IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you know someone who owns a blue jacket call the tip line."

THAT'S the level of desperation this investigation is at.

Disheartening doesn't even begin to describe it...

Wow. This is beyond heartbreaking. I am so impressed with Mr. Patty's composure while he read his statement and responded to questions. And the LE officer was wonderful too.

I lost my 16 year old nephew in a car accident. Losing a young person is devastating. This case has me thinking often of my nephew. The abrupt end of a young life is tragic. It stays with you forever. When I see certain colors, I think of him. When I see certain places, things, people, everything, I think of him. When I see certain movie, hear certain songs, I think of him. He is in my heart and thoughts.

The experience of losing my nephew makes me wish I could do something for Abby and Libby's families. I wish I could find a clue or tip to help. I know the LE must be fully immersed in this case. I am just so sad about this case.

I understand completely. I lost my young (17 years) niece from meningitis. I still see her doing all her favorite things. One day she was fine and the next day she was gone.

I guess after following this case all along, I had not realized that Indiana has capital punishment? So.......... the stakes are pretty high here, huh? To me, it is .. so much more, to know that.. because it would be sooooo hard for someone to turn that guy in, if they suspect him, knowing that if they are not 100% certain... what the stakes are. jmo

Indiana does have capital punishment for murder (and murder alone) under certain circumstances. Indiana Code http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2016/ic/titles/035/articles/050/chapters/002/ lays this out in 35-50-2-3 with the special circumstances in 35-50-2-9. It seems extremely likely that this case would qualify for the special circumstances, unless the perpetrator were "an individual with an intellectual disability."

There are presently 14 individuals on death row in Indiana (who are imprisoned by the state of Indiana -- the federal government has its only facility for executions in Indiana as well). The death penalty is sought by prosecutors extremely rarely. The last execution took place in 2009, and there have been a total of 20 executions by the state since the death penalty moratorium was lifted by the Supreme Court in 1977.

Perhaps someone would be dissuaded from making a tip due to the death penalty here -- I have no idea. Of course, if the perpetrator is concerned about that, he could always turn himself in under some sort of arrangement whereby the prosecution agrees not to seek it. My guess is that the perpetrator is primarily hoping not to get caught at all. Of course, as always, this is simply my opinion, and not intended to begin a debate on the death penalty.

Yes they are! This was a terrific statement. He has tremendous class.
Yes. Early on when he gave his very first statement outside, so many wondered who wrote his speech for him. I found that highly insulting. He seems to be very educated, composed, gracious. A grandfather any girl could want. I'm very impressed at his restraint. I wish I could give him an hour, alone in a room with the thing responsible. But even then, he just seems too classy. Jmo, moo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LE is really doing all they can. They want this guy BAD! The problem is literally too many tips to follow. What a mess.

Just caught up with the press conference. What a sad case this is. I hate that we live in a world where there are so many evil people who commit these evil acts. It's really makes me so angry that these monsters walk the streets and think nothing about murdering and hurting people.

I'm glad the family have spoken today. We have no new info but it will keep the story in the news and hopefully get the tip that LE need.

Crap! I am really behind. What LE say?
Basically this:
"............…….................."
(Sarcasm due to frustration and dashed high hopes)

I need a link to the entire press conference. I only found part of it on the indy site. Thanks.

Grandfather of Liberty German speaks for the first time since murders
Length: 13.39
RTV6 The Indy Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3di3bCwda8

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE Libby German's grandfather speaks
Length: 16.51
WTHR channel

[video=youtube;e5ycUWF0AGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ycUWF0AGQ[/video]

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE Investigation update - Part 2
WTHR channel
Length: 12.03

[video=youtube;lahSv8SXKbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lahSv8SXKbc[/video]

Wow, impressed with Mr. Patty and thought he was so well spoken. I too watched on FB live feed. I do NOT look at the comments. I watch and leave immediately after it ends.

So true! The apple didn't fall far from the tree. The girls were heroes, and Libby's grandfather spoke with strength and was able to refrain from saying anything negative about the killer(s). Love and prayers for healing and justice for all who loved those beautiful girls.

I do wish LE would address either way releasing another second or two of the video.

"If you know someone who owns a blue jacket call the tip line."

THAT'S the level of desperation this investigation is at.

Disheartening doesn't even begin to describe it...

JMO that jacket is probably long gone by now, prbably in a dumpster/landfill by now. If he is aware his image is out there. Jmo

SBM, BBM, UMB

Interesting. That was not what I got from his comment. I'm not one who had a strong opinion about the Iowa and Indiana murders being committed by the same perp. What stood out to me about this statement was the LEO using the phrase "at this time" three times in one sentence. Is the reason they are not linking the two crimes "at this time" because they have no concrete link as in DNA to link them? I think that's a possibility. I'm still on the fence regarding a connection between the murders in Iowa and the murders in Indiana.
Me too..What you said.

SBM, BBM, UMB

Interesting. That was not what I got from his comment. I'm not one who had a strong opinion about the Iowa and Indiana murders being committed by the same perp. What stood out to me about this statement was the LEO using the phrase "at this time" three times in one sentence. Is the reason they are not linking the two crimes "at this time" because they have no concrete link as in DNA to link them? I think that's a possibility. I'm still on the fence regarding a connection between the murders in Iowa and the murders in Indiana.

Thank you!! I absolutely agree. Can not connect "AT THIS TIME"!!!

I returned to WS after reading about the missing girls on 2/13. You know why? I saw the article, the pictures of the girls, the area, I said OMG ... Lyric and Elizabeth, the Iowa cousins!!! Knew WS would be on this case. Sure enough, others were thinking the same thing!!! I truly believe they are connected. I followed Lyric and Elizabeth's threads diligently. Hoping and praying for justice for all four of these beautiful angels, their families, friends, and communities.

It's my understanding that they didn't recover DNA from the Iowa case because the bodies were too decomposed? I could be wrong however?

SBM, BBM, UMB

I am in no way diminishing the families' heartbreak, but when I see a member of LE almost break down I break down with him or her.

There must be very good reason for not releasing this IMO.

Have they ever definitively said that the *images* are actually from video? I know they've mentioned video was recorded, but have they said the images were from the video? Anyone have a reference for that?

It's in the News Conference from 2/22.

Unfortunately, right now I can't give you a time stamp as to where in the video it is.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter16/videos/10154728963476130/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member