IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I've been following along here and also am a part of the FB group. That group is nuts. Someone named a man as having been arrested, everyone on there is digging up the Facebook profiles of the entire family, the profiles have been deleted... it's horrible. I don't get what they think they're doing other than terrorizing a man who hasn't been named by LE and his entire family. It's disgusting. I tried to participate in that thread and remind people to slow down and think, and I was actually insulted. Jeeeeebers.

Back to the discussion of who took the picture of the POI, I believe it was a surveillance camera. In Michigan we have them along a lot of our trails and unless you are looking you would not even see them. A great example of this is shown in this link NOTE this only shows surveillance camera usage on a Michigan trail. It has nothing to do with this case except to show an example of a surveillance camera as it being used. These photos were just taken this week in hopes of identifying vandals

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170215/paint-creek-trail-vandalism-suspects-identified

Hopefully it is ok I posted this. This is my 1st post

The link was posted several times but an LE document states the pics are stills from a "video camera in the area". So, you could be correct about this. The view shows the camera pointing at a downward angle much higher than the height of the unknown man so it stands to reason the camera may be mounted on something.

I'm guessing a local saw the picture of the guy on the bridge and called the police to say he looked a lot like JM. LE arrived at JMs house with warrants and finally decided he's not the killer, even if he may have been the guy on the bridge. Which, sadly, puts us at square one with no POI that we know of.

If you're right, I'm very discouraged because I really felt like the demeanor and very measured/calculated responses by LE at the press conference pointed to them really knowing who the perpetrator was :(.

Back to the discussion of who took the picture of the POI, I believe it was a surveillance camera. In Michigan we have them along a lot of our trails and unless you are looking you would not even see them. A great example of this is shown in this link NOTE this only shows surveillance camera usage on a Michigan trail. It has nothing to do with this case except to show an example of a surveillance camera as it being used. These photos were just taken this week in hopes of identifying vandals

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170215/paint-creek-trail-vandalism-suspects-identified

:welcome4: :greetings:

How do you serve a warrant and do a thorough search of anything in about 6 minutes? (or however long, but it wasn't too long!)
On edge with lots of pressure and little experience.

Jmo

If you're right, I'm very discouraged because I really felt like the demeanor and very measured/calculated responses by LE at the press conference pointed to them really knowing who the perpetrator was :(.

Not only do I feel sorrow for the families of these girls, I feel it also for the local LE. While I'm sure they are dedicated to their calling, the fact is, they are completely out of their league when it comes to a case like this because cases like this simply do not happen in these small communities so the LE there simply do not have the experience or the expertise to handle them. I've read the FBI is also assisting and this a good thing. This community needs all hands on deck to bring justice for the families of these girls.

You'll see unrelated content like that all the time. If the source site ran another story with another pic - completely unrelated - sometimes the unrelated pic comes up. I learned that years ago when I googled someone's name and a fat dude in a speedo came up. It was kind of hilarious but the person I googled wasn't all that impressed. I've googled my own name and the same things happen. This is why "safe search" is a blessing. :)

It freaked me ot a little. Thanks for explaining.
from Another Ontario Mom.

Not only do I feel sorrow for the families of these girls, I feel it also for the local LE. While I'm sure they are dedicated to their calling, the fact is, they are completely out of their league when it comes to a case like this because cases like this simply do not happen in these small communities so the LE there simply do not have the experience or the expertise to handle them. I've read the FBI is also assisting and this a good thing. This community needs all hands on deck to bring justice for the families of these girls.

Indiana State Police is probably the lead agency on this case.

I just unjoined the FB group....waiting for someone on there to notice it and start putting a case together against me....:facepalm:

Welcome to the group, abeaman02! Good first post.

I just don't think it was a trail cam, since they were found on private property. When the owner was interviewed, no one commented about having cameras anywhere. I have wondered if by chance the girls innocently captured the pics and posted them on Snapchat with their other photos, or may have had them on their recovered phones. The other possibility is another walker in the area --- but why keep that secret?

Ahh I missed the part about it being on private property so if that was the case then I agree with you

There have been many claims that a person was arrested or a person turned humself in, but nothing has been confirmed. Even Kokomo scanner FB posted it was an unconfirmed report, and then they reposted they were asked to remove it until there is confirmation.

We may know something if a local is able to watch the news tonight.
http://wlfi.com/ is planning an update on their 11:00 pm news

Dang! It's not just that FB group - which I won't go anywhere near! - but msm news sites too: WTHR's FB has people posting that someone's been arrested as of just a few minutes ago. I have two msm Twitter pages open - I figure any breaking news will show up there first. So far nothing. What does that tell us? That there is not breaking news right now.

I'll keep following but man, it's a little scary that the rumors are flying so fast and furious. I'm glad this isn't happening in my little town...

https://twitter.com/rtv6
https://twitter.com/WTHRcom

Just an FYI ... any jconline articles most of us will not be able to read without a subscription. I keep getting a notice I have read all my complimentary pages and need to subscribe. poo!

Thanks for the recap of the article.

If you clean your cookies that should take care of it.

Things I would love to know,1 did they recover the girls phones and get any pictures of them or text,2 was there any DNA on the girls, well there is a ton more I would like to know but will start there.

Search warrant served; no arrests in killings

Riley said police interviewed a person and served the warrant at his home looking for information about Monday's killings of Liberty German and Abigail Williams, but police did not recover anything.

This leaves police back in the same shape they were in before they had the warrant, Riley said. But police have streamlined the way people can provide police with leads about the case.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/16/police-create-tip-line-delphi-killings/98015212/

I just unjoined the FB group....waiting for someone on there to notice it and start putting a case together against me....:facepalm:

*yikes* they might start a riot and post screenshots!

I've been on there it's like another dimension really. I needed a shot after reading it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

I'm not sure I believe this is the end of this particular search warrant expedition, though. What did they take? Did they take any computers, for instance? Did they take anything??? If so, evidence would still have to be analyzed before an arrest could be made, correct? LE hasn't said this person is completely cleared just because an arrest was not made TONIGHT. Something brought them to that house.

I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this. I know a warrant can be executed to collect a DNA swab, is that warrant referred to as a "search" warrant? I'm hoping there were able to collect DNA evidence during autopsy. I want them to find this monster so badly!!!

On Primetime Justice, Sgt. Riley would not comment on how they got the photos of the man. He would not confirm or deny that there are trail cameras. He also wouldn't comment on the girls' phones at all. He said he didn't want to compromise the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV