IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the post you quoted I did not think the person questioned the LE at all. Did I read that differently than you did? I agree with your statement but I dont think it applys to the poster you quoted? am I mistaken?

I was agreeing with the poster.

the way I picked it up is that the twist is something that we do not know about, I am just having thoughts outside of the box but I am also aware of TOS so I am restricted from putting my thoughts on (virtual) paper.

Are labourers usually paid cash in hand? I just wondered if they would be able to trace a guy who did work nearby in the days before the attack who wasn't from Delphi.

:goodpost::welcome6:

I understand, and agree he might change his appearance....but his appearance is not going to convict him in a court of law anyway. Also, jmo, the crack in this case will come from a tip in the community, and the only way that happens is if someone in the community regcognizes the guy in the picture. If LE says, "we have a white male, aged 30-50,suspected of committing this crime, but we need your help," what are the chances they EVER find the perp from that vague of a description? Once again, I'm not trying to be dismissive, I just think the fastest way to find this guy,is to plaster his face on as many stations and billboards as possible.

Can you imagine the outcry if LE has a picture of this monster, didn't release it, and he went on to hurt someone else?

Yes. I posted the same thing pages back. I think they know who he is. I think the girls were targeted and it wasn't random.

Agree w/all... except "they know who it is". IMO they don't have a clue. Even if they did, he is still, at large, and we have seen what he is capable of. I think that warrants a word of caution, that never came.

Hi! I am new. I would like to say my heart is heavy, a bit worried today about this case BUT always optimistic and that is why I would like to post. Also, I have an educational psych background. IMO this was random and not a meet up. This person lives amongst us. He works, has people in his life, may not seem too scary, and he lives a double life which is very exciting for him. He shops at Walmart or Walgreens and he is out there living.... It is up to us to find him. As Libby's grandfather and LE asked, take that ONE MINUTE and pay attention and make the call if someone even looks or sounds close to what we have to go on. Also, SHARE both the photo and audio with everyone you know in every way you can or know how. Use every means to share it with everyone you know and those you do not know.... Gas stations, diners, everywhere and everyone.... We are the answer. I am optimistic. God Bless all who are reading this and especially the two Angels that Heaven gained...

I recall hearing a long time ago that it's "easy" for people to recognize people they know in a crowd or far away and have noticed this in real practice at concerts, fairs, the mall, etc. I am always able to scan and spot my person. But I just got around to Googling it to see if there was anything on the Internet about it bc it was literally a long, long time ago that I heard it and it just always stuck with me. Found this:

https://psmag.com/why-you-re-able-t...-can-t-see-their-face-8c9710cc6395#.7tpd7dy6i

The article states it is actually easier to recognize someone's body than their face!

So, IMO, someone WILL recognize this guy even if they see just these 2 blurry pics we have. Just need the right person with the right morals to do so!

MOO, etc.

100% agree. Someone very close to me is in the military. There are times when thousands of service members are standing or sitting still in an area, all in identical uniforms, identical boots and identical head coverings. I can scan the crowd and find him in less than 30 seconds. There's something about his body shape, how he stands, the way shadows fall on his face, that I know him instantly. Unfortunately, for someone to know BG that well, they would have to know him intimately and that makes them less likely to send in a tip. IMO. But someone knows him. Unless he's a total loner ala the unibomber, he interacts with other people.

Hi! I am new. I would like to say my heart is heavy, a bit worried today about this case BUT always optimistic and that is why I would like to post. Also, I have an educational psych background. IMO this was random and not a meet up. This person lives amongst us. He works, has people in his life, may not seem too scary, and he lives a double life which is very exciting for him. He shops at Walmart or Walgreens and he is out there living.... It is up to us to find him. As Libby's grandfather and LE asked, take that ONE MINUTE and pay attention and make the call if someone even looks or sounds close to what we have to go on. Also, SHARE both with everyone you know in every way you can or know how. Use every means to share it with everyone you know and those you do not know.... Gas stations, diners, everywhere and everyone.... We are the answer. I am optimistic. God Bless all who are reading this and especially the two Angels that Heaven gained...

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

I agree. I too have someone close to me in the military and their unit's FB page often posts pics of their exercises and I can always spot the person who is close to me no matter how far in the background he is of the pic or video or even if his back is turned and I cannot read his name tag on his hat. I can spot him. I once picked him out based on his hands. And when I brought the picture to his attention he laughed and told me it was him and said I should work for the government. LOLOL

100% agree. Someone very close to me is in the military. There are times when thousands of service members are standing or sitting still in an area, all in identical uniforms, identical boots and identical head coverings. I can scan the crowd and find him in less than 30 seconds. There's something about his body shape, how he stands, the way shadows fall on his face, that I know him instantly. Unfortunately, for someone to know BG that well, they would have to know him intimately and that makes them less likely to send in a tip. IMO. But someone knows him. Unless he's a total loner ala the unibomber, he interacts with other people.

if they were shot , people could call in tips about guns etc......if they were killed with a knife..etc......people tend to home in on things better with my details given....without compromising the investigation....other people have been killed and they release the info ....I get peoples points about keeping some things confidential but we aren't getting event the basics from LE IMO

I hope it's ok to ask this question. I would like to try to understand more about why this would be the case...

1. Why would LE not want to state that the perp is still at large and possibly armed and dangerous?

IMHO, all I can come up with is they may have an idea who he is. But if that isn't the case, what other reasons may apply??

There are almost 11,000 tips that have been called or emailed in. LE said today that 2,000 of those have been "cleared" and have no connection to the case, and 1,500 are currently being investigated.

Does that mean that 7,500 have yet to be processed? Or does it mean that they only have the 1,500 "valuable" tips left that warrant investigating, i.e. 7,500 tips were of the nature of "Did you see the shadow at the end of the trail way in the distance that could be another perp?" or "I think the guy in the photo is wearing a wristwatch?" or "I think the guy is wearing a fanny pack." or "I think you should investigate the cemetery for tire tracks cause that's where I think the murderer parked" etc. While these are possible "tips" that folks have submitted, they could be examined rather quickly and discarded as I'm sure LE has already considered those kinds of items.

However, if there are indeed 7,500 tips left to review (which I am hoping and praying is the case), then the one that could break the investigation wide open is yet to be investigated. Or it could be in the 1,500 that are in the current cue under review. And we still have no answer as to what physical evidence that is fast-tracked. The results of these analyses could reveal some valuable things that could be hugely helpful in tracking down the murder(s).

All of the above is MOO. I'm sad that some people are thinking the investigation is going cold, but I too have had that same thought from time to time over the past week. It is difficult to keep positive. I really believe that this horrible crime will be solved eventually and will bring a form of closure to the families in the tiniest of ways.

I still think if LE had the photos and held off for a while maybe the dude would still be walking around in those very clothes.

But it seems many, many men are walking around in similar clothes. LE can't just question every man they see in jeans and blue jacket.

:wagon:

I just wondered if anyone can give me some knowledge. As I'm new with no other case to compare to. If a POI is not caught within a set period of time say a couple of weeks is it likely to then go cold? I wondered if there is a pattern to photo out there and time to be caught?

Hope it makes sense!

I suspect there is about to be a huge momentum shift in this case, but it's not going to be in the direction you expect it to be, it's going to be the public demanding answers from LE.
With all the evidence they have, all the evidence they're sitting on, and all the evidence they're having tested...........the answer to this is somewhere in that stack of paperwork.

I firmly believe that the person responsible for this lives right there in the community. People interact and communicate with him on a daily basis. He's not hidden..........he's simply the last person anybody would suspect. It's not going to be all that much longer and all of the "bad" people will have been interviewed and cleared. By "bad" people, I am referring to convicted felons, registered sex offenders, drug pushers, criminal vagrants, and repeat offenders. So what does that leave ?

That leaves law-abiding citizens that have never been in trouble with the law. That leaves a person who has always been under the radar when it comes to criminal activity. That leaves a person who has simply never been caught.

Dennis Rader.jpg Gary Ridgway.jpgRidgway
Rader

Do the names Dennis Rader and and Gary Ridgway ring a bell ? Both of them had jobs, were married, had in-laws, and interacted in their community. Both of them killed people over a period of many years. Rader was responsible for 10 murders all together, and Ridgway had a total of around 50.

Because of their bland and unremarkable lifestyles and habits, neither one of them was ever really suspected by LE. None of their friends or family members suspected them of anything. Everyone was looking for a monster, someone scary and bigger than life. Nobody ever called in a tip to report them or even had any suspicion that they might be involved in the killings.

A person just like that lives in or around Delphi, Indiana. I believe the reason he's not being fingered may be two-fold. His position in the community, and who he is, or was.
If LE is bluffing all of us and don't actually have a DNA sample from the suspect............this case will never be solved.

Sometimes I wish this website had a chat feature that allowed us to theorize, chat and discuss things in real time without taking up so much space in here. But of course that would mean it couldn't be as closely monitored but still, it would be a nice feature.

There is a chat feature. At least there used to be...

I have had another possible theory keep crossing my thoughts ... could he have hung them? I can't even type that here ... it hurts to think of how he could have left a relatively clean crime scene. (and I could be wrong for thinking any of this, JMO)

I have had the same thought and it would be a horrific sight. [emoji17]

Does anybody else think (by now) that the FBI would have created a composite sketch using their technology from analyzing the video/photo that exists? The reason I say this, is regardless of how you change your clothing, it's much harder to change your "face". Just my opinion/thought/whatever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect there is about to be a huge momentum shift in this case, but it's not going to be in the direction you expect it to be, it's going to be the public demanding answers from LE.
With all the evidence they have, all the evidence they're sitting on, and all the evidence they're having tested...........the answer to this is somewhere in that stack of paperwork.

I firmly believe that the person responsible for this lives right there in the community. People interact and communicate with him on a daily basis. He's not hidden..........he's simply the last person anybody would suspect. It's not going to be all that much longer and all of the "bad" people will have been interviewed and cleared. By "bad" people, I am referring to convicted felons, registered sex offenders, drug pushers, criminal vagrants, and repeat offenders. So what does that leave ?

That leaves law-abiding citizens that have never been in trouble with the law. That leaves a person who has always been under the radar when it comes to criminal activity. That leaves a person who has simply never been caught.

View attachment 112421 View attachment 112422Ridgway
Rader

Do the names Dennis Rader and and Gary Ridgway ring a bell ? Both of them had jobs, were married, had in-laws, and interacted in their community. Both of them killed people over a period of many years. Rader was responsible for 10 murders all together, and Ridgway had a total of around 50.

Because of their bland and unremarkable lifestyles and habits, neither one of them was ever really suspected by LE. None of their friends or family members suspected them of anything. Everyone was looking for a monster, someone scary and bigger than life. Nobody ever called in a tip to report them or even had any suspicion that they might be involved in the killings.

A person just like that lives in or around Delphi, Indiana. I believe the reason he's not being fingered may be two-fold. His position in the community, and who he is, or was.
If LE is bluffing all of us and don't actually have a DNA sample from the suspect............this case will never be solved.

Well said, Steelman!
I absolutely agree with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members