IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO

I have been trying to read about how devices like smart cell phones can use external data storage and its pretty amazing and complicated. I am new to use of smart phones so take this with a grain of salt.

I believe external storage of different types of data depends on many things. It depends on

*the type of phone someone has---what make and model

*which cell phone service provider one is using

*the type of application someone has downloaded to use

*whether the phone has a signal to a tower

*whether the person is logged into an application

*whether there is a wi-fi network available

It really depends on many things and depending on all these things then a cell phone can and will transmit data to an external data storage. This sometimes happens automatically in a lot of situations.

This link below shows one example of how one type of phone does some of this external storage and notice it says or a "data network". Which to me means some companys data network that will store the data if you happen to be connected to that network and/or application you are running on your phone. I may be wrong but I think the cell phone tower may be all that is needed to get to certain types of networks and to transmit certain types of data.

So in a nutshell the way I think of this is if a person is using some phone application and the phone has a "connection" then the data from the phone can end up on some external data storage somewhere.

And the really crazy thing is I have read where if a phone does not have a "connection" then some applications on the phone keep the data on the phone until a connection is reestablished and then the data is transmitted.

So the bottom line is it depends on many things but the point is that data can end up going to external storage places.

And from reading the very fine print when I setup my new phone for certain settings I think a lot of times the company's service or application someone is using can do external storage of someones data without them ever having to do anything at all.
Its not like I have to push a button or click SEND for my phone to have data end up going to an external data storage device. Certain phones and applications grab the data and get it. They do this for many reasons too. Marketing research is one good reason they do it. So they can figure out how people are using their phones so they can tailor products and services for the masses. To make more money in the future from us.

Below is just one example for one type of phone

"With photo syncing activated, recently snapped photos will be uploaded and shared across connected devices, as long as the device is connected to Wi-Fi or a data network."

https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...o-upgrade-back-up-and-sync-your-galaxy-device

This link shows the complexity involved and different ways data can go other places.

http://www.tech-faq.com/how-do-cell-phones-work.html
Right....depending on the phone and network...uploads of pics and vids and data can occur with just a data connection....4G for example....it doesn't necessarily have to have Wi-Fi or be plugged in..or both...can be just a data connection only depending on phone and network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

IMO The video can't be long or of good quality because the pic of the perp is the best one they got same for the audio to say the audio is so horrific they can't share anymore to me is a leap if there was a lot more audio then they would have a better idea of how many people were involved. they could say at least two males or something to that effect... IMO Le is bluffing and they have all their cards on the table which is why the Billboards are going up that's a lot of money ... why not just release more info ??? Occams Razor

Interesting, long article - hopefully not already posted.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...stigation-means-keeping-low-profile/98214716/
High-publicity investigation means keeping a low profile
DELPHI, Ind. — Police officers pore over tips, crime scene photos and other clues inside a makeshift headquarters at the Delphi City Hall, but few people outside of law enforcement have the slightest idea of the particulars going on behind closed doors.
Police refuse to answer questions about 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams' deaths or their injuries. There's a reason for that, said Lloyd Brown, a retired detective from Anderson, Indiana, who investigated dozens upon dozens of homicides in his 22 years as a police officer.
"There are only two people who know what happened, and one of them is not talking because they’re dead,” Brown said, speaking of generalities in homicide investigations and why police don't tell the media or the public much.
If a suspect mentions something that only the killer would know, it's a sign police have caught the right person.There are other generalities about homicides, too, Brown said. For example, most killings are not planned.
“Murders happen for a lot of stupid reasons that aren’t planned,” he said, noting that many times, the victims know their assailant.
“So many murders end up as murder because something intervenes and changes,” he said, explaining that a robbery or molestation turns to murder when the victim screams and the perpetrator panics.

Even with current technology, it's likely that old-fashioned police work — tracking down leads, building timelines and checking out possible suspects' alibis — will carry the day, Brown said.

Bloomington police Capt. Steve Kellams said, "We've got a tremendous amount of technology that allows us to share information.
"But when you get down to it, you still have to do something with it."
rbbm

State police release PSA to help find suspect in murders of 2 teens

The Indiana State Police Department released a PSA Saturday to help solve the murders of two teen girls.

The PSA was recorded at WMRS radio in Monticello.

State police Cpt. Dave Bursten said investigators aren’t certain the voice was that of the man in the photograph whom investigators are calling the main suspect in the deaths. That man hasn’t been identified and no arrests have been made.

http://wane.com/2017/02/25/state-police-release-psa-to-help-find-suspect-in-murders-of-2-teens/

You can hear the PSA at the link above. It's about 1 minute long.

Thank you.

I added it to the media thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-maps-amp-timelines&p=13180199#post13180199

(Just getting in and caught up but wanted to post where we are in L and L's thread because it is very hard to find considering we are on thread #37. If anyone has information about their case or wants to learn about it. Great to see people asking about their case. Post number one in the thread, as in all threads, has all the links to previous threads, maps, etc etc.

IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...8-amp-Lyric-Cook-10-Evansdale-13-July-2012-37 )

IMO The video can't be long or of good quality because the pic of the perp is the best one they got same for the audio to say the audio is so horrific they can't share anymore to me is a leap if there was a lot more audio then they would have a better idea of how many people were involved. they could say at least two males or something to that effect... IMO Le is bluffing and they have all their cards on the table which is why the Billboards are going up that's a lot of money ... why not just release more info ??? Occams Razor
I was thinking that maybe they do have a better image of his face, but that image might very well be in a context that would itself upset/horrify relatives of the girls. JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

If the girls were physically forced down the hill by two men, I would think that would be clear from the audio.

However, if the girls voluntarily went down the hill to find something, it's less clear that the audio would tell us how many bad guys there were. One could have been lying in wait down the hill.

In my own mind, I'm beginning to rule out this scenario where a guy grabs one girl and uses her as a hostage to coerce the other girl into cooperating. I don't think that's what happened.

I believe the billboards are of the digital variety. That is why they can reach 6k locations across the country or however many are reported. Still expensive but not in labor/materials. Most likely the state/FBI has contracts with digital advertisers as I have seen Amber Alerts go up digitally and quickly

They've said for a fact they have more video and they could release more but they hope they don't have to. The quote and link is in a previous post of mine in this same thread.

Unless you mean you know that, but think it's simply not true (which would explain why you said "bluffing" now that I think about it). Which is fine just wans't sure if you knew that or if you thought people were simply speculating that there's nothing else usable/releasable. I personally think they could crop other subsequent parts of this video to release additional images of him but the stuff they'd have to show us would just lead to a lot of speculation about what was also happening in the cropped areas which would be sensitive and/or disturbing. Likewise I do believe they cannot release audio without there being the girls or other upsetting sounds in the clip, aside from this little bit.

JMO

If the girls were physically forced down the hill by two men, I would think that would be clear from the audio.

However, if the girls voluntarily went down the hill to find something, it's less clear that the audio would tell us how many bad guys there were. One could have been lying in wait down the hill.

In my own mind, I'm beginning to rule out this scenario where a guy grabs one girl and uses her as a hostage to coerce the other girl into cooperating. I don't think that's what happened.
Maybe he said very politely that he was trying to find something that was supposed to be there and can they show him where it is?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I was thinking that maybe they do have a better image of his face, but that image might very well be in a context that would itself upset/horrify relatives of the girls. JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

they can crop the photo to just his face if that were the case IMO

I think BG is the perp, is an opportunist, loves the thrill of doubles, and has a (possibly long) history. I think they were probably strangled, as it seemed to be a rather "clean" killing. I think he may have had a kill kit stashed nearby somewhere (whether in the form of an innocent seeming tacklebox, or who knows what - maybe just looks like random "stuff" in his vehicle, but I think he keeps what he needs handy as an, IMO, opportunist), or is a fisherman and keeps fishing line on him for this purpose maybe. I think he's very soft-spoken and flies under everyone's radar.

ETA: I also still think what I said on one of the first pages of the previous thread: I Think - THIS IS ALL JMO - that the 6000 billboard campaign and new sense of urgency is because I think they got a hit or maybe a bunch of hits on whatever preliminary DNA they may have that all match a bunch of unsolved cases (IMO), and I think this is the first time they have a picture/video/audio file lead on what they may IMO now know for sure is a SK preying on young people.
I do not disagree with your theory. However, I don't think he needed a kit. Not knowing the COD (not sure I can handle that) if we look at him and do not assume he has anything we can not see he can easily be a killing machine. Not only does he have his fists etc., but both he and Abby obviously have strings on their hoodies/jackets. That is easily a weapon or a restraint. Shoe strings even. That being said from the reaction from the people in the know (LE) it is of my opinion that it was much worse than strangulation. He could have used rocks and limbs from trees as well. Not to mention the water.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I remember that! Great catch. I wonder why that wasn't repeated at the "BIG" presser the other day? Could be they found it on subsequent searches of area? I think either they are sure one of the girls had one that is unaccounted for, OR the recordings we are not privy to may imo have the perp directing one if the girls to retrieve rope or tape or something from his "pack" while he was physically restraining the other. (I really hate imagining what is on portions we haven't heard. I hope we NEVER learn for families sakes).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, and another thought that crossed my mind is that Libby was maybe carrying a backpack which would be known by the family member that dropped her off and she slipped her phone in a front pocket of the backpack (not her pocket). He may have thrown that backpack away and LE just wants a witness to it. That may be the reason her phone was pinging all over town and maybe they found the backpack with her phone in it.

This reminds me of a few things that I have see mentioned a few times. If it was planned or the suspect had reason to believe one or both girls would be there, could he have been caught off guard when there were two? Perhaps a reason to panic and end up killing both as opposed to an initially sexually motivated/control motivated attack?

Or, perhaps he panicked when he heard family or searchers looking for the girls?

JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

At this point, I have nothing to offer to catch this guy. But going back to the day the girls were found, I thought I read where the searchers followed foot prints. I don't think that they ever said where.

If he took the girls from the bridge and across the creek, I wonder if he left by walking up over Mr. Logans property, leaving only his tracks.

I saw where in his video Hughes thinks he parked in town and walked to and from. Just not sure that someone wouldn't have seen him. If he crossed the creek, he now has the bottom if his jeans wet, as well as whatever footwear he had on.

But not sure coming up to 300W is any better of a theory. Unless he parked at the cemetery.

I just don't know. I do know I want him caught.

Oh, and my opinion about the billboards:

Maybe LE has connected his DNA to multiple unsolved crimes across the country, or they think he's a truck driver or someone that travels frequently, or they are just sending him a message that he has no where to run.

All MOO.

Hoping for breaking news before another thread.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Maybe he said very politely that he was trying to find something that was supposed to be there and can they show him where it is?

I think it is more likely he politely volunteered to show them where the something is.

I think it is more likely he politely volunteered to show them where the something is.

But they already know.

Also, it's much less alarming to ask for help.

We should not forget that LE may well have seen and LIKELY has seen much more video then WE have seen. Therefore what they said to us cannot be discarded or distorted. They did say that he was wearing a hoodie. They did not say he was wearing a cap. Which just makes me tend to believe we are seeing his "hair" and a "part" at the crown.

At the press conference where the audio clip was introduced, LE said, "We have more video. We are not releasing it. It is germane to our investigation."

It talks about a public viewing, but, it also calls it a visitation. They also reported "But Saturday’s public viewing wasn’t about focusing on how the two girls died — it was about honoring how they lived."

"The line to get into the viewing at one point wrapped all the way around the building, with attendees saying the line stretched nearly 200 feet inside the school. One of those in attendance said mourners walked past photos and other momentos of Williams and German on their way to visit the families."

It never says casket, open-casket or anything of that nature. I realize it says viewing, so naturally we all assumed open casket. But, then it changes the wording to visitation and mentions nothing else to indicate there was an open casket. Not sure if they left that out, there was a change of plans or if someone simply mis-spoke at some point and everybody just rain with it...

Public viewing means open casket funeral and always has...

I can't imagine anything would upset/horrify the relatives of the girls any more than burying their loved ones already has. Except maybe never knowing who did it because investigators refused to release information which could have led to the capture of the perpetrators...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8