK his employment at CVS could be longer / broader than the license record suggests on its own…. just speculating moo

“The Pharmacy Technician position provides individuals with an opportunity to work in a leading retail pharmacy company and in a role that positively impacts the lives and health of others. You will work in an environment where the highest professional and ethical standards are maintained as well as full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. Pharmacy Technicians take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.

Success for incumbents in this role includes being able to manage all assigned pharmacy workstations and tasks to support the team’s ability to promptly, safely and accurately fill patient prescriptions all while providing caring service that exceeds customer expectations. If you like working in fast-paced environments and demonstrating compassionate, genuine care for patients and customers, this job is for you!”

BBM - this got me thinking of possibilities. Is it maybe that LE was rather public with the KAK talking to and then moving him from the jail one day and then back to the jail (I recall that info seeming to hit the media fairly quick so maybe that was intentional on LE part) So that move was designed to make whoever else had access to that Anthony Shots account panic thinking that KAK was talking. I am curious if they were tracking RA at that point already and when it was in the media about KAK being moved, RA decided to then dump some evidence. Maybe they have him being in the location of the river where they searched at some point after KAK was taken out of jail by state police? Then they spent that time searching there and still tracking RA to see if he did anything else. I've seen it said many times that maybe KAK lead them to the river, but maybe KAK didn't lead them there, maybe RA did because he was trying to dump things after he realized KAK might be talking or that LE might be on to him.
Additionally, perhaps a_shots was taken over by LE and used as a "honeypot" to lure in the creeps?

I am baffled by that some of the media world seemingly shocked he was photographed by his wanted photo. It was a tiny town with less than 3000 people in it so them posters would have literally been everywhere he went. No doubt they would have even been in the CVS he worked in. So I don’t understand how it’s shocking he ended up in a photo with one.

It’s like some of suggestions he should have moved away from the area. How would that conversation gone down with his family …

‘It’s absolutely Awful what happened to them young girls but on a totally unrelated matter lets move towns’

I can't understand why they would search and not take him into custody then. Why give him time to get rid of anything hidden, warn anyone else that may be involved, or take himself out? They know more than I do but for a department that has been hush hush, that would have certainly showed their hand to RA.
to rattle him so he makes a move that can be used against him most likely

Yes -- this is very tightly controlled, certainly in Canada and the UK. It takes a significant amount of cooperation and levels of fraud to make this happen, and I doubt it begins or ends with the pharmacy tech.

Disclaimer: I'm a doc, not a pharmacist.
Not at all. She just took them and sold them. So obviously something wasn’t being tracked and trust me she was no criminal mastermind. Stupid criminal maybe lol

Lest we forget how RI described the CS.

Dr. Oz Delphi Murders Video: Robert Ives Transcript - CrimeLights

But on the other hand, the crime is so… it’s impossible to think of a motivation for the crime. Generally [in the past] when you have a murder in rural Indiana, this is Carroll County, the motive was obvious, the suspect was obvious. And in this case the two girls were murdered, and as I’ve told people the crime scene is very unusual. It’s all very strange.

...as I’ve told people if you arrived at this crime scene where the girls’ bodies were found, there were three or four physical characteristics at the crime scene that you would absolutely take pictures of.

And I’m not certain of the exact significance of these things, but they are very unusual.

Delphi Murders 3 Signatures: Robert Ives Interview Transcript from 'Down the Hill' Podcast - CrimeLights

All I can say about the situation with Abby and Libby is that there was a lot more physical evidence than at that crime scene. And it’s probably not what you would imagine, or what people think that I’m talking about, it’s probably not. And so because of unique circumstances, which all unique circumstances of a crime are a sort-of ‘signature’, you think “Well, this unusual fact might lead to somebody, or that unusual fact might lead to somebody”

People ask me do I think it will be solved and I do think it’ll be solved, because it’s so odd and so unusual and people are so compelled to talk about the terrible things they do.

I am baffled by that some of the media world seemingly shocked he was photographed by his wanted photo. It was a tiny town with less than 3000 people in it so them posters would have literally been everywhere he went. No doubt they would have even been in the CVS he worked in. So I don’t understand how it’s shocking he ended up in a photo with one.

It’s like some of suggestions he should have moved away from the area. How would that conversation gone down with his family …

‘It’s absolutely Awful what happened to them young girls but on a totally unrelated matter lets move towns’
Oh, but what is really shocking is his brazen unconcerned attitude.

It is the 1st time I see (an alleged) murderer in front of his Police sketch smiling broadly in public o_O

Oh, but what is really shocking is his brazen unconcerned attitude.

It is the 1st time I see (an alleged) murderer in front of his Police sketch smiling broadly in public o_O

Yes but if his partner wanted to pose together then I guess he had no choice. He had to live his life without raising suspicion or he would have been caught a lot sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli