IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wikipedia has a page on this "DNA Phenotyping". According to that page, it helped put Derrick Todd Lee away. That was the only case mentioned where it solved something IIRC. There are about 10 other examples where they did a composite and the cold case has yet to be solved. I honestly think the bigger problem might be the lack of coverage after cases go cold. There might be too many choices now with TV and Media in general. I'd love to see what the stats are for the Unsolved Mysteries TV show.

ITA, need the media attention to go with it.

Sooooo......let's do it! Take $6,000 from the reward $ and get this done (IF there is DNA).

A clear facial photo of this man will greatly increase the chance that someone will recognize him.

JMO

I wonder if the family member (was it Libby's older sister who also dropped them off there, or was it someone else? and if so; who was it ?), when arriving to pick up the girls at 3:30 PM, and they were not there, did that family member go looking for them on the trail ? Anyone know ?

LE has not revealed the identity of the individual (or individuals) who dropped the girls off, or came to pick them up afterwards. Whether this individual went looking for them on the trail when the two girls failed to show up at the appointed time, we do not know. If so, I am certain that they saw nothing of any "evidentiary value." In other words, the BG had cleared out of the area and was probably long gone by the time Libby and Abigail's "ride" came to retrieve them and take them home after their hike. [IMO/MOO]

I am certain LE has thoroughly interviewed the driver (or drivers), probably more than once, to determine what they saw or remember. Also, others who were on the trail/in the bridge area that day were also questioned by LE. Suffice it to say, that LE has left no stone unturned in this aspect of the case. [IMO/MOO/no links].

So sorry.... that was in response to a question. My first post ever and it didn't work out the way I intended. My apologies.

I watched the press release today and it was hard to watch, my heart goes out to these families and all the LE working so hard to find this person(s).

I feel like there is entirely too much focus on this guy and his blue jacket etc. that's just one clue in finding the horrible person who did this.

I don't think any of us on here know BG that's why he looks like everyone else we know. I do think that everything in totality will be how this person is found.

I hope people are thinking who wasn't where they should've been on the day of 2/13...maybe they called in sick or rescheduled their appointment. Maybe you checked them out at the gas station or saw him pumping gas next to you. Maybe you saw him leaving his home etc. if everyone would consider everything they remember about 2/13 then maybe something will trigger especially those in the Delphi area. Someone knows him, he's someone's son or husband or neighbor and that voice sounds familiar...that's harder for him to change. I think it's all of these things in totality that will help LE catch him.

We have the advantage over him, we have him on film and his voice. He has to feel like he's been cornered. I'm convinced it's just a matter of time. He's not a ghost and he will have to interact in society at some point. My instincts say he WILL be caught. IMO

Hello, This is my first post so bear with me I am a noob. Well done everyone for providing extra surface area to this tragic case and I hope it is wrapped up soon so the friends and family can continue with their lives the best they can!
With a plethora of theories and suggestions to this most heinous of crimes I wont to

A broken phone? Wait, what? When was that said? Was there a struggle in the water?

It was stated in the PC they held when they released the audio. When they was trying to describe scenarios that would cause one to second guess someone and report it. To paraphrase it "Did someone cancel an appointment because they said their phone broke and it no longer makes sense?"

That is what I was meaning. They mentioned that but they never said "Do you know someone who suddenly changed phones or numbers?"

It's just another one of the simple things not being said that may trigger someones sub-conscious thoughts and lead to a good tip.

Now, let's think. How would you respond if you were LE on this case and knew you had the guy but were waiting on getting all the ducks in a row? You release his photo and his voice, so he stays home and is easier to watch. You release NONE of the details so that he doesn't know anything about the investigation. You up the reward. The community responds in a joint effort and LE announces 10, 000 tips have come in.

What are the chances that not one of them is about him? Pretty slim. He knows it. And, in case he doesn't we have the FBI stats to tell us that the suspect's name is known within days in 74% of the cases. And he knows, thanks to the most recent press conference, that LE isn't going to just go away.

He didn't plan on being caught on video and audio. I will bet he reacted to that news and someone remembers that reaction.

NOTHING has been released.

<modsnip>

That is what is so frustrating.

Not really frustrating. Please look at it this way: LE does not want to tip off defense attorney(s). Neither does the prosecutor's office. They do not want to release info that may help the go free. Just MOO, but I want LE to take their time and build a slam-dunk, open and shut case with strong evidence that they can hand to the prosecutor's office. When this is caught, I strongly believe the trial will be moved to another part of Indiana, not Delphi.

Sadly I also get the feeling FBI won't be hanging around much longer either.
I'm not at that point just yet.

It's only been a few weeks. They have more info and a ton of leads to sift through still. I totally understand the frustration though. I hear ya...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hello, This is my first post so bear with me I am a noob. Well done everyone for providing extra surface area to this tragic case and I hope it is wrapped up soon so the friends and family can continue with their lives the best they can!
With a plethora of theories and suggestions to this most heinous of crimes I wont to

:welcome: to Webleuths Inspector R fowler!

I agree. That was ridiculous. I'm pretty surprised this case isn't getting more national media play.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

They need to show his pic on CNN all day instead of all the stuff about Trump then maybe someone would find that piece of $hit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to show his pic on CNN all day instead of all the stuff about Trump then maybe someone would find that piece of $hit...

Absolutely!! So tired of politics. This needs to be everywhere!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Photo of Abby was uploaded at 2:07. Video of BG taken at 2:30.how long would it take him to cross the bridge? That's a span of 23 minutes. Le says the objects in the pic of Abby at the end of the bridge are posts and not BG. He must have gotten on the bridge soon after the pic of Abby was taken or that really is him and not posts IMO.I seem to recall there was a gate on that end in some pics I saw somewhere. Not posts. All IMO.

I was reading somewhere in a news report that people are thinking they see someone behind a tree in the picture of Abby...

Why would they say that on the report...could it be true?

Just Wondering...

I agree it's pretty amazing software. But just to put things in perspective - IOW, how difficult it is to find a suspect even with a good facial rendering, someone in the last thread pointed out that such a profile was done in the 1988 Fort Wayne cold case of April Tinsley. Additionally, a year later (2016) the software company released an updated rendering.

http://wane.com/2016/05/03/police-release-updated-rendering-of-suspected-tinsley-killer/

I've seen the rendering - it's about as close as you can get to an actual photograph. Yet to my knowledge April's case remains unsolved.

NOTE: I'm not suggesting there is a connection, I'm simply giving an example where Indiana LE used the software.

So imagine the difficulty of finding a suspect based on a grainy, low resolution still from video. Same with the voice - I'm not even sure I'd recognize my husband's voice just by hearing "down the hill" and he has a distinctive radio announcer type of timber to his speech.

I'm not trying to be a Debbi Downer, just pointing out that it may take a while for LE to sort through the tips and in the meantime there may be someone out there who is agonizing over whether or not to rat on a loved one.

My heart just breaks for Abigail's and Liberty's families. :tears:
This is where MSM needs to get its rear in gear and start putting these pictures out there for repeated viewings. If perps knew that their DNA-generated pictures would be put on, say, CNN or ABC, every single month for all to see, they might think twice. If not, they might at least get caught much sooner.

WANT TO HELP?

Investigators are seeking information that may aid in an arrest in the deaths of two Delphi teenagers. Tips may be submitted by calling 844-459-5786 or emailing abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

Police are asking the public to avoid duplicating their own tips. Tips are reviewed and evaluated by screeners before being assigned to an investigative team and investigators may not contact the person providing the tip. Duplicate tips require screeners to duplicate their efforts.

The public is encouraged to keep reporting new tips about the investigation, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem. Police ask that anyone submitting a tip provide as much detailed information as possible, including names, photos, dates, specific statements or any other information to assist the investigators.

http://www.kokomotribune.com/a-fami...cle_c13c74c2-80cd-51b1-b83e-4186d4fe686e.html

[video=twitter;839953144834572292]https://twitter.com/ispperu/status/839953144834572292[/video]

Good job @ISPIndianapolis on ur interviews 2day. U conveyed how bad investigators want the Delphi Murders solved. Praying 4 the families.
@ISPPeru

So sorry.... that was in response to a question. My first post ever and it didn't work out the way I intended. My apologies.

No need to apologise welcome to websleuths!

Welcome to websleuths thank you for joining us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay