IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's your prerogative, I actually do care. :)

Like I said earlier, it's charge stacking. They will add on as many charges as they can in a given case, so that the accused sees that the case against them is so overwhelming that the risk of not taking the plea deal is unacceptable. The prosecution stacks things like false reporting onto the case against him with the expectation that it will be dismissed. They want the accused to take the deal and expedite the case, and if the deal is taken, it's a quick win for the arresting officer(s) and the prosecution.

It should feel pretty uncomfortable to make heavily weighted inferences based on charges dismissed in plea agreements, and it should be genuinely unpalatable to commit ad hominem fallacies.

Yes most do involve that.
It's not always the case though.
Control and degradation seem to be the aim in most serious crimes.
Some people just enjoy killing
Zodiac Killer..Snowtown Murders. .Ivan Milat to a degree..Unibomber..then theres the one from Anchorage, Alaska who used to release women to hunt them

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I agree with you on those points. Some people just enjoy killing. It could be that he chose the girls not for sex, but because they were younger, physically weaker and possibly easier to control versus an adult.

But we also have "odd commentary" here. We have theories upon theories and scenarios upon scenarios... We have maps, specialized software, and probably some really weird search history... Like I said earlier, I'm not ready to tar and feather him. If that time comes, I'll do it myself. But, we don't know much, really...

I will say this:

If someone was found horrifically murdered in my backyard, you could bet your bottom dollar I'd be totally freaked out and imagine every single scenario in my head of who, what, when, where, why, and how it could have possibly happened.

*I just probably wouldn't broadcast my theories to the media.
I would also probably not stick around afterwards! Let the police do what they do without me being in the way.
Nothing RL has done is overly odd at all. Imo

Happened the day before though I would think..

""I am not sure I fully comprehend what all has happened yet. Two young kids playing, you know, thinking of having a wonderful day, Valentine's Day, and it ends up one of the largest tragedies in Carroll County history," Logan said."

http://www.wthr.com/article/police-set-up-new-number-for-delphi-murder-tips

He's likes the Valentine's Day angle, and he already floated that met up with someone they knew. No matter, it wasn't Valentine's Day.

He didn't care to look on his property for the girls, but he's a detective 24-48 hrs later.

I am just personally not ready to tar and feather this man.
I appreciate that. I'm a little surprised to find myself leaning toward thinking he may very well be responsible for the girl's deaths. Ordinarily I would remain neutral, advocate for the principle of innocent until proved guilty, and like you, let the cards fall where they will.

Maybe I'm just reacting negatively to all the posts saying "There's no way it could be him!" Maybe I'm just affected by the way LE is treating him. If they don't have him set squarely at the top of their suspect list, which is how they are acting, then they are doing him a severe disservice by leaving this impression.

I remember Richard Jewell

I appreciate that. I'm a little surprised to find myself leaning toward thinking he may very well be responsible for the girl's deaths. Ordinarily I would remain neutral, advocate for the principle of innocent until proved guilty, and like you, let the cards fall where they will.

Maybe I'm just reacting negatively to all the posts saying "There's no way it could be him!" Maybe I'm just affected by the way LE is treating him. If they don't have him set squarely at the top of their suspect list, which is how they are acting, then they are doing him a severe disservice by leaving this impression.

I remember Richard Jewell

I totally respect your sentiment. We are all on the same team here, for sure. IMO, most of us are passionate people who really want to help and when we can't we feel frustrated and mad. I get it. We have an unusual amount of empathy to spare...

I think, either way, we'll know what happened. I want the person responsible for taking the girls' lives away to be punished forever, no matter whom that person(s) turn out to be. I want the LE get this case right and just follow wherever the evidence takes them. And I also believe that Liberty and Abby will be the ones to show them the right person.

It's a direct quote from a paper, not me.

Is it possible they both said it? Because I remember the friend saying you can't carry people up these hills. Which is not the quote here.

If they both said it, RL is getting out what he wants out.

-

the
paper misquoted him because IF you watched the video RL never said that. Oh well ... night.

It should feel pretty uncomfortable to make heavily weighted inferences based on charges dismissed in plea agreements...
It should feel pretty uncomfortable to make heavily weighted inferences that the charges that get "stacked" in order to obtain a plea are spurious.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but yesterday I finally found an an actual quote from a LEO giving an age estimate of BG! I was excited to find this as it's the first time I have seen or heard anyone in LE give a BG age approximation.
Tucker asked if Sgt. Perrine thought the man in the photo could be Logan.

“The man is the photo is middle aged and white,” Sgt. Perrine said. “Mr. Logan is also a white male. At this point we can’t verify anything.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/03...ere-the-bodies-of-2-indiana-teens-were-found/

""I am not sure I fully comprehend what all has happened yet. Two young kids playing, you know, thinking of having a wonderful day, Valentine's Day, and it ends up one of the largest tragedies in Carroll County history," Logan said."

http://www.wthr.com/article/police-set-up-new-number-for-delphi-murder-tips

He's likes the Valentine's Day angle, and he already floated that met up with someone they knew. No matter, it wasn't Valentine's Day.

He didn't care to look on his property for the girls, but he's a detective 24-48 hrs later.

Ok wow, not sure why I didn't pick this up sooner. He did not help with the search Monday night or Tuesday morning or go looking on his own. He also was out of town both Monday and then Tuesday, knowing two girls were missing and could be in the area of his property.

Seems a little odd to me imho. I'd think he would at least walk his own land and look inside his sheds/barns/etc.

I still don't think he is BG but there are several red flags that I can see why LE wanted to do some more investigating.

Question- is there a fence around RL's property by the creek? Or can pretty much anyone walk on and around his land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should feel pretty uncomfortable to make heavily weighted inferences that the charges that get "stacked" in order to obtain a plea are spurious.

I didn't say they were spurious. Sometimes they are extraneous, because they are already implied in the principle offence for which the accused takes the plea agreement. They are typically weak, and the prosecution would have great difficulty obtaining convictions, and the accused may not be able to afford to defend themselves. It would be a huge waste of valuable court resources to actually have to try to obtain convictions for all the other charges, and that's why everyone hopes for the plea agreement. The courtroom workgroup, where plea deals are worked out, is about expediting cases rather than doling out sweet justice, and stacked charges are a tool for achieving this goal.

My point about inferences is that going from what is likely lying during a roadside stop for suspected DUI, to compulsive lying and/or lying about and/or participating in a double homicide of minors, is a bit like going from a shortbus to a Ferrari.

I just signed up and find this site very helpful. I have not read all of the threads, but I thought that the murders took place in the same spot where the victims were found?

It would make no sense to me for a killer to commit murder of two people and then have to physically move the bodies to another spot. Too difficult when time is of the essence. The longer the perp stayed in the area, the higher the chances of him being seen or caught.
I don't think we know yet. I know I don't. Nor how they were killed. We are just trying to figure out what made them decide to search RL's house.

Welcome to websleuths!

ETA Unsure of where the murder tool place as that area was possibly searched the day before they were found, not sure.
They also have two different days of death on their resting place here. One may have been killed that day and the other the next day?

******There is not enough information from LE to say whether this is a case of sexual pedophilia-murder. We simply have not been given enough details. To say that anybody is beyond scrutiny simply because they have no arrest record for similar crimes is, well, pedestrian at best.

If only ten percent of child molestations are true then he could have molested before. When I was little 8 9? 10 max? There was a neighbor who was never arrested but had molested many children, including to some extent me. I was told not to tell my father and that I was never to go in his house again.

Ok wow, not sure why I didn't pick this up sooner. He did not help with the search Monday night or Tuesday morning or go looking on his own. He also was out of town both Monday and then Tuesday, knowing two girls were missing and could be in the area of his property.

Seems a little odd to me imho. I'd think he would at least walk his own land and look inside his sheds/barns/etc.

I still don't think he is BG but there are several red flags that I can see why LE wanted to do some more investigating.

Question- is there a fence around RL's property by the creek? Or can pretty much anyone walk on and around his land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dad is 80. You can damn well bet he would walk/ride every inch of his property in a case like this!
Heck if the wind blows sideways he is all over his property!
There is NO WAY he would have left the next day. He would have been up at the crack of dawn surveiliing his property with whatever he could use.
I doubt he would be letting any media film him or granting any interviews.
Thankfully my dad isn't a part of this nightmare.

If RL did it, IMO he has met his match!
Ditto if he is covering for a friend/family member.
(My dad would be the 1st to turn anyone in!)
Prayers and blessings if RL isn't involved.
IMO RL is in hot water (due to his own decisions ) and shortly we will know.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member