IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Observations:

Here is a quick visual regarding the properties surrounding the Monon High Bridge. Notice, almost all surrounding property is privately owned. The big red S marks Indiana State land. The trail and half of the NW part of the High Bridge is Carroll County property. The other half all the way to past the SE end of the bridge is CSX property. I have not noticed that before:

attachment.php

Also, the property lines N and S of Deer Creek run almost halfway through the creek!

attachment.php

Who knows, perhaps someone, who initially found the victims (in the creek??) moved them to one or the other property..?

All IMO

-Nin

Source:
https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=377&LayerID=5553&PageTypeID=1&PageID=0

If you follow the narrow property further SE and then South (eventually it will follow along US 421) you will find CSX owns the property of the narrow railway right of way almost to the county line.

The more videos I see of the bridge, the more it terrifies me. Its totally off topic.. but I wouldnt cross that, sorry. Its beautiful but .. nope.
After watching the video shared by @cattlekate above #769 what is the white thing at the very end of the trail? is that a path/road that goes underneath the bridge? shown at about 5:53 on the video? where does it lead, come from if it is?
Sorry if its been mentioned but had never noticed it before.
TIA
All MOO

Yes it's a small road that leads to a property to the east of the bridge, south of the creek

road.jpgroad2.jpg

This is definitely interesting, could be for unrelated.....but interesting

edit: although I find it hard to believe said person would be held without bond unless it was related to this case......MOO
I was thinking about that as well. I would think if the arrest were for something minor, he'd be able to post bond. The no bond sounds like a serious issue.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Since we can post about the arrest of RL, something I noticed was, whatever happened, it looks like 03/07 (last Tuesday), the attorney filed the Petition for Alternate Misdemeanor Treatment and Order and then disregarded it. The arrest happened three days later on 03/10 (Friday). I don't see any times listed at this link:

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...XSTRNVEF3TnpFek1UTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhNak09In19

http://www.awmlaw.com/HOW-TO-HAVE-AN-INDIANA-FELONY-CONVICTION-REDUCED-TO-A-MISDEMEANOR.shtml

Second Chance Law

This all changed in July of 2012. Now, certain Class D Felonies can be reduced to a misdemeanor if the following facts exist: (1) the person is not a sex or violent offender, (2) the conviction is for a crime that did not cause bodily injury, (3) at least three years have passed since the person completed his sentence, (4) the person has no been convicted of another felony since this conviction, and (5) the person has no pending criminal charges. The trial court has discretion in reducing a felony to a misdemeanor, so this law is best suited for people who have stayed out of trouble and otherwise turned their life around since obtaining the felony conviction.

I'm guessing he didn't qualify.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I was thinking about that as well. I would think if the arrest were for something minor, he'd be able to post bond. The no bond sounds like a serious issue.

He has no bond because it is a probation violation nothing to do with the case. No judge or Probation officer works Saturdays

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I saw the state files posted. But I still don't understand.

If probation has ended, how can they arrest you on probation violation? TIA. I don't understand that part....probation violation if probation date is past.

Yes it's a small road that leads to a property to the east of the bridge, south of the creek

<snipped by me to save space>

Ahh great thanks.. right so if the girls were accosted there he could have taken them down on to the path initially, would have meant a quicker getaway (as far as away from the bridge I mean)
Is the property lived in? Or is it a barn/outbuilding do we know?

MOO

There is a trail down a steep hill that drops down to the flat area where the girls were found. The area up the hill is toward PO's acreage. This can be seen in the videos that he gave to reporters. This could be the "down the hill" that the perp was directing one or both of the girls to go down. I know there are many "down the hill" places but not all of them have a trial and not all of them directly border the area where the girls were found.

This is speculative and thus probably futile but I am developing a theory, which is very rare for me to do. I never have much to offer on cases that I follow.

One more thing I am mulling over... LE's statement about the possibility of there being multiple perps. There is the possibility that LE thinks, based on some evidence, that the girls were separated at some point before their deaths. If so, maybe they have some recorded evidence of one perp and his actions with or toward one of the girls but they hear nothing to indicate that the other girl is present or they could even hear the perp sending one of the girls elsewhere. They may think there are two different places where a murder occurred or that the girls were separated and then brought back together for their deaths.

I don't know. I am just brainstorming how they can think there are multiple perps without being able to say that there absolutely were more than one.
Possibly why there are different dates of death for each girl? It could have been made by family, also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Since we can post about the arrest of RL, something I noticed was, whatever happened, it looks like 03/07 (last Tuesday), the attorney filed the Petition for Alternate Misdemeanor Treatment and Order and then disregarded it. The arrest happened three days later on 03/10 (Friday). I don't see any times listed at this link:

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...XSTRNVEF3TnpFek1UTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhNak09In19

Actually if you look at it, it was filed 3/3 and then on 3/7 advised the court to disregard the filing.

Filed By: Achey, Andrew A.
File: 03/03/2017

If probation has ended, how can they arrest you on probation violation? TIA. I don't understand that part....probation violation if probation date is past.
I read it as a 2 year prison sentence (suspended with conditions) that would end in October 2016 and 2 years probation, until October 2018.

I could be wrong.

<snipped by me to save space>

Ahh great thanks.. right so if the girls were accosted there he could have taken them down on to the path initially, would have meant a quicker getaway (as far as away from the bridge I mean)
Is the property lived in? Or is it a barn/outbuilding do we know?

MOO

Lived in yes, barn no. Looks like it has a an outhouse of sorts. IF such a heinous thing had not happened I'be jealous, lovely looking home and such a lovely spot to live. :/

I read it as a 2 year prison sentence (suspended with conditions) that would end in October 2016 and 2 years probation, until October 2018.

I could be wrong.

Ok, thank you very much. That makes sense.

I feel bad for him if this simply has to do with drinking violation. I know what small towns are like.

Question about Snapchat -
Libby took a picture of the suspect using Snapchat. Also the picture of Abigail was using Snapchat. Aren't those pictures supposed to disappear after a short time?
Why would anyone want a picture from an outing with a friend to disappear anyway?

Is it possible for Libby to have directed one or both of those pictures to somebody in particular (pics would remain on the receiver's phone until they delete them)?
Like, if sending a pic of the suspect to someone and then including a caption, such as, "why is he here?" or something.
What if the girls recognized the guy (a twist) except a name wasn't stated.

I feel LE knows or senses the guy is a local.

Did Abigail carry a phone too?

It's very common. If he missed his last monthly probation meeting, for instance, it's a violation. I totally get why 5 months passed with no action on it until LE started going through outstanding warrants.

Where I live these kind of warrants are not served - just filed as outstanding. LE have quite enough without constntly serving Misc. warrants for non-violent crimes.

JMO

Lived in yes, barn no. Looks like it has a an outhouse of sorts. IF such a heinous thing had not happened I'be jealous, lovely looking home and such a lovely spot to live. :/

Yeah... so sad that the whole area will be affected by this whole case now. So sad.
Thanks for the replies.
Hope something new comes out this week.. don't want this case to go cold.

He was brought in for a probation violation .
That means no bond will be set . Many times you have to just sit out the rest of your probation time in jail .
That said, he may be able to go before a judge and work something out .
It's standard in many states for a probation violation hold to be placed .

This podcast was mentioned by dedre in an earlier post on this thread, which is how I found it. Thanks to her/him for mentioning it!!!

http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/u76wk-3d4db/FBI+Retired+Case+File+Review+with+Jerri+Williams

Awesome podcast! It's in two parts. It's an interview with FBI agent Eddie Freyer who worked the Polly Klaas (PK) case from 1993 in California. Please take some time to listen to it. The posts on WS for the Libby and Abby investigation have slowed to a pace that maybe you feel like you can spare some time to listen to a success story.

I'd first like to mention that there are a few parallels between PK case and the Libby/Abby case: both have garnered national exposure, thousands of tips have been generated in both, both are high profile cases, both have taken their toll on the officers working the case, both have had multiple LE agencies involved, both have had sizable rewards offered, both have "eye witness" descriptions of the perp (in PK's it was a composite sketch made from two girls who were with PK when she was abducted; in L/A's it comes from a still image and audio captured on a cell phone.)

I'm going to note some excerpts from this podcast, but I urge everyone to at least listen to Part 1 of the interview with Eddie Freyers. It is lengthy at 1 hour 16 minutes but does move along pretty well.

In 1993, the FBI tip processing program was in it's infancy, but designed to handle and process all aspects of a major crime investigation. They ended up processing over 60,000 tips in the 65 days of the investigation! We here in Indiana are at about a month and have 11,000. So as you can see, 60,000 handled in a program that's new and untested compared to 11,000 being handled by a program that the FBI has had 14 years to perfect, we surely have the advantage now. I have no doubt that the tips called in so far for Libby and Abby have been handled as best as is possible with the technology LE has at it's disposal.

It was heartbreaking to hear this FBI agent share that after being at two months into the investigation, he was close to having a nervous breakdown from the pressures of the case, from the personal sacrifices and commitments he had to make. I'm sure those LE officers on LA's case are feeling the same.

As the days and weeks passed, the LE in PK's case fell under intense scrutiny by the public, the families, the media, who were frustrated with the lack of progress in the case. (Sound familiar?)

Their big break came from an incident called into the sheriff's office of the county where the crime occurred, about 2 months after the abduction. It wasn't even linked to Polly Klaas immediately. It was a routine call that a deputy was sent out to investigate. Upon investigating the call, the deputy decided to call it into the LE running the PK investigation, not even knowing if it's related. It turns out it was the piece that broke the case wide open and solved the murder.

Let's hope and pray that somehow and someday soon that a simple call comes in that leads to breaking the Libby and Abby case wide open.

http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/u76wk-3d4db/FBI+Retired+Case+File+Review+with+Jerri+Williams

Re the intake time mentioned for PO ... there is an app called Mobile Patrol. If you download that and enter Delphi, IN zip code 46923 you will see all current county jail inmates listed. RL is the first one on the list; his intake time is shown as 12:00am, but note that so are all of the others. I believe it's just a "default" time that shows up.

Question about Twitter -
Libby took a picture of the suspect using Twitter, is that right? Also the picture of Abigail was using Twitter. Aren't those pictures supposed to disappear after a short time?
Why would anyone want a picture from an outing with a friend to disappear anyway?

Is it possible for Libby to have directed one or both of those pictures to somebody in particular (pics would remain on the receiver's phone until they delete them)?
Like, if sending a pic of the suspect to someone and then including a caption, such as, "why is he here?" or something.
What if the girls recognized the guy (a twist) except a name wasn't stated.

I feel LE knows or senses the guy is a local.

Did Abigail carry a phone too?
I believe the pictures of the bridge and Abigail were taken using snapchat. When a picture is taken and placed in your "story" anybody in your friend list can view the picture or up to 10 second video for 24 hours. If it was sent directly to one specific person, the person can view it once, but it gives the person a secomd chance to replay the snap. Most people take the opportunity at this point to screenshot whatever the picture is. If it was a video it wont let you save the video, just screenshot it. Alot of people use this to show people where they are at, or what they are doing without having it forever.

Awesome podcast! It's in two parts. It's an interview with FBI agent Eddie Freyer who worked the Polly Klaas (PK) case from 1993 in California. Please take some time to listen to it. The posts on WS for the Libby and Abby investigation have slowed to a pace that maybe you feel like you can spare some time to listen to a success story.

I'd first like to mention that there are a few parallels between PK case and the Libby/Abby case: both have garnered national exposure, thousands of tips have been generated in both, both are high profile cases, both have taken their toll on the officers working the case, both have had multiple LE agencies involved, both have had sizable rewards offered, both have "eye witness" descriptions of the perp (in PK's it was a composite sketch made from two girls who were with PK when she was abducted; in L/A's it comes from a still image and audio captured on a cell phone.)

I'm going to note some excerpts from this podcast, but I urge everyone to at least listen to Part 1 of the interview with Eddie Freyers. It is lengthy at 1 hour 16 minutes but does move along pretty well.

In 1993, the FBI tip processing program was in it's infancy, but designed to handle and process all aspects of a major crime investigation. They ended up processing over 60,000 tips in the 65 days of the investigation! We here in Indiana are at about a month and have 11,000. So as you can see, 60,000 handled in a program that's new and untested compared to 11,000 being handled by a program that the FBI has had 14 years to perfect, we surely have the advantage now. I have no doubt that the tips called in so far for Libby and Abby have been handled as best as is possible with the technology LE has at it's disposal.

It was heartbreaking to hear this FBI agent share that after being at two months into the investigation, he was close to having a nervous breakdown from the pressures of the case, from the personal sacrifices and commitments he had to make. I'm sure those LE officers on LA's case are feeling the same.

As the days and weeks passed, the LE in PK's case fell under intense scrutiny by the public, the families, the media, who were frustrated with the lack of progress in the case. (Sound familiar?)

Their big break came from an incident called into the sheriff's office of the county where the crime occurred, about 2 months after the abduction. It wasn't even linked to Polly Klaas immediately. It was a routine call that a deputy was sent out to investigate. Upon investigating the call, the deputy decided to call it into the LE running the PK investigation, not even knowing if it's related. It turns out it was the piece that broke the case wide open and solved the murder.

Let's hope and pray that somehow and someday soon that a simple call comes in that leads to breaking the Libby and Abby case wide open.

Sadly , Pollys murderer should have not even been walking free .
What a dispicable piece of **** he is .
I have utmost respect for Pollys father !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel