IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought... It would make sense that he started at a location where he knew who and how many people were on the trail. Or had a vantage point where he could see a lot of the area at once, (maybe a tree stand), so he could be sure to have time without other hikers walking by.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This is a good point. The thing about that bridge is you can SEE anyone on it.

I'm thinking he approached them after they were off the bridge because otherwise he would be taking a risk that someone would see him with the girls.

Looking at the bridge photo, does it seem like the girls are at one end or the other (rather than in the middle?). Were they heading back to the direction of the pick-up location to meet their ride, or were they at the other end?

jmo

Also you got to understand if they found DNA and got no hits in the system that means this isn't a repeat offender.

Or someone who hasn't been caught before.

Doesn't seem like first-timer to me, but that is just a hunch, jmo.

Hi all,

Using this link, I ...for the 1000th time...looked at the pics of the man. What he is wearing looks different to me in this set. I had thought all along that he had on a ball cap and wore a fanny pack. Now, in the 2nd pic, I see the "fanny pack" as just being the bottom of the brown sweatshirt he's wearing beneath the blue jacket. In the first pic, I no longer see a ballcap. Instead, I think he had the hood of the sweatshirt up. In the second, it looks like he is no longer wearing the hood and we are just seeing his hair.

I have been following the threads, but can't recall if there is any kind of concensus on his clothing?

No consensus really. Everything but a skirt has been mentioned.

There was a person here yesterday who said he will attempt to clean up the picture a bit more. He had already started the process and said it's definitely a cap. I hope he will come back to show us the results. His name is 'guitar' (and I think he's male but not sure).

I still maintain he knows the park, probably for many years. Knows quick ways in and out.

He certainly seems so steady walking across the bridge that he can keep his hands in his pockets. How many of us could walk across abridge like that without needing to keep our hands out for balance?

It appears the picture of the POI is a picture of him on the bridge. Trail cams have to be mounted to something. There aren't polls on the bridge so it would have to be a tree near the side based upon the angle that it is shot from. It could also be positioned just off the beginning of the bridge shooting back down it.

It is an odd place to put a trail cam. When I hunted, I tried to make sure mine weren't easily seen because they were a target for thieves. I'm surprised that someone would put one on the bridge that is used by the public unless it is law enforcement using it to prevent vandalism or something along those lines.

I also mentioned before, it would be strange if he only went one direction on the bridge because if you're alone, you'd probably have to go back the way you came to get to a vehicle unless you cross the creek itself. I would think there are more pictures of the guy from the rear that haven't been released, possibly because they aren't that helpful.

This article briefly mentions the footprints.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found."

Yay! Thank you!

So, I will restate my theory that perhaps the perp rolled them down the ravine and the footprints were not at the actual location of the bodies, but above. To me, this works with the tight timeframe and does away with the question of how he lured the girls to that location. Perhaps he didn't lure them there but rolled them there.

Total speculation, just a theory among others to consider. Subject to change as we learn more.

Snipped by me.
Anyway, if you follow the bridge to where it ends on the lower end, there is a road that crosses under(?) it. Looking at the Google map where it looks to be drawn in because of the tree foliage. it is an extension off of N625W. Since it is a dead end, someone could easily park there without being seen. This extension looks like it goes right close to the bank across the river from where I think the girls were placed. There is also what looks like a sandbar where they could cross over easily. From what I remember from another video, the LE were wading in shallow water but I don't know how deep the water is in other spots.

This was my thought too. That they were taken from the end that you can see on the map ends near a field. The person's 'driveway' so to speak runs under the bridge train track extension. Walked down to the sandbar and across the creek to where they were found.
Watching various videos and using 3D google, I don't think the side they were found is that rough of terrain. Yes the ground slopes and at some points drops a little steeper to the creek but with no vegetation I don't think it's that difficult.

Then I was doing some spinning in 3D maps and realized the side with the tracks that ends at the field with the house really is the definition of difficult and steep by the house on the bluff. What I can't see though is there a trail on that side that leads to the creek. With that house there I wouldn't be surprised if there was a trail so the homeowners/kids could walk down for fishing.

Draw a line from the cemetery directly to the right to the end of the tracks. It doesn't look steep there to walk to the sandbar and across the creek.

Capture.jpg

Or someone who hasn't been caught before.

Doesn't seem like first-timer to me, but that is just a hunch, jmo.

it isnt a first timer, I agree. the part where I said hasn't been caught didn't show up. Might have to do the familar DNA thing.

No consensus really. Everything but a skirt has been mentioned.

There was a person here yesterday who said he will attempt to clean up the picture a bit more. He had already started the process and said it's definitely a cap. I hope he will come back to show us the results. His name is 'guitar' (and I think he's male but not sure).

he was here earlier tonight and said he really couldn't make it any clearer

Yay! Thank you!

So, I will restate my theory that perhaps the perp rolled them down the ravine and the footprints were not at the actual location of the bodies, but above. To me, this works with the tight timeframe and does away with the question of how he lured the girls to that location. Perhaps he didn't lure them there but rolled them there.

Total speculation, just a theory among others to consider. Subject to change as we learn more.

I watched a video where the property owner walked a reporter down to where the bodies were found. There were a lot of trees between the top of the hill and the flat area where they found the bodies, I don't see how they could be rolled down the hill without getting hung up by the trees in the way.

What the guy in the picture is wearing isn't that useful for identifying anyone around here. Unless they could pull a logo off the footage, there's absolutely nothing remarkable about that outfit and I bet if you drove around Delphi all day, more than 50% of the men 40+ are wearing something similar. I bet over half of the males wearing hats are wearing camo hats. He looks like 90% of the farmers and farmhands I run into at my job. Lots of them even have windbreakers/jackets with their farm name on them.

I don't think anyone would have to be familiar with the area at all to get lucky. They didn't even pick that great of a spot to put the girls if the idea wasn't to find them. They were close to their last confirmed location, they may have been even closer to where they were found. All they had to do was look around a bit to see if they could see the trail, a road, a house, etc.

Liberty has a cover photo on Facebook of her and another girl walking on 300 N with their backs turned to the camera. Maybe they were walking along the road when they were spotted. I'm sure there are no shortages of places one could park a vehicle that would go unnoticed or wouldn't look out of place. The girls may have tried to run into the woods to get away for all we know.

Yay! Thank you!

I'd be curious as to how close together they were found. I remember seeing the foot-work path in one of the interviews - the area didn't look too steep at that point. Perhaps he backed up to the embankment - let them go as far as their motion would allow. Then maybe pulled them a little further towards the water and not in direct view from the embankment?

I'd be curious as to how close together they were found. I remember seeing the foot-work path in one of the interviews - the area didn't look too steep at that point. Perhaps he backed up to the embankment - let them go as far as their motion would allow. Then maybe pulled them a little further towards the water and not in direct view from the embankment?

That is a good idea.

Well, not a "good" idea, but you know what I mean.

I'm just thinking with what seems to be a tight timeline, the "dumping" or "rolling" of the bodies seems to fit best.

Of course, I could be way off. Just a working theory for the moment. jmo

That is something I have been wondering about as well, how close together were they? I don't know how much it would really help us to know this info, but it's something that I keep coming back to and pondering about myself.

they will get the guy. it is going to take a few weeks but they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela