IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they aren't the same. The guy from interview I thought had a last name that started with L. And the person whose house was searched starts with an M. JMO
I agree. What you are talking about is different than the search they are doing right now.
I'm very late to this breaking case, so, forgive me for duplicating this info if already posted.

It's extremely relevant, so, I'm posting for others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That was similar to lighting a $50 bottle rocket that fizzled and died right on the launch pad.

I don't believe - am looking again for the link to MSM - I do not believe that photo circulating is even a POI.

Could anyone clarify and link to where that is a fact - that the man with the pouch is a POI?

Also - why did this case not qualify for an amber alert? There was quite a delay in the timeline of events.

The man in the photo was listed as a POI in the bulletin posted by LE upthread. Did not qualify for Amber Alert because you need information on a potential kidnapper to get it issued.

I don't believe - am looking again for the link to MSM - I do not believe that photo circulating is even a POI.

Could anyone clarify and link to where that is a fact - that the man with the pouch is a POI?

Also - why did this case not qualify for an amber alert? There was quite a delay in the timeline of events.

On thread 1 there was an article posted about why, even if they qualified for AA, it would not have helped. IMO it didn't qualify for one as there was no known abduction or car related. AA's have very strict guidelines.

Yes. I agree. I must say though, that there is an incredibly complex amount of networking involved in the apps kids have today. My daughter is in middle school. I am so crushed by this case, takes my breath away thinking of the fear and pain.... Makes me re-think all my strategies for keeping my child safe as possible, without retarding her development...

All her social media messages scroll across the top of MY cell phone as they happen. Even so, it is like a full time job studying her account(s). So many of her school friends, Skype and face-time, and often these accounts are linked to other accounts, and shared, and re-tweeted, posted by friends who's accounts may be linked to others I can't possibly know!

What info about a child that get inadvertently made available, and every person who might see it, is so dizzying trying to determine! It's like a never ending vine with tendrils that reach far beyond what we can even conceive of, or the kids themselves might be aware of...

I usually feel reassured that my child has a phone. She can have a way to contact help if she ever should need it, it teaches me a great deal about her school friends, lets me into the world of her art and writing forums, and she has developed a marvelous network of virtual friendships that are precious and invaluable to her. I am trying to teach the precautions that are second nature to me, in the virtual world. But heartbreaking cases such as this one, leave me so very uneasy.

I don't believe it's even possible, to know every "friend","contact", "fan", "follower", "lurker" who sees "something" about a child, via other people she interacts with online. So it not always going to be a case of negligence or a lack of vigilance that will result in harm.

The internet is a double edged sword for sure.

I understand completely. I felt that way too when mine were young, and that was when it was much less complex. My kids are 24 and 28, so they were just at the very start of these online 'miracles.'

I have no idea how I would try and sneak my way on to the new apps these kids use now. I agree with you that they have wonderful upsides to them. It is amazing what kids can do and what they can learn about and the positive relationships they can build.

But then we see cases like this and it is heartstopping...:sigh:

That was similar to lighting a $20 bottle rocket that fizzled and died right on the launch pad.

Yeah, I don't think they realize how quickly social media picks this stuff up. But you would think that they had something other than a fuzzy photo to get a search warrant, no? smh and very confused.

State police have been there since day one. I heard FBI but don't remember where I read that so ignore it, because I don't have a link and I'm not going looking for one. However, I do believe that bringing in the FBI because these were children is pretty standard.

In the report on GMA this morning they said the FBI is involved with the investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering if there has been any question concerning the gender of the person in the photo?
rbbm.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/16/search-clues-continues-delphi-killings/97986254/
Police would like to question the person in the photo: a man or woman in light blue jeans and a dark blue jacket, his or her face obscured with a hat and scarf, who was reportedly walking Delphi's trail system when 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams went missing.

Now investigators are asking for the public's help to identify the individual.
For many residents in the small Indiana town, finding the person in the picture could be the difference between justice and tragedy, safety and fear.

"Right now (the person) is not a suspect," Riley said at Delphi's municipal building. "We just know he was on the trail, and we want to know what he saw."

I'm not aware there has been an arrest. Do you have a link?

No I said "if" they've got the right guy. Meaning where they have served the search warrant. Sorry if that wasn't clear

Y'all are fast!!! I was racing to catch up! And can I just say that I still don't agree with the "community is not in danger" type thing. Under every single circumstance in this situation, there is a person who successfully murdered 2 little girls! And then left. There is someone extremely dangerous out there. I don't care if he was 8 or 80, met them online or watched them in the woods. He is more than dangerous. All it does is minimize the crime against these girls, to me.

Rumor has it this search warrant is for the property that the girls were found.

Different property. Several miles from where the girls were found I believe.

Of course it was on Broadcastify....but it was announced that a man turned himself in

On thread 1 there was an article posted about why, even if they qualified for AA, it would not have helped. IMO it didn't qualify for one as there was no known abduction or car related. AA's have very strict guidelines.

http://www.wpta21.com/story/34521834/no-amber-alert-issued-for-missing-delphi-girls-heres-why
[h=3]No AMBER Alert issued for missing Delphi girls; Here's why[/h]
The decision to issue an AMBER Alert is made on a state level, but with strong guidance from the U.S. Department of Justice. It provides a set of recommendations for use in making that decision. They include:

• Confirmation of an actual abduction
  • Known risk of serious injury or death
  • Specific description of the missing child and the potential abductor
  • And an age of no more than 17 years

I just read at another spot of an arrest. Anyone else seeing that?

Sorry about the above post...I should have read back, they are at the house oif a man we heard from yesterday talking about how his son played in that creek, and that it was a different time...I am not gonna post his name, but it is a jc news article

I believe the man whose son played by the creek was the property owner. Not the same man people are suspecting to be at the house searched tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela