IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just showed the zoomed in pic to my hubby.... he said is that supposed to be a human? I just see an owl. *face palm. He's not very observant and would never make a good witness to ANYTHING haha

What if I crop everything except the part showing facial feature (eye, nose, possible goatie)
face_crop.jpg

The north side of the bridge means its on the north side of the creek. The bridge itself does not run straight north / south. It runs at an angle.

Based on the what can be seen in the photos (namely the planks off to the sides of the bridge, one having additional wood hanging off of it & shadows) I can say that both photos were almost certainly taken by Liberty from nearly the exact same spot but she turned 180 degrees.

Based on Gray Hughes' work we can be fairly certain the suspect's photo was taken from the south side.

The green circles indicate where the camera taking the photo was positioned, green lines showing field of view & direction.

The bodies were found on the north side of the creek. South east of the cemetery.

Based on this information: If the suspect seen in the photo was involved he either had to force, lure or follow the girls across that bridge and to then to the east *or* they had to go through the creek itself.

It also seems possible to me that the girls crossed the bridge on their own, were exploring the woods south of the cemetery and someone over there attacked them. Possibly the guy in the photo following them as they explored the woods. Maybe someone else, maybe him & an accomplice.

Nice summation.

Right now the investigation in MOO is about DNA. So, we know that LE has DNA on file for RSO's. Now IF LE is searching RSO's that tells us one of 2 things: either A) they have not recovered ANY Dna they believe is from the killer or B) the DNA evidence just isn't back yet. If you had any DNA back and it didn't match anyone, there would be absolutely no reason to search local RSO's because they would all be in the clear! My hunch is they got no DNA back from their initial search of the crime scene which IMO also rules out sexual assault. JMO but I feel they are still waiting on DNA results because they did not get any at the initial crime scene... which would speak quite a bit to the preparedness of the killer, especially in such a short time frame.

Now, JMO but I also think it's significant that they are "setting up roadblocks" and handing out flyers. I think it is absolutely a ruse, to get a good look at everyone coming and going in town. If they think he's local, he will need food and supplies even if he isn't the one going shopping for them. Also they want to make sure he doesn't make a run for it. Sounds like the FBI is doing some profiling of the citizens of Delphi. This of course is JMO.

With all the tips coming in, I remember reading an article from Jessica's case about about how LE prioritizes tips. I'll see if I can find it. You know, anything to change the subject here.

Post by Knox:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Ridgeway-10-Westminster-5-Oct-2012-8/page31

About 100 investigators from a dozen local, state and federal agencies are working through the weekend, checking leads that may identify who killed 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

The law enforcement team includes FBI profilers, U.S. Marshals Service agents, CBI crime scene analysts and Westminster detectives, who are following leads and interviewing registered sex offenders, said Trevor Materasso, Westminster police spokesman.

A team of eight people fielded every imaginable type of tip Saturday, including advice about where to search for evidence and who should be investigated. There were even tips from people claiming to be psychic, Materasso said.

The tips were prioritized, but each one will eventually be checked, Materasso said. By Friday, police had received more than 1,500 tips.

Read more:*Investigators follow all leads to find Jessica Ridgeway's killer - The Denver Post*http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz29DjV3Aan*

So, the above gives insight into what LE is likely dealing with, as far as tips go.

I've always been rather confused by the need to constantly up the amount of a reward in order to get somebody to call in and report the location of a murderer. It seems to me that most decent people would call it in out of a sense of duty and public safety, reward or not.

On that same note, for a person to be so driven by greed that they won't call in a tip on the murder of two young girls until the reward reaches high enough for their liking pretty much makes them just as bad as the killer himself in my book.

I think upping the tip amount makes people who think their tip is worthless call it in anyway. They could be thinking, this is cockamamie but who knows? I could buy a house for that! I do wonder if it works to up the amount - if they can prove that people have been holding out and then when the amount is increased, call it in.

I need to get off the computer now but if anyone wants me to put together a case map, holler and I'll do it tomorrow. I hadn't done one because someone else did, and we have a lot of good maps on these threads, but it it will be helpful let me know and I'll crack on.

Yes, please! Please add the traffic checkpoints from today as well. TIA!

wow that's way too complicated for us regular folk

:thinking:

Granted there are only something like 2 true days that the sun rises and sets exactly east and west but the sun does not rise and set in the south in the winter. It rises and sets a little bit to the south of the true east and west line and in summer it sets a little bit to the north of the east and west line. That is what I was correcting is that it doesn't rise and set in the south. In fact because it's Feb and close to the equinox it's pretty close to setting truly east and west.

Right now the investigation in MOO is about DNA. So, we know that LE has DNA on file for RSO's. Now IF LE is searching RSO's that tells us one of 2 things: either A) they have not recovered ANY Dna they believe is from the killer or B) the DNA evidence just isn't back yet. If you had any DNA back and it didn't match anyone, there would be absolutely no reason to search local RSO's because they would all be in the clear! My hunch is they got no DNA back from their initial search of the crime scene which IMO also rules out sexual assault. JMO but I feel they are still waiting on DNA results because they did not get any at the initial crime scene... which would speak quite a bit to the preparedness of the killer, especially in such a short time frame.

Now, JMO but I also think it's significant that they are "setting up roadblocks" and handing out flyers. I think it is absolutely a ruse, to get a good look at everyone coming and going in town. If they think he's local, he will need food and supplies even if he isn't the one going shopping for them. Also they want to make sure he doesn't make a run for it. Sounds like the FBI is doing some profiling of the citizens of Delphi. This of course is JMO.

Even if there's no DNA, we can't rule out sexual assault. Bodily fluids don't have to be left behind for sexual assault to have occurred. I think there's a reasonable chance they have DNA, but it's not matching anyone in the system.

I think upping the tip amount makes people who think their tip is worthless call it in anyway. They could be thinking, this is cockamamie but who knows? I could buy a house for that! I do wonder if it works to up the amount - if they can prove that people have been holding out and then when the amount is increased, call it in.

I think this also makes people who are possibly a friend not willing to turn the person in more willing to. Criminals usually hang with other criminals. Being a snitch isn't usually a good idea. If there is a large sum of money involved, they may change their mind. JMO.

IMO I feel it's because some people are greedy. Money does talk.
I've always been rather confused by the need to constantly up the amount of a reward in order to get somebody to call in and report the location of a murderer. It seems to me that most decent people would call it in out of a sense of duty and public safety, reward or not.

On that same note, for a person to be so driven by greed that they won't call in a tip on the murder of two young girls until the reward reaches high enough for their liking pretty much makes them just as bad as the killer himself in my book.

"
I have been thinking about his hands in his pockets as well.

It's not like he's wearing sweatpants- his hands are shoved in those pockets pretty tightly. That can't be easy to walk across that bridge that way.

The way people have described those planks on the bridge it's very treacherous.

That leads me to believe he's walked across it many times before. I don't think I would walk down the street with both hands in my jean pockets. Bigger baggier pockets maybe but not jean pockets.

All imo!"

My first time posting on this case. The photo of POI on bridge has puzzled me because his right hand "in pocket" appears distinctly higher than his left hand in pocket. I've played with photo lighting, color tints, etc. and MOO is that he has something he is concealing in his right hand, perhaps in coat pocket/beneath coat, or a fanny pack.
For him to walk a treacherous bridge with hands out of pockets would make more sense, safety-wise. But, in his mind, may have made him think he would look more intimidating. Thus, hands in pockets. To walk with only one hand in a pocket (possibly concealing weapon) and one hand out may look even more intimidating.
His hands in pockets appear as awkward to me in both pictures provided by LE, IMO.

It's all how you look at the map. The tape is on the side of where the bodies were found. Left of South is east.

Left of the south side of the bridge yes, the bodies were found on the left (east) side of the NORTH side = The opposite side of the creek to the crime scene tape in that photo.

The way I am seeing it is, I'm just concentrating on the bridge and the creek. Untangling the bends in the creek and with the cemetery and where the bodies were find specifically in mind, that is the focus point, and it's north of the creek, across the other side is south (to me) MOO

They're only reversed if the front facing camera is used. Just checked on my phone.
Do you have an iPhone or an Android? My front facing camera doesn't mirror the image on Snapchat. It does when using the front facing camera on the regular camera app, but not through Snapchat.

Do you have an iPhone or an Android? My front facing camera doesn't mirror the image on Snapchat. It does when using the front facing camera on the regular camera app, but not through Snapchat.

Hmm... interesting! How strange. I have a feeling the snapchat photo she posted wasn't mirrored, JMO.

Edit: I have an iPhone.

Here is a rambling techie question: if law enforcement seizes data from the local cell phone towers, then can that data be sorted (using Stingray type software) to include pings during certain hours and also pings from nonlocal area codes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker

Yes. I was just thinking along those lines. Find other cell phones that pinged that area at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel