IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. I totally agree. It is exhausting when threads go off on explosive tangents based on boundless rumors and gossip. I need a nap, a shower and a stiff drink after reading some of the other groups.

Me too!! I was just on a fb group page created to "discuss" the case and was absolutely horrified!! They are posting names, pictures and addresses of random people that "kinda look like" the hiker photo guy (who honestly looks like everyone because it's a bad pic). They even took his photo and posted random sex offended photos next to it and said it looks like him. They are researching property records, associating names, scouring fb pages to look for possible connections. Heck just a first name seems to do with some of the connections. I've heard that the guy with the search warrant is dead, barricaded in his home, is an active shooter, turned himself in and was also arrested. Even kids of connections are not safe. I told my husband this is all so very interesting because we live in this technologically advanced and civilized society, but the things I am reading there are identical to a witch hunt from the 1500's.

Nope. Not by LE or by MSM. CLARIFICATION:

The man walking on the bridge has in fact been called a POI. No one else has (yet) been named as one or a suspect. That's SM rumor going wild & sleuthing the family connected to the address where the search warrant was served. Something we don't do here. Because we're awesome like that. :)

True. He could have just been hiking and minding his own business, and LE wants to talk to him.

[ However, if he is local, I wonder why he didn't go to LE immediately when he heard about the girls bodies being found? Wouldn't he want to tell them what cars he saw inn the lot, who else he saw out there that day?]

Me too!! I was just on a fb group page created to "discuss" the case and was absolutely horrified!! They are posting names, pictures and addresses of random people that "kinda look like" the hiker photo guy (who honestly looks like everyone because it's a bad pic). They even took his photo and posted random sex offended photos next to it and said it looks like him. They are researching property records, associating names, scouring fb pages to look for possible connections. Heck just a first name seems to do with some of the connections. I've heard that the guy with the search warrant is dead, barricaded in his home, is an active shooter, turned himself in and was also arrested. Even kids of connections are not safe. I told my husband this is all so very interesting because we live in this technologically advanced and civilized society, but the things I am reading there are identical to a witch hunt from the 1500's.

I've read all the same stuff. He was probably also the second shooter on the grassy knoll. It's SM, and that's what happens. All the more reason to be thankful for WS where most of us, most of the time (every once in a while we get a spanking and totally deserve it) restrain ourselves from going down the gossip rabbit hole. Always better to stick with known facts. And have mods that will enforce it. :)

And no one in law enforcement has even called the guy in the picture a suspect!

I've been following this thread since the beginning, although I haven't posted until now. I believe I found the location of the house that is being searched.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/16/police-on-scene-serving-warrant-at-delphi-home/
View attachment 110189

View attachment 110190

That view is from google street view from October 2009. My first thought was it isn't the location due to the fact there is no house in this view, but being it was 7 1/2 years ago, could one have been built since 2009?

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.569...m4!1sbm3jtvGBEoEI7xbNq2zF0Q!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.569239!4d-86.732763

The pic that group is posting seems so way off from the pic of the man on the railroad ties. I'm not seeing a match, not even a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. He could have just been hiking and minding his own business, and LE wants to talk to him.

[ However, if he is local, I wonder why he didn't go to LE immediately when he heard about the girls bodies being found? Wouldn't he want to tell them what cars he saw inn the lot, who else he saw out there that day?]
unless he is guilty

DNA....I'm just hoping that whoever did this left plenty and that this is going to put him/them away. JMO, but I feel this is going to be the key to the arrest.

Depending on how often he's on social media or even watches the news (not everyone is on, 24/7), he may have not even heard a word about the investigation. He may have a head-cold. Had an out of town business meeting or family event... I could probably list a hundred reasons. I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. I'm kind of a sap that way.

Omg. So glad I didn't go through the trouble of creating a fake Facebook page. It sounds like it's totally out of hand. Sad.

How do you serve a warrant and do a thorough search of anything in about 6 minutes? (or however long, but it wasn't too long!)

You don't.

What makes you think they were there only 6 minutes? :dunno:

The article talks about him being interviewed and the search warrant being executed, search being done, etc.

And everything else article and MSM wise also indicated them being there for quite a very long time.

This discusses the large presence (and multiple photos released clearly show a considerable time lapse given the lighting in the background of photos)

State police had a large presence at the home on Bicycle Bridge Road Thursday evening.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...at-delphi-home-in-connection-to-teens-murders

And this article mentions even after the large group of investigators left around 8 pm (long after initial reports of the SW being executed came out - and clearly after early photos of them there were posted when it was much, much before 8 pm) there were still other investigators there at the time the article was written.

Plus it talks about the extent of agencies there.

They don't bring that degree of resources out for 6 minutes. :no:

A News 18 crew at the scene reports a majority of investigators left the scene just before 8 p.m. A few investigators still remain at the house.

Through the early evening, investigators could be seen gathering evidence and taking pictures of the property. At it’s height, State Police, the FBI and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office were on scene.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/16/police-on-scene-serving-warrant-at-delphi-home/

Absolutely all indications I've seen online was investigators were there for quite a long time.

The above mentions "through early evening" and still having investigators on scene after 8 pm. That alone would indicate multiple hours, IMO.

I've seen nothing whatsoever indicating it was brief - and certainly nothing indicating 6 minutes.

So not sure where you got that time or any inference it was so brief? :thinking:

Hi, I was looking through some google images under the google heading " Liberty German and Abigail Williams "the 26th line of images down marked 2 days ago 272 x 153 bbc.com. The pic of a man in bed with his shirt pulled up and faced blurred out with something in his hand, a gun perhaps.

The image link takes you to bbc news page, but why the pic is there, I find it odd and I think it should be looked at.

I'm hoping you guys can help figure this pic out.
Maybe it's nothing but I find it unusual.
anyone.

Let me just say I am grateful for a moderated board like this!! The FB group is out of control. I hope we will know in the morning what happened. Those poor girls and their families...

Back to the discussion of who took the picture of the POI, I believe it was a surveillance camera. In Michigan we have them along a lot of our trails and unless you are looking you would not even see them. A great example of this is shown in this link NOTE this only shows surveillance camera usage on a Michigan trail. It has nothing to do with this case except to show an example of a surveillance camera as it being used. These photos were just taken this week in hopes of identifying vandals

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170215/paint-creek-trail-vandalism-suspects-identified

Hopefully it is ok I posted this. This is my 1st post

Hi, I was looking through some google images under the google heading " Liberty German and Abigail Williams "the 26th line of images down marked 2 days ago 272 x 153 bbc.com. The pic of a man in bed with his shirt pulled up and faced blurred out with something in his hand, a gun perhaps.

The image link takes you to bbc news page, but why the pic is there, I find it odd and I think it should be looked at.

I'm hoping you guys can help figure this pic out.
Maybe it's nothing but I find it unusual.
anyone.

You'll see unrelated content like that all the time. If the source site ran another story with another pic - completely unrelated - sometimes the unrelated pic comes up. I learned that years ago when I googled someone's name and a fat dude in a speedo came up. It was kind of hilarious but the person I googled wasn't all that impressed. I've googled my own name and the same things happen. This is why "safe search" is a blessing. :)

This case was covered on Primetime Justice on HLN tonight. They had Sgt. Kim Riley on the phone. He said the girls were supposed to be picked up by a relative between 3:00 and 3:30 pm. So they really were only planning to be hiking for about 2 hours or so.

He also said the home where they served the search warrant was based on a tip received and probable cause.

I'll post the transcript link when it's available.

I'm guessing a local saw the picture of the guy on the bridge and called the police to say he looked a lot like JM. LE arrived at JMs house with warrants and finally decided he's not the killer, even if he may have been the guy on the bridge. Which, sadly, puts us at square one with no POI that we know of.

Back to the discussion of who took the picture of the POI, I believe it was a surveillance camera. In Michigan we have them along a lot of our trails and unless you are looking you would not even see them. A great example of this is shown in this link NOTE this only shows surveillance camera usage on a Michigan trail. It has nothing to do with this case except to show an example of a surveillance camera as it being used. These photos were just taken this week in hopes of identifying vandals

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20170215/paint-creek-trail-vandalism-suspects-identified

Hopefully it is ok I posted this. This is my 1st post

Welcome to the group, abeaman02! Good first post.

I just don't think it was a trail cam, since they were found on private property. When the owner was interviewed, no one commented about having cameras anywhere. I have wondered if by chance the girls innocently captured the pics and posted them on Snapchat with their other photos, or may have had them on their recovered phones. The other possibility is another walker in the area --- but why keep that secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiatorres