IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but I would say yes. I'm revising one thing: he might have an arrest record for something like felony DUI....he's a troubled person.

Just wanted to mention this, fwiw...IF and assuming a vagrant/homeless person/drifter, many of them carry cellphones now, they can also get assistance for phones I think, we have a huuuuuuuuuge homeless population up here and they all seem to have phones, many fancy phones. I think some can get assistance for these in order that they can get work, etc.

I am sorry but I can't help but think that I would be afraid to let my child cross this bridge...maybe I would let them hike there but maybe they were told not to cross bridge....Does anyone know for sure? Also keep in mind that once you are on that bridge there is no escape really if there were two attackers waiting for them. One could of been on each side. Can you imagine? My sister was murdered. The trial was just over a week ago. She was tortured and raped. Believe me I know what these families are going through right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg, I'm so sorry for your loss! Was he found guilty I hope?

Was this definitely ruled out as any link? I'm just wondering about physical similarities.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It hasn't really been discussed that I've seen (although I could have missed it). I have personally sleuthed this gentleman either.

Per a LE resource...the reason they do not release all the info on a case to the public has to do with withholding information only the murderer would know. For example, if he/she states something that was not released to the public, they know they are dealing with someone who has intimate details of the crime It is also a way to prove to the jury that the person being accused is legitimately guilty. While we have all speculated that, a third reason is false confessors, or really sick people who claim they committed the murder, when they actually didn't.

I understand that but not good enough.

Lyric and Elizabeth still haven't had justice! Who's to say the tip that brings down the killer is you know just sitting on a shelf because they believe they PUT OUT the BEST info and don't want to compromise an investigation over possibly using every opportunity to catching a killer.

The most solid case and details are of NO value if you don't have anyone to ARREST in the first place.

I am sorry but I can't help but think that I would be afraid to let my child cross this bridge...maybe I would let them hike there but maybe they were told not to cross bridge....Does anyone know for sure? Also keep in mind that once you are on that bridge there is no escape really if there were two attackers waiting for them. One could of been on each side. Can you imagine? My sister was murdered. The trial was just over a week ago. She was tortured and raped. Believe me I know what these families are going through right now.

I am sorry for your loss. Hugs.........

In regards to the bridge, perhaps the girls were told not to go on the bridge, but we all know teens and my teens have selective hearing.......

I am so very sorry about your sister.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

But could the landowner have been the 2nd person that could be involved? A lot of times people are cleared to only later become a suspect. Sometimes LE says someone is clear to make them get sloppy thinking that they are clear and to prevent a lynch mob in a small town.

Property owner claims he was gone when it happened.

I have almost the same exact theory. I'm conflicted, though, if it were a true crime of random opportunity or if there was a stalking/catfish type situation on SM that lead to them all being there that day.

I revised this to say that he might have a record for something like felony DUI. I do NOT believe this was related to SM. Totally opportunistic...the guy lost control of himself and acted out.

Good afternoon! Ugh, we're on thread #10 and still no movement. I've had 4 twitter accounts of local msm open on my laptop since day one and today I'm seeing tweets about the murders grow farther and farther apart. I wish LE would release another nugget to the public, even if it just keeps the spotlight on Liberty and Abigail.

I have nothing more to contribute at this point so I'm mainly reading the posts here. One question I still have though is why LE bothered to cut the prior word to "down the hill" out of the audio. It never quite made sense to me if the word was something like "go" or "get" - to include it would do no harm. So of course it makes me suspicious that it's something that LE feels would reveal too much information. It could just have been an arbitrary decision but IMO it may fuel even more speculation, which LE is trying to keep control of. And if it was then LE would benefit IMO by increasing the sound bite.

Anyway, after this morning's debacle over DNA or no DNA and ISP making sure we know they are in charge and not the FBI I hope the investigation doesn't get muddled up. I can't believe no one has come forward yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the perp's name(s) is in the pile of tips that LE hasn't yet gotten to...

I revised this to say that he might have a record for something like felony DUI. I do NOT believe this was related to SM. Totally opportunistic...the guy lost control of himself and acted out.
I thought that initially until the most recent press conference when LE alluded to it not being a chance encounter.

Edited to add link:
"One of two things happened. It was a chance encounter — that's possible. Don't think it's likely, but it's possible," Bursten said. "Or that person knew that they were going to be there. That's possible as well."
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...uspect-in-Indiana-Girls-Deaths-414509673.html

A reminder: keep your speculations broad and non-specific - do not sleuth random individuals. The rules here state you may not sleuth and/or discuss sleuthing a person who has not been named a POI/suspect.

I realize that complicates things because in this case, we have a grainy image of a suspect who remains unidentified and cannot be named by LE for that reason.

The last thing we want to do is unjustly accuse or suggest that an innocent random person is responsible for the murder of the girls.

An additional reminder: discussing private messaging and/or rumors from other sites or social media is a strict :nono: Just don't do it.

i feel like the girls met up with some bad people.. The bridge guy being just one of them. This requires a belief that a vehicle and people can be seen under the bridge; captured in the 2:07 snapchat photo... By 2:30, one of their party was upon the girls on the bridge. He orders them "down the hill" to make their way to where the others are. It accounts for the bridge guy, and the reported couple. It accounts for there not being a sm connection, or a scenario where a predator hoping he'd get the chance to kill not just 1, but 2 people,

i understand if others don't agree with this theory. It requires the belief that there are more than one perps and that there is a "vehicle" at ground level below the bridge (which i concede, could very well be a case of pareidolia.) the thing with the vehicle & the people, is that once you see it, you can't unsee it.

unless he walked there

Then how did she upload the Snapchat picture? She did have signal from the bridge.

I use DropBox and every picture and video is automatically uploaded to dropbox. I used to have unlimited data plan and would use my phones data plan to upload immediately. Now I have it switched to only use Wifi as I share 14 GBs with my family.
I have an android. I have unlimited data, and every photo or video I take is backed up online as long as I have coverage. If I don't, it backs up when coverage resumes.

I understand that but not good enough.

Lyric and Elizabeth still haven't had justice! Who's to say the tip that brings down the killer is you know just sitting on a shelf because they believe they PUT OUT the BEST info and don't want to compromise an investigation over possibly using every opportunity to catching a killer.

The most solid case and details are of NO value if you don't have anyone to ARREST in the first place.
I partially agree with you.

My first thought was "why find him just to find you can't prosecute him and he goes free... double jeopardy in place."

Then I'm all....vigilante justice.

I just have to hope their means justifies the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar