IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Wow, what an amazing woman, human, survivor. Thanks for mentioning that case.

(rant)

I never knew before recently how many young girls have been abducted, raped and left for dead. What kind of a disgusting, pathetic coward hurts a child, or an animal, or any other innocent? I wish only the worst things upon these empty creatures. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

(rant over)

:(

It did seem promising in the beginning that the image of BG and the voice recording would lead to an immediate identification--especially in a small town, but sadly this doesn't always happen.

Take the Jennifer Schuett case for example. She provided LE with her attacker's first name, a good description of his vehicle, as well as enough precise details about his appearance for a forensic artist to make a very good facial composite. Her case also happened in a small town. You'd think all of those details would have lead to an arrest, but it took 20 years. When the suspect was finally identified his driver's liscence photo looked exactly like the police drawing. Yet nobody was suspicious or willing to turn him in.

Sure hope it doesn't take 20 years for Libby and Abby to get their justice!

If they were stalked, it could also have also been a revenge killing. Someone who wanted to send a message to one of the families or harm them in some way. jmho/moo, etc. etc.

I'm utterly perplexed by this, although I wasn't wondering about at first. But then I'm not LE. Youd think with all the LE involved someone would've suggested it when they were found, so I can only assume there's a valid reason. But for the life of me I can't think what it would be! It's possible RL refused, but then you'd think that would .....I dunno. I'm going in circles.

Copying myself:

This keeps coming up. The property was searched. Immediately. This is a second search.

"Now Logan’s property is a crime scene, filled with investigators, the FBI, and dive teams.

“There were hundreds of cars and vehicles and generator trucks that keep the lights going. They had the whole woods lit up like a football field,” Logan said.

Officials searched every inch of Logan’s 40 acres and the woods behind the nearby Morning Heights Cemetery which is just across the stream from the Monon High Bridge, the last spot the girls were seen."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/delphi-...-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/amp/

eta: the article is from after the bodies were found.

Whatever stuff LE takes away from this search will need to be analyzed. They may not have any real results for weeks. So we could be waiting a while...
Am i correct that they hauled away nothing from other searches?

"We want to make sure that the person who lives at this property is either part of this investigation, or not part of it."

Video "Delphi property searched". Sorry battery is dying gah.

I'm utterly perplexed by this, although I wasn't wondering about at first. But then I'm not LE. Youd think with all the LE involved someone would've suggested it when they were found, so I can only assume there's a valid reason. But for the life of me I can't think what it would be! It's possible RL refused, but then you'd think that would .....I dunno. I'm going in circles.

I defer to those with legal experience but my guess is that they were unable to search RL's home and inside the structures on his property without the SW but he gave permission for all outdoor areas of his 40 acres to be searched. What I really wonder is if his alibi was so shaky why they didn't investigate that first to make sure it was rock solid, then the SW of his home etc...would have occurred in a much more timely manner. I highly suspect he has had a personal interaction with BG of some type, that has landed him in a heap of trouble.

Am i correct that they hauled away nothing from other searches?

They took a couple of boxes of stuff from the Bicycle Bridge Rd home.

State police had a large presence at the home on Bicycle Bridge Road where they were taking photos and collecting evidence from the scene.

http://www.wibc.com/news/local-news/search-warrant-served-delphi-home-connection-teen-murders-no-arrests-made

Stating that le is grasping for straws is in no way not giving them credit. Please try to follow along. I stated they do not have enough evidence to arrest someone or they would have by now. Hopefully the evidence they need pops up soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If they know who it is, they have him in their sights.... and they are being careful to get more evidence and get their ducks in a row without making a mistake. If is FAR more important to gather evidence than it is to solve the case quickly with shoddy evidence.

Copying myself:

This keeps coming up. The property was searched. Immediately. This is a second search.

"Now Logan’s property is a crime scene, filled with investigators, the FBI, and dive teams.

“There were hundreds of cars and vehicles and generator trucks that keep the lights going. They had the whole woods lit up like a football field,” Logan said.

Officials searched every inch of Logan’s 40 acres and the woods behind the nearby Morning Heights Cemetery which is just across the stream from the Monon High Bridge, the last spot the girls were seen."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/delphi-...-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/amp/

I'm actually referring to the buildings. I can see not searching his home at first, but I don't understand the buildings not being searched. Unless I missed that info.

If they know who it is, they have him in their sights.... and they are being careful to get more evidence and get their ducks in a row without making a mistake. If is FAR more important to gather evidence than it is to solve the case quickly with shoddy evidence.

Assuming of course they have him under surveillance so he can't 1. flee or 2. kill or hurt someone else

I don't think 13 and 14 year old girls know the local men by sight. Their lives are completely in a different place.
RL said he knew the "families", i think if he knew the girls he would have said I know the girls and their families.

I'm actually referring to the buildings. I can see not searching his home at first, but I don't understand the buildings not being searched. Unless I missed that info.

The article doesn't say whether the buildings were included, though one of the pictures shows people around what looks like it might be the silo. It also doesn't say they searched everything but the buildings.

Of course the initial search might not have been as detailed. Or they might be looking for something that seemed innocent at the time but in retrospect turns out to be interesting--a location indicated by lab results, something that might have been used as a weapon, I don't know...

OT: Wow, what an amazing woman, human, survivor. Thanks for mentioning that case.

(rant)

I never knew before recently how many young girls have been abducted, raped and left for dead. What kind of a disgusting, pathetic coward hurts a child, or an animal, or any other innocent? I wish only the worst things upon these empty creatures. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

(rant over)

:(

Watched that case just the other day on 48 Hours: Live to Tell. What a brave young girl, and what a sad story. It did make me think of Libby and Abby. My saddest thought was they didn't live to tell. BUT... that video and voice of the POI...it has to account for something.

I don't believe RL is BG, but I wondered if LE may be looking for blue jacket, black runners/hiking boots, fanny pack? moo

I defer to those with legal experience but my guess is that they were unable to search RL's home and inside the structures on his property without the SW but he gave permission for all outdoor areas of his 40 acres to be searched. What I really wonder is if his alibi was so shaky why they didn't investigate that first to make sure it was rock solid, then the SW of his home etc...would have occurred in a much more timely manner. I highly suspect he has had a personal interaction with BG of some type, that has landed him in a heap of trouble.

If he refused to allow them to search his buildings wouldn't that put him on their radar? I understand he'd have the legal right, but I'm assuming they'd find that mighty suspicious considering the circumstances. If he even has the right to refuse considering he's on probation.....

Their testing came back and showed something of significance from RL's property is what I think.

Got to have more than a theory to get a legal search warrant IMHO

They supposedly got 12 other warrants, some of which did not result in anything per their own prosecutor's statements.

Cognitive Dissonance!
This is the feeling of uncomfortable tension which comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in the mind at the same time. Nice Grandpa could not be a killer. Or...even a grandpa can do rotten things!
Dissonance increases with:

• The importance of the subject to us.
  • How strongly the dissonant thoughts conflict.
  • Our inability to rationalize and explain away the conflict.
I had a grandfather that was capable of doing bad things, so the possibility of RL being involved in the homicide is NOT cognitively dissonant.

Imo it's not so much about cognitive dissonance. I don't think people are going, "Oh, he looks like such a nice old man, like someones grandpa", plus I would wager a bet, that a lot of people here know, and accept the fact that there are some pretty creepy and evil "Grandpas" in this word, so no dissonance there...

I think perhaps people are just seeing a man who has lived in the community for 50+ years, no history of violent or dangerous behavior, (*acts against others, not the oui's) ...A man who who appeared, ( at least to me), to have been shocked, saddened, and confused by the discovery of the girls on his property.

Never once did RL give me the sense that he was involved somehow, or cold and unfeeling, or any number of things that might raise an eyebrow. In the interviews I saw, accounts I read in MSN, he acted appropriately enough, I thought. (One comment he made about how the girls would've had to be carried, to where they were found, did trigger a , "that's kinda odd" thought in my head, but I still can't pin it down.),

So his personal history, his ties to the community, his demeanor throughout, lack of evidence, and a blurry pic of BG that doesn't really resemble RL. is reason enough for a lot of people to feel he is not BG...

Now that LE is giving us reason to take a closer look, some of us are doing just that. I still don't think he is the perp. But I wouldn't be absolutely shocked if it turns out he is, he'd be the least likely suspect for a lot of people I bet, but "hide in plain sight" does explain why some cases take so long to be resolved...

I don't believe RL is BG, but I wondered if LE may be looking for blue jacket, black runners/hiking boots, fanny pack? moo

IMO, they are looking for fingerprints, DNA, clothes and weapons. IMO.

Goodnight, sleuthers! Be kind to one another even if we disagree. In the end, we all want the same outcome, justice for Libby and Abby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—