IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud: Has anyone tracked other inmates in Carroll County Jail over past few weeks besides RL? Run those names and see if anyone else has been transferred? If they are picking up people on unrelated warrants, I'd guess they would end up with space issues quick. I'm not sure it tells us much, unless RL has been the only transfer...it would really put a fine point on the idea that they are worried about his safety for some reason in that case, but I guess that's about it.

That would be outside of the rules of websleuths, because it would require us to sleuth/"track" people who are not named as suspects or POIs, and who also have not been specified by admins as being ok for us to sleuth (which RL has). IMO I"m pretty sure that aswering your question would be against rules basically JMO and HTH.

IMO if the safety issue is related to inmates thinking he's a child killer (I don't think he is) then he would probably be in just as much danger in another county jail as in Carroll County. I don't think the outrage stops at the county line.

You make a spectacularly good point, thank you. My mind is back to thinking this could be about "narcing" then... perhaps he is talking, and it's about people who wouldn't appreciate it!

Was there video early on of RL and a strangely dressed friend? If so, is that video still online?

Thinking out loud: Has anyone tracked other inmates in Carroll County Jail over past few weeks besides RL? Run those names and see if anyone else has been transferred? If they are picking up people on unrelated warrants, I'd guess they would end up with space issues quick. I'm not sure it tells us much, unless RL has been the only transfer...it would really put a fine point on the idea that they are worried about his safety for some reason in that case, but I guess that's about it.

Was RL transferred???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we wait for more information and attempt not to spin out, I would strongly encourage everyone to listen to the most recent podcast on "FBI Retired Case File Review with Jerri Williams - Preventing the Sexual Victimization of Children". The discussion is not just about sexual victimization but also child abduction and murder stats, and I found it very interesting especially in light of the current case. And no, we do not know if there was any sexual component in L&A's case, but the podcast brings up stats on abductions that were sexual vs not, motivation, types of predators etc. Very helpful, IMO. Link to podcast: http://jerriwilliams.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cropped-JERRI-WILLIAMS-iTUNES.jpg

Mixed messages is a good way to put it.

They also indicated it was "routine" or something like that.

There is nothing routine about this. Arrested and held and multiple searches and now this massive latest search. That is not routine.

If he turns out to be innocent like he claims then the procedures being done are horrible.

IMO he should have been cleared or not by the 2nd or 3rd day at the latest. Dragging this out like this is horrible procedure.
Unless, new information has come to light in the last couple of weeks. I tend to agree that I'm surprised it took this long to get a search warrant for the house and entire property as well as verify his alibi. On the other hand, I'm wondering if they've been on to him all along but haven't had enough to charge.

If he is innocent, this does seem like a poor way to handle it but it seems that in many cases, even when someone is suspected early on, an arrest and charge can take months or even years. I don't see the recent developments as merely coincidental and when combined with past search warrants, his vocal comnents to the media, odd alibi that may not be checking out, etc, it seems that they are on to something. What his role exactly is, is left to be determined, imo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that the BG picture is flipped in this analysis that the OP did so I think the arms in reality don't matchup. I think it is BG's right arm that is actually held higher when the photo is in the original position. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct, if we assume the images releasd by LE are not mirrored by any program nor by LE, and if we additionally assume that neither are the images of RL.

At this time though based on what we know, you are correct.

Not to mention that at the time he approached them, the girls were on public property. The rail bridge was not only never owned by RL, but has also been signed over to the city by the rail company.

In addition, there is no indication that the girls even trespassed on property he owned ( the apparent path behind the cemetery). If RL was that angry about trespassers or if he had "claimed" portions of the public trail, I strongly suspect that he would of had previous encounters with other hikers and these people would have phoned the police about him following the murders.

Sadly, I think that if RL is BG, he approached the girls has an aquantiance, perhaps with a half baked plan to initiate some kind of sexual encounter. The girls resist, then he panics and murders them.

Regarding ownership of the bridge itself: Carroll County Wabash & Erie Canal, Inc. owns the trail and part of the bridge up to half-way across the creek. CXS Transportation Inc. owns from halfway across the creek southeast to the end of the bridge. (So technically anyone walking past mid-point of the creek is trespassing.) Once leaving the bridge at the far SE end, the old right-of-way is privately owned. All the land around Deer Creek under the bridge is privately owned. There is no public trail from the cemetery down to the creek. That parcel due south of the cemetery is owned by RL. For those who think that the crime led off of the SE end of the bridge, that land is privately owned.

I have yet to figure out the "ownership" of the entrance to the trail from near 300N that shows a small parking area with a trail that leads to the bridge. And there is a trail sign there. However, that entire parcel of land is owned by a holding company. I'm assuming that the CC Wabash & Erie Canal Inc. made an arrangement with that holding company to put a sign there and clear out a small parking area and allow a path to be made to hook up with the official Monon High Bridge Trail. This is MOO.

Anytime a hiker leaves the official trail at any point, they are entering private property.
Link to official trail. http://www.indianatrails.com/?q=content/monon-high-bridge-trail-delphi
(Note: there is no indication that the small parking area off of 300N and it's trail down to the main trail is included in the official trail. Just sayin'.)

There is however a spot that is marked Mary I. Gerard Nature Preserve near that trailhead and parking off of 300N
http://nicheslandtrust.org/index.php/portfolio/gerard/
According to info on that, it consists of a .3 mile trail down to the creek. And it shares a small parking area with the Monon Bridge Trail. But I couldn't find any map that shows the .3 miles and where at the creek it ends up. Maybe another sleuther can research that question.

You can use this site to find all the parcels and who owns what around the Monon High Bridge Trail and sleuth to your heart's content.
https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=377&LayerID=5553&PageTypeID=1&PageID=0

I an in no way saying that RL approached these girls if they ended up walking on his property. I myself don't think he was involved in the murders. My post is merely trying to clarify ownerships of the land.

IMO if the safety issue is related to inmates thinking he's a child killer (I don't think he is) then he would probably be in just as much danger in another county jail as in Carroll County. I don't think the outrage stops at the county line.

Probably moving him somewhere with enough space to give him his own cell given the high profile nature of the case.

This is why I don't know what I believe. Because I agree with you.

But I can't un-see the arms and the're very compelling IMO.

I'm at a loss to form any opinion right now. I really have thrown out everything I thought I was so sure of over the past number of hours.

My take on the arms is that it is a normal position for anyone's arms when they are in the pocket of a normal jacket. That one is higher than the other, could be accounted for by having something like gloves stuffed into the pocket so that one hand is not able to go all the way in. I keep gloves in the pocket of a couple of jackets. And the fact that it doesn't seem like it's the same hand that is higher indicates to me that it isn't a mannerism or we way he carries himself, otherwise I think it would be the same hand. JMO.

Safety could be health related as well IMO.

Not all jails have the same capabilities regarding infirmaries.

The other possibility is a safer lock-up.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...EVTJNVEl5TnpFNE1UTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhORGs9In19

The most updated entries:

03/13/2017
Hearing on Violation of Probation
Session:
8:15 AM, Judicial Officer: Fouts, Kurtis
Comment:
Judge Fouts presided
Result:
Commenced and concluded
03/16/2017
Notice of Violation of Probation
AMENDED Petition for Revocation of Probation filed by Melissa Chapman, Adult Probation Officer.
File Stamp:
03/16/2017
03/20/2017
Evidentiary Hearing
Session:
9:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Fouts, Kurtis

Which means his probation officer has recommended that his probation be revoked. It is up to the judge to decide now, and he has an evidenciary hearing coming up day after tomorrow to that end. But In my experience, the judge generally goes with the probation officer's reccomendation.

And if his probation DOES get revoked as she has recommended to the court, that does mean that he is going to be doing the original time he would've gotten for whatever he was on probation for, plus anny additional time he may get for any additional charges that may come due to his violating probation (which in and of itself is a charge that carries time).

Oh my, if he is innocent of the murders, his life is ruined anyway. So unfortunate. Did all these drinking troubles start after his divorce, I wonder. I imagine he must be quite gutted over that - to get divorced in your late sixties and find yourself all alone. For men, especially the older ones, it is often a hard blow (even if it is their fault) from which they never recover. Now this.

Ignore my ramblings and momentary over the-top-sympathy.

Interesting comments under this tweet.

[video=twitter;842773775028502529]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/842773775028502529[/video]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Lots of interesting tweets by Jennifer as well.

That would be outside of the rules of websleuths, because it would require us to sleuth/"track" people who are not named as suspects or POIs, and who also have not been specified by admins as being ok for us to sleuth (which RL has). IMO I"m pretty sure that aswering your question would be against rules basically JMO and HTH.

That's a good point. I hadn't meant to track them as if they might be suspects, or even that someone should put their names on here, just wondered if anyone had done this exercise on their own that could give us anonymized numbers. I can see how it might be a rules violation, though.

ETA: Like you, I'm hung up on this transfer, and why. Just trying to come at it from another angle.

can anyone tell me what time the search wrapped up on RL's property/house?

My take on the arms is that it is a normal position for anyone's arms when they are in the pocket of a normal jacket. That one is higher than the other, could be accounted for by having something like gloves stuffed into the pocket so that one hand is not able to go all the way in. I keep gloves in the pocket of a couple of jackets. And the fact that it doesn't seem like it's the same hand that is higher indicates to me that it isn't a mannerism or we way he carries himself, otherwise I think it would be the same hand. JMO.

I just feel like for me, the arm comparison is like when you put on a wedding dress and you just know it's the right one.

something about the arm comparison just says "i'm the right one" to me, even though my logic says "nope and here's why"... my gut says "hush brain, wait and see"... difficult since my brain never hushes.

I was just wondering if anyone else saw this? This was the first time I have seen it so I am sharing but apologize if it has been shared before. This shows the distance from RL's house to the part of his property where the girls' bodies were found. Much further than I pictured in my head from the video interviews. Not sure it makes any difference, but I have to digest it and see.
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/?fref=nf

Attachments

• 17358920_1329954090376578_1301221183123213305_o.jpg
    17358920_1329954090376578_1301221183123213305_o.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,361
IMO.. RL wearing that hat and other clothing he chose to be interviewed in .. speaks volumes to me... he wanted to appear like the BG "could be" him...IMO.. RL knows what happened ot the girls & he is bringing the lime light to himself.
I am not following this case a while lot. but does he have a significant other he lives with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966