IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just signed up and find this site very helpful. I have not read all of the threads, but I thought that the murders took place in the same spot where the victims were found?

It would make no sense to me for a killer to commit murder of two people and then have to physically move the bodies to another spot. Too difficult when time is of the essence. The longer the perp stayed in the area, the higher the chances of him being seen or caught.

~BBM~

I agree with you. I think Abby and Libby were taken down the hill on the south side of the bridge, across the creek, and murdered where they were found.

Mandy.Maree,

"Definitions[edit]According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between 45–65:[SUP][2][/SUP] "The period between early adulthood and old age, usually considered as the years from about 45 to 65." The US Census lists the category middle age from 45 to 65. Merriam-Webster list middle age from 45-64,[SUP]..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_age

I imagine that LE would have an official definition as to what middle aged is for identification purposes across the LE agency. I think it would hinder an investigation if one officer chooses 55 to be middle aged and another chooses 70.

Respectfully, LE doesn't have the luxury here of calling someone middle aged instead of old. If they want to be polite, they might say something like "elderly gentleman."

I believe that when LE says that the photo indicates to them that BG is middle aged, they are going with a predefined agency guideline which would most likely mirror government guidlelines.

HTH
[/SUP]

I agree. Thats about how I understood it.
I was originally pointing out LE was saying BG was middle aged and white..whereas RL was white (they purposely left out middle aged )
I was stating 78 was not middle aged (Or 77 as it may be) .LE has said BG is not RL basically. Without saying it.
Then someone replied middle aged is basically just old over in the USA in their opinion and thats all I was replying to with my other comment.
Thanks for clearing it up though

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

He was not convicted of false reporting. It was dismissed.

Here is ONE instance of his 'false reporting' to LE:

Aug. 7, 11:53 a.m. – False reporting, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Responded to a report of a woman standing in the middle of the road yelling, “Call the police!” Unable to locate anyone. Additional followup is being conducted. Kingery investigated.

Forgot the link: http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/ne...ice_Calls.html

There is no indication that he "false reported" anything here. Police got a call presumably from this address, when they got there, there was no incident and no one was home or around so it was false reporting.

If you have a case record that shows that this was a false reporting case brought against him I would be interested in seeing that.

His other "false reporting" issues have been attached to arrests for other violations, not stand alone charges.

That is how I understand it, anyway.

How do you get "not convicted" out of that?

Here's an interesting read on False Informing: http://www.fortwaynereader.com/story.php?uid=3162

Thanks layer! I had only a vague notion of what "False Informing" entailed, but this article is definitely worthwhile reading. Written by an attorney who must have experience representing clients on such charges.
Will bookmark it for future reference!

I agree. Thats about how I understood it.
I was originally pointing out LE was saying BG was middle aged and white..whereas RL was white (they purposely left out middle aged )
I was stating 78 was not middle aged (Or 77 as it may be) .LE has said BG is not RL basically. Without saying it.
Then someone replied middle aged is basically just old over in the USA in their opinion and thats all I was replying to with my other comment.
Thanks for clearing it up though

I probably should have responded to the original post but I was concerned that you might be left with, perhaps, incorrect info., so I replied to you.

:fence:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but yesterday I finally found an an actual quote from a LEO giving an age estimate of BG! I was excited to find this as it's the first time I have seen or heard anyone in LE give a BG age approximation.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/03...ere-the-bodies-of-2-indiana-teens-were-found/

I was just reading this article. Interesting choice of words.

“The man is the photo is middle aged and white,” Sgt. Perrine said. “Mr. Logan is also a white male. At this point we can’t verify anything.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/03...ere-the-bodies-of-2-indiana-teens-were-found/

I probably should have responded to the original post but I was concerned that you might be left with, perhaps, incorrect info., so I replied to you.

:fence:
Thank you for that as I may well have been.
Middle aged probably does just mean old to some people to be fair.
LE however (as I assumed) have a set frame of what ages that actually contains.
And RL is certainly a little over that.

Well, if you ask my teens, middle age is ancient!!!!! lololol

I think LE was a little misleading by saying middle aged. Just look at all our different perspectives on what middle aged means. We are all over the map. I guess that just lines up with our perspectives on everything else related to BG's picture though.

Thank you to the poster who shared the child abduction/murder study this morning. Very very very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think so either. I am not from the USA however so can't be certain it means the same here as there
Thought it meant more 40-55 or so

I could have been middle aged at 30 and I just don't know it yet! :)

Could some kind soul please tell me if there's still a hearing for RL today? He could be released? Sorry, I was offline most of the weekend.

I believe the marks are from his glasses. As you get older, you tend to have skin integrity issues therefore can develop sores quite easily. That combined with the fact grime gets caught in the plastic string holding the lenses in place, can irritate the skin. In looking at the pic with his glasses on, it looks like his nose pads have spread apart and that is why the sores are higher than the rim of his lenses. Lastly, these sores are probably always there and do not go away for a long time. (I used to be an optician).

Yes that is very true. Most likely the glasses. As you age you can get marks on your skin like this much more easily .Also any minor cut or scratch tends to leave a scar and take much longer to fade.

Good morning, WS!! My kids are up getting ready for school and I'm so happy I can work from home during recovery. One of the twins stayed up til 4 am. I am a zombie.

I don't mean to be snarky, but cant you guys message each other, this is why these posts go so fast and many can't keep up. Not being snarky

Can't you message each other for personal greetings? This is why post fly by and some can't keep up.

Hello, a bit behind but...

CopycatandSpookyDave said:
Can someone help me out with the time difference, it's currently 7.17am Monday morning where I am (UK)
I don't post here as feel so many people have so much more to offer. So many brilliant theories. But I am a lurker and hoping today is the day justice is done for Abigail and Liberty.

Right now the U.S. East coast is 4 hours behind you & Indiana is 5 hours behind. Beginning this coming Sunday 3/26 when Europe goes on Daylight Saving Time - East Coast will be 5 hours behind. And I'm 2 hours ahead in the future then you.... :wave:

When you're stuck and pieces aren't fitting into place, an enlightening exercise can be to assume the opposite of what you believe and play it out logically to see if any pieces suddenly fit. Even basic stuff like, "Who has Libby's cell phone?"

I (still) believe LE recovered her phone, but realized tonight that's an assumption most of us have made without having any confirmation that it's true. Here and there in these threads people have asked about it, but there has never been much discussion because it hasn't seemed important if LE got video from the phone itself or the cloud. But what if you start with the assumption that LE does NOT have the phone, and then play it out?

We know Libby had her phone on her at the time of the abduction, but now we'll assume they cant find it. The phone was "pinging around town" until around the time they were reported missing. If you can get BG to turn the phone back on, you can get it to ping again and figure out a location. But how to get him to turn it back on? Release a couple grainy video stills of a POI and reference that you have a lot more video...make BG wonder if there was something captured on the phone that provides more evidence as to who he is...make him want to stay a step ahead of LE by turning on the phone to find out what all Libby recorded. That could be why they just said he was someone they wanted to talk to early, and not a POI or not definitely involved...he's less likely to turn it on if he knows LE has fingered him for the crime.

Let's say this did work in the first few days, and the phone did ping briefly. That would be enough PC to get a SW if you had a precise location. But if it was just a general area? Then maybe you look for an RSO in that area, and get a SW for their house. This could explain the Bicycle Road search that turned up nothing (and it at least helps me understand where a lot of people leaving cryptic comments about the phone pinging at that house lately are coming from).

Or maybe it pinged in that area before it shut off for a final time on February 13, and that's why they served the SW there. And maybe the efforts to get BG to turn on the phone have failed so far. If that's the case, it would explain ISP Supt. Carter's statement last week that they are still waiting for a specific piece of intel to come in, and they know it isn't in the 13,000 tips that have been called in. And it would also explain why many feel like the case has gone cold.

That's about as far as I've taken it so far, and I still believe they have her physical phone. But I'm less confident in that assumption now, because it does seem to make some events/statements "fit" better. Anyway, hope that line of thought/type of exercise helps those of you better at this than me to come up with some good new theories.

This is a great post! Still catching up from yesterday, so maybe someone else has said this by now, but I feel that your post is mostly accurate with one exception IMO -

BIG FAT IMO HERE - THIS IS ALL CONJECTURE BASED ON MY OWN THOUGHTS AND SOME THINGS I NOTICED OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS AROUND THE INTERNET - AGAIN, IMO:

IMO they've had Libby's phone since day two or so but (very intentionally) haven't outright confirmed if Abby had one or not (and IMO kind of tried to make it seem like she DIDN"T all along IMO). IMO it's Abby's phone that can be substituted into your theory instead of Libby's and IMO they may also have been searching RL's place for it. All IMO - NO it's not been said Abby had a phone, I realize that. This is all conjecture and my own opinion.

Good morning, WS!! My kids are up getting ready for school and I'm so happy I can work from home during recovery. One of the twins stayed up til 4 am. I am a zombie.

Good morning .sorry you are so tired. I have had extractor fans in the house since Friday . The noise has made it hard to fall asleep.

Listening to WBAT, John Perrine is speaking. Still saying RL not necessarily a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay