IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything is possible however tweets by LE today say the PO arrest was a probation violation and not connected to the case.

Yes, exactly what they said in the other case mentioned as well... police cannot tip their hand that that is why someone is there. Everything is behind the scenes. If they are wrong and they reported some other reason, reputations are forever ruined.

I agree with you. It was cold that day and even though it was a mild day for February, it was still very chilly. She dressed like when my girls were younger and they were worried more about how they looked verses how comfortable they were dressed for the environment. I just know that when we go hiking it's sweatshirts, jeans, tennis shoes, hair in pony tail, no make up. Usually a backpack or fanny pack with water if it's going to be a long day. I know not everyone is the same, but I understand completely where you are coming from.

My 14yo never wants to wear a coat unless it is sub-zero. She fixes her hair no matter where she is going. We do not allow make-up yet but if we did, she'd be wearing that too. I think for what was supposed to be a 2-2 1/2 hour outing in the warm winter sunshine and planning on pics taken, this would be normal attire. JMO.

Abby looks to be dressed like a typical teen to me.
Hair is up,no makeup I can see,jeans,jacket and sneakers Looks suitable for hiking imo.

Doesn't appear to be a particularly cold day.
She may have just unzipped the jacket for the instagram pic

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have to agree with others though, that she does look rather dolled up for a hike in the woods, and even when we consider her attire in comparison to LG's attire that day. Could it have been a planned meetup for AW, with LG along for the ride... I heard in the beginning that AW did not have a cellphone, but then later it has been said that both girls did. Does anyone know which is correct? If AW did not have her own cellphone, and she was a more private person on SM, it may be more difficult for police to get a handle on her activities and communications, and it could explain LG taking video.. perhaps LG was a little more streetsmart and feeling somewhat hesitant about AW's plans?

<modsnip> First, we have no idea what preceded this hike, so AW could have been out and abount doing other things in advance. Secondly, I remember being this age like it was yesterday (it was 30+ years ago) and I was so concerned with appearance that it would take me two hours to put myself together to walk to the mailbox. There is NOTHING at all unusual about her appearance on that day. Also, this wasn't a wilderness hiking expedition; it was a casual few mile stroll on a developed trail. Personally, I wouldn't give a single ounce of thought to this at all.

I have to agree with others though, that she does look rather dolled up for a hike in the woods, and even when we consider her attire in comparison to LG's attire that day. Could it have been a planned meetup for AW, with LG along for the ride... I heard in the beginning that AW did not have a cellphone, but then later it has been said that both girls did. Does anyone know which is correct? If AW did not have her own cellphone, and she was a more private person on SM, it may be more difficult for police to get a handle on her activities and communications, and it could explain LG taking video.. perhaps LG was a little more streetsmart and feeling somewhat hesitant about AW's plans?

Yes, I get what you're saying. My thoughts were that Abby was dressed to get some great photos of her by Libby but others are thinking she might have been meeting a paramour. I'm in a location where photo shoots by teens in nature settings are very prevalent and Abby looks like many of the photos I see here:) JMO

"Patty said it doesn&#8217;t surprise him that Liberty left police with that evidence because photography was one of her passions. It was the reason the girls were on the Monon High Bridge that Monday afternoon.

&#8220;She&#8217;s kind of a photo buff anyway, that&#8217;s why the girls were out there taking pictures,&#8221; said Patty. &#8220;That&#8217;s why they were out there in the first place &#8211; to catch the scenery.&#8221;

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/delphi-indiana-who-were-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams

I can'T help but wonder if he convinced them he was a security guard or a officer and gained their trust somehow and that's why they went down the hill with him. Especially if they went willingly without screaming or fighting.. He could've made up some elaborate story and they went with him to help him or something. Maybe the recording happened as they were going down the hill and the girls realized it was a lure and became alarmed. Jus my thoughts.
This is what I've been thinking all along. I don't see him forcing them off with a gun because he had no way of knowing who else was coming along. Same goes for a knife or any method of threatening violence to get them off that bridge. I think he may have confronted them about perhaps about how they shouldn't be there,claimed his property was nearby, and ordered them to come away from the bridge and call their parents. Given their age they may have been unable to logically deny his demand and realized their gut instincts about him were right too late.

I see him using that ruse as opposed to one where he pretends to need help because the police seem to think he scared Libby enough at a distance that she thought to record him. If he ordered them off the bridge they could have briefly believed his aggressiveness was authoritativeness leading them to try to brush off any creepy feelings and go with him.

<modsnip> she looks and is dressed like a normal teenage girl, nothing more and nothing less.

"Patty said it doesn&#8217;t surprise him that Liberty left police with that evidence because photography was one of her passions. It was the reason the girls were on the Monon High Bridge that Monday afternoon.

&#8220;She&#8217;s kind of a photo buff anyway, that&#8217;s why the girls were out there taking pictures,&#8221; said Patty. &#8220;That&#8217;s why they were out there in the first place &#8211; to catch the scenery.&#8221;

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/delphi-indiana-who-were-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams

I'd be curious if there are anymore pictures then? One was shared on Snap Chat, but were there others that were shared on any other type of social media/groups/pages? I did read that Libby loved photography, so I am sure between drop off and the video taken at around 3:30, there were several pictures taken.

I'd be curious if there are anymore pictures then? One was shared on Snap Chat, but were there others that were shared on any other type of social media/groups/pages? I did read that Libby loved photography, so I am sure between drop off and the video taken at around 3:30, there were several pictures taken.
I believe they've only shown the last one she uploaded.

How did BG get away?
How did no one notice a wet man wandering around Delphi ?

Um, with a car?
Well if it was parked at the entrance...thats a long walk back and surely someone saw him or his car that day .
If at the end he attacked..why would he have walked all the way around. Could have just waited where he was for someone to appear

Hey you guys, we're here to sleuth, right? So the possibilities are endless since we don't know squat. It's actually very possible that the girls, or one of them, could have gone there with intentions of meeting someone which had been planned in advance. Whether 'catfished', or arrangements made under some kind of ruse, who knows, could be anything at this point. Here is a photo of Abby from a time when she was fishing, in same general area it seems, not sure when the photo was taken. I simply said that I agree with what other posters have suggested, in that AW looks more 'dolled up' than what one *might* expect for an afternoon of hiking, and also in comparison to how her friend was dressed for same occasion on same day while the two were together. By 'dolled up', I don't mean 'dressed to the nines' or anything, okay, and I'm not insinuating any kind of blame or prejudice, just saying she looked really cute.

This is picture 6/11 from the link below
attachment.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html

Attachments

• abby fishing dailymailcouk 4224810.jpg
    abby fishing dailymailcouk 4224810.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,038
Hey you guys, we're here to sleuth, right? So the possibilities are endless since we don't know squat. It's actually very possible that the girls, or one of them, could have gone there with intentions of meeting someone which had been planned in advance. Whether 'catfished', or arrangements made under some kind of ruse, who knows, could be anything at this point. Here is a photo of Abby from a time when she was fishing, in same general area it seems, not sure when the photo was taken. I simply said that I agree with what other posters have suggested, in that AW looks more 'dolled up' than what one *might* expect for an afternoon of hiking, and also in comparison to how her friend was dressed for same occasion on same day while the two were together. By 'dolled up', I don't mean 'dressed to the nines' or anything, okay, and I'm not insinuating any kind of blame or prejudice, just saying she looked really cute.

This is picture 6/11 from the link below
attachment.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html
Looks like shes basically wearing the same clothes here! Just has her hoody zipped up lol

My best girlfriend and myself used to hike when we were in the maybe 11-15 age range. We would find old quarries and explore them, which often led to more old quarries. We would literally walk for miles on the canal bank, which was very isolated, no houses nearby. We maybe in all those years ran into another person maybe once or twice. But, I think it was a different time then. I seldom see children outside, and this is Florida where it is always warm and outside weather, especially girls, maybe occasionally walking home from school, and that's about it. We have many nature trails where I live, which are very beautiful and my husband and I walk them often, and we have "never" run into another hiker. I sincerely hope they find this madman. If he did this once, I have a feeling he has done it before, and will do it again. I pray for the families. This has to be so hard for them. Katt

That´s a picture from the side where girls walked or the another side?
Looks to me to be from the northwest side, which is the side the girls (and BG, presumably) would have embarked onto the bridge.

I have to agree with others though, that she does look rather dolled up for a hike in the woods, and even when we consider her attire in comparison to LG's attire that day.
BBM
How would you know how Libby was dressed that day? I've never seen any photos of her from that day. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay