IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read about half these threads and haven't seen anything about the two other teens found murdered on the side of the road. This was after the murder in Delphi. Forgive me if this has been posted already.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...id-2-teens-found-dead-in-rural-el-paso-county

EDIT: another more recent news article

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/03/17/mother-of-murdered-teen-mystified-by-circumstances/

They have a thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lie-Partida-16-Double-homicide-El-Paso-County

He has already expressed how terrible it was for the girls to have been murdered.
What more can he say?
He has a right to acknowledge his own experience. imo.

OpusEponymous, I completely understand and agree with what you are saying. It would be horrible, and anyone in such a position has the right to cope in whatever way helps them. My comment is meant only as a potential thought worthy of consideration since he used the word "raped" to describe what he was feeling. Perhaps it's nothing more than a heart-felt understandable communication about feeling violated. Another possibility is that it reveals an unconscious meaning that he is unaware of revealing. This is what profilers do...they try to use their skills to explore hidden clues in a suspects behavior and communication. I meant no disrespect to RL.

This is the only thing that gets me as well. IMO I would think that LE would be highly concerned that two bodies were found in a somewhat remote area. The fact that they didn't believe there was any danger to the community leads me to believe they know a lot more than they are letting the public know. I do not at all think that it's RL, however I do think it's either a family member of his, a friend, or an employee of his. That makes the most sense to me to explain the renewed interest of searching is home and property.

Yes, I'm not saying it was RL, but I think they know who, perhaps from the rest of that video, & they're just making sure to cover all bases before an arrest.

I've read about half these threads and haven't seen anything about the two other teens found murdered on the side of the road. This was after the murder in Delphi. Forgive me if this has been posted already.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...id-2-teens-found-dead-in-rural-el-paso-county

EDIT: another more recent news article

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/03/17/mother-of-murdered-teen-mystified-by-circumstances/

There's a Websleuths thread for that case:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Partida-16-slain-El-Paso-County-12-March-2017

I often hear people use the word "rape" in the same way as RL did. I know people who are seriously into environmental issues and I can't count how many times I've heard them say "so-n-so" has "raped" or wants to "rape" some land somewhere. Personally, I'm not fond of hearing it used that way, but they don't think anything of it and I know they don't intentionally mean to be offensive using it like that.

jmo

I think it would be nearly miraculous for someone on meth or alcohol to maneuver that bridge.

Theorizing the girls were stalked/followed seems very plausible to me. Perhaps someone who wanted to send a message to one of the families? Who knows. Perhaps.

Is Abby's mom married? Are we allowed to ask that. I'm interested in the family dynamics in both families. I'm doing no sleuthing on them, fyi.

As an ER Nurse... People on drugs can often have super-human powers. Obviously, from these 2 pictures, there is no way to determine intoxication; nor do I think you were trying to. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they had suspicions. But in almost every case of child abduction and murder that I have followed, LE seems to want to reassure the public that there is no imminent danger. After a few times of hearing it when it later became apparent that they really had no clue who the killer was, I decided that the reassurances were pretty standard LE speak. And most times it is true, a killer will not repeat the crime while the investigation is going hot and heavy, so in a way, the public is not at danger in the immediate future. If you can understand this rambling...

I believe, based on the "nightmare" comment from ISP presser that there is a lot more on that video and/or audio. Maybe in a large city, but that's a very small community.

I think people think he has a problem due to the repeated dui offences. In my experience with repeat dui offences it is true.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

How many is there to be repeat offender over how many years has he had that charge?

That truck is not an expensive Ford pickup either. It does not have crew cab and it does not have any runner boards, no fancy rims or tires the mirrors indicate to me that it could even be a 2005 model because IIRC Ford starting doing that "telescoping" type of mirror. I can't tell from the pics if it says 250 or 350 it does not seem to say Power Stroke I do not IMHO believe it is an expensive truck

on the image I saw it said F250, didn't see powerstroke. Thanks for the info. The guys around me now (loggers) are driving 40-50k pickups, which no farmer in my family could ever afford.

(local fox news link posted earlier- I'll dig it out if you want it.)

OpusEponymous, I completely understand and agree with what you are saying. It would be horrible, and anyone in such a position has the right to cope in whatever way helps them. My comment is meant only as a potential thought worthy of consideration since he used the word "raped" to describe what he was feeling. Perhaps it's nothing more than a heart-felt understandable communication about feeling violated. Another possibility is that it reveals an unconscious meaning that he is unaware of revealing. This is what profilers do...they try to use their skills to explore hidden clues in a suspects behavior and communication. I meant no disrespect to RL.

Everything is worthy of consideration. We all see the same things differently. That's what keeps the conversation flowing :)

If it was a subconscious slip of the tongue - wouldn't it have been the first word he said instead of the second.
He used "rape" to elaborate on his first choice which was "violated".
JMO.

Thanks for the link. Is it possible these 2 cases could be related? Both happened in remote areas, and previously someone posted how rare a double homicide with two teens are. Are we even allowed to discuss that in this thread?

We discussed possible connection to the two Iowa girls murdered years ago so I don't see why we couldn't discuss. But I really don't think the Colorado case is related. Just moo, of course.

ADMIN NOTE: A reminder - locals, family members and friends of family to the victims may be reading and posting here. Speculation should be based on known facts from LE or main stream media.

Yes, we discuss horrible crimes here but when doing so it is important to do so in a respectful way that is not offensive to loved ones of our victims who may someday see these posts.

No need to be graphic in speculation about COD or sexual assault when at this time we know nothing factual about the state of the victims when found.

In addition to my earlier post...it takes some guts to cross that bridge. Some areas are rotted and some sections missing all together. Based on the limited info put out by le and seeing the area first hand i feel like this is what most likely happened. BG was in a vehicle parked at the trail head. Girls were dropped off and he saw them. They headed up the trail. He knows the area well enough so he drives up the road to the cemetery. He parks his vehicle in the back right corner of the cemetery and walks along the ravine down to the trail and waits for the girls to walk by. They might have seen him but continued on to the bridge. They walked across almost to the other side and were sitting on the last platform that sticks out. They see bg coming and get nervous so libby starts recording thinking that maybe he will say or do something rude but never suspected what was about to happen. He approaches them and pulls his gun. Orders them to the end of the bridge. They start to walk around the red barricade but he instructs them to go down the hill. I think he was worried or maybe knew other hikers were nearby. He forced them down the hill and across the river. He might have attempted to get them back to his car but libby saw an opportunity and resisted or he realized he couldnt get them to his car. He murdered them and went back to his car at the cemetery and drove away. I do not believe RL has anything to do with this. I do feel lime it is someone who lives with 20 or so miles of delphi and is very familiar with the trail. My feeling is he is 38 to 42. He has a job but not many friends. I do not believe this is his first attack/murder. He will have most like been accused of rape or pedo in the past most likely during his teen years. He is most likely a highschool graduate but no college. He is shocked to see his picture so he has most likely altered his appearance but the only people to notice will be coworkers and any family he has contact with. It will take one of those people to put 2 and 2 together to suspect him and call in a tip. I will calculate his height but im not sure how much that will help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Since RL has court scheduled for tomorrow maybe we will find out more info. Here's to hoping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link. Is it possible these 2 cases could be related? Both happened in remote areas, and previously someone posted how rare a double homicide with two teens are. Are we even allowed to discuss that in this thread?

Anything is possible since we don't know who killed the teens in CO or the teens in IN yet. But the victimology seems to be quite different in the 2 cases. Also, the teens in CO were found dead in a car I believe, not in the woods, even though it was a remote area. Some other differences are that the victims are a bit older in the CO case and one is a boy. Do you have a theory that they might be connected to this case?

I think they had suspicions. But in almost every case of child abduction and murder that I have followed, LE seems to want to reassure the public that there is no imminent danger. After a few times of hearing it when it later became apparent that they really had no clue who the killer was, I decided that the reassurances were pretty standard LE speak. And most times it is true, a killer will not repeat the crime while the investigation is going hot and heavy, so in a way, the public is not at danger in the immediate future. If you can understand this rambling...

exactly what I was thinking. They don't want mass hysteria. Serial predators usually always have a "cooling off" period. And also, they discussed a hitchhiker previously in the investigation. They may have good reason to believe the killer is a drifter and no longer in the area.

I'm struggling with this. I would rather think it was not him, but why did the police say, according to local news source, they didn't believe there was any danger to the community shortly after the bodies were found? Makes no sense to me the LEOs didn't know early on who & that person was known to them based on the no danger statement.

LE said the same thing in the case of Lyric and Elizabeth and here we are close to 5 years later with no arrest, no suspect, no POI.

Folks, sometimes the spec that goes on here is insensitive to the fact that family may be reading here. Posts are being removed.

It REALLY isn't necessary to go into excruciating detail about our speculation just because we don't have factual information on COD.

:wave:

ETA: I see Tlcya has already addressed this, but I'm leaving this reminder up as well for double emphasis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd