IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;841693075600752641]https://twitter.com/EmilyWTHR/status/841693075600752641[/video]

Emily Longnecker‏@EmilyWTHR 5m
5 minutes ago

We're getting tips on local people. We're getting tips on people from all over--ISP on Delphi murder investigation

Does anyone know what the minimum time (that is, on the super fast track like in this case) that it would take to get a good DNA profile from a DNA sample and run it thru CODIS?
No, but I keep thinking that it's not just DNA from a POI, but every local sample has to go through the same process. I don't know how many people that is, but each of them takes the same amount of time. So in terms of overall timing, we'd have to wait until nearly everyone else's DNA is done also.

LE hasn't released whether DNA was found under the nails of either of the girls. If they fought back, then the suspect would have wounds to hands or face as they would be the least protected. But most of the sleuthing has been on clothing, at least for what I've been able to keep up with. LE also mentions to look for change in appearance, clothing, etc... Based on this, at this point, it's MOO, that DNA must not have been found under the fingernails of the poor girls. or has it, and should the community be looking for POI with scratch marks to their faces and hands. This may have been discussed earlier in the investigation, but I haven't really seen much discussion here. I guess I was just wondering what others thoughts were on this.

Yellow Rose,
I haven't seen where the timeline said they were to be picked up at 3:pm. The article/link you posted says the following.
At 5:30 p.m., the girls were expected to meet a family member at a predetermined location. When they failed to do so, the family immediately called the police to report the girls missing.
I'm just making sure I didn't miss something. Someone just mentioned the sister was the drop off family member. Where is that link? Thank you!
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html

RILEY: Right. One of the family members of one of the girls dropped them off at one of the tributaries, so to speak, of the trail, and then they were supposed to be picked up between 3:00 and 3:30 that afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

In terms of houses, then yes the north would be more secluded. In terms of foot traffic I think the south would be more secluded.

People walk the trails on the north side. Most access the bridge from the trails on the north side.

The south side does have a narrow dirt road which runs under the bridge but at that point the road is a driveway which leads to one house which is over 600 feet away. There is another house over 500 feet away from the south side through the trees but the driveway is good distance before the bridge.

I don't imagine there is a lot of road/foot traffic near the south side of the bridge.

I believe the knew the area quite well and knew the chances of running into other people on the south end of the bridge were slim. I believe that the took Abby and Libby off the south side of the bridge, down the hill to the creek and then across the creek to where they were found.
I have been thinking that there had to be at least one other person involved that was behind or right near the girls. Otherwise I have trouble trying to figure out why the girls didn't try to make a run for the house where Abby lived (at the south end of the road/drive that goes under the bridge where it meets 252N). I can't imagine that the girls wouldn't have had a decent familiarity with the area south of the bridge.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Tuesday that authorities have cleared more than 200 people identified as resembling a man shown in two grainy photos taken from one of the girl's cellphones.

But Riley says investigators are still following up on tips about roughly another 100 people and that authorities are still getting about 200 new tips a day in the investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...ps-killing-2-Indiana-teens.html#ixzz4bJwksEjD

Can someone explain the lack of bail in po's arrest and holding? Is that normal for a probation violation up there?
Although this excerpt is from an article about Utah, it is likely relevant in Indiana.

When a judge reviews a probation violation warrant submitted by a probation officer he sets the condition of release. So he may order that the accused be held without bail or he may increase the bail amount and condition or place more restrictions on the accused. Bail can be posted for probation violation, but the defendant must ensure that they have a strong case in their favor..…

In determining whether to grant another bail to the accused a judge goes through the entire list of factors considered to grant the first bail or probation, even more thoroughly. All these are in keeping with Section 1026 of the constitution. The most important consideration is the nature of the crime charged and the circumstances under which the defendant has been accused.
http://badboysbailbondsutah.com/post-bail-on-probation-violation/

I know a lot of you know a lot about killers/sk's and their horrible statistics.

What are the odds this person has a criminal history?

What are the chances it was random vs planned?

Since two person child killings like this are apparently rare, what do we know about the ones that happened?

I find it so incredibly creepy that in this case and the Indiana case someone was able to take two young girls and harm them without anyone else seeing a thing. Thank god for that video. It may not have brought us an answer yet, but I have faith it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html

RILEY: Right. One of the family members of one of the girls dropped them off at one of the tributaries, so to speak, of the trail, and then they were supposed to be picked up between 3:00 and 3:30 that afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If they (whoever it was) came around 3:30 to pick up the girls, I wonder if they ran into the girl who reportedly was there around 3:49 or the other 3 people she said were there. Not that I think it would mean anything, just wondering if they saw each other, of if they helped look around for the girls.

My theory on this is the girls were mucking around on the bridge when BG did something to make the girls feel alarmed so Libby filmed him approaching. I think he then attacked the girls and forced them off the bridge, in the meantime Libby may have put her phone in her pocket while still recording then she has dropped/hidden the phone during the walk down to the creek to be found later by searchers. This is purely hypothetical but makes sense to me....

I too think they may have come up on someone doing something illegal or they were concerned about. But someone earlier made a comment about the high probability of Libby using the Snapchat camera instead of the normal camera. I noticed on my phone the video only works when I hold my finger on it, and even holding it the max length is about 10 seconds. It's possible she could have used the normal camera which would record longer without holding it. But alot of kiddos just use Snapchat so it would take a minute to use the other camera.

LE hasn't released whether DNA was found under the nails of either of the girls. If they fought back, then the suspect would have wounds to hands or face as they would be the least protected. But most of the sleuthing has been on clothing, at least for what I've been able to keep up with. LE also mentions to look for change in appearance, clothing, etc... Based on this, at this point, it's MOO, that DNA must not have been found under the fingernails of the poor girls. or has it, and should the community be looking for POI with scratch marks to their faces and hands. This may have been discussed earlier in the investigation, but I haven't really seen much discussion here. I guess I was just wondering what others thoughts were on this.

I can't help thinking that, because they have NOT said to look for someone with scratches (at least in the beginning), there must not have been indication for them to have thought there would be any scratches. Especially since we have seen that in other cases, they have made such a request. I can't remember where I read that though!

Yellow Rose,
I haven't seen where the timeline said they were to be picked up at 3:pm. The article/link you posted says the following.
At 5:30 p.m., the girls were expected to meet a family member at a predetermined location. When they failed to do so, the family immediately called the police to report the girls missing.
I'm just making sure I didn't miss something. Someone just mentioned the sister was the drop off family member. Where is that link? Thank you!

There have been a lot of errors in reports we have seen from media. I would hope coming from a State Police Officer that this is accurate. Officer states the girls were to be picked up @ 3-3:30.

transcript from CNN show, Primetime Justice With Ashleigh Banfield, aired 2/16/2017:

SGT. KIM RILEY, INDIANA STATE POLICE (via telephone):

CASAREZ: 3:00 and 3:30? So they weren`t going to be there too long. So it was about 1:00 o`clock that they were dropped off, do you believe?

RILEY: I believe it was right around 1:00 o`clock, and then they were supposed to be picked up by another relative at -- between 3:00 and 3:30.

[video=youtube;cHpzjx51h5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpzjx51h5A[/video]

Nancy, my old drinking games buddy!

I did a search on "oracle wrestling logo" and the only thing I came up with is a bunch of black and white skeleton head graphics. I am wondering if this is in regards to the white loopy things at the opening of the jacket?

OT: I just wrote a post that appears a few posts above yours and I had to go back and re-edit it six times! Drink!

Lololol! I have been tempted many times to post 'drink' lately myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone - there's SO much to read here...are there any suspects or theories?

What an odd thing to say !
Someone posted he/she was of the opinion that the GN could be innocent, and all I did was reply that IF that was the case he should come foreward bc he would then be cleared by DNA etc.
And by the way, I DO believe that the GM is involved in the murders.

Who is GN? Who is GM?

So, do you think that General Motors is somehow involved?

Whoa.
Not sleuthing ANYBODY (cross my heart), but what I wouldn't give to see a picture of the son...

AND his grown friends that played with him there.

Since poor RL got hauled in at such an inauspicious time, I've been thinking that just maybe there's a teeny tiny little chance it was to make someone that cares about RL worry that RL who is innocent, might be implicated wrongly...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

And that cute little doggie of his -- (or, was it a sheep?)! Anyone whose dog is so devoted to him is A.O.K. in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy