IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The fact is if someone has a tip then call the tipline speculating on an open forum if someone's the perp is asking for trouble. Also if it's wrong you may ruin someone's life and reputation if people start deciding to go vigilante . Its not worth it

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Now I do agree with this. Call it in. Let it be. You are not wrong to call in any tip. Just don't bring it here for discussion. We are not the police, we cannot prove anyone's innocence or guilt. We can tarnish reputations. If you see something that raises your suspicion, call it in. That's what LE/FBI has asked for. You are justified in doing so, and you do not need our validation in submitting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these DOT billboards or also private, just wondering, awesome activation either way. I always write down amber alerts, etc with vehicle plates.

I don't feel it's appropriate to criticize LE and imply that they've put the public in danger by the decisions they've made. IMO they're not "letting" him move freely among us. They KNOW he's BEEN moving freely among us and are doing all in their power to bring him to jusice. IMO.

They're withholding information that can be useful in finding this guy to hopefully prosecute him at a later date. That's not important right now, right now it's important to find him. You can't prosecute someone you can't find.

I disagree wholeheartedly. At the very least, this could give police some people familiar with the area to talk with who may recall seeing someone once. Worst case scenario, police/FBI spend a few minutes looking at it, and file it away as not important. Big deal. It's better to cross every t and dot every i.

I wonder how many minutes, hours or days LE has to spend going through tips that have zero merit? That would be an interesting number to know IMO.

Can anybody tell me where the alert feature is in tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

and the geocache account has been shut down.

SBM - are you certain? because the page we all were linking too awhile back only said that the person who placed the cache was going to shut down the cache or thread but it was unclear whether they meant they were going to go there and retrieve the cache/remove it from the bridge so nobody else can find it, or whether they're simply removing the cache location from their website listing so new people unaware of it don't become aware of it and try to go find it rihgt now, or what.

From what was posted on the page last night though it was completely unclear what they meant by shutting it down because LE was crawling all over the area.

So I'm curious whether that's what you read into, and decided meant the poster deleted their account off the website entirely, or whether the poster did in fact delete their account altogether.

hope this makes sense. I'm not trying to circumvent rules by posting cryptically, I have no desire to try to flirt with a ban. I'm pretty sure I can say all of this without trouble but if I"m wrong I will very happily delete and take it off the forum.

I wonder how many minutes, hours or days LE has to spend going through tips that have zero merit? That would be an interesting number to know IMO.

Probably a lot until they get the right one.

The thread is open for posting again. Please find a new topic, one which will not destroy an innocent person's life. That is NOT what we do here at WS.

The topic in itself was fine. When you start digging around the web, however, and single out a particular private individual or two, then you've crossed the line. So now even the good suffer because it was an interesting area to explore, but now it's OFF LIMITS.

Everyone is anxious for an answer. Trying too hard to create one without solid evidence is potentially explosive, especially when so many imaginations are running on overtime.

If you think the info is viable, call it in. Then zip it up, stand back, and allow LE to do its job.

Bessie
WS Administrator

Bumping.

I have a friend who's a retired cop. He told me once that it's hundreds of hours on small cases and tens of thousands of hours for a big one. But they check everything.

They're withholding information that can be useful in finding this guy to hopefully prosecute him at a later date. That's not important right now, right now it's important to find him. You can't prosecute someone you can't find.

If I"m understanding you correctly, what you're sayig is that you feel LE is more concerned with building a case than keeping the public safe.

If that's what you're saying, I must respectfully disagree and point out once again that criticizing LE and especially accusing them of wrongdoing / putting the public in danger is against the terms of service of websleuths. Unless of course there is a news story in which it's stated that this is the situation in a factual manner which you can quote and source.

On iPhone, you can get to your camera without even unlocking your phone.

It will run until you stop it or your phone dies, but if you don't stop it and your phone dies, it won't save.

I am just so pleased that the phones were not taken by the guilty. Amazing that they were with or found by the crime scene!!! Thank God!

Tap the post and you will see a report as well as a few other options.

ETA: That's the way it is on my iPhone anyway.

I'm going to trust the police on this one.They know more then we do. I believe they may already have a suspect IMO but are going to line all their ducks up in a row. To me there's a reason they don't want to release more.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I disagree wholeheartedly. At the very least, this could give police some people familiar with the area to talk with who may recall seeing someone once. Worst case scenario, police/FBI spend a few minutes looking at it, and file it away as not important. Big deal. It's better to cross every t and dot every i.

Thank you. Crying because I do not want to deter anyone from getting justice for this case.. I am so stressed as many of us are. HUGS (If that is allowed? I know I could use some.)

By that logic they're all a waste of time except for one.

Tap the post and you will see a report as well as a few other options.

ETA: That's the way it is on my iPhone anyway.

Thanks. I should have said I'm on an android tablet. I am not seeing report, only like, reply, and follow.

When I click on a post it highlights it in blue and options pop up, click "more" and alert is there!

This is on my phone (iPhone)

Hold down on the post until the menu comes up, report is under 'more'

2vbpv06.png
2h2dy09.png

HTH

Attachments

• IMG_2544.jpg
    IMG_2544.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.