IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that may be a possibility.Do you see what looks like scissors?Also,if they simply whited out what they didn't want to show, would the image still be visible possibly only in white?

to me i thought pliers or maybe pruning sheers, there is a few techniques you can use to see what has been altered in the photos and you can try pick up details that have been covered, running the image through photoshop then playing with some of the spectrum rbg stuff can work, i'll have a crack at it in a second see if i can see anything but this image is so degraded already it may not work, and i think that was done with the intention to keep prying eyes like us out, the easiest way is to over sharpen which is what i think they've done here then they've exported the photo to jpeg which you can do with varying quality and compression settings in lightroom or photoshop

If you post a picture on snapchat that is from your camera roll, it shows on the picture that it is uploaded from the camera roll. The only time there isn't a border around the picture is if you post the picture that you take using snapchat, and you can only do that one at a time. You either have to post it or delete it in order to take another one. I hope that made sense.
I went ahead and made an example using my own snap chat. One picture is from my camera roll, and the other from the snapchat app itself, where you have to post that picture or else delete it before being able to be able to take another.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image1-3.jpg
    image1-3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 788
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 819
to me i thought pliers or maybe pruning sheers, there is a few techniques you can use to see what has been altered in the photos and you can try pick up details that have been covered, running the image through photoshop then playing with some of the spectrum rbg stuff can work, i'll have a crack at it in a second see if i can see anything but this image is so degraded already it may not work, and i think that was done with the intention to keep prying eyes like us out, the easiest way is to over sharpen which is what i think they've done here then they've exported the photo to jpeg which you can do with varying quality and compression settings in lightroom or photoshop

Maybe what ever they are hiding is what they were seeking via the search warrant?

To my knowledge, no. I use it quite extensively and the fact that the picture disappears is a big draw for people. You can either take a picture and send it to someone on your friends list (once they view it for the ten seconds or how ever long you set it to show for, ten seconds being the max) it disappears. There is an option to replay the snap but if you do that or take a screen shot, the friend who sent it to you is notified. You can also post the picture on your public feed where it can be viewed an infinite amount of times by those on your friend list, but it disappears after 24 hours.

If they disappear, why were people able to post them from Abby's account?

If they disappear, why were people able to post them from Abby's account?
Because they were most likely posted to her "story" that can be viewed by those on her friend list for an unlimited amount of times before it deletes after 24 hours. I posted an example above of how she would have posted directly from the app and not her camera roll, making it more likely she took it close to the time they said she posted it, as she wouldn't have been able to take another pic with the app before either posting or deleting it.

JMO, but I don't think anything has been removed from the still, nor do I see a gun or scissors. Here are both shots of the man. There is no white area in the other still.

delphi+teens.jpg

Maybe what ever they are hiding is what they were seeking via the search warrant?

possibly but it'd be nothing but speculation at this point, which i think from what iv read you guys here try and stay somewhat away from to not muddy the waters of the threads

the thing i found odd though and iv followed a lot of crime stories over the years ( if you know the Mr Cruel case from Victoria Australia that was an early one i followed ) but its odd to me they are keeping so much secret to the point there really is no info being released

hello all first time poster long time reader, registered for this post

@ morf13 im Australian and i work in photography and use a lot of editing tools, that looks like they removed something or thats what i thought when i looked at it as well

to me it looks like they removed it then degraded the photo on purpose so you cant make out some of the finer details ( maybe case related )

The shape of the area that has been removed resembles a purse/satchel/backpack of some sort to me. I'm wondering if there has been any description of what the girls had with them on the hike. I don't remember the mention of a purse or backpack.Would le not want the public to know if this person had something that belonged to the girls?

This is what I was trying to get at earlier. Wouldn't the girls also be captured on camera? And if it was a 'one way trip' for this guy and/or the girls that in itself is very telling too!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anybody that crossed the bridge that day would have had a video taken of themselves..........most likely without their knowledge. There may have been a couple of days, a week, or maybe even more of video footage stored on the SD card. LE only released what they thought was relevant at the time. Obviously it isn't getting any results. Time to release more.

JMO, but I don't think anything has been removed from the still, nor do I see a gun or scissors. Here are both shots of the man. There is no white area in the other still.

attachment.php

Yeah, I am no graphic of photo Expert, there is something white on his leg in the right image but not the left. This could be a deterioration or pixelation

Ditto times 100! I was a moron when AOL happened. I met all kinds of strangers (in public places) and never once thought something terrible might happen to me. a/s/l in every chat room - and never hesitated to tell the truth about where I lived, etc.

And that was just one platform. Kids now have multiple platforms and they're equally as free as I was when it comes to giving out information. On that note, I'm glad Instagram got rid of their photo map.

Who knows if there will be a social media connection here, but I will not be surprised if there is. Makes me want to delete myself entirely.

Not only do they have multiple platforms, the ability to connect is in their pockets. We had to icq at home in the dining room.

The shape of the area that has been removed resembles a purse/satchel/backpack of some sort to me. I'm wondering if there has been any description of what the girls had with them on the hike. I don't remember the mention of a purse or backpack.Would le not want the public to know if this person had something that belonged to the girls?

for a moment i thought myself it looked like a catch bag, not sure if its got a different name in the states but its to put your fish in, but i dunno as i said before the image is very degraded anything you may or may not see will be based on your own perspective once you eventually see the image in better quality it might suprise you to see what it actually is, iv seen this a lot of photography where your brain trys to fill in the blanks and when you see a better quality version it seems so obvious once you've seen it but not before

to the person who posted the two still, thanks those are a little better than what i have now from the MSM down under, just odd the spot appears in one photo and not in the other. im still loading up my photoshop and plugin's and i'll run the images but no promises it amounts to anything

I don't know who guitar is or what his expertise is, but the news media said flat out that the pictures they were distributing came from a video.

I'm no expert, but it looks like a video to me, too.

MSNBC Nightly News featured a brief blurb on this. Nothing new, but at least it's getting more national attention.

for a moment i thought myself it looked like a catch bag, not sure if its got a different name in the states but its to put your fish in, but i dunno as i said before the image is very degraded anything you may or may not see will be based on your own perspective once you eventually see the image in better quality it might suprise you to see what it actually is, iv seen this a lot of photography where your brain trys to fill in the blanks and when you see a better quality version it seems so obvious once you've seen it but not before

to the person who posted the two still, thanks those are a little better than what i have now from the MSM down under, just odd the spot appears in one photo and not in the other. im still loading up my photoshop and plugin's and i'll run the images but no promises it amounts to anything

Agreed. Before, when I looked at the two stills side-by-side, I was convinced i saw a bunched up scarf under the jacket. Now, I'm totally seeing a small dog. Obviously, I need to just quit looking before I spot an alien bursting out of his chest.

There's another video posted there from 3 hours ago saying police returned to the area near the cemetery at a pretty fast pace. Any idea what that's all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking too. This is what I found:

Police returned to the scene of the crime, the old rail road bridge, the girls’ last known location and the more remote area where their bodies were found.

Thursday Eyewitness News walked through the woods along Deer creek where Libby German and Abby Williams were killed.

Friday police kept reporters and cameras out as they re-checked the areas.
Homeland security installed a satellite communications system to handle the volume of phone calls and data. Tips are coming in on separate phone lines.

http://www.wthr.com/article/police-pursue-tips-as-community-says-goodbye

It seems that the "race" back to the crime scene today was to re-check the area. I did notice this in the article though:

Police have another photo, a somewhat fuzzy one It shows a bearded man they say was in the area about the same time as the girls.

Say what??

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidMacAnally/status/832054316554924033

This does look like he put his hood up! Helps to maybe clear up a bit of the photo speculation as to "hat or no hat" etc.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Im not sure that dude is right. I think it is just lighting/ clarity of the photo. Can anyone compare enough in the background (trees, blemishes in the boards, side rail, etc) to see if this looks like they are consecutive frames or not? The background to me looks similar, within a couple of steps, so there would be no time to put up a hood.

Theory about the image released by Police.

I am posting two zoomed images of the guys legs that I screenshotted with my Iphone. Does anybody else see anything out of the ordinary about the Man's left leg?
There is a white looking section from his thigh to the upper knee that appears white. Perhaps, pixelated, but I am not so sure. Maybe the Police redacted something on his leg or covered it up? Perhaps they were isolating something? There is a perfect square that is pixelated around the white part. I also see what could be the butt of a handgun pointing to the outside of his leg with barrel pointed downward. I am wondering if he is wearing some sort of holster with gun and it's been whited out?? Also, I see something that appears to be blue handled scissors with curved blades,the handle part almost between his legs and crotch area, with the blades curving upwards to the outside of his leg.

Does anybody else see any of this? Of course, this could be just bad pixelation making things appear to be there that are not but I am not sure. The scissors to me look identical to poultry shears
attachment.php
attachment.php

Hey morf..

It is a data error in the compressed bit-stream (caused by transmission error) or a block shift error. ;--)

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member