IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About walking with his head down from looking at videos of the bridge and photos there are some pretty big gaps and it looks really simple to get tripped up. I would think most people walking across will be looking at their feet so they dont trip. Anyone else have insight here or that has walked across the bridge?

Good point... also, I am not sure that it has been mentioned, but I don't think the picture of the POI is necessarily on the bridge... it is a rail trail.

That was my next question! Is there more than one "bridge" in the area? I noticed that the bridge the girl is on has wide planks whereas the surface the man is walking on has close planks.

About walking with his head down from looking at videos of the bridge and photos there are some pretty big gaps and it looks really simple to get tripped up. I would think most people walking across will be looking at their feet so they dont trip. Anyone else have insight here or that has walked across the bridge?
Nothing from locals but that's pretty much the consensus here. There's no way I'd cross that bridge looking ahead. There isn't even any railing.

I don't find anything peculiar about the photo. In fact I think it's a great photo. Liberty was a pretty good photographer.

You know what it kind of looks like to me?

Waiting.

I agree, waiting for someone to show up. The key to this case will hinge on social media and their phones. I think it will be solved in a short time.

The picture seems like an odd angle to me. I feel like it really could be a camera mounted on a tree. LE said they've talked to everyone that day except this man. How would they know that unless they have video of the bridge in entirety that day? Also, the angle looks so different from Libby's pictures, I don't think she took them from what I see. All my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered this too and wonder if the town has cameras placed to catch people defacing the bridge.

This is the trail map: http://www.cityofdelphi.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=5&Itemid=135 (pdf)... It looks like it also goes over the state highway but that is a different type of bridge. I didn't realize before, but it looks like the High Bridge that the girls had photographed is kind of a dead end of sorts? And the bodies were north of the creek, right?

I am kind of local (about 20 minutes) but I don't think I could handle going on that bridge.

Is it possible the girls were heading to visit the cemetery that's been reported close to where they were found?

Not too terribly accurate and possibly outdated, but for what it's worth I don't see any other bridges except for one that's obviously cement, and it's a good two miles from the Monon High Bridge

bbm

Orrrr... Perhaps he has a rather healthy fear of being wrongfully imprisoned for murder? Given that he is a man, walking alone in an area where that is apparently frowned apon in that neck of the woods, on a most unfortunate day, place and time, when there is a whole world of folks desperate for resolution and the pressure is on LE to provide it? If I were him I would be scared to out of my mind of that possibility.

I feel like if this guy is innocent, this is exactly why he wouldn't come forward.

He's going to have a hard time proving anything at this point in time. His only alibi would be the same picture that's pretty much assigned him the title of murderer. What can he say to prove it wasn't him? I don't think "I never left the trail" is going to cut it without some sort of technology to prove it. That being said, I feel like LE has a lot more info pointing to this being the guy they are after.

Retired detective offers insight, says it's less likely it was a random act:

http://fox59.com/2017/02/17/retired...ow-delphi-double-murder-case-might-be-solved/

I think its most likely they walked to that cemetery because its just where the kids go to hangout. The perp, or perps, were already there and things went dark. I think whoever is responsible is local and very young. The young set seem to know their way around on and off that trail.

I don't think it was a planned meet up on the girls part because there was no "I'm here" text sent after they arrived. If the perp knew they were coming, I think its because he knows them, or their siblings, or follows on social media.

Hi, new to posting but have been lurking for years.

I work in LE as a digital forensics investigator. If the FBI has been called in, then there is a suspicion that the crime is a federal crime. The perp is from another state and is wanted for other related crimes and/or this is a cyber crime in some way and state police do not have the resources to investigate. If it were a simple local crime, the FBI would not be involved.

Cheers. Love the forum.

I feel like if this guy is innocent, this is exactly why he wouldn't come forward.

He's going to have a hard time proving anything at this point in time. His only alibi would be the same picture that's pretty much assigned him the title of murderer. What can he say to prove it wasn't him? I don't think "I never left the trail" is going to cut it without some sort of technology to prove it. That being said, I feel like LE has a lot more info pointing to this being the guy they are after.

The other people who were on the trail and spoke to police were able to give info that ruled them out. If he's that concerned, he should get a lawyer and get to talking. If this was sexually motivated, as I suspect it was, a simple DNA test could rule him out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to get a little nervous about the fact that no one has been brought in for questioning about this yet.

Are you going to tell me that nobody in that community recognizes this guy ?

I thought this case was going to have a speedy arrest, at least within the first 48 hours or so. If we're still sitting at this same point 24 hours from now.......we've got a big problem on our hands.

It's been 24 hours. I remembered your post from yesterday. This is not looking good.

I live about 30 miles from Delphi, just outside another small Indiana town. My home is just off another walking trail that was built on an old railroad that was no longer being used.

There are trail cameras placed along the trail to deter vandalism. These are placed and maintained by the parks department in my area, not sure if that would be the case for the Delphi trail.

Hi, new to posting but have been lurking for years.

I work in LE as a digital forensics investigator. If the FBI has been called in, then there is a suspicion that the crime is a federal crime. The perp is from another state and is wanted for other related crimes and/or this is a cyber crime in some way and state police do not have the resources to investigate. If it were a simple local crime, the FBI would not be involved.

Cheers. Love the forum.

The FBI was involved very very quickly. Could it not just be because that this is such a small LE? The county this is in only has a population of about 20,000.

I think its most likely they walked to that cemetery because its just where the kids go to hangout. The perp, or perps, were already there and things went dark. I think whoever is responsible is local and very young. The young set seem to know their way around on and off that trail.

I don't think it was a planned meet up on the girls part because there was no "I'm here" text sent after they arrived. If the perp knew they were coming, I think its because he knows them, or their siblings, or follows on social media.

Am I missing something that transcribed their texts? To my knowledge we don't have any information about texts sent or received, but I could have missed that piece. Sorry in advance if I did.

With all due respect, we have NO idea if there was an "I'm here" text sent. Could be dozens of texts, phone calls, messages, or apps used by the girls that day. Many aren't easily traced, like whisper, what's app and Snapchat. I've even considered that the Snapchat pic was a signal to someone that they were at that location. We don't know if it was posted as Libby's story or snapped to someone(s) directly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. I originally thought was most likely in contact before hand with them via Snapchat or something similar. ie FB, Messenger, Instagram.

State police have adequate resources for such an investigation, and they are clearly involved. FBI (and DHS if those reports are accurate) are not called in unless it is something beyond that. Local LE may not be up to date on all the latest tech, but the state of Indiana sure is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1