IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Indiana State Police Capt. Dave Bursten played the clip during a Wednesday news conference. He said it came from a video on the cellphone of victim Liberty German, who had the presence of mind to make the recording."

During the news conference. Sgt. Tony Slocum said the search continued for a man seen in a photo. Investigators revealed that the photo also came from Liberty German's phone.

The man in the photo is wearing blue jeans, a blue coat or jacket, and a hoodie."We are actively looking for this person. This person is our suspect," Slocum said.

Does the above words lead you to believe that they indeed do have Libby's cell phone? And the BG is a suspect per LE.

Trying to catch up so doing the read fast and scroll method. I did notice about some going back to the loop thing under BG's chin.

Week or so ago I was googling Delphi and trying to find anything with people in it to see the common attire and ran across a video done by the school about drinking and driving where the kids got involved in the video to recreate a senecio and the effects (quite sad but worth a watch). Anyways I did find this which could be what we are seeing.

556ab4857cf506416a23ab49af401db5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the that did this, is an avid hunter. He has probably hunted the area, or close to it. More than likely, he a poacher, that shoots anything that moves. He is very comfortable in the woods. It might seem unusual to cross a creek in 40 degree weather, but an avid hunter wouldn't give it a second thought. I also think he is ex military. Just my opinion from reading a tremendous amount of material concerning this case.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Crime Scene Yellow Tape:

I've watched a few videos... can others on here confirm that the only taped off areas of crime scene are:
1) North side of the creek in the flatland down from the cemetery.
2) South side of the creek immediately across the creek from where the bodies were found.

If this is the case, is that because LE believes that evidence could be in only these two places? That the three either walked thru that area or the perpetrator threw something across the creek to the other side?

Are those the only two cordoned off areas?

Hi SomebodyKnows - I hope you are still on:

attachment.php
attachment.php

The arrow points to more crime scene tape that is located right off the southeast exit of the bridge.

HTH!

Pictures are stills taken from this video by Julie Melvin:

[video=youtube;NJopmUgnMAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJopmUgnMAc&t=142s[/video]

Attachments

• southeast bridge exit crime scene tape.jpg
    southeast bridge exit crime scene tape.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 664
  • SE Bridge Exit crime scene tape.png
    SE Bridge Exit crime scene tape.png
    497 KB · Views: 666
Is it true it requires a magnet????
There was a poster on FB (so this is RUMOR) that was on bridge a week in and was generally being nosy I guess
She photographed a pair of Mike's under the bridge, however she also noted that investigators were under the bridge with a metal detector. I and others speculated that perhaps LE was searching for a phone, gun or knife. Maybe the were searching for the cache?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

IF the cache was magnetic, that typically means it's a "micro" cache (think size of a penny) and attached to metal. Generally once you find a micro there isn't much point in finding it again as it would only contain a small piece of paper to sign that you've found it. Someone mentioned that perhaps one girl wanted to show the other the cache. The larger sized caches contain things like trackable items and other trinkets to trade and are more interesting to find. Geocaching generally is a safe, fun activity for the whole family but I guess someone could use the coordinates to ambush an unsuspecting geocacher if they really wanted to. Been involved in the activity for 10 years, seen lots of fantastic out of the way places and met a lot of great people along the way.

The police mentioned from the very beginning for parents to know what their children were up to. Why would LE say that from the get-go?

I went back and found that LE released the image of suspect on the 15th, day after their bodies were found. Jmo
Could be too soon to extract from someone's cloud unless family had access to Libby's accounts (possible).

I have long subscribed to the theory that phone was found either in the creek, or more likely at the crime scene. I would imagine that LE would have issued a bolo for any items missing from the girls such as: clothing, footwear, phone, jewelry etc with an admonition not to touch said items, but to call it in asap, if it hadn't been recovered at the scene. That's standard op in most cases I've been following. JMO, moo.

Whoa.
Not sleuthing ANYBODY (cross my heart), but what I wouldn't give to see a picture of the son...

AND his grown friends that played with him there.

Since poor RL got hauled in at such an inauspicious time, I've been thinking that just maybe there's a teeny tiny little chance it was to make someone that cares about RL worry that RL who is innocent, might be implicated wrongly...

Or maybe with him in jail, they are hoping "he" will think he can come back and get what he hid there????

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

A
I don't remember the exact wording, but there was a post in an earlier thread about the police maybe having deterred some people from calling in tips when they (the police) said they would continue to enforce the law or not look the other way (I forget the specific comment) in the course of their investigation.

I agree with the person that said this and feel someone close to this guy may not call in a tip if they have some issues that could get them in trouble (drugs, warrants, etc). A lot of times LE will come right out and say that they are looking for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of someone and they are NOT looking to get potential tipsters in trouble.

I think they should consider changing their stance on this and encourage people to come forward without repercussions.

I can see where you are coming from. But can you imagine the ramifications for allowing people the "freedom" of this. While yes of course your not going to have someone from the FBIs 10 most wanted calling in tips in the first place, but you let Mary and Mark off and they have warrants for parole violations, and then you get John over here who has a larger infraction and you arrest him, you have to stick to the saying what's good for the goose is good for the gander. IMO you can't loosen your purse strings to catch one person and let others off the hook. It doesn't necessarily solve any problems. Maybe you get BG, but then you have the same offender that has three DUIs and he kills an innocent car full of teenagers because he is out drinking and driving, and he had an active warrant that you let him off on because he led you to the tip that caught BG!

I want this monster caught just as much as everyone else, but not at the expense of any other potential lives being put in danger.

I'm not sure we are really supossed to discuss it? I think property owners family is supose to be off limits. I'm not really sure what the answer is there have been many statements both ways in past threads. MOO
You are right. I'm half bald from pulling my hair out. If I was twenty I'd just shave that side, add thick eyeliner and make myself edgy. As it is, I'm 53 and now half bald from this very frustrating case.

Illinoismissing posted iirc when she visited. Her photo is what made me " team Southside"
Hey fellow South Sider. That photo cemented my thought as well. Especially since it cordened off the begining of a "hill" that led below to a very shallow portion of creek that was pretty much a straight line to the crime scene.

I'm not sure we are really supossed to discuss it? I think property owners family is supose to be off limits. I'm not really sure what the answer is there have been many statements both ways in past threads. MOO

We can't sleuth the property owner's family. We can't sleuth the property owner, either, outside of his current charges for probation violation.

Hi folks. Just logged on for the day (home sick today) and was disappointed to see no new information in the media. LE seem to be frustrated with the amount of misinformation out there - so it would be nice if they'd give the public something else. Why have they not released the cause of death? I don't know...I'm not in LE and I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of these large scale investigations...I'm sure they have their reasons. It's just frustrating. One month....:rose:

He's a POI as far as I'm concerned.
It may be just semantics, but in my opinion Person Of Interest is not the same as a definitely identified perpetrator of the crime.

MOO is that this is the guy that did it...but I am not a jury or have seen all of the video from the phone along with any other evidence. With that, I can not say definitely....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Can you see the location their bodies were found from the bridge? Anyone that's been there know?

I understand you can see some of the bridge from near the body location based on RL's interview with the reporter.

Just a quick question.

If sleuthing the property owner is off limits when does it become possible again? When charged?

Just wondering, is it possible that Libby taking the video of BG actually precipitated the confrontation between the girls and BG and that she just kept the camera rolling when he reacted violently and it just kept going until the phone ran out of memory (thus capturing the whole awful event)?

if BG was on the trails for some other nefarious reason (eg breaking into local farm houses, or a drug deal)he may not have been too keen on having his photo taken and reacted violently in response

I think it's very possible they happened upon this guy and his partner doing something illegal. Here is an excerpt from the People article quoting LE. "After reviewing evidence, Leazenby says it appears the girls initially took pictures for fun but later became uncomfortable and recorded the video as a way of ensuring evidence."

I agree with you, he more than likely is.
But this is something that people consider when posting ...

“To say we’ve identified a single individual would not be accurate, but we have identified several people of interest,
” said Carter, who admitted investigators need to seal off several blind alleys before narrowing their focus in the search for the man in the images and audio Libby captured on her cell phone minutes before she was led to her death.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

Even if you feel that the source is not the best, it is what people are reading and where info is coming from

BBM/UBM

Thanks for the link Dushi! That article mentions "blind alley" in the interview that folks were talking about.

This is the interview that actually had LE being interviewed in an alley that I referred to above. I just thought that was a strange location for an interview.. a "blind alley" so to speak, and gave the emotional feeling of the meaning of "blind alley"... a dead end... the girls were trapped on the bridge. It just seem.... an interesting and emotionally grabbing place to do the interview I thought.

TrappedBlindAlley.JPG

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-continue-investigation-of-several-people-of-interest-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

NOTE: ED. :moo: The reporter, Russ McQuaid with channel 59 said -

"she took his picture of this man and recorded his voice as he ordered the girls to their death..". yet LE hasn't said is the same person. I think the reporter is not being factual that it is the same person though.....as LE has never said such.

ETA: Brought forward the link in case it is quoted.

ETA #2: Also noted LE repeated twice... "time will tell" :gaah: :pullhair: as I've always heard FBI and LE "stage to speak to the perp" (RIP Foxfire who said that)

LE also says "To say that we have identified a single individual would not be accurate, but we have identified several people of interest" <<-- still sticking to the picture and the voice may not be the same???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971