IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I came across someone/something that seemed like a viable suspect/evidence. I DID speak with tip line and that's taken care of. However, since I did find something that I wanted to bounce off of others, am I not allowed to do that here? I am not being disrespectful but I have seen that done a lot on other pages.
Thank you!

You can't sleuth anyone except the man pictured in the photos releasd by LE but you can discuss theories about the case itself, just can't speculate about other people and name them and post their pic or whatever.

Usually in cases like this LE releases a COD after the autopsy, at least that's what happened in many of the cases I have followed on WS, even if they didn't yet have a perp. In fact, it feels like LE and the FBI don't want to share much information at all and I'm having a hard time figuring out why.

I get that some details need to be held back but would it be detrimental to the case to release a bit more audio and if the perp pics came from video why not release that? For the life of me I can't come up with a reason why some of this can't be told to the public. As has already been pointed out, a second or two more of video or audio might be exactly what it takes for someone to have a lightbulb moment as to who the suspect is.

As it is LE doesn't seem to be making much headway. So what would it hurt? How would releasing a COD harm a court case down the road? I just don't see it.

In the meantime though I keep hoping that the answer lies in the big pile of tips that have yet to be vetted. Someone has knowledge about this case that will lead to the perp's doorstep.

How does it help identify the BG? All it does is satisfy public curiosity.

First time poster, JMO everytime someone takes a picture, alters it by adding color, croping it and enlarging
it you can see anything your mind wants you to. I mean no disrespect to no one..

I have done some color testing on this photo again today. I have found this photo on a couple news sites yet not the FBI site. After looking at it and color matching I am wondering if it was a cloning mistake. The color of the foreground assumed jacket in areas matches the unsub jacket. Colors have a numeric number and it changes based on light and shadow. The numbers in areas correlate with unsub jacket. It could be nothing more than poor photoshopping on someones part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet, I cannot see what it would have been cloned from. It is very specific and has a unique framed-in pattern.

Someone would have had to clone the shape, the specifics of the shape, the frame and the pattern. It rather looks to me like a hodge podge erasing/ cloning/ opaquing job based on the background of the still.

I only see 2 cloned areas (yellow arrows) and many questionable spots. As a matter of fact, it looks now as if there could have been a second person behind the POI? Could be an artefact, but boy.. lots of cleanup happening IMO..

attachment.php

Was this possibly the first media release and then they went ahead and cleaned it up a bit better later..? Is this a "group" photo and not just the girls and the POI? Perhaps other hikers..? All JMO.

-Nin

Attachments

• indiana detail inside edition c and q.jpg
    indiana detail inside edition c and q.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 794
This has literally been explained since Thread #1. I think this will have to be my next "frequently asked questions" post in the media thread.

In short, it is possible. The grandfather said the cell phone was "pinging around town". It is also possible that the phone was just being picked up by different cell towers. Please read Thread #1 posts #207, #237 and #240 for maps and information.

There has been nothing official on the pings. Her grandfather doesn't even say where he got the information. He could have incorrectly used the word "ping" for all we know.

I didn't multi-quote all the posts I wanted to respond to because the thread is usually closed by the time I get caught up. I'll try to remember what I read and what I wanted to say about it.

It was said that the phone was pinging around town, I think it was the grandfather who said it. Most people seem to be taking that to mean that it was pinging in various places in town, but I took it to mean it was pinging in or near town. I've never seen any clarification.

I believe the girls weren't grabbed until they were back on the north side of the bridge because I think there would probably have been more privacy on the south side so forcing them back wouldn't make much sense, and there really wouldn't be any good reason that I can think of to carry their bodies across the bridge or the creek. I also think that forcing them or carrying their bodies over the bridge or across the water would take more time and make it much more likely that they'd be seen by others.

One good reason for not giving the COD is that it might help decide which tips should have highest priority. If one person calls in a tip saying their neighbor was drunk one night and talked about shooting someone, another calls and says his/her brother had a knife that looked like it had blood on it, and another calls and says that an ex-boyfriend had threatened to strangle someone with a scarf/fishing line/belt or whatever, they could check out the one who most closely matched the actual COD first.

I know there were other subjects, but I'll maybe add more as I remember. MOO

Like I said earlier, it's been 7 years since Kayleah Wilson was murdered, 4 years since Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins were murdered, and they still haven't released COD on them. Again, I wouldn't hold my breath...

I'm curious: Are family members of victims given that information? I understand not making it public, but I assume parents would be desperate to know how their child died and what they went through before their death. Then again, if authorities only told immediate family it would snowball from there, and with social media it would quickly become public knowledge.

JMHO I think that if the artifact and blurring was a person that has been photoshopped out, they would basically have to be floating off the side of the bridge. BG is already near the edge.

I will say this, when I fixed the rotation and dimensions and played the 2 BG pictures in sequence, it sure looked to me like he was turning toward the camera with the next step, both with his foot and his shoulder, and it even seemed like he was possibly in the process of pulling something out of his pocket.

It really kind of creeped me out.

JMHO I think that if the artifact and blurring was a person that has been photoshopped out, they would basically have to be floating off the side of the bridge. BG is already near the edge.

I will say this, when I fixed the rotation and dimensions and played the 2 BG pictures in sequence, it sure looked to me like he was turning toward the camera with the next step, both with his foot and his shoulder, and it even seemed like he was possibly in the process of pulling something our of his pocket.

It really kind of creeped me out.

Yeah, my thought was that the next frame shows a gun or knife.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

My goodness. Maybe, if they did cross the creek, he was planning on taking them alive with him.

I've kinda wondered this from the start. We know at approximately 2:07 they were on the bridge and alive. By 3:00 a trail visitor said she didn't see them and didn't see anything weird (can't remember the exact wording). We also know other people were in the park that day, although I don't think we have exact times. So if the suspect spent any amount of time on the trails waiting for a victim, he had to have heard/seen others that day. We also know family came to pick them up around 3-3:30 and I swear I read that they walked in a yelled for the girls, but I can't find that (so maybe rumor, sorry). I think he was forced to make a decision. Either run and leave two witnesses, risk them trying to run away and also leave witnesses, or get rid of witnesses and get out of there in a hurry. MOO, of course. Could be wildly wrong.

Our kids do different colored t shirts with the school name. Each class gets a different color. It's fantastic! No names at all!!! They charge us $5 for them. They use them again during field day too

So do ours and I love it! They get used multiple times throughout the years as well for things like spirit week and pep rallies and school photos.

I thought about the heavy drinking, too, since some people have said that his nose appears "bulbous" - which can be from excessive drinking. Picture is so blurry so I don't know how this can really be seen, though.

Also rosacea! Certain cases can cause rhinophyma. I thought about mentioning it earlier when they declared him a suspect, but I think most cases go undiagnosed or people don't seek a diagnosis, so it's probably just another thing I've thought of that isn't really relevant.

It does not look to me that there is a lot of foliage. It seems like the sound would have carried more at this time of the year. Just my humble opinion.

Oh, I do agree that it would travel more this time of year than in the spring and summer, but I think there are enough trees, hills, etc. to absorb some of the sound, not enough to keep it from traveling at all though. I have a hard time locating my kids down by the creek if I'm up at the top of the hill. I can tell a general direction, but not with any sort of accuracy.

You know I don't know that I am cut out for this. I don't think I am strong enough. I have tremendous respect for all of you who do this case after case. How do you all do it?

Snipped- I'm sending you hugs, because I'm in the same boat. I had to walk away for a while this afternoon. This case is the first I've followed where it's affected my daily life. I picture my own kids, I picture my little rural town, I put myself in the place of their families, and I lose it, because it really is too much sometimes. But I just keep coming back because I want this bass turd put away.

Mostly a lurker, haven't posted since the Teleka Patrick case, but here are my random thoughts:

1. The FBI response to this case screams it is even more than it first appears. This isn't them sending a few agents to assist, they have nearly two dozen agents directly helping and who knows how many more assisting behind the scenes. This isn't a normal response. Neither is using electronic billboards across the entire country. I have to believe they have reason to know he has struck before, as in perhaps he left a calling card (a peculiar cause of death, staged bodies in a particular way, left a token from a previous crime, etc.) OR there are words contained in the video that indicate imminent plans for future attacks.

2. Listening to the audio clip with headphones and equipment that allows the audio to be slowed down, I absolutely hear "G'down the hill" which is a clear instruction, not someone giving directions to a person that is looking for something. At this point, he is in control, no question in my mind.

3. Although the audio clip is brief, I notice something else too. The emphasis in the sentence is on the last word, "hill." In my career, I have worked in three states - Indiana, Kentucky, and Michigan. That particular accent and word emphasis is more Southern Indiana or further South. After about a year in Kentucky, I noticed myself starting the put emphasis on words in the same way. For what it's worth, I have traveled extensively throughout the country also. It's certainly not a science, but my ears identify him as at least semi-local to the area.

4. My hypothesis is that Libby was using Snapchat to video Abby when BG started to approach. Libby pans the camera to the right to capture BG in her shot, inadvertently leaving just a sliver of Abby's jacket in the shot. I believe the incident escalated instantly for this reason: if Libby even had 5-10 seconds to do anything else, it seems she would have immediately sent the video snap to her story. Every single person that follows her on Snap would have been able to see the video right away. I've seen how fast my own teenagers navigate through Snapchat and other social media. It would have taken mere seconds if she hadn't become preoccupied. Having teenagers, when they move quickly to do something, they tend to hastily slide their phone in their back pocket. Perhaps Libby did just that, allowing the audio to be captured.

5. Does anyone know if there was any significant search the night of their disappearance? From what I've read, it sounded like a search of some sort around the bridge, but it doesn't seem like it escalated to something significant (large amount of people, scent dogs, etc.) until the next morning. While I recognize a full blown search party doesn't happen immediately for every person that is missing for a few hours, children this age that don't have a history and/or reason to run off have been handled differently in my area. At a minimum, I can assure you that me and every family member/close friend would be searching through the night if a child of mine had unexpectedly disappeared. To be clear, I am not placing blame or second guessing. That may have actually happened, and I just haven't read about it.

6. Some have hypothesized victims may have been removed from the area and subsequently brought back to be dumped. While not impossible, I can't fathom why BG would leave with them and come back. Even if there was not a full out search that night, surely LE or others were at least driving around the area more than normal. If BG abducted the victims only to bring them back later, it is a powerful statement that he wanted the victims to be found quickly, almost thumbing his nose at LE.

7. I hate speculating in the COD, as it is gut wrenching. That being said, I have to believe it was especially traumatic given the reaction of seasoned LE that have witnessed such horrible events before. Also because the search continued even after the victims were found, implying a visual identification was not 100% possible even though less than 24 hours had passed since these poor girls were last sighted.

8. Thank you to this site and the admins for running a tight ship. FB pages have people swearing to "facts" around cause of death when they can't all be correct, as five different causes have been stated as absolute fact. That causes a murky abyss not conducive to sleuthing.

9. I have tried to adhere to the TOS. If I have done anything wrong, please let me know and edit accordingly.

There is nothing you have said here that I don't agree, or think is a violation of TOS. I do wonder how they got to the other side of the creek from the bridge. The video shared earlier shows how the girls may have been forced down the hill. It was a remarkable visual clue to how it could've gone down.

It makes me wonder if the girls were carried across the creek after the time of death, especially since the crime scene was marked as pristine. I don't have a link for that, but it is easily Googled.

There has been nothing official on the pings. Her grandfather doesn't even say where he got the information. He could have incorrectly used the word "ping" for all we know.

Exactly. I think it is pretty obvious that these girls likely never left this area. The police have video of what went down. They aren't asking if anyone saw them in town. They aren't giving possible locations bridge guy was after he left the park (if her pings were from him having the phone on- dumb, wouldn't happen). So, I don't think the ping information is of much use, at this point. Unless the police release any information otherwise. That's my opinion.

If they are doing search warrants for RSo's to get DNA or look at their computers and possibly the last warrant was for a female RSO.....and bg may have had an accomplice...
I know I am overthinking and real life I see not an episode of Criminal Minds.

The thing everyone needs to remember is that the earth keeps spinning. Life goes on.

LE is going to work all sorts of cases, arrests, raids etc. 99.% will have absolutely nothing to do with this case. LE has been clear it has nothing to do with it, but some don't believe them I guess because they are sleuthing the people that live there.

You know this just makes me cry. I have been posting over and over again that I believed that Abby is right there. I have zero experience in working with photo enhancements but I was convinced she is there. I posted my lame attempts at showing the close-ups of that dark space, messed up the names, all sorts, but have remained convicted that she was right in front of him. But to see what looks to be an outline of her is even worse. Perhaps it is not her and is some other anomaly but as I have been sure in my mind it gives me only heartache to think that maybe I have been right about this.

Again, part of my conviction stems from not being able to see him walk, for even a few steps. Why? I still believe because he encounters Abby.

You know I don't know that I am cut out for this. I don't think I am strong enough. I have tremendous respect for all of you who do this case after case. How do you all do it?

Why? I still believe because he encounters Abby.

I do believe the BGs body is leaning inside toward the center of the bridge yet walking at a slight angle toward his victim. IOW, his shoe that they allow us to see is pointing toward Abby. Try to enhance/brighten the BGs eyes. They are there looking straight at her. Not looking away. Not looking down. Looking directly at her as they have eye contact in that image.

We are allowed to say I found someone who resembles and post a link to public information. Basically you can direct someone to what you are thinking, but can't say it.

I think it would be smart to snip the actually quotes from a post that is in violation of TOS. Telling someone that they're against TOS yet quoting the offending post kind of defeats the purpose.

We are allowed to say I found someone who resembles and post a link to public information. Basically you can direct someone to what you are thinking, but can't say it.

I feel like this is always towing the line. Then it leads to everyone talking about it too much and asking "what are you talking about pm me!" and then info starts being spilled, then next thing we know the thread is locked. It seems to be an endless cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member