IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a internet connection how long would it take the FBI to figure that out? Just curious if we should be hearing something about it.

Does anybody know for sure whether or not these two girls advertised via social media that they were planning a trip to the bridge that afternoon ?

When I say social media, I mean ALL social media. Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.

I'm starting to think the guy in these pics may have stalked these girls online, and simply showed up there that day. He may or may not be from the immediate area, and probably isn't. He DOES live close enough to drive there within an hour or two though. If that proves to be the case, and he never had any actual contact with either of these two girls other than viewing their posts online, this may turn out to be almost impossible to solve.

This may be on another thread, if so just direct me where to go, but does anyone have a map of reference points? Where they were dropped off, bridge, where they were found etc.??

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

so this is done with negative rgb and iv run it through a denoise but as you can see its just not great at all. but i thought id upload it anyways, image is just too far gone

Attachments

• delphi+teens.jpg
    delphi+teens.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 702
I think the girls filmed him as he stalked them; it's not some random trail cam taking videos on the trail. That doesn't make much sense to me. We know the girls are taking pics and videos and we know tehe trail was unlikely to be heavily used on a 40 or 50 degree day in February.

Smartphones videos are awful at a distance and the zoom is merely digital, not optical, so they're just blowing up the picture. The girls saw this guy following them and started filming him as they were walking away. The poor quality still may even be from the front facing camera aka selfie lens taking the video as the girls are walking away holding the camera up filming what's taking place behind them as they start walking faster and faster.

i remember being 15 when the internet was just starting up. I met an older guy in a chat room and we ended up private messaging. He wanted to meet up with me so I decided the mall would be a good place. I decided to bring my friend Katie with me who was a year older to help me feel safer meeting him. Katie was a bit tougher than me and was a punk rock girl so she made me feel safe. She also was the smartest girl in her class so I trusted her opinion on whether or not he was going to be a creep when we all met up. He ended up being like 24 years old or something ridiculous and we laughed it off once we were done meeting with him at the mall. I don't remember if I told my mom I was meeting him or not, but she had dropped us off at the mall and picked us back up after. I chose to meet him in a public place for safety reasons, but it was risky at any rate. I'm so glad nothing bad happened to Katie or me.

Point being - I can see how girls as young as 13 can be lured into meeting a "boy" out somewhere and they likely would bring a friend to feel more secure. I was a good kid by all means, but I was also insecure and not impervious to being flattered when a "boy" thought I was cute and wanted to meet me in person after meeting online. This was years ago. I'm talking AOL chatroom.

I met an older guy online once too! Now I call him my husband :giggle:

All kidding aside, I was almost 40 and had "checked him out" rather thoroughly. It frightens me to read the stories of these young ones being duped by older creeps. I want them to arrest this monster so badly.

Does anybody know for sure whether or not these two girls advertised via social media that they were planning a trip to the bridge that afternoon ?

When I say social media, I mean ALL social media. Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.

I'm starting to think the guy in these pics may have stalked these girls online, and simply showed up there that day. He may or may not be from the immediate area, and probably isn't. He DOES live close enough to drive there within an hour or two though. If that proves to be the case, and he never had any actual contact with either of these two girls other than viewing their posts online, this may turn out to be almost impossible to solve.

This makes sense to me.

But, if he was an "unknown" follower to them, he still had to someone approach them and lure them were he could then harm them.

I am 50-50 on whether they arranged to meet "someone" or whether he knew from SM they would be there. (A small part of me thinks he was a local creep hanging out in the woods, but that's a distant third on my list.)

JMO

Totally possible. There have been times when I've met someone new for the first time and they will say something like "oh yeah I remember you tweeted that once...." or "yeah I know that you like this band because I saw your instagram post forever ago" and I had NO idea this person even followed me...you don't realize how much of yourself you put out there for the world and being 13 or 14 you definitely don't have much of a filter when it comes to withholding personal info...

I am leaning more towards this wasn't planned. If they planned to meet up with this person I feel he would of not waited so long after the girls got there. We know they were alive at 2 by the pic posted if this was a planned meeting he wouldn't of waited so long to meet them but if it was a chance encounter like a run in that would explain why they were ok two hours after drop off. Does that make sense?

Good article on Trailcams: http://www.trailcampro.com/pages/trail-camera-tests also here: http://www.besttrailcamerareviews.org/

Distance for motion setting the camera off is 10-40 yards depending on the camera, & magepixels on trailcams can very from 1 or 2MP for $70 cameras up to 20MP for top end ones. Most Trail Cams, you have to go out and retrieve the memory cards,however, some of the newest & most expensive ones, will wirelessly email or text you photos & videos as they happen

I am also curious about something, how does one Guy control two girls? If they take off running in opposite directions, or even the same direction, but at different speeds,how does he get both of them?
A couple things I am thinking of are, 1, He's not alone, 2, He surprises the and attacks them both before they can react 3,He has a gun or something they fear to keep them from running 4,They know the perp(s) or are expecting the Perp(s) so they are not scared.

This reminds me of the Deborah Gay Furlong and Kathy Ann Snoozy murders, two teenage girls 14 & 15,in a secluded wooded spot, both stabbed to death in a frenzy by Karl Warner. He simply happened upon them

Or Weber and Sterling, being dropped of at the ice arena by parents, then turned around and spent the time somewhere else, then both found diseased and ditched on private property..

Perhaps the Delphi victims had an arranged date close by. It was a day before Valentines..

-Nin

I think the girls filmed him as he stalked them; it's not some random trail cam taking videos on the trail. That doesn't make much sense to me. We know the girls are taking pics and videos and we know tehe trail was unlikely to be heavily used on a 40 or 50 degree day in February.

Smartphones videos are awful at a distance and the zoom is merely digital, not optical, so they're just blowing up the picture. The girls saw this guy following them and started filming him as they were walking away. The poor quality still may even be from the front facing camera aka selfie lens taking the video as the girls are walking away holding the camera up filming what's taking place behind them as they start walking faster and faster.

This is heartbreaking to imagine. My only question though, is if they have the sense to film him, why not call or text for help? They had two phones, right? It just seems that one of them would have ended up on the phone real-time with 911 if it was a stranger danger situation.

Again, why wouldn't they tell us the photo is from their phones? I know they haven't given much info, but I think this part has been discussed to death. Trail cams are pretty common, and there are ways to get them up on tall trees for various reasons. They're pretty commonly used in rural areas.

I don't think it really matters at this point where it came from. The police are obviously interested in this guy for a reason we might not know. Analyzing the photo isn't going to do anything unless they actually identify the guy and talk to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I think everyone is reaching and overanalyzing the photo at this point....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I also agree. Nin and Ping are correct that image compression can mess with what we think we see in a picture. Compression is necessary in order to use as little memory as possible for practical purposes such as posting on the Internet and still produce a decent photo. Professional photographers use a different format (such as png or tiff) than what we commonly see on the Internet (jpeg and gif).

These formats make the pics quick and easy to download and view on our computers and phones but some of the quality is lost. Usually that doesn't matter but in a case like this it causes all kinds of havoc with our eyes and brains. When our brains try to fill in missing pixels due to compression we sometimes see things that aren't really there. That's called pareidolia, a very common psychological phenomenon that causes us to "see" things that aren't really there.

Mind you, sometimes a person with excellent vision can spot things in a photo but more often it's our brain trying to fill in empty space. Some cameras record in a raw format which creates a very large file and is very clear. Most CCTV and trail cams don't in order to catch as much data as possible on a memory card.

The good news is that there is software that can enhance images and make intelligent guesses about the missing information. Be confident that the FBI has such software.

IMO I think it's good that we brainstorm what we think we see in images, as long as we are aware that we could be mistaken and don't go off the deep end of speculation. JMOO of course.

Marking my spot. I really thought there would have been an arrest by now... :(

Or Weber and Sterling, being dropped of at the ice arena by parents, then turned around and spent the time somewhere else, then both found diseased and ditched on private property..

Perhaps the Delphi victims had an arranged date close by. It was a day before Valentines..

-Nin

Hey NIN ,How are you Stranger?, I didn't realize you were on WS.

This is what I was trying to get at earlier. Wouldn't the girls also be captured on camera? And if it was a 'one way trip' for this guy and/or the girls that in itself is very telling too!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is my take. I'm sure everyone that walked by was captured on the camera. I'm sure LE has watched it in it's entirety. They don't have any obligation to show it all to us. They are just hoping to get an ID on this one particular person.

Anyone catch wthr news that started at 11? I started to watch it on live stream and the friends started talking about a guy wearing all black and the dang video cut out on me.

This makes sense to me.

But, if he was an "unknown" follower to them, he still had to someone approach them and lure them were he could then harm them.

I am 50-50 on whether they arranged to meet "someone" or whether he knew from SM they would be there. (A small part of me thinks he was a local creep hanging out in the woods, but that's a distant third on my list.)

JMO

I guess the reason my mind went there is simply due to being on Websleuths. On every thread, and almost hourly, someone posts a link to a Facebook page or a Twitter page. I click on them constantly and look at the pages of these people. Sometimes I look through all their pics, sometimes I look at their friends list, many times I read whatever comments and replies show up publicly. I DO THIS. The people whose webpage I'm visiting have no idea I've ever been there. They have no clue that a random stranger came along and viewed all of their pictures and read all of their comments.

We all know about these sexual predators and stalkers. They spend a lot of time and put a lot of thought into how to trick their victims, how to get close to them, how to catch them off guard, etc. If this slug was simply intercepting and reading all of the social media posts these two girls made, chances are good he may have obtained a wealth of information about the two of them over time. I suspect he was only interested in one of them, but who the hell can say for sure ?

Totally possible. There have been times when I've met someone new for the first time and they will say something like "oh yeah I remember you tweeted that once...." or "yeah I know that you like this band because I saw your instagram post forever ago" and I had NO idea this person even followed me...you don't realize how much of yourself you put out there for the world and being 13 or 14 you definitely don't have much of a filter when it comes to withholding personal info...

I have grandkids 9 to be exact but one stays here on the farm a lot.She is a horse fanatic she rides everywhere ON THE FARM! But I ride too and I am packing .Even though it is fenced off we have had drunks in 4wheelers and hikers cross over it. Only one time have I ever shown a weapon and it does make the person take a step back. Could never imagine letter her go alone. One thought she is 15 and 6'2" I am 5'5" but I am not afraid or unwilling to shoot to protect her or myself.
Wasn't like this when I was a kid ..ran all over our 100 acres mom and dad just knew we were in the woods!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel