IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The asking for DNA samples has me a lot more hopeful this morning. I don't think they'd be asking if they didn't have something to compare it to.

Indiana doesn't allow for the collection of DNA after an arrest yet. But they are currently working to get that bill passed right now! So right now, only those convicted would be available for comparison along with whatever voluntary samples they've received so far.

The other article also confirmed friends were at the trails Monday. I think so far we've heard a male-female couple, a woman, Libby and Abby, and picture guy. Were there others? Was picture guy not the same person that another trail walker saw? A guy in black is much different than a guy in light colored jeans IMO.

Also, the lady that mentioned the pants that were popular in the 90s is talking about brush pants. They look nothing like what he was wearing and wouldn't be denim at the bottom, but you can confirm in Google images.

Did the girls stay at the park? Maybe someone they knew offered them a ride into town for ice cream or a pop and it didn't end well. Maybe this mystery guy was seen by them and he had an accomplice and that accomplice approached the girls pretending to be concerned for them and "helpful"? Just thinking out loud.

hello! I don't post a ton (but always read heh). This reminds me of lyric and elizabeth from Evansdale IA :(

Did the girls stay at the park? Maybe someone they knew offered them a ride into town for ice cream or a pop and it didn't end well. Maybe this mystery guy was seen by them and he had an accomplice and that accomplice approached the girls pretending to be concerned for them and "helpful"? Just thinking out loud.

These aren’t little Kids, falling for soda & candy IMO. These are two teen girls that would likely be suspicious of some Guy out there by himself, and might be on guard if they saw a Guy out there by himself.

I am still wondering how he could control them both. If he did something threatening and they took off running, how could he catch both of them? Unless he just suddenly attacked with no warning, or was hiding. Another possibility was that he used some sort of ruse like, “can you help me I think my ankle is broken”, something like that may have made them approach him and drop his guard.

I think the longer that Guy doesn’t come forward the more likely it is that he was involved, but if for some reason he was not involved, maybe there were two men out there that attacked the Girls.

Do we know how far into the woods the "large search effort" went on the 13th before it was called off? Why weren't K-9s brought in then instead of calling it off due to darkness? I see public safety reasons, but the public doesn't typically search with K-9s either. Just trying to ask questions to get away from the video/trail cam/POI etc for a little....

ETA: Do we know,how long they searched before calling it off?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I was wondering that too. It was said

- they were reported missing around 5.30 pm
- LE called off the search due to darkness
- sunset was at around 6.30 pm

Sooo ... they searched for an hour or two at the most? That seems awfully short.

A few People here have mentioned to "look at the sex offenders in the area". Am I correct to assume that registered sex offender's in the state of IN area would have DNA on file? If so, any DNA evidence could easily be linked to them and case closed.

hello! I don't post a ton (but always read heh). This reminds me of lyric and elizabeth from Evansdale IA :(

Agreed.Sparked me to go bump the thread and the thread was closed - made me angry because the killer(s) have NOT been found for that case either. Why isn't their thread open?

I watched an inteview with Lyric's parents a few years back that brought me tears.

Something that keeps coming back in my head is if this man met them on the bridge and had a gun even knife he could have easily demanded they comply. I mean they couldn't jump off that would be too risky, its far to high up.

If they were walking back to get picked up and he was walking towards them all he had to do is pull a gun on them and tell them to do what he says and go with him. JMO

I also have this thing I said yesterday on the other thread that if I was in their shoes even as an adult and was expecting to meet someone who turned out to look nothing like I was expecting I totally would take some pictures and videos. I just have this feeling that one of the girls grabbed this video of this guy for whatever reason and did it discreetly and from a distance because they thought they would show their family about the weird guy they saw on the bridge. :( They wouldnt have even had to admit they were thinking of meeting someone.

Just my thoughts

If this has been addressed I apologise for recapping. But I wanted to clear up something about snapchat. You can take a snap at say 11:52am and save it to your camera roll without posting it, but if you post it to your story later, at say 11:55am, it will still show as being posted at 11:52am. So there is a possibility that the 2:07pm photo of the girl on the bridge was taken at 2:07pm but posted some time after.

I was wondering that too. It was said

- they were reported missing around 5.30 pm
- LE called off the search due to darkness
- sunset was at around 6.30 pm

Sooo ... they searched for an hour or two at the most? That seems awfully short.

The thought that they could have been found earlier - especially seeing as the date of death for one of them is the day after the other - really bothers me. Seems it just wasn't taken seriously at first, and it was taken for granted they'd show up. Not good enough. There is ample technology available to search in the dark.

The thought that they could have been found earlier - especially seeing as the date of death for one of them is the day after the other - really bothers me. Seems it just wasn't taken seriously at first, and it was taken for granted they'd show up. Not good enough. There is ample technology available to search in the dark.

It bothers me too. Was the situation not taken as seriously st first because they were teenagers and perhaps thought to be runaways? Or just visiting at a friend's house?

Would the search have gone on longer the first night if toddlers had been missing?

The different dates of death have me wondering if one was killed right away and the other was abducted. But then how did they end up in the same place?

From WTHR.com:

"Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday after noon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw.

"They said that they had said, 'Hi' and he, like, just brushed them off and kept going," Chasity said.

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently. They circulated his photo Wednesday, saying he would have been on the trail at the same time as the girls."

Reported on Jc online:

A specialized K-9 group from Macomb, Illinois, aided in the morning's search, Leazenby said Tuesday morning.

This was also mentioned on our local news stations WTHR and WISH.

I live in a small town in Indiana. We have a couple of K-9 units. They are trained to find meth, not bodies.

I was reading an article yesterday, do not have link, but do not think it is necessary.

It stated that a viewing for both girls is being held today at the high school.

To me that is not the right place, kids should not have to go to school, I think of the traumatic and emotional issues that could arise.
Is it just me? but I think a different venue would have suited this much better.

I was reading an article yesterday, do not have link, but do not think it is necessary.

To me that is not the right place, kids should not have to go to school, I think of the traumatic and emotional issues that could arise.
Is it just me? but I think a different venue would have suited this much better.
I do think it's somewhat an unwise choice but, I wondered if it may be the only local place big enough for what is probably going to be an entire town turning out to pay respects?

The high school has probably been chosen because it can accommodate the most amount of people but I agree with you.

I do think it's somewhat an unwise choice but, I wondered if it may be the only local place big enough for what is probably going to be an entire town turning out to pay respects?

Agreed. In larger towns and cities there are more options but in small Delphi I can't think of any other option that would hold several hundred people.

Why would the school setting be any different from a funeral home setting? Kids are going to be emotional no matter where the viewing is held.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela