IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just conjecture, I apologize.
Not sure how else he could have gotten back to anything resembling civilization unnoticed otherwise. It's a long walk in a small town anyone walking around Is noticeable. It's not like a small or medium sized city where ppl walk for fun or exercise. If you're waking to town in this part of the country it's because you're broke. All the cars nearby would stare at you walking. MOO he has been there before working on a 3-6 mo contract or visiting fam and had the area reconnoitered pretty well. It would have been any vulnerable female that day.

Oh so very true! I've see people in my tiny town leave the bank, get into their vehicle, and drive across the street to go to the post office. I've given up walking about town for exercise. I just stick to the one-lane road that leads to my house and walk up and down, up and down to avoid stares (and occasional offers to drive me to the convenience store because they think my car is out of gas).

Understood but where exactly did they measure it?

Did they take the measurements right under the bridge ?
And 50 feet down toward the cemetary?
And 50 feet further down what was it?
And so on?

Point is a creek or river will have varying depths depending on exactly where you are. Because a creek and river gets narrower and wider and has drop offs and flat spots all over the place.

No creek is consistent all the way down it that I have ever been on.

yeah turns out I wasn't reading NiN's post carefully, and it's NOT *necessarily* an accurate reflection of creek depth, my mistake, and apologies- http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...17-16&p=13190297&highlight=depth#post13190297

bbm - there was a time stamp on that pic? I must have missed that. Is this official fact?
There was no timestamp on the BG photos because they werent photos but taken from screenshots of a video. Not sure if there was any confirmation of time on that from the police but I'd like to see a source if so.

I have a question, does anyone know if wildcat creek connects to deer creek? Make that two questions, where can I find out how many years and what years someone spent at a specific location?

I agree it's very baby boomer of them not to show a video except even 2-3 seconds would be very revealing.
<mod snip>

Hello, first post, but have been lurking for weeks.

just want to know what you know that makes you so sure LE are holding back video because...they're old? Is that what you mean by the 'baby boomer ' comment, that they're not tech savvy enough to solve this crime ?

HIGHLY doubt Delphi has Uber. I live in a fairly large city in MI that even has a university in it and Uber doesn't service this area. Lyft JUST announced last week they were starting to cover the area. I don't see a small town like Delphi having Uber and while I'm not certain my best guess is Lafayette nearby (unsure if it's even near enough though for Uber coverage to reach Delphi anyway if Lafayette has Uber) is no bigger than the area I'm in, if not smaller so... I'm going to guess no on Uber and such. But you never know. I was staying with a friend who lived in the middle of nowhere NJ. Couldn't get Uber but managed to get a 4am Lyft to take me to the airport so eh... but I assume the Northeast in general has far better coverage than here in the Midwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are correct there is no Uber or Lyft available in Delphi. they will allow pickups a few miles southwest of Delphi outside of town because it is within the radius of Lafayette but not in town or on the area of the crime scene. It would be a lafayette driver which would have taken 30 mins to get there so it would have been a highly unusual and suspicious ride, that is for sure

Coming to the end of thread #17 in just as many days...that's probably close to 20,000 posts!
I'm not chiming in very often as we've entered that circular waiting game that happens sometimes with the big cases on websleuths. I log in each day, sometimes several times, with fingers crossed, to check whether the title now includes *ARREST*...and then leave a few minutes later frustrated, sad and a bit angry.

As a mother of a 13-year-old, who is already accused of over-protectiveness, this case keeps me awake at night.

Understood but where exactly did they measure it?

Did they take the measurements right under the bridge ?
And 50 feet down toward the cemetary?
And 50 feet further down what was it?
And so on?

Point is a creek or river will have varying depths depending on exactly where you are. Because a creek and river gets narrower and wider and has drop offs and flat spots all over the place.

No creek is consistent all the way down it that I have ever been on.

My own opinion based on weather conditions that day and water temp. Even walking in a foot of water without having water proof shoes on (which i dont believe the perp did) you would experience hypothermia symptoms within 20-30 min as your feet would be soaked and probablly some of your pant legs. As water tends to splash up on your legs as you walk through it. In addition its my experience that just because water maybe shallow there will still be holes of deeper water that you dont see untill you are standing in it. Which in my opinion would not be part of this guys plan to march this girls across frezzing water. My opinion and i believe most plausible, Is if they ended up in the creek it was bc they made a run for it and he had no choice but to chase them. I think its highly unlikely that he purposely took them into the frigged water.

Creek depth was definatly waist deep in some places straight out from where the victims were found as can be seen where the searchers were chain searching. I would also speculate that the current was probably rather swift by the way they were holding on to each other.

Hello, first post, but have been lurking for weeks.

just want to know what you know that makes you so sure LE are holding back video because...they're old? Is that what you mean by the 'baby boomer ' comment, that they're not tech savvy enough to solve this crime ?

I was thinking the same thing. And baby boomer isn't 40. I'm 43 my hubby is 45 and we don't look like this guy. Perception of what is old obviously depends on the persons age saying it... but age 40-50 is not a baby boomer LOL it's more 55-75 (not directed at you just jumping off your post)

Marking my spot....please God help LE find this man and send him on his way to hell.

I was thinking the same thing. And baby boomer isn't 40. I'm 43 my hubby is 45 and we don't look like this guy. Perception of what is old obviously depends on the persons age saying it... but age 40-50 is not a baby boomer LOL it's more 55-75 (not directed at you just jumping off your post)

i agree, this guy has the same "style" as my dad and guys his age 55-65 years old

I remember you from L&Ls case, good to see you here. I said the same thing about the jeans (walmart, $18 or so) and compared BG to my husband's age (47). Also believe it was premeditated as far as everything BUT the girls goes... personally I think that part was a crime of opportunity. I think his fantasy/pre-planned scenario just happened to all come together for him that day and he acted on it, MOO.

think there's a great possibility it's related to L&L's case, too.

Thanks for the "welcome back", though I sure wish there was no reason to have a forum about such awful things.

My husband is 48! Yes, there is something about BG's posture, body, etc. that really strikes me as being in that age group! My personal opinion is that these kinds of criminals are committing crimes older and older because they're dodging prison - they're getting better at getting away with it. Maybe thanks to technology (webcams, unprotected social media profiles, google maps, etc.)

If your theory is correct, and BG had everything prepped and planned EXCEPT for having picked out specific victims in advance...that's even more terrifying to me than the idea that he knew they'd be there. Makes him even MORE efficient.

It's so disheartening that he hasn't been found yet.

img_1812.jpg

Diane and Eric, the grandparents of Abby Williams, left an emotional note at the headquarters of the Delphi investigation Tuesday.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/grandpa...-leave-emotional-note-at-police-headquarters/

In general, I am definitely not someone who would be considered an emotional person, but this brought tears to my eyes. What profound grace being shown during such a difficult time, and what a simple gesture that I'm sure means more to the Delphi Police Dept. than could possibly be articulated. This is exactly what I was talking about when I posted this morning about focusing on the good that we see in the wake of this immense tragedy.

In general, I am definitely not someone who would be considered an emotional person, but this brought tears to my eyes. What profound grace being shown during such a difficult time, and what a simple gesture that I'm sure means more to the Delphi Police Dept. than could possibly be articulated. This is exactly what I was talking about when I posted this morning about focusing on the good that we see in the wake of this immense tragedy.

same here.. well said.

This post is spot on. He was prepared. I bet anyone who knows him has never even seen those clothes before. The jeans look far too big and try doing what I did earlier. I put on a t shirt, hoodie, a bulky coat a few things in my pocket, I looked like I weighed much more that I do.
I agree 100%!! I believe he had been speaking to one of them and they planned to meet. I think to feel more comfortable she asked her friend to go with her. Then they weren't straight up with their parents so they told them they were going hiking and asked to be picked up at a certain time. When they got their and they seen the guy walking towards them, they realized this wasn't the guy they thought they were speaking to, probably got a sick feeling and scared, so she took out her phone. The part I can't wrap my mind around his how they couldn't get away. Did he have them at gunpoint? If not, why couldn't they have both ran when they realized something was wrong. Did they fight back? If so, does this guy have injuries to his face? There are many questions that have not been answered. Many people frustrated. I could be dead wrong about all of this and it could be a serial killer who has murdered many times. None of us truthfully know, it's all speculation. One last thought. I read somewhere that this guy was there, but also there was another couple someone seen near the trail. Has LE investigated and cleared them already, or is that not true.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member