IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searched this Paul guy story, the Canadian law is a total failure to me. This guy is due to be out in a few years. Watch out girls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's incorrect. That "Paul" guy is a designated long term offender and will never be released from prison.

True, but serial killers are not as common as movies / TV might have us believe.

Radford University has some serial killer statistics available online.

Number of serial killer victims by year (USA):

2010 -- 129
2011 -- 91
2012 -- 101
2013 -- 70
2014 -- 71
2015 -- 57
2016 -- 25

(For years 2014 - 2016 they warn to allow for a lag between murder and identification of the serial killer.)

Source: http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Serial Killer Information Center/Serial Killer Statistics.pdf
I know I read that there are between 25 and 50 serial killers currently operating in the U.S. that is a really small number in the great scheme of things for sure.

But I truly believe the way this case is being handled, that the FBI and LE are seriously considering this could be the work of a SK. 6000 billboards across the country just doesn't happen. Go look at the Crimes against Children forums.

What creeps me out about that statistic is that it means the FBI are sitting on unsolved murders, some of which have signatures, or similarities too close to dismiss. Which also brings me back to Lyric and Elizabeth. And which also tells me, if this IS the work of a SK we may not catch this perp for a long time, or until he strikes again.

The only light at the end of that tunnel for me, is Jesse Matthews. He probably would have gotten away with murdering
Hannah Graham, except he was caught on CCTV. He was photographed earlier that night in a bar, etc. He got too cocky.
So did our BG. He struck on broad daylight. He inadvertantly allowed himself to be filmed and recorded, and he neglected to properly destroy the phone(or didn't understand how back up to cloud works).

Phew, my coffee rush just wore off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That's incorrect. That "Paul" guy is a designated long term offender and will never be released from prison.

I thought he is served for 25 years. He was caught in 1993? And even he was listed as a suspect as the rape criminals and submitted his DNA, the Canadian LE didn't test his DNA 26 for 26 months??

And his wife Karla, killed at least 3 girls with her husband, only served 12 ys in prison??

What does "catfish" mean?

To pretend to be someone else on social media, using photos of someone younger/more attractive/of a suitable age for the people you're "catfishing" - trying to fool/lure into thinking you're something you're not for the sake of an online relationship, or sometimes nefarious purposes.

It's the name of an MTV show that has had a lot of popularity in the past number of years, since a lot of people make facebook profiles claiming to be young gorgeous models but are actually old pedophiles, or simply less-glamorous looking people, etc.

Old guys pretending to be young guys, hitting up schoolgirls,,, etc

Catfish: A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances.

Thanks! My first thought was that this is an online luring abduction, but I thought the same thing with the Evansdale cousins and there has been no proof of a luring. I was wrong, or the evidence is buried deep.

I think it's a bit weird that anyone would identify one of the two girls as 'dolled' up to meet an online friend. I don't see either of the children as dressing provocatively or seductively for an afternoon walk in the park, and it's probably quite upsetting for the family to know that some people think their daughters were dressed inappropriately for a day hike.

I thought he is served for 25 years. He was caught in 1993?

My understanding is that he can apply for parole (may not be called that in Canada?) in February 2018 but is unlikely to ever actually get out. I can't remember where I read it but will look for source.

Edited to add: "Bernardo, who was assisted in the crimes by his then-wife, Karla Homolka, was sentenced to prison with no chance of parole for 25 years." He has applied for day parole, which can be done three years before eligibility for regular parole.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/03/sadistic-bored-paul-bernardo-applies-for-day-parole-lawyer

Here's where I got the February 2018 date: "Bernardo became eligible for day parole on Feb. 17, 2015, according to Parole Board of Canada spokesperson Holly Knowles. He is eligible for full parole in 2018."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/paul-bernardo-killer-hearing-day-parole-1.3831115

I do not foresee a thread in the anytime soon.

Rarely we have a thread about a case in the private area of Websleuths. If we do for whatever reason we will let you all know.
Tricia

I'd love a private thread to discuss the things we can't discuss here.

“To say we’ve identified a single individual would not be accurate, but we have identified several people of interest,” said Carter.

This was 48 hours ago!!! Let's stay positive. "SEVERAL PEOPLE OF INTEREST"

I thought he is served for 25 years. He was caught in 1993?

He received a sentence of 25 years before he is eligible for parole, and then he was designated a long term offender, which means that he will never be released from prison. It's a special designation for serial murderers who are particularly dangerous.

Another thing I wanted to add, Many states are way behind processing and logging in DNA collected from felons. The laws were put into place, but there was no funding attached to it. A lot of rape kits are also sitting in evidence rooms because they have not been processed. It's possible that BG has had his DNA collected for a felony, or that he's connected to other crimes because the system is backlogged.

There is a man missing from a small town near me and they found blood in his workshop. The sheriff said they have some help to get it processed faster because normally it takes a year! A year!

This man probably has a normal life with a respectable job, a nice family, and a hobby of abducting and murdering children. I can't think of any other reason that he could be hiding in plain sight without anyone suspecting him in spite of a video of the crime as it unfolded.

I can: he doesn't live locally, which makes him less subject to scrutiny and without a need to hide. Whether or not he grew up locally, I strongly suspect he does not live in the area now.

(I don't disagree with you that he may be less visible if the social structure of his life is conventional; simply that geography may play a role.)

I do not foresee a thread in the anytime soon.

Rarely we have a thread about a case in the private area of Websleuths. If we do for whatever reason we will let you all know.
Tricia

Thank you for addressing this! I hope this one is solved before we need many more threads.

<modsnip>

Well bob, She's not in a tshirt and sweats, just saying. And don't get me wrong I'm not critical of how she's dressed. What got me thinking is that she looks so different from the other photos circulating. Since LE is determined to save any critical updates until they absolutely need public assistance, I gotta work backwards. Starting with : Why were the girls there ? Why was BG there? Do you believe in coincidences ? Fine if you do, I just am not a believer that this vulnerable twosome was out there at the very far end of the trail to go hike on a day off. Again, which teens do you ever see do that at that age? Usually if you see teens out in the country they are partying and that's the 15-20 age group.

Other ?'s may include Why did he take them to a perfect spot to abduct and possibly transport them ? This was meticulously planned out IMO
Thanks for all the thoughtful posts here
The families have already stated that the girls loved to hike here. There is proof out there that at least one of the girls was into the innocent pursuit of Geocaching, and IMO, Abby is wearing a sweatshirt jacket, tee shirt, jeans and sneakers with her hair pulled up into a loose bun and NO makeup. VERY age appropriate for a walk and totally wrong for a meet up. Catfish or otherwise.

These girls were so age appropriate. They played sports they didn't post suggestive duck lips pix on SM, they didn't post wannabe gangsta crap. So many 12 and 13 year olds that us WSers have to research here on a regular basis sadly look ten years older than they are on their SM and then it makes more sense what happened.

I don't mean to be hard on your theory, as far as I am concerned ANY ONE OF US COULD BE RIGHT, but I think if this was a meet up, LE would be letting that out, I think they would have this due to an electronic trail too.

I just feel so sick and awful that these two girls, that were so NOT into all of the nasty stuff I see some of these kids into, who were so active in sports and community, who loved each other SO MUCH that one didn't run when the other was grabbed (the grandfather theorized this, so JMO), I don't wish to think that they were being sneaky and meeting up with someone they met online. I want to elevate them just a bit above that. I want to give them that credit.

I'm so sorry to hijack your response to another poster. I should have pulled your original post and responded there.

I mean no disrespect for your ideas. I'm heartsick. I haven't had a case hurt me this bad in a while and I'm having a rough go with it all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Would the girls have crossed the road if the were abducted from the south end? Is the road a drive to private residences with no exit?

attachment.php

This was a theory I put forth many threads ago. The girls knew the area well so I would assume that they knew that house was there. This of course is only feasible if the girls were not accosted on the bridge or right off of it but, instead, tried to make a run for it. Just an idea...

Attachments

• escape.png
    escape.png
    663.2 KB · Views: 369
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics