Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #151 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ppl say you dont wake up one day without any criminal history to commit a murder at 45
but this isnt some rule
many killers fantasize about something all their lives.. and when triggered by anything.. they decide to do it
its widely believed that the zodiac was in his 40s and that he only started then to be a SK

Yeah & also we live in a whole new world now…. maybe in the past many more evil men would’ve kicked off a murder career in their 40s if they had access to, EG just speculating, an online CSAM ring they could be in contact with secretly from whenever & wherever they wanted…. chance to discuss desire for victim & maybe discover someone will to help …. and/or home-cooked meth to turn man to beast …. all just speculating here JMO, no idea how this went down, just thinking of all the evil opportunities now at every man’s fingertips

I agree that this shock is BTK-like, about as shocking as it gets

THANK YOU! someone else finally said it.
I agree.
My bullcrap meter is going crazy.
I think this was a lucky break and they don't want the public to know. The emotional press conference was lacked professionalism from the TOP. I get that it's emotional and there's a time and place for that. And no doubt it was genuine by most. But it seemed like more of an attempt to manipulate public opinion on the job they've done so far. IMO.
DC seems way more concerned with how he looks to the public and way too defensive of thr publics perception of him. JMO. Most LEO are tough skinned and expect a lot of ridiculous scrutiny. And they handle it professionally. How many did we see get spat on and everything else in 20 and remained professional.?

Like i said before, with that kind of concern over how they are perceived, if this arrest was a culmination of their efforts over 5 years they woulda been braying about it and giving us at least tidbits.

IMO, They didnt release much info because quite frankly, I think they have just enough to get a charge. And that doesn't take much.

It could be why no other charges were made also, lack of evidence... or it could be they're just waiting to charge those.

This is all on the leadership. I think that's who dropped the ball.

I just wonder if someone frustrated inside the dept will start leaking.
lets put it this way
if this guy was caught by accident while the whole unites were directed in kak dirtection and an empty river search .. this will cause hell of critisim right ?
so better leave at ( open investigation )
open ending.. cliffhanger instead of exposing them

LETS also remember the elections is just around the corner and locals are suspeciouse

How did no one show up at CVS and be like, oh my God, BG is stocking the toilet paper??
Because it is not where one expects to see a killer. If anyone saw him walking the bridge or came upon him walking in the woods ( shudder) it would be different. CVS, a grocery store, the shopping mall all normalize individuals that are not " normal" JMO

That doesn't make any sense to me. A judge signed the arrest warrant and agreed on no bail. His attorney will be entitled to the information even if it is sealed. The information isn't sealed from the defense, just from the public. Whether the public thinks the evidence is sufficient or not matters 0% to the case.

The real reason is usually that it can be considered inflammatory and defense lawyers would argue you are trying the case in the media from day one. In run-of-the mill cases, the defense gets the evidence, both sides run their own tests and consult experts, and only at trial does the general public learn the facts of the case.

Much as I would, essentially, like to know the details, to understand the thinking pattern of these killers, I also know that there are so many sick mentalities, that someone might try to recreate it, with other kids. So, maybe certain details are better left unsaid.

Also, it there are others involved, quite understandable why it is sealed.

This is just based on my own opinions after hearing that presser. I got the impression they are strong in their belief about the evidence they currently have on RA regarding the actual murders of Abby and Libby. But I also think another reason they are not releasing more info and why they're not releasing the affadavit etc is I think they do think there are other players involved in this situation in some way.

Whether they were directly involved in the murders or involved in the planning/getaway/cover up etc, if LE were to release too much info right now not only could it jeopardise the conviction but if they are waiting for other tips to see what other people may be involved and potentially make other arrests, by showing any of their trump cards right now they could put that all at risk.
MOO
This might have taken them by surprise. They need time to see if their pieces fit the new pieces presented by Richard Allen being the or a murder.
MOO And where the info that prompted the recent searches is being protected.

That doesn't make any sense to me. A judge signed the arrest warrant and agreed on no bail. His attorney will be entitled to the information even if it is sealed. The information isn't sealed from the defense, just from the public. Whether the public thinks the evidence is sufficient or not matters 0% to the case.

The real reason is usually that it can be considered inflammatory and defense lawyers would argue you are trying the case in the media from day one. In run-of-the mill cases, the defense gets the evidence, both sides run their own tests and consult experts, and only at trial does the general public learn the facts of the case.
It could create potential juror bias, i imagine.

Taken into custody at Lafayette ISP. Wonder why he was already in Lafayette? On the run? Surrendered there with a lawyer? Is that the nearest ISP barracks? Picked up and detained earlier before formal arrest?
I'd like to know how long the warrant was effective for that allowed LE to search his home / fire pit and take his vehicle? Maybe he had to stay somewhere else during the execution of the warrant?

Interesting! That was exactly how I saw the drivers license pic that’s been available all weekend … but in this I see the defiance flagging & he looks like he’s trying not to cry
Interesting! That was exactly how I saw the drivers license pic that’s been available all weekend … but in this I see the defiance flagging & he looks like he’s trying not to cry…
My Indiana drivers license is similar. I look like a mad person. I wasn’t allowed to smile band had to look down a little. We all look like booking pics!

His mug shot looks like the BG video (except for the addition of that ugly long beard). imo
Oh geesh...I feel ya.' (Squeamishly I just want to grab it and yank it really hard.) Is that a tough guy look or something? (Evil gnome look is in, I guess.)
Overall, the presser was as I expected......Except (here it comes) when:
The reporter asked (paraphrasing), "After almost 6 years and multistate investigations how does it feel to find the guy you wanted working right down the street from your offices?"
Prosecutor response: "Well, that's a tough one."
Press conference over!!
I get it. It was an uncomfortable question. I'm sure investigators wanted more positive acknowledgment based on the ultimate result, not the twists, turns and issues with the long investigation.
I love reading all your comments and the links. It makes me feel better knowing there are so many kind and caring people willing to share their knowledge, information, insight and emotions (anger, joy, frustration, sadness....) It wouldn't be normal not to have them.
Thank you LE, you got the bad guy.
PS.... The elephant not in the room? The FBI? Not succeeding in retrieving the gas station video? Of course my question is purely speculative.

View attachment 376946

How would you describe the emotion he's projecting? I'm seeing defiance, anger, almost like he's challenging the photographer to FAFO. Certainly not remorse or guilt.

He looks fearful, perhaps also a little sulky looking over the fact he went almost 6 years undetected and thought he’d get to live the rest of his life getting away with this horrific crime.

ppl say you dont wake up one day without any criminal history to commit a murder at 45
but this isnt some rule
many killers fantasize about something all their lives.. and when triggered by anything.. they decide to do it
its widely believed that the zodiac was in his 40s and that he only started then to be a SK

Here in the UK the most famous examples I can think of is the Cannock Chase murders. Killed and sexually assaulted 3 girls between the ages of 5-7 and was aged 36 at the time of the 1st. Also the Ipswich serial murders, murdered 5 sex workers in the space of 2 months while aged 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14