IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion these are two different trucks. I asked about what we know of ownership, got a reply that vehicles were PO's, but no link. Whose truck was towed??

And I don't know how to reply from one link to another, so rushed to get this in before thread closes, but haven't read it all yet so don't know if this was already addressed. Sorry if I'm confusing things...

IMO

If you compare the white truck parked on RL's property and the white one that is being towed away on the flatbed they appear to be two different vehicles. The one on the flatbed does not have a cab (but even if LE had removed the cab) the side mirrors appear to be different and the truck on the flat bed has gray or black lower rocker panels. IMO

attachment.php
attachment.php

This always drives me nuts. I know statistically speaking many "missing" teenagers went off voluntarily so cops have to make their best guess on whether to devote resources to a search or not, but if I had stopped contacting my mom or dad when I was a teenager, they would have known something was wrong and it kills me to think that cops probably wouldn't have agreed with them.

I'm 30 now and I still talk/text my mom & dad multiple times a day. I wouldn't even think of going off and not telling them. But LE probably wouldn't do anything if I suddenly went ,missing.

Not to mention if I had gone missing in the WOODS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may have said asthma. I know that we were already on thread 9-13ish before I made my first comment so it would have to be in a thread later than those. I mean.. it would take me easily the entire day to figure it out... it could have been emphesyma or athsma or COPD I can't recall but I definitely remember the coversation. I'm sorry that my memory isn't serving me better but it's been so many threads now that I just don't have a clue, sorry.

Not a problem. There are so many variables between COPD, athsma, etc., we'll never find it. It obviously was discussed previously since other people remember it...Thanks.

With all due respect that's a loose opinion being that diagnosing based off of 3 words is impossible to me.

Thank you, others have recalled the post better than I have and have corrected me as well. I've made a mistake in interpreting the conversation back then and as a result always had remembered it wrong. I appreciate your input.

I mentioned COPD or emphysema for the recorded voice snippet in a post that was deleted for other reasons. What other people were calling water or leaves or background wind noise sounded to me like my grandfather, who had emphysema from a lifelong cigarette habit, used to when he was trying to talk under stress. Short of breath and the background sound of compromised lungs trying to get oxygen.

PS: not a medical person and not trying to make a diagnosis, just commenting on a similaritybthat struck me. I'm probably wrong.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

ah thank you very much, you probably have figured out where the post was, who made it, and why I can't quite reconcile it being in regards to RL. I appreciate your mentioning it so that I feel slightly less crazy!

I kept feeling like there was a resemblance, but the pictures of him standing upright that were posted earlier, didn't capture it. This set of pictures makes me conclude it is RL or a close relative. All of the rest of the story falls into place if you see this resemblance.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by No it's not
I do see resemblance between POI aka BG and the PO aka RL, and I do see the thinner face of the PO/RL:

attachment.php

I don't recall that the incident was ever even confirmed. I thought it was just one of many rumors.

IT was from a MSM photojournalist's facebook. Not sure how much more confirmation is needed to consider it confirmed, as that is usually all WS rules require.

I'm sure someone will paste the link here again in short order.

Dear GGE,

Thank you so much for your insightful and compassionate posts.

Most importantly thank you for keeping these threads on track and reminding us what is most important, Libby and Abby.

You are indeed a Blessing.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I don't know the exact words, but an MSM article stated that RL said something about not believing this happened in his house. I'm not asking for the exact quote nor the MSM article. I'm asking if there is a video of him saying that.

Let me be one of the first to say "I WAS WRONG" - I didn't think that would be why. Thank you for sharing this. It's weird, because he'd be protected in jail already... from other inmates at least. 100%. The only people he wouldn't be protected from would be the COs. BUT it's true I guess that if the other inmates thought he was in there for hurting children they'd be particularly unkind, but I mean my experience tells me that if you're in protective custody you're never around other inmates so I don't know what to think.

I am NOT suggesting anything. I'm thinking out loud

Remember, this is the county jail we're talking about, not a state prison. In a place like Carroll County, this is going to be a small place with not a lot of cells. Historically in Indiana, the County Sheriff got a house on the property where the jail, and his wife (known as the Sheriff's Matron) prepared meals, did laundry, etc. While I'm not aware of any places left in the state where they still provide housing to the Sheriff, there are some counties (I believe) where the Sheriff's wife still gets a salary according to local ordinance simply for being the Sheriff's Matron (even though they don't perform those duties anymore). I bring that up only to point out the difference between prison and jail.

More importantly, think about who else is in the county jail right now: A lot of people who were arrested on unrelated warrants simply because they were investigated as a possible suspect. We've heard that locally the rumors about RL have been flying this whole time...FB is no different (and that's why we all love WS). So if you find yourself locked up and you've heard this guy may be linked to it in some way, you're going to blame that guy. I don't think it has anything to do with people thinking he's a child murderer, and more to do with people blaming him for why they are there. Even if he isn't linked to it, probably wasn't a bad idea to move him for his safety.

All IMO

IT was from a MSM photojournalist's facebook. Not sure how much more confirmation is needed to consider it confirmed, as that is usually all WS rules require.

I just posted it above...

My relative's experience was that there are many opportunities for violence from other prisoners in shared cells, exercise time, work details, etc. Often the guards look the other way, probably as much from fear as from complicity.

That all may be less true in a county jail, with presumably fewer really dangerous people, but I doubt that it ever goes away completely.

My one relative was in max security prison. When you were put into Protective Custody you were put in the box, 23 hours a day solitary, one hour alone in the yard without any contact with other prisoners, a ten minute shower after they clear the room so that you're in there alone as well with just a CO watching you. Your mattress is rolled up, and you can stand in your cell or sit on the metal springs or the concrete floor for those hours. Period.

My other relative is in a county jail. His Protective Custody was 23 hours locked up but he was allowed to have his mattress to sit on during the day.

Neither have or have had any contact with other inmates while in PC.

There IS a special pod in the neighboring county's county jail for sex offenders and others with iffy situations where it's just those 5-8 guys in one pod together and they DO get to come out during the day and watch tv and play cards with the other guys in the pod, and my relative did explain that the child sex offender who was in there at the time did get harassed and bullied quite a bit in that particular situation. He eventually was sent to a different county that had a higher security prison where he awaited sentencing.

Perhaps that happened with RL. IMO.

I would have assumed that they walked over from the bridge. When ever walking down a hill/mountain i walk in a zigzag pattern looking ahead for the path of least resistance. Jmo

If they were at the bridge heading in that direction. From his house it would be down but from the bridge it would be across. Jmo

I understand, Elley Mae. All the while consciously lifting up your feet with each step, lest you trip on something and go flying forward. In my opinion, the terrain on the property where the girls were found was probably much like my heavily-wooded back yard in the "rolling hills" of Virginia. There's a gradual slope leading to a hill that drops off steeply before you reach the forested area. The bank is covered with leaves covering many hidden perils -- fallen branches, shrubbery & tree roots, gopher holes, rocks, even iron re-bar spikes projecting up from the ground that once held railroad-tie-type landscape timbers in place!

A zig zag pattern in navigating down a hill is very wise. Head straight down the hill, and you could easily slip on moldy leaves and fall backwards on your *advertiser censored**, even with hiking boots!

Thanks, I saw it was Facebook and assumed it was rumor, forgetting there are legitimate Facebook sources [emoji14]

I don't see any resemblance at all. If anything, IMO, it displays obvious differences (face, age, body type).

I kept feeling like there was a resemblance, but the pictures of him standing upright that were posted earlier, didn't capture it. This set of pictures makes me conclude it is RL or a close relative. All of the rest of the story falls into place if you see this resemblance.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by No it's not
I do see resemblance between POI aka BG and the PO aka RL, and I do see the thinner face of the PO/RL:

attachment.php

One thing I haven't heard anywhere, is the possibility that RL could have observed the the bridge with some type of scope or binocular. If it was a familiar place for the girls or other women hikers, to spend time, he could have been making a habit of watching for years. An alternative is that if others played back in the woods, they may have discovered they could see the bridge a long time ago. RL says that it is right over there in the indy channel interview with the young male reporter. This could have been evolving for a long time in the back of someones mind, as a feasible plan. Also, if a white truck has been seen on more than one occasion, during and then after the crime, it makes perfect sense that the perp would return frequently to see if there is a police presence or if people are getting close to a particularly sensitive area. Just postulating, in my opinion.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...c7dce0e&_ga=1.136436528.1295424310.1489771536

My grandfather also had COPD, and this seems plausible to me. I've never heard the "get" or "git" that others hear, but I can buy that it is a sort of gasp for/shortness of breath when he starts to tell them where to go. Will need to listen to another few times, though.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I am wondering if your grandfather could have crossed a rickety bridge, forced two girls down a hill, etc? I am wondering what a person with COPD or emphysema is physically capable of.

Dear GGE,

Thank you so much for your insightful and compassionate posts.

Most importantly thank you for keeping these threads on track and reminding us what is most important, Libby and Abby.

You are indeed a Blessing.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

why thank you very much for that, I really appreciate the kind words. I'm proud of our greater WS family here, I think we all are passionate people and once in awhile that passion bleeds out in ways that turn into snark or pessimism or frustration but in the end it's important to remember that passion is what changes the world, and together we can do great things. JMO. <3

J kyle keener is the one that described it as clothes in deer creek, don't know why he didn't take photo. Works for pharotribune.

Here is a link to the photographer's comment regarding seeing girls clothing in Deer Creek. And the comment for those who don't do FB. BBM

https://www.facebook.com/jkyle.keener/media_set?set=a.10209763319577780.1073741969.1174987605&type=3

IT HAS BEEN A TRAGIC DAY IN CARROLL COUNTY, INDIANA, the scene of a double murder. One thing they never teach you in journalism school is how creepy it feels to have to cover a homicide. For several hours I photographed the search for two missing 13-year-old girls. This type of endeavor is stressful for the searchers, the first responders and also the media at the scene. Detectives found the bodies of two missing teens near a rural hiking trail below the abandoned Monon high railroad bridge. The bridge itself in incredibly beautiful making it difficult to witness a horrific murder scene so nearby. From 75-yards away I could see girls clothing in Deer Creek east of the bridge and knew full well that the girls where found very nearby. To walk in a place that a murderer had walked only a handful of hours earlier is extremely upsetting, but as journalists it is part of the business that simply needs done to tell the news of our area. Photos by J. Kyle Keener / Pharos-Tribune copyright 2017
Thanks, I saw it was Facebook and assumed it was rumor, forgetting there are legitimate Facebook sources [emoji14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member