IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO

Been trying to look at the big picture and coming to these conclusions.

A few quality tips from the public would be better than a massive volume of general tips that dont seem to be helping.

We need another bread crumb from LE to be able to provide those quality tips they need.

They should be able to release the moving video at least up to what we already see.
That could help identify his walk or gait and that could help people identify him.

Or release more of the sound clips from his voice. Maybe even a word or two more can be clipped out.
Maybe they could find certain portions where they could clip out a word or two.

He is either still local or he has left the area. Im beginning to think he has left the area.
If he has left the area then its going to take the BG messing up in another state or town to catch him.

Here is the important thing. Just like the public the other LE agencies are going to need something too in order
to know they have caught him if they arrest someone on an unrelated charge. So it is important that something more is released. Or at least to other LE agencies. Other LE agencies need something like finger prints or DNA or his name.

I am assuming they have collected some DNA or finger prints from the perp. I dont understand why there is no
match to CODIS or no match to finger prints databases. The BG seems to be the type that would have had a record in CODIS or had his finger prints on file somewhere. I dont understand why no matches.
Starting to wonder if he had rubber gloves on his hands while in his pockets.

The two things we need to know to help find BG is the motive and more of the video or sound clips.

The motive can tell us if he was local or not. If we could know whether they were sexually attacked or just to fake out investigators to make it look that way then it could help to know if he was local or not.

I agree Hatfield. Look at Todd Kohlhepp and the bike murders. He would still be free if he hadn't messed up and got caught holding Kala alive.

Thanks, I should but there is only so much sexism I can handle in this lifetime. It's also not very victim friendly. Off to work for me anyway. Look forward to catching up later. Be safe all.

I hear you. The red triangle is my friend. It was funny last night seeing people al ltalking about making a thread in the basement so they could talk about things not allowed here. I was like "yeah guys um the rules are site-wide" LOL!! DIdn't say anything though. Not my business right now.

Checking in. I see nothing has changed in the case. Wish they could release a little of "something" that may help. Sigh

I see people commenting on the way the girls were dressed that day and whether or not they were "dressed up" or dressed "appropriately" for hiking. Let me just say, between the ages of 14 and 16 I wore heels (originally the small 2 inch ones then eventually 4 inch ones) EVERY DAY of my life during those years. This includes in the rain, sleet, snow, etc. In fact, it's still an on going joke with me and all my friends about how it could be 6 inches of snow and I'd be in my heels. Back then we used to "hang" on "the corner" too which meant I'd be outside like that for hours on end cold, heat, didn't matter. I had my heels on. Hell, I could even run in them! We'd walk miles around the neighborhood, to the mall, down by the river, through parks, on playground equipment, etc......But I had my heels on. Anyway, just saying, if something had happened to me back in the day and I was found dead in the woods with my heels on, for example, all my family and friends would know that that was not an odd thing for me to be dressed like that in that kind of environment. Heels were just my thing. Something I loved to wear.

We just don't know what's normal and not for any given person. Or what they found comfy, etc. I mean, we all have at least one friend who refuses to even go to the mailbox without makeup. Then there are those of us who only wear it on special occasion. Everyone and their comfort levels are different. What may be "normal" to one person may be odd for someone else. You just never know. IMO

We go back to the Caylee case, and your siggy still cracks me up LOL.

Yes we do! LOL I miss the ones I used to have of Judge Perry too (pacifically....lol). He used to crack me up. I also had stuff about Baez at some point. LOL

We go back to the Caylee case, and your siggy still cracks me up LOL.

I live in a small town in Indiana. 1 police officer. He would recognize a local and probably quite a few others who frequent our town. He might not know their name, but he would definitely know their face. I have always thought it was a local all this time, but started thinking tonight that maybe I'm not so sure now. Even if you have never been in trouble with the law, LE, in small towns, try to make themselves familiar with everyone. That makes their job so much easier. My BIL is in LE and he worked in Indianapolis and he tried to familiarize himself with everyone in his district/area.

ITA. And the fact that LE stated they did not recognize BG from his pics, (and I assume the entire video), says a lot. I would assume all other local agencies have had a look at the same thing, and yet no one recognizes him. Then you have billboards in every state that allows them. Then add that LE asked if anyone saw a hitchhiker. I'm still on team vagrant. Still, I would not be shocked to find out this is a local recluse or something.

Sorry, I do not have links. I believe the above LE statement came from a radio show that was interviewing LE over the phone.

sorry if this was already posted -

http://www.washingtontimesreporter....ousands-of-tips-in-killing-of-2-indiana-teens

Police investigating the killing of two teenage girls in northwestern Indiana say they have interviewed more than 300 people and are following up on thousands of tips.

<snip>

authorities have cleared more than 200 people identified as resembling a man shown in two grainy photos taken from one of the girl's cellphones.

But Riley says investigators are still following up on tips about roughly another 100 people...

<snip>

(snips to adhere to 10% copyright rule, it's a short article)

True, but serial killers are not as common as movies / TV might have us believe.

Radford University has some serial killer statistics available online.

Number of serial killer victims by year (USA):

2010 -- 129
2011 -- 91
2012 -- 101
2013 -- 70
2014 -- 71
2015 -- 57
2016 -- 25

(For years 2014 - 2016 they warn to allow for a lag between murder and identification of the serial killer.)

Source: http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Serial Killer Information Center/Serial Killer Statistics.pdf

That is 544 people, which is a huge number to me. It is many more than i ever would have thought.

Why is everyone so adverse on the catfish theory? The poor girl does look over dressed for the woods. 13 year old girls do like boys and sometimes lie to their parents. Not right or wrong, just life.

Most logical assumptions

Planned is much more likely. If planned, catfish is the main next assumption.

Sheesh, for a bunch of "sleuths" I've seen nothing but resistance to anything other than debating over the pixels of an intentially blurry photo. Steve jobs would roll over in his grave if he heard people saying that was the best quality they could retrieve. All he other pics were super high res, but those two still were from a potato.

A good detective would consider a theory instead of disregarding it. No one is judging the girls for potentially meeting a boy and telling a small lie. It's just foolish not to consider it. You all owe it to the girls to consider all possibilities.

Imagine if they were catfished and everyone just disregarded the theory? The girls deserve more than that.

One thing that still bothers me is a statement that Sgt. Kim Riley said on Feb. 15th.

&#8220;Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what&#8217;s going on in their lives. That&#8217;s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.&#8221;

http://kfor.com/2017/02/15/2-bodies-discovered-during-search-for-missing-teens/

Added: I don't think the girls were overdressed.

I'm also reposting this because it is so interesting, I did not realize the last thread was closing or I would have waited to post this:

A little earlier I posted a transcription of a telephone interview with the Sheriff. Between the comment below, and the other comment about the nightmare thing.. it sure makes me wonder what we don't know about what happened to the girls.

Excerpt from telephone interview (posted on the media thread):
In all the cases I've followed and been touched by, I've never seen LE as distressed and angry as these investigators are.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I am pages behind. We got 33 inches of snow here and it's kept us very busy (spouse and child plow/clear snow for a living, so I've had to hold down the fort here with firewood etc). I did not realize there was a suspect in Jessica's case. Thank you for mentioning it.

I'm guessing nothing new has happened since this time yesterday... ? thanks and good morning everyone.

No problem. Off topic the perp in Jessica's case Jeffrey Willis is pure evil he has murdered another lady (a mum called Rebekah Bletsch) and he tried to kidnap a teenager who escaped and that's how he got caught. His cousin claims he saw Jessica lying dead in the perps basement with a video camera close by. Jeffrey drove about with a rape kit in his van ready for when the opportunity arrived. He had child *advertiser censored* and videos of sick individuals having sex with dead people on his computer. It's a horrific case and Jessica's remains are still to be located.

Another thing I wanted to add, Many states are way behind processing and logging in DNA collected from felons. The laws were put into place, but there was no funding attached to it. A lot of rape kits are also sitting in evidence rooms because they have not been processed. It's possible that BG has had his DNA collected for a felony, or that he's connected to other crimes because the system is backlogged.

I have seen speculation that the white we see in bridge guy neck area is a shopping bag, rope, or goggles. Is it possible it is a bandana or scarf or gaitor(for skiing or for wearing tomorrow if you live in NY)?
If so, something like that could be pulled up quickly to help hide his face.
Ha, I had to look up gaitor because I'm from NY and I thought, what am I missing?

Could be. It know it's something. I think it's a plastic bag handle poking out the top. I really think he had been drinking in the park. It's just something my mind's eye has latched onto. But a gaitor or scarf or bandana is also possible.

I don't think it's a skull emblem or vape smoke. (Ideas that were talked about in depth).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JMO
I don't think. The parents of either girl knew they were out there till after the fact.

Dear Deltucky,

I am saddened to hear of the murder and double kidnapping where you live. Thank goodness the little baby is okay but
he will never have his mother. Saying prayers for Amanda and her family and friends. How devastating for them all !

Sounds as if her (Amanda - the baby's mother's) Dad was protecting her by keeping her at his house ? Apparently her ex kicked the door in and that's when it all began. Her ex waited until five in the morning when Amanda's Dad left to kick in the door.
Most folks wouldn't expect someone doing this that time of the morning. It can happen anytime. He must have watched that house.

These tragedies seem worse in a small town because everyone 'knows everyone else'. On the other hand, small communities have tremendous strength.

Take care

ETA:

I read your posts on the thread concerning this and you would be an excellent reporter!

Thank you for the compliment. It is a little overwhelming to have happened only a short distance from me. Our little town of Delta, Ohio has seen way too much criminal activity in the last few years.

Since locals don't recognize him, he's a transient. Concerned people should mail, fax, or scan the reward poster to as many homeless shelters and soup kitchens as they can.
Absolutely!! Great idea. Those flyers should be in such places. These people live off the grid with their own set of woes, challenges and sub culture. Most may even be unaware of what happened.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Easier said than done.....as far as knowing what your kids are doing. Many parents are very active in their kids lives and still don't know EVERYTHING their kids do.

I'll never forget when my parents and I finally got to the level of being friends as adults and I finally told them all the stuff I did as a teen. Stuff they had no clue about. I thought they'd pass out. LOL And the first things out of my dad's mouth was, "how the hell did you do all these things when you had an early curfew, I used to follow you and would even drive by your hangout to check on you?" LOL Yeah dad, as crazy as your were with being a helicopter parent I still managed to find time to smoke weed, drink alcohol, cut school, hitch rides from strangers, end up in neighborhoods I wasn't allowed to be in, went into "hot guys" houses with my friends, dated guys I shouldn't have dated, drove in cars I wasn't allowed to be in, etc. And we're talking I started doing these things at the age of 14!!! So yup. So, it happens. We THINK we know it all about our kids but sometimes we just don't. JMO

One thing that still bothers me is a statement that Sgt. Kim Riley said on Feb. 15th.

&#8220;Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what&#8217;s going on in their lives. That&#8217;s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.&#8221;

http://kfor.com/2017/02/15/2-bodies-discovered-during-search-for-missing-teens/

So often we have heard people comment that unfortunately we will never have a video of the crime as it unfolds, yet in this case we have exactly that. We have photos and an audio track that directly connect the murder to a suspect, and still it has not helped in identifying the suspect.

What that tells me is that this man does not normally dress like that, and no one knew that he would be on the Monon Trail bridge that day. Other than that, there are probably many people who would otherwise recognize this man.

It reminds me again of the well known photographer with a wife and two young daughters from Montana who went on a photography vacation alone. He drove to Wyoming, abducted an 11 year old girl, drove her to a secluded location, raped her, and then left her on a mountain side in the middle of the night, where she would have died except for a hunting party that stayed too late that night. He would never have been arrested had it not been for the hunting party.

It's like Paul Bernarado, accountant with a large international accounting firm by day, and rapist by night.

This man probably has a normal life with a respectable job, a nice family, and a hobby of abducting and murdering children. I can't think of any other reason that he could be hiding in plain sight without anyone suspecting him in spite of a video of the crime as it unfolded.

Why is everyone so adverse on the catfish theory? The poor girl does look over dressed for the woods. 13 year old girls do like boys and sometimes lie to their parents. Not right or wrong, just life.

Most logical assumptions

Planned is much more likely. If planned, catfish is the main next assumption.

A good detective would consider a theory instead of disregarding it. No one is judging the girls for potentially meeting a boy and telling a small lie. It's just foolish not to consider it. You all owe it to the girls to consider all possibilities.

Imagine if they were catfished and everyone just disregarded the theory? The girls deserve more than that.

I'm not adverse to the catfish theory, it was what I actually assumed, at first, due to Sgt Riley's "know what your kids are doing" comment, as well as the Sheriffs comment about not thinking a chance encounter was likely.

Many people here have said the same so not sure why you say "everyone is adverse."

Although I have since thought it was less likely.

As to overdressed for Abby, no. I live with a teen who recently turned 15. Going out, anywhere, is a stage production. Even yoga pants or jeans are specifically chosen and matched with tops, etc, and makeup.

Not sure why you're lecturing us. I've read every post in every thread. Not sure what you expect to be said here on a catfish theory since we can't sleuth random people on here. That isn't saying people haven't done it and called in tips if they've found something/someone.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So often we have heard people comment that unfortunately we will never have a video of the crime as it unfolds, yet in this case we have exactly that. We have photos and an audio track that directly connect the murder to a suspect, and still it has not helped in identifying the suspect.

What that tells me is that this man does not normally dress like that, and no one knew that he would be on the Monon Trail bridge that day. Other than that, there are probably many people who would otherwise recognize this man.

It reminds me again of the well known photographer with a wife and two young daughters from Montana who went on a photography vacation alone. He drove to Wyoming, abducted an 11 year old girl, drove her to a secluded location, raped her, and then left her on a mountain side in the middle of the night, where she would have died except for a hunting party that stayed too late that night. He would never have been arrested had it not been for the hunting party.

It's like Paul Bernarado, accountant with a large international accounting firm by day, and rapist by night.

This man probably has a normal life with a respectable job, a nice family, and a hobby of abducting and murdering children. I can't think of any other reason that he could be hiding in plain sight without anyone suspecting him in spite of a video of the crime as it unfolded.

Searched this Paul guy story, the Canadian law is a total failure to me. This guy is due to be out in a few years. Watch out girls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member