IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using instagram and flickr I searched for Monon or Delphi and Indiana and I was able to find many photos of the bridge and secluded walking trails that had been publicly posted some as recently as last week.
-So many had comments like "back in Indiana this weekend and visited this favorite spot" or "found this great hiking trail" which had me thinking that not all that visit the trail are local.
-Many posts seemed to be from people walking alone and enjoying the solitude.
-The are quite a few hunting photos including blinds in trees.

Wanted to point out that the "Monon Trail" in Indiana has many segments, being a former railway from Indianapolis to Chicago. There's 18 miles of it in the Indianapolis area, another 4 miles of it in NW Indiana (Delphi being roughly halfway in between). So adding Monon to your search parameters probably brought up much unrelated trail. When most Indiana people hear Monon trail, I'm sure they are probably thinking Indianapolis area, not the 1.5 mile section in Delphi. Also, the signs around the Monon High Bridge Trail do say no hunting...

It is said that the girls' remains were found approximately 50 feet from the river, to me, it would appear that the Perp/Perps are not that sophisticated as why would they not place the bodies in the river, washing off some potential DNA ? JMO

agreed. i think it was a crime of opportunity and the perp didn't have much time to think of how he could properly dispose of their remains. Maybe he even just left them there right after he assaulted them. The area being thick and harder to get to means it would be an ideal place for the perp to attack them with less notice.

I'm hoping he left lots of DNA and that when it processes it will light up a match to an offender in the system...

I do not know anyone in LE working on the case. As you are aware, if you do, or have, worked in LE, there is a web of info not available to the general public.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The general public = us. If you know stuff its just unfair to say you know stuff if you cannot share.

Marg, I said dangling a carrot cos that is what it is, and were hungry, famished little rabbits trying to find our way around this twisty little rabbit hole and catch the big bad wolf(s) Some of us are even seeing owls dammit :p

Re: date of death
On another case on websleuths the date on the victim's death certificate was given as the date that the body was discovered even though it was obvious the deceased had been dead for a month. This seems to be protocol in many states.
However the obituary can be generated by the family or funeral home using information supplied to them about estimated date of death rather than the date of discovery.

I would think in this instance one family has used the date of death and one the date of discovery. I would be very surprised to find out that either girl survived past the afternoon of their disappearance.

Landowner said area where girls were found is thick. Hard to get to. Has anyone played or heard of Pokemon Go? The news has, in the past, mentioned a few times that people playing the game have come across bodies. We're they maybe looking for Pokemon and saw on there? Players can also use "lures" to call other players. Just a thought I had while trying to sleep last night.

If they were looking for pokemon, they would have probably gone to downtown Delphi. There are more pokestops/gyms/pokemon there and I would bet cell/data reception would get spotty too far out in the woods.

Landowner said area where girls were found is thick. Hard to get to. Has anyone played or heard of Pokemon Go? The news has, in the past, mentioned a few times that people playing the game have come across bodies. We're they maybe looking for Pokemon and saw on there? Players can also use "lures" to call other players. Just a thought I had while trying to sleep last night.

me and my wife play a bit her more than me, but the lures are done at pokestops it increases the chances of encounters with rarer pokemon not to lure other players although they might want to come as anyone can see if a lure has been set off, the thing to look for would be any pokestops on that trail

Two separate descriptions have been given: one is the man featured in the photos, the other is a man dressed in all black. So presumably two different men have been mentioned by witnesses.

And you have someone with a full beard pictured.

"If it's true that the girls died on different days and this isn't just a mistake in the obituaries, then I think it is pretty significant. First off, I would be surprised that LE would let that out there, but perhaps once the cat was out of the bag so to speak there wasn't much that could be done to walk it back without drawing further attention to it. If true, then it was obviously something a family member inadvertently let out."

-----------
It could also simply be that the parents (or whoever wrote each obituary) chose to recognize different dates as the date of death...one the day they went missing and the other the day they were found.

**Just saw your comment euculyptuz--typing at same time apparently**

It is said that the girls' remains were found approximately 50 feet from the river, to me, it would appear that the Perp/Perps are not that sophisticated as why would they not place the bodies in the river, washing off some potential DNA ? JMO

To get both bodies 50 feet to the river would have most likely necessitated dragging them there, which would leave a trail of DNA anyway, would take time, and might be hard to do in the dark without injuring yourself in the process. All the DNA needed would be one strand of hair, dumping the bodies in the river would be unlikely to help conceal his genetic identity...IMO.

If it's true that the girls died on different days and this isn't just a mistake in the obituaries, then I think it is pretty significant. First off, I would be surprised that LE would let that out there, but perhaps once the cat was out of the bag so to speak there wasn't much that could be done to walk it back without drawing further attention to it. If true, then it was obviously something a family member inadvertently let out. The implications are pretty terrible to contemplate.

It could also simply be that the parents (or whoever wrote each obituary) chose to recognize different dates as the date of death...one the day they went missing and the other the day they were found.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the official autopsy is where the family learned of the approximate time/date of death.

To get both bodies 50 feet to the river would have most likely necessitated dragging them there, which would leave a trail of DNA anyway, would take time, and might be hard to do in the dark without injuring yourself in the process. All the DNA needed would be one strand of hair, dumping the bodies in the river would be unlikely to help conceal his genetic identity...IMO.

I think he may have also been in a hurry to get out of there. He could have still been in the act when he heard family shouting their names looking for them.

The terrain is rough but not particularly thick at this time of the year.

It wouldn't be difficult to walk to the spot. It would probably be very difficult to carry the two there.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

i will add just one last thing about pokemon go, in the last week they released a new batch of 80 pokemon the biggest update since the game launched last august~, possible there were more people about than normal looking for pokemon as most players had caught most of the original 151 and become bored with the game over the last few months, this update renewed interest in the game but not at the levels we saw when the game was released

Wanted to point out that the "Monon Trail" in Indiana has many segments, being a former railway from Indianapolis to Chicago. There's 18 miles of it in the Indianapolis area, another 4 miles of it in NW Indiana (Delphi being roughly halfway in between). So adding Monon to your search parameters probably brought up much unrelated trail. When most Indiana people hear Monon trail, I'm sure they are probably thinking Indianapolis area, not the 1.5 mile section in Delphi. Also, the signs around the Monon High Bridge Trail do say no hunting...

Most of the photos I found were geo-tagged for Delphi.
I am sure that the county that maintains the trail does want to discourage hunting but the property records of the area (which can be found here: https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/) indicate only a slim passage of land is owned and maintained by the railways/county and butting up against the trail to the north, south, east and west are privately owned land parcels. I am not sure of local hunting restrictions, but I think that those that hunt on their own land may use blinds/cameras even in off-season.

If it's true that the girls died on different days and this isn't just a mistake in the obituaries, then I think it is pretty significant. First off, I would be surprised that LE would let that out there, but perhaps once the cat was out of the bag so to speak there wasn't much that could be done to walk it back without drawing further attention to it. If true, then it was obviously something a family member inadvertently let out. The implications are pretty terrible to contemplate.

This is a good point and likely as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog