DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
amp.theindychannel.com

By Jordan Fischer | Updated Feb. 15, 2017, 12:33 a.m. EST
Indiana conservation officer saves life of suicidal man alone in the woods

By Jordan Fischer | Updated Feb. 15, 2017, 12:33 a.m. EST
INDIANAPOLIS -- A distressed man called 911 Monday, saying he was attempting to take his own life in a heavily wooded area along the White River. That call was routed to an Indiana conservation officer, who found the man and saved his life.

Article Continues Below

The call came in around 3 p.m. that a possibly suicidal man was somewhere along the White River in Southwestway Park, along Mann Road on the far southwest side of Marion County.

I wonder could this of been Bridge Guy????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the call came in at 3pm in Monday (Feb. 13) then that wouldn't fit with the timing for it to be connected, unless it's only connected in the sense that this man knew something about the crime he knew could be happening elsewhere around the same time and was feeling distraught about that.

Since LE cannot/willnot provide a better photograph, why haven't they done a computer composite or even a sketch artist rendering? Anything would help at this point and time is growing shorter and shorter by the day. If they still need the public's help, they're going to have to give us better material. This should be obvious to them by now.

I don't think the picture is clear enough for any kind of accurate rendering. And if they tried one, it could hinder the investigation if it prevented important tips from coming in. What if someone wanted to call in their creepy uncle, but then they saw the LE sketch, and it did not look like him.

I think it is better for them to give what they have rather than try to speculate and draw a 'possible' face sketch. JMO

Since LE cannot/willnot provide a better photograph, why haven't they done a computer composite or even a sketch artist rendering? Anything would help at this point and time is growing shorter and shorter by the day. If they still need the public's help, they're going to have to give us better material. This should be obvious to them by now.
Just my guess, but I think, at this point, LE would rather go with an actual photo they know is him, instead of a guess at a sketch that they may get wrong.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

This animation has helped me notice a few things:
1. The brightness / color of the two images is quite different, look at color of wood on the bridge walkway between the two.
2. The "logo" on the brown fanny pack like object appears to be the same thing causing a more pronounced shadow or dent in the next image which looks more like a hoodie.
3. The goggle like thing under his chin originally appeared to have rotated 180 degrees between images. It hasn't, additional portions of this object near his mouth are just more / less visible between the two photos.

I think the white thing is the cord that closes the neck of a zip front hoodie. I stared at the GIF long enough to figure it out.

I don't think the picture is clear enough for any kind of accurate rendering. And if they tried one, it could hinder the investigation if it prevented important tips from coming in. What if someone wanted to call in their creepy uncle, but then they saw the LE sketch, and it did not look like him.

I think it is better for them to give what they have rather than try to speculate and draw a 'possible' face sketch. JMO

And I think it's going to take him tipping someone off through odd behavior that makes someone connect him. Because he looks and sounds like a million guys.

So you do remember that ? I swear I remember it and cannot find it any other way than this one....not sure why it would have changed? Am I just crazy? I just remember my 1st impression of that pic and then it went around the world from there and I lost track but not of the impression!

Oh well..thanks for helping

I have a screen shot of the picture I think you're talking about. It looks like the person taking the picture is NOT on the bridge but in the "woods" and they are taking a picture of the guy on the bridge. Is that the one you're talking about??

If the girls did cross the creek while trying to escape, and some clothes were found in the water, I think it's possible that he grabbed for Abby and got her sweatshirt. She pulled out of it and he dropped it as they continued running.

If the ride showed up by 3:30 as planned, I believe they all got off the bridge and he abducted them, did whatever he did and got out of sight within an hour or so. I would expect them to sit there for a while waiting for the girls, get out and yell for them when they got too impatient, then look around for a while before really starting to worry at all, They may have then called other family members to see if someone else picked them up, and friends to see if anyone had seen or talked to them. When none of that helped, someone decided to call LE and report them missing. MOO

They have said they don't believe that SM was involved. I think they said it because they had the video/audio and knew there was someone dangerous out there.

I agree. The girls had been there before, and it sounded like it was fairly often. There was no reason to expect anything like this to happen. I think it's healthy for kids to be outside and get fresh air and exercise, but it's getting harder and harder to find a safe place to do it. MOO

I watched the Inside Edition, it is such a long, high above ground and isolated bridge with no way to run or hide. Poor girls!

Speculation that it is the purse or bag Abby is carrying. See the photo taken of her earlier.

Respectfully, I do not think that Abby is carrying any kind of bag or purse for three reasons:

1) If you look closely at her picture, you can see that parts of the jacket on the left duplicate the parts on the right,

2) Abby has her hands in her pockets and is walking on a dodgy bridge. You can sort of see how her hands (in her pockets) extend out a bit as if to balance slightly. IMO you are seeing the dark lining of the jacket not another item.

3) Not scientific at all but based on my own habits: I carry largish bags with me often. When I put my hands in my jacket pockets, with a bag slung over my shoulder, I tend to push the bag towards my backside, behind my arm, otherwise it is in my way. I hope that makes sense?

Also, as to whether that is a part of her jacket in the photo of BG, if she takes her hands out of her pockets, the jacket will hang straight down, square-ish. The sides are curved in this picture because her hands are pushing the pockets out and make the sides look curved.

This doesn't matter except that it seems to be taken as fact in these later threads and I just wanted to put the other idea out there as we have no evidence that Abby had a bag with her, though she might well have.

I know that LE talked about a backpack or bag of some sort but we are not sure whether they meant that is might belong to the girls or BG. I would hope that if one of the girls had a bag with her that day, LE would have given a description, like they did about the clothing.

Not trying to be contrary here, honest!

attachment.php

Attachments

• abbybridgeuntitled.png
    abbybridgeuntitled.png
    383.3 KB · Views: 911
If this guy is not a serial killer, and ceases to commit crimes, he may not be identified. I am not convinced he is a SK. The billboards, widespread media and number of agencies involved could be attributed to the fact that they have a photo and voice sample, very ununusual in a case like this. Jmo

<modsnip>
Is there an example of a SK committing suicide? I don't necessary mean BG.

I don't think she has a bag either it is the material the coat is lined with that you see. Maybe coat was reversible..

Notice how the cord for her hood looks white....that could be how that cord you are seeing on the suspect is showing up...he has a hoodie on...you might be seeing strings of hoodie showing up white on pic just like Abbie's...

:goodpost: I donèt think she had a bag either.

Respectfully, I do not think that Abby is carrying any kind of bag or purse for three reasons:

1) If you look closely at her picture, you can see that parts of the jacket on the left duplicate the parts on the right,

2) Abby has her hands in her pockets and is walking on a dodgy bridge. You can sort of see how her hands (in her pockets) extend out a bit as if to balance slightly. IMO you are seeing the dark lining of the jacket not another item.

3) Not scientific at all but based on my own habits: I carry largish bags with me often. When I put my hands in my jacket pockets, with a bag slung over my shoulder, I tend to push the bag towards my backside, behind my arm, otherwise it is in my way. I hope that makes sense?

This doesn't matter except that it seems to be taken as fact in these later threads and I just wanted to put the other idea out there as we have no evidence that Abby had a bag with her, though she might well have.

I know that LE talked about a backpack or bag of some sort but we are not sure whether they meant that is might belong to the girls or BG. I would hope that if one of the girls had a bag with her that day, LE would have given a description, like they did about the clothing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Totally agree it looks like she's leaning into her left hand pocket.

attachment.php

(Everytime I see this picture, I imagine Abby's possibly frantic voice going "C'Mon Libby! Hurry, you can do this..hurry, he's coming....." Maybe just my mind running away on me...she might have felt best balanced with her hands in her pockets, idk...)

<modsnip>

The call was at 3PM, BG encountered the girls 2:15PM or sometime after. This was an hour's drive between the two locations at a good clip. I think it's safe to say they are not related. Respectfully MOO

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

So long as the unidentified DNA was entered in CODIS, it should remain there. DNA processing, however, is not a fast process. I'm not sure on specifics of how long it can take to get DNA entered into CODIS, but once that is done, you have to also wait for hits, which can take time as well. I'm sure they can put a rush on DNA processing, but this stuff definitely takes time.

My guess is if they get a CODIS hit, they are bringing in the suspect for questioning, and if they can't find him, they're going to ask for help (be it public or from other jurisdictions, FBI, etc). A DNA match to a name would be huge- not only because they already know what the suspect looks like, but because if the DNA match from CODIS was found at the Delphi crime scene, that is going to be hard evidence to explain away.

If they enter DNA and get a CODIS hit, but that suspect is also unidentified, at least it's another (big) lead, as they have another crime to compare to, but it obviously wouldn't be as exciting as getting a match to a person in the system.

My guess is they hope they can identify the person before waiting for a DNA confirmation.

Thanks for your response.

I posted a link some time back on an earlier thread of how long it takes to process forensic DNA. If all the steps are done back to back, the time is approximately 60 hours, start to finish. Even expedited DNA isn't handled that fast. I'm just saying that three weeks seems like they would have something back, but maybe not.

I do tend to believe the last news report on Feb 24th from LE that there was no DNA being processed but other forensic evidence was being expedited.

But it's good to know that if they do have DNA that doesn't match, it remains in the system. Crazy that it wouldn't get a hit, this crime seems to be something that was done by someone who has killed before.

The man who murdered my sister wrote a suicide letter to his mother before they picked him up... he knew they were closing in on him and did not want to go to prison...or face death penalty....

They are cowards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members