IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delphi is small, but news reports indicate that the State Police are now running the media / Comms interactions (Sgt. Kim Riley) and served the search warrants. ISP is no stranger to violent crime. There don't seem to be jurisdictional issues right now, but [speculation] although the bodies were found on private land, if the encounter began on the Monon High Bridge trail system, that probably has a state designation (park? monument? site?) which would involve ISP. Seems a moot point right now.

I grew up in Indiana and lived for several years in Winamac, a small town NE of Delphi. My heart goes out to the girls, their loved ones and the community. This one hurts.

So someone in LE is just disclosing info to you that is relevant to the case? If so, please ask this person to stop leaking info and get back to work on finding the killer.

This is such a small town and I wonder about the resources they have and the experience of LE working the case. I hope FBI is heavily involved. I live in a very small town too and while our LE are great at the job they do, most haven't had experience with violent crime and forensics. I dont know if that is the case in Delphi and the interviews with LE seem like they are doing all they can. It just doesn't give me warm fuzzies to hear someone say LE is giving them info about a crime when they shouldn't be. JMO

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think he may have also been in a hurry to get out of there. He could have still been in the act when he heard family shouting their names looking for them.

My gut feeling and opinion is that both girls were alive and being held by gunpoint while the search was being conducted. I really hope not however.

i will add just one last thing about pokemon go, in the last week they released a new batch of 80 pokemon the biggest update since the game launched last august~, possible there were more people about than normal looking for pokemon as most players had caught most of the original 151 and become bored with the game over the last few months, this update renewed interest in the game but not at the levels we saw when the game was released

The update with new pokemon was released after they died. Like sometime between Wednesday-Friday. There was a special valentine's event with extra pink pokemon... but like I said there are tons of pokestops in downtown Delphi. It wouldn't really make sense.

I don't think the differing dates are anything to be concerned with. Anecdotally, my sister's death was stated as the day after she actually died, probably because she died on the scene but the body wasn't technically recovered until the next day, similar to these girls. I don't think it's anything that needs to be read in to.

Also I think obituaries are written or commissioned by family? So one family could have said the 13th while the other said the 14th as that's when the girls were recovered and it finally hit home. I could be wrong on that because I don't know how obituaries work.

The update with new pokemon was released after they died. Like sometime between Wednesday-Friday. There was a special valentine's event with extra pink pokemon... but like I said there are tons of pokestops in downtown Delphi. It wouldn't really make sense.

thanks for the time of the update i just saw my wife playing and catching new one in the last week, i will say this the game is designed to get you out of town and in to areas you wouldn't normally go, Eg - some pokemon can only be found near rivers, bridges, sporting stadiums etc

And you have someone with a full beard pictured.

For WSer's who want to look at the picture, I find that the smaller I make the picture, the clearer I can pick up things. Example: It's just what I think I can see and that is a middle-aged man, slightly overweight, who toes-out with the right foot. Maybe someone doing therapeutic walking due to bad hips or a recent hip surgery. He appears to be looking down. He may go to different trails so he won't get bored, so checking cameras at other trails may be helpful. Just my own analysis for now until there is more clarity to the picture.

I thinks so. I've been unable to find images of pants that are brown at the top and denim on the bottom. I think that's what I'm seeing in the image of the POI.

I grew up bird hunting and my dad still does. Most of the pants have brown at the bottom like the picture or you wear chaps over your pants. I took the comment regarding the "bird pants" as the style of jeans....bunched at the bottom so you can tuck them into your boots. Or Aka dad jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

For WSer's who want to look at the picture, I find that the smaller I make the picture, the clearer I can pick up things. Example: It's just what I think I can see and that is a middle-aged man, slightly overweight, who toes-out with the right foot. Maybe someone doing therapeutic walking due to bad hips or a recent hip surgery. He appears to be looking down. He may go to different trails so he won't get bored, so checking cameras at other trails may be helpful. Just my own analysis for now until there is more clarity to the picture.

I think he's looking down because the footing is difficult on the bridge. I agree with you about his gait. My father-in law walks that way when his back pain is acting up. Anyone a regular at a local chiropractor?

I grew up bird hunting and my dad still does. Most of the pants have brown at the bottom like the picture or you wear chaps over your pants. I took the comment regarding the "bird pants" as the style of jeans....bunched at the bottom so you can tuck them into your boots. Or Aka dad jeans.

Justice for Susan Winters.

Could be. I really know nothing about hunting apparel. I don't think the POI's pants look bunched at the bottom though. ????

To get both bodies 50 feet to the river would have most likely necessitated dragging them there, which would leave a trail of DNA anyway, would take time, and might be hard to do in the dark without injuring yourself in the process. All the DNA needed would be one strand of hair, dumping the bodies in the river would be unlikely to help conceal his genetic identity...IMO.

Some of what I've seen about certain types of killers is they get their rocks off not only by the act, but also from the bodies being discovered, and other common traits related to these sick acts. Arthur Shawcross did it in my hometown many years ago. My hunch is this guy had it all planned out, perhaps even knew there was something there which young people may often look for. He knows the terrain, and if he's around, say, middle age, he may be a frequent visitor to the park, and knows the site from before it became a park.

A friend of mine took her son out this morning for a trip to a zoo, and to check out some Pokemon Go sites. I sure hope these gals weren't lured there for something similar, or geocaching. I wonder how location settings might have a role in this, I have mine turned off in apps, Google, etc. I wonder how accessible they are to strangers, sometimes.

One thing that creeps me out in SM, especially FB, is how often times people are automatically "checked in" at certain locations Could be a doctor's office, or a business adjacent to one someone visits. An article I read recently creeped me out about that stuff. This perp could very well have been waiting for young women to "check in" at the park, either wittingly or unwittingly.

I personally can't tell someone's gait from a still photo. Gait is the way someone walks.

Some of what I've seen about certain types of killers is they get their rocks off not only by the act, but also from the bodies being discovered, and other common traits related to these sick acts. Arthur Shawcross did it in my hometown many years ago. My hunch is this guy had it all planned out, perhaps even knew there was something there which young people may often look for. He knows the terrain, and if he's around, say, middle age, he may be a frequent visitor to the park, and knows the site from before it became a park.

A friend of mine took her son out this morning for a trip to a zoo, and to check out some Pokemon Go sites. I sure hope these gals weren't lured there for something similar, or geocaching. I wonder how location settings might have a role in this, I have mine turned off in apps, Google, etc. I wonder how accessible they are to strangers, sometimes.

One thing that creeps me out in SM, especially FB, is how often times people are automatically "checked in" at certain locations Could be a doctor's office, or a business adjacent to one someone visits. An article I read recently creeped me out about that stuff. This perp could very well have been waiting for young women to "check in" at the park, either wittingly or unwittingly.

You and I are thinking along the same lines. I also believe he had this location picked out ahead of time for what he had planned. And yes, there is the possibility a sociopath of this type would enjoy the horror the discovery produced.

Could be. I really know nothing about hunting apparel. I don't think the POI's pants look bunched at the bottom though. ????

I feel like the second photo that was released made it pretty obvious it was a brown tshirt poking out

I personally can't tell someone's gait from a still photo. Gait is the way someone walks.

I am a ballet dancer, and teacher. I notice how people's feet are placed on the ground. The man in the photo has his feet turned out, which is not the way people normally place their feet when they are about to take a step. Perhaps I notice it because I am always looking at feet:)

Dad jeans [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I needed that chuckle.

i will add just one last thing about pokemon go, in the last week they released a new batch of 80 pokemon the biggest update since the game launched last august~, possible there were more people about than normal looking for pokemon as most players had caught most of the original 151 and become bored with the game over the last few months, this update renewed interest in the game but not at the levels we saw when the game was released

During the time the girls went missing the Pokemon Go Valentine's Day Event was in full swing. And you're right that most trainers (players) would focus on urban areas. There may be a pokestop at one of the landmarks but even a small town will have many more.

Slightly off-topic: I play the game and while I enjoy catching pokemon and battling at the gyms I mainly do it because it gets me outside and walking. Since I started in July I've dropped 13 pounds and my jeans are finally back to being able to be zipped up, lol!

You and I are thinking along the same lines. I also believe he had this location picked out ahead of time for what he had planned. And yes, there is the possibility a sociopath of this type would enjoy the horror the discovery produced.

Someone had asked earlier why perp did not just put the girls in the water, but wondering if he wanted people to experience the horror of finding the bodies, perhaps he was even watching and waiting to see the resulting " fireworks ".
speculation, imo.

I am a ballet dancer, and teacher. I notice how people's feet are placed on the ground. The man in the photo has his feet turned out, which is not the way people normally place their feet when they are about to take a step. Perhaps I notice it because I am always looking at feet:)

it looks to me like he is in the middle of turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member