IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letters from Prison

https://lettersfromprisonsite.wordpress.com

This site is in remembrance of a dear friend that was incarcerated at the age of 16. Serving three consecutive life sentences with no chance of parole led him to suicide at the age of 25. These are excerpts from his letters during the last four years of his life, the end of 2012 to the beginning of 2017.

OT - Would you be willing to divulge the name of the person who wrote the letters from prison?

Gosh, I stumbled across that 2 days ago, but I don't remember why. I know it was in or near Philadelphia because my brother is there.

I am starting to think that should i ever own enough property for someone to kill and leave the body that i should shovel, shutup, don't volunteer in the search and by all means don't get arrested for anything that would lend suspicion to a murder. Jmo

This actually happened quite recently to my kids' godfather. He owns a sizable farm and someone hid a body on it. His partner had died a year earlier and he'd been very lonely. Class A citizen, church organist, elementary school teacher, etc. Caught up with an old college friend and they started hanging out. (Just friends, nothing else.) Seemed like an okay dude. Then, one night, "Joe" gets a knock on his door. It's the police. Apparently, a woman in the next county over had gone missing. They had traced her cellphone to Joe's farm. He had never heard of the woman. Police checked around and, lo and behold, there she was-buried out behind the old barn. Had been there for around 3 or 4 days. Joe was mortified. He was taken in and questioned for 6 straight hours. They were sure it was some kind of jealous, lover's spat and that he had killed the woman out of rage. (I literally have to kill spiders for Joe. No way he'd kill someone.) His "friend" had apparently kidnapped the woman, murdered her, and then buried her on Joe's property. Then he framed Joe. It was a mess. They still haven't had the trial. It keeps getting postponed. There was enough evidence, however, that Joe was cleared (even though he will have to testity for the prosecution). He literally knew NOTHING about the woman or the body. Not long after the guy was arrested, they found out that he'd committed another murder 10 years earlier. So he's actually been charged for two deaths at this point.

What I hate the most is that it was Joe's grandparents' farm. It had been his dream his entire life to retire there. Put in a doublewide and live the rest of his life with his partner, just gardening and stuff. Then, a year after he retired his partner died. He ended up moving up there anyway, alone, and the body was found 5 months later. I felt so bad for him.

Having gone through that with him, I have some real sensitives towards RL. Should it happen to YOU, my word of advice is to lawyer up. Immediately. He should have never sat through those 6 hours of interrogation. But, Joe had never even had a speeding ticket. He didn't know better.

You are welcome. The Morning Heights cemetery is accessed via W 300 N, the road you see in the map. Please notice, that I had to correct the compass.

This is the correct map and compass orientation:

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

Nin, thank you for your time and dedication to these cases! The maps are particular good for me as I don't typically have good mapping skills. In the map you have above, near the top of the photo, there appears to be a road or wide path going from the field into the woods. Is that indeed a road? Not a public road, but maybe an access to the woods via a vehicle, versus a path that horses could have made?? It just looks as wide as a public road in that map, and I don't know whether it is or not.

I wonder if he has been released to get his "affairs in order" and then has a date to report back to begin serving his time for the probation violation?

We don't even know if he had his hearing but maybe did and that was the outcome?

Not everyone has to go straight to jail. I admit I do not know under which circumstances the court gives you that opportunity but I know that they do.

This would seem to be a good case for this as he is not a threat to anyone (presuming he is not BG of course).

The VINE Service <vine@globalnotifications.com>
1:35 PM (13 minutes ago)

to me 3/20/2017 This e-mail is to inform you that RONALD LOGAN has been released from custody as of 3/20/2017.

I just received this from Clinton County Jail VINE notification service.

And not a peep (or a tweet) from RTV, WISH, WTHR or FOX59. What gives? I dunno, maybe msm feels it's better to refrain from spotlighting RL in order simmer down the rumors and let RL return to his home in peace.

That's what I've been wondering all along is if there is other video from the highway dept. or the City or whoever owns the bridge. Or in town at gas station, or a neighbor's cam. With cam's everywhere now, he's got to be in some somewhere, and it could take quite a while to sift thru all that. In a similar but much larger park in my area, the police and park service have cams all over the woods and the lake. You can swim only in one area of the lake and if your big toe so much as dips into the water that isn't designated for swimming, you either get a ticket in the mail or a deputy shows up at your door with it. Same as if you go over the 20 mph limit. I've often looked all around the trees, etc. looking for cameras and I've never seen any at all. My hope is that this horrible thing has not only woken up this town, but similar towns and areas with such secluded parks and trails to do better security and education of the patrons. So aggravating that with all the cameras all over the place "for our safety" that so many murders are unsolved all over the place. I hope that bridge gets torn down, historic or not, and I'm a big history person, it's in need of lots of repair and I can't imagine that whoever owns it would want to pay out a lawsuit if someone is injured on it and I can't fathom any insurance company allowing it. We had a two step porch on our old house that the insurance company made us put rails on.

I don't agree with tearing it down.Really no one is forcing you to go out on it.They have plans in the works of modifying it with walking surface and including it in the trail system ...I seen the post here on WS in the earlier stages of conversation.

I don't see how he was released, he was being held on violation..he did not have his hearing...I just don't know anymore...there is a whole bunch of this that just does not make any sense! Well to me anyway...MOO

It is possible that he has been given a date to report back to begin serving his time. The court can give time to get affairs in order and he has farm animals, etc.

I do not think RL did this, my own opinion.
He may know something and not even know he does. He has lived there a along time. This is a small town. He knows probably a lot of people in this small town. If he is out drinking in a social setting or having people to his home to drink, that would be more people who could have been involved in these 2 deaths.
I keep thinking back to the first night they were reported missing. I remember seeing a video with Abby's mother and Libby's grandfather, thinking they think they are just lost and that this would not end up like it did, in their deaths. I wonder how different this may have been if they had continued to search overnight on the 13th

I agree that there is a real possibility that RL is an accessory after the fact or has concealed information from the police.

There is also a third possibility:

RL was flattered by the initial attention, then sought more. This could include lying to the police with no real purpose other than to receive more attention by inserting himself more into the story. In doing so, he got more than he bargained for and focused the investigation on himself.

I believe something vaguelly similar to this possibility occurred while police were investigating a murder initially thought to be connected to the Long Island Serial killer. A medical doctor apparently gave deceptive answers to the police regarding his activities, then placed strange calls to the victim's family. It was later determined that the doctor (a better educated version of RL?) just wanted attention.

I thought of that Doctor right away.

To me, it's evident that BG is younger and fitter (has narrower hips).

We dont know how much the case has been damaged.

I agree that there is a real possibility that RL is an accessory after the fact or has concealed information from the police.

There is also a third possibility:

RL was flattered by the initial attention, then sought more. This could include lying to the police with no real purpose other than to receive more attention by inserting himself more into the story. In doing so, he got more than he bargained for and focused the investigation on himself.

I believe something vaguelly similar to this possibility occurred while police were investigating a murder initially thought to be connected to the Long Island Serial killer. A medical doctor apparently gave deceptive answers to the police regarding his activities, then placed strange calls to the victim's family. It was later determined that the doctor (a better educated version of RL?) just wanted attention.

LE has confirmed there's no connection.

Sgt. Kim Riley Retweeted
Mar 14
Indiana State Police&#8207; @IndStatePolice
@dbursten says media reports connecting Ronald Logan to #DelphiMurders is FALSE. Probation Violation; no connection to murder investigation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok...I have to admit, I've been watching April the giraffe and not paying enough attention to my cases.

So the interview with RL and his horses, can someone repost that? And is there any video that shows what portions of the property are fenced in for the horses? Do they have access to the creek/river? Do they have access to the area the girls were found? I can see a clear fence line in Nin's map for one pasture. That straight line at the area near the woods and pasture. Seeing the horses reminds me of an earlier statement that was in an interview and mentioned horses. Makes sense to me that if you own horses, access to the area by horseback would be in your mind. I know it was mine. I remember thinking early in the case that horseback would be a way to get to that area and sadly thinking to myself that area looks wonderful for a trail ride....though now...it's been tarnished. :(

I don't agree with tearing it down.Really no one is forcing you to go out on it.They have plans in the works of modifying it with walking surface and including it in the trail system ...I seen the post here on WS in the earlier stages of conversation.

I wouldn't want to see it torn down, either. I am actually a little antsy about security cameras. I mean, my family does a lot of hiking and stuff and I don't want to feel like I am under surveillance. I realize that bad things occasionally happen in the woods but the reason I live 30 minutes from the nearest town, up in the mountains, is to that I can do whatever I want. Same goes for hiking and walking.

If you are found guilty of probation violation, sentencing will occur shortly after the probation hearing, at which time the court may extend your probation, impose additional probation terms, order you serve a brief time in jail, or revoke your probation altogether and require you to serve out any remaining time of your original sentence in prison. Factors a judge may consider in determining your sentence may include the nature and manner of the offense and whether the offender was a "first-time" or "repeat" offender, among other considerations.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

His step-son dies, his marriage ends and he finds himself alone at a time when support is vital. The pain, loneliness and silence must be devastating.

My precious son died 18 months ago at 33. I had him when I was 17 and it was just the two of us until he was 17 and I met my husband. The pain of losing him is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I am lucky to have my 15 y/o daughter and 13 y/o son, my husband, my mom, my sister and a huge family on my husband's side. And work. It keeps me busy. But at night when everyone else is asleep or when I'm driving alone in the car, the pain of his loss is crushingly ever-present.

I couldn't blame him for turning to alcohol to kill the pain. I don't condone the driving part, but - and I pray I am not wrong - I have sympathy for RL and it is tragic that his life has become this nightmare at his age.

My deepest sympathies are with the families and friends of Abby & Libby. There are no words.
My heart hurts for you Angelcat13. I'm so sorry for your loss! I know that the pain of losing a child will never disappear, but I hope that with time, that you will find great solace and healing.

Also, thank you for sharing your unique insight into how RL's grief could have spiraled if he started drinking heavily after the death of his stepson. If he's innocent, this has got to be a living hell for him.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly understand why he's under suspicion, but if in the event that he's cleared, I imagine it'll be hard to live a normal life under a blanket of suspicion in a small town until the real suspect is caught.
Of course my opinion is ONLY if he is cleared to be innocent. MOO

Anyway, peace and prayers to you!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

QUOTE=finine

Attachments

• C7YPvJZX0AABgHe.jpg
    C7YPvJZX0AABgHe.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 161
Ok...I have to admit, I've been watching April the giraffe and not paying enough attention to my cases.

So the interview with RL and his horses, can someone repost that? And is there any video that shows what portions of the property are fenced in for the horses? Do they have access to the creek/river? Do they have access to the area the girls were found? I can see a clear fence line in Nin's map for one pasture. That straight line at the area near the woods and pasture. Seeing the horses reminds me of an earlier statement that was in an interview and mentioned horses. Makes sense to me that if you own horses, access to the area by horseback would be in your mind. I know it was mine. I remember thinking early in the case that horseback would be a way to get to that area and sadly thinking to myself that area looks wonderful for a trail ride....though now...it's been tarnished. :(
I drove by yesterday. There is one large fenced area for animals that is divided in half. One side for horses and the other side for small goats. Nothing back to the river. There is a woodline along the back of the property that is maintained.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to see it torn down, either. I am actually a little antsy about security cameras. I mean, my family does a lot of hiking and stuff and I don't want to feel like I am under surveillance. I realize that bad things occasionally happen in the woods but the reason I live 30 minutes from the nearest town, up in the mountains, is to that I can do whatever I want. Same goes for hiking and walking.

19 miles to a store from my house! Love it! And no cameras ..but in the woods were we ride horses alone I do go armed..never had a problem just don't want to have one and not be prepared! Oh yeah 140 acres..you could hide a body and I wouldn't know.[emoji15]
You have to live life and not hide or correct everything to make it sterile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3